Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,13:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,18:38)
    Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

Did Adam enjoy any part of his life without sin?  I haven't.  Nor have you.

That's ONE big difference.  Nick, why are we even discussing this?  Because you want to insist that Jesus was just like the rest of us despite the fact that God was directly his Father?  ???

Hi MB,
    Again you grasp at straws to try and make a difference apparent
    but it is futile to fight scripture

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,08:21)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,18:46)
    Both sides are human and therefore called man.  Both sides are needed to have a whole man.

You've answered your own abstract nonsensicality, Kerwin.  (That word is growing on me now.  :) )

If BOTH sides are NEEDED to have a man, then each side in and of itself is NOT a man.  Ergo, you are understanding “inner man” wrong – as most of the translations attest.

Mike,

I am being clear about what I mean but you are having trouble understanding. Why are you having trouble.

Each and every living human being is both an outer man and an inner man. Each living human is one human that is treated as two for teaching purposes. Each living human composed of the spiritual and the material.

A human composed only of the spiritual side is dead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    They did not understand and neither do you apparently– for the same reason.
    You do not yet have spiritual eyes.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2012,16:12)
    Hi Colter,

Nick, nobody here has spiritual eyes.  Speaking from the heart is sadly missed as people have become of the flesh.

I have spent so long on this forum – and greatfully I still have what I believe.

I believe the time is being cut short, for the sake of the elect.  I believe the world is in a really sad spiritual deception.  I believe that the man of sin has taken his seat in the temple of God (which is the body) and that everything has now become flesh.

I believe that people spend all of their time on forums because they have no-one else to speak their heart to regarding God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but that time draws nigh and people grow tired.

I believe that Jesus is the son of God, but God is the Father of all.  One is naturally higher than the other,  and that is God.  Jesus is next in line, and then comes everyone else.

Then is the creation of God – wow – could we as man (woman) ever do what God has done?  No way.

We each have our own idea it seems on what God is , weather Jesus pre-existed, etc, but in the end, all that really matters is how we have lived our life…  And if we listen to God – and if we turned to God.

God either knows us, or He doesn't.

i know God is my Father and I love God.

And Jesus is my help and my friend and I love Jesus.

And in the end, that's all that really matters.

“Return to me saith the LORD and I will return to You”.

My prayer is that everyone here can stand in the day which we are in, and that many remain in the end, because the end is drawing near.

Listening to God and not the self… And obeying God is the key.

God bless take care, all.

terraricca
    Participant

Shimmer

We each have our own idea it seems on what God is , weather Jesus pre-existed, etc, but in the end, all that really matters is how we have lived our life… And if we listen to God – and if we turned to God.

My prayer is that everyone here can stand in the day which we are in, and that many remain in the end, because the end is drawing near.

this is good ,but the ones that really submit them self to God ,could be seen by the truth that they preach not by their opinions ,if we say that we follow Christ and his father and not understand scriptures ,is this not shows that we are not part of the ones that are submit to God ??? to me it does ,because how can you submit your selves to God on one hand and then not even understand what he says in his words to you????

and if you do not fulfill the words you do not understand what are you fulfilling ???? the opposition ???yes.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 14 2012,03:33)
    Shimmer

We each have our own idea it seems on what God is , weather Jesus pre-existed, etc, but in the end, all that really matters is how we have lived our life…  And if we listen to God – and if we turned to God.

this is good ,but the ones that really submit them self to God ,could be seen by the truth that they preach not by their opinions ,if we say that we follow Christ and his father and not understand scriptures ,is this not shows that we are not part of the ones that are submit to God ??? to me it does ,because how can you submit your selves to God on one hand and then not even understand what he says in his words to you????

and if you do not fulfill the words you do not understand what are you fulfilling ???? the opposition ???yes.

The apostles were often confused as well.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ April 13 2012,17:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2012,16:12)
    Hi Colter,

Nick, nobody here has spiritual eyes.  Speaking from the heart is sadly missed as people have become of the flesh.

I have spent so long on this forum – and greatfully I still have what I believe.

I believe the time is being cut short, for the sake of the elect.  I believe the world is in a really sad spiritual deception.  I believe that the man of sin has taken his seat in the temple of God (which is the body) and that everything has now become flesh.

I believe that people spend all of their time on forums because they have no-one else to speak their heart to regarding God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but that time draws nigh and people grow tired.

I believe that Jesus is the son of God, but God is the Father of all.  One is naturally higher than the other,  and that is God.  Jesus is next in line, and then comes everyone else.

Then is the creation of God – wow – could we as man (woman) ever do what God has done?  No way.

Shimmer,

There is a way that teaches you to be righteous as God is righteous. That way is through Jesus Christ. There are many false teachers. If a teaching is not designed to teach you to pursue the goal of being righteous as God is; it is false. Jesus teaches us to seek first God's righteousness and his kingdom.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 13 2012,16:39)
    So we can appreciate the triumph of Athanasius over Arius. Had Arius and his followers won, they might well have attempted to “fix” the gospels in those many areas that Jesus misspoke. The duel nature of the incarnate Son might well have been lost for a time.

Colter

Colter,

What dual nature? Jesus is the descendant of Adam via the line of David and the Son of God through the Spirit he lives by. His followers are sons of Adam as to the flesh but sons of God through the Spirit they live by.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    you say

“So we can appreciate the triumph of Athanasius over Arius. Had Arius and his followers won, they might well have attempted to “fix” the gospels in those many areas that Jesus misspoke. The duel nature of the incarnate Son might well have been lost for a time.”

Certainly the whore has become comfortable with her dogmas based on the thoughts of unspiritual men.
    Come out of her as she offends God

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 14 2012,12:45)

Shimmer

COLTER

wen at the beginning or at the end (of 3.5 years) ???

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Terrarica and Kerwin, thanks for your post replies.

Spock
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2012,09:32)

Quote (Colter @ April 13 2012,16:39)
    So we can appreciate the triumph of Athanasius over Arius. Had Arius and his followers won, they might well have attempted to “fix” the gospels in those many areas that Jesus misspoke. The duel nature of the incarnate Son might well have been lost for a time.

Colter

Colter,

What dual nature?  Jesus is the descendant of Adam via the line of David and the Son of God through the Spirit he lives by.  His followers are sons of Adam as to the flesh but sons of God through the Spirit they live by.

The incarnation of the Son in the person of Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous reality.

“Christ Michael did not progressively become God. God did not, at some vital moment in the earth life of Jesus, become man. Jesus was God and man—always and even forevermore. And this God and this man were, and now are, one, even as the Paradise Trinity of three beings is in reality one Deity.”

“Consciousness of divinity was a gradual growth in the mind of Jesus up to the occasion of his baptism. After he became fully self-conscious of his divine nature, prehuman existence, and universe prerogatives, he seems to have possessed the power of variously limiting his human consciousness of his divinity. It appears to us that from his baptism until the crucifixion it was entirely optional with Jesus whether to depend only on the human mind or to utilize the knowledge of both the human and the divine minds. At times he appeared to avail himself of only that information which was resident in the human intellect. On other occasions he appeared to act with such fullness of knowledge and wisdom as could be afforded only by the utilization of the superhuman content of his divine consciousness.

We can understand his unique performances only by accepting the theory that he could, at will, self-limit his divinity consciousness. We are fully cognizant that he frequently withheld from his associates his foreknowledge of events, and that he was aware of the nature of their thinking and planning. We understand that he did not wish his followers to know too fully that he was able to discern their thoughts and to penetrate their plans. He did not desire too far to transcend the concept of the human as it was held in the minds of his apostles and disciples.

We are utterly at a loss to differentiate between his practice of self-limiting his divine consciousness and his technique of concealing his preknowledge and thought discernment from his human associates. We are convinced that he used both of these techniques, but we are not always able, in a given instance, to specify which method he may have employed. We frequently observed him acting with only the human content of consciousness; then would we behold him in conference with the directors of the celestial hosts of the universe and discern the undoubted functioning of the divine mind. And then on almost numberless occasions did we witness the working of this combined personality of man and God as it was activated by the apparent perfect union of the human and the divine minds. This is the limit of our knowledge of such phenomena; we really do not actually know the full truth about this mystery.” Urantia revelation 1955

Colter

Spock
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 14 2012,10:49)

Shimmer

COLTER

wen at the beginning or at the end (of 3.5 years)  ???

All throughout their experience, from being chosen, throughout the 3+ years of Jesus training, then after Jesus left when the gospel changed to reflect the Pagan interpretations of the people who ultimately formed the new religion about Jesus, Christianity.

The apostles did the best they could in transitioning from their old religion to Jesus' religion, but a gallon cannot fit into a quart.

Colter

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 14 2012,10:42)
    Hi Colter,
    you say

“So we can appreciate the triumph of Athanasius over Arius. Had Arius and his followers won, they might well have attempted to “fix” the gospels in those many areas that Jesus misspoke. The duel nature of the incarnate Son might well have been lost for a time.”

Certainly the whore has become comfortable with her dogmas based on the thoughts of unspiritual men.
    Come out of her as she offends God

The imperfect institution of the Christian church has been fostered by Christ, you may want to consider choosing your words more carefully.

Colter

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,20:32)

Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

That's ONE big difference.  Nick, why are we even discussing this?  Because you want to insist that Jesus was just like the rest of us despite the fact that God was directly his Father?  ???

Hi MB,
    Are you trying to follow a lesser god?

Yes Nick, I am. Jesus is a god according to Biblical terminology. He is not the Most High God who sent him in order that we follow him, therefore he is a lesser god.

You also follow a lesser god – you just can't bring yourself to accept and embrace the Biblical terms used to describe Jesus, because you are hopelessly locked into today's common understanding of the word “god”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,20:35)
    Hi MB,
    Scripture tells us three times he is a man.
    Plenty of witnesses there.

So your argument is with scripture

Yes Nick,

Jesus was a man. I don't argue with that fact, so how is it that you say I'm arguing with scripture? ???

I believe scripture when it says Jesus was existing in the form of God before being made into a man. It is YOU who doesn't believe scripture, and therefore YOU who argues with it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,20:37)

Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

Hi MB,
    Again you grasp at straws to try and make a difference apparent
    but it is futile to fight scripture

Grasping at straws? ??? Nick, what is the matter with you? I've simply posted a scriptural FACT, and you imply that I'm twisting scripture. ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,20:53)
    Each and every living human being is both an outer man and an inner man.

Are you saying that each INDIVIDUAL human being consists of TWO human beings, Kerwin?

That seems to be what you are saying, and is most likely the reason I'm not understanding you – because your words are unscriptural and untrue.

Do you have more scriptural witnesses to support your understanding of “inner man”? Or could it be that you are purposely understanding it wrong in an effort to support your theory that Jesus is both a spirit being AND a human being?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ April 12 2012,21:05)
    In order to justify their disbelief, they have had to rationalize away so much.

But at least when Jesus asked the Pharisees of old how the Messiah could be the son of David if David calls him “my Lord”, they remained silent because they could not answer.

The Pharisees on this site don't ever do that.  Like you said, they try their best to rationalize away so many clearly written scriptures.  And often, their rationalizations are beyond nonsensical.  

For example, I've heard them claim that John 17:5 is a case of Jesus asking to be returned to the glory he had as a thought in God's head before the world began.  ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 15 2012,04:51)

Quote (terraricca @ April 14 2012,10:49)

Shimmer

COLTER

wen at the beginning or at the end (of 3.5 years)  ???

All throughout their experience, from being chosen, throughout the 3+ years of Jesus training, then after Jesus left when the gospel changed to reflect the Pagan interpretations of the people who ultimately formed the new religion about Jesus, Christianity.

The apostles did the best they could in transitioning from their old religion to Jesus' religion, but a gallon cannot fit into a quart.

Colter

colter

how can you establish what you say ,with what you know from scriptures ,

spell it out with the apostles letters and see if you make any sense in what you claiming ;

or are you full of hot air ????

then after Jesus left when the gospel changed to reflect the Pagan interpretations of the people who ultimately formed the new religion about Jesus, Christianity.

Colter

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account