Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ April 12 2012,17:08)
    But, these people will not, cannot concede because they have their pride invested in an alien doctrine. What seems so obvious to you is hidden from them, they are not consistent and frankly intellectually dishonest.

You know, Colter, I rack my brain trying to understand how exactly these people can't see what is right before their very eyes.  

With the help of others here, I put together a thread called “Pre-existent Scriptural Database” on this site – and to date, we have logged over 50 scriptures that teach of Jesus' pre-existence.  I can understand where these guys disagree with some of them, but when it comes to others, like where Jesus point blank says, “I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN”, I can't for the life of me grasp the motive behind blatantly refusing to believe the very words of the one they call their Lord.  ???

Thanks for your support.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,16:51)
    Hi MB,
    God was also the Father of Adam[lk 3.38] and the jews [deut 14.1]
    So how does parentage by God make one different?

And was Adam not different than all subsequent human beings, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 13 2012,10:08)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,09:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,16:40)
    Hi MB,
    Does scripture tell us he was different to other men before the Jordan?
    If not why do you?

Well Nick,

Was God Almighty his Father before the Jordan?  Or did he have a human father before the Jordan?  ???  Jesus was not a “normal” human being from the moment he emptied himself to be made in the likeness of a human being.

You are correct; a common reading by one without an anti-preexistent Son of God agenda, would quite easily see your point. But, these people will not, cannot concede because they have their pride invested in an alien doctrine. What seems so obvious to you is hidden from them, they are not consistent and frankly intellectually dishonest.

* Their stubborn pride leads to the construction of a temporary man-God, a 30 something carpenter from Nazareth who's Godly office was birthed in a muddy river.

* The purpose of the Jordan for Jesus was simply to signal the public inauguration of his preaching. He had already pleased God hence the announcement.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    So just a religious service and an announcement in the water that his work done by the Spirit was to begin??[acts 10.38]

How odd

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you unlike to Adam- apart from your life span?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes your need for natural understanding to rule does rob you of spiritual truth

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,17:03)
    Are there more than an outer and inner man mentioned in Scripture?

Kerwin,

Let me do a “sanity check” on you real quick:

1. Do you understand that a SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING is comprised of a flesh, blood and bone body, and a soul, which are powered by spirit on loan from God?

2. Do you seriously think that every SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING is comprised of TWO, SEPARATE HUMAN BEINGS?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,17:28)
    Hi MB,

In MANY ways, Nick.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,17:29)
    Hi MB,
    Yes your need for natural understanding to rule does rob you of spiritual truth

And YOUR claim that scripture should be understood as a mish-mash of contradicting verses that make no logical sense to sane, God-given, human brains is pathetic.

And your claim that one must have spirit to understand your unscriptural nonsense is even more pathetic.

I keep telling you:  If the spirit that is guiding YOU is causing you to spout nonsensical things that directly contradict many scriptures, then you need to test that spirit.  (You can test it against the written word of God using your God-given intelligence and logic.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,10:25)

Quote (Colter @ April 12 2012,17:08)
    But, these people will not, cannot concede because they have their pride invested in an alien doctrine. What seems so obvious to you is hidden from them, they are not consistent and frankly intellectually dishonest.

You know, Colter, I rack my brain trying to understand how exactly these people can't see what is right before their very eyes.  

With the help of others here, I put together a thread called “Pre-existent Scriptural Database” on this site – and to date, we have logged over 50 scriptures that teach of Jesus' pre-existence.  I can understand where these guys disagree with some of them, but when it comes to others, like where Jesus point blank says, “I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN”, I can't for the life of me grasp the motive behind blatantly refusing to believe the very words of the one they call their Lord.  ???

Thanks for your support.

Hi MB,
    Should we set up a database of all the misunderstandings expressed by the natural men of Jesus's day?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,10:32)

Hi MB,

In MANY ways, Nick.

Hi MB,
    What different coloured hair and shoe size discrepancy?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If you are not a son of Adam
    WHAT are you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,17:47)

Hi MB,

In MANY ways, Nick.

Hi MB,

For one, I have never existed without sin. Both the first Adam and the last Adam did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,05:31)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,17:03)
    Are there more than an outer and inner man mentioned in Scripture?

Kerwin,

Let me do a “sanity check” on you real quick:

1.  Do you understand that a SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING is comprised of a flesh, blood and bone body, and a soul, which are powered by spirit on loan from God?

2.  Do you seriously think that every SINGLE, INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING is comprised of TWO, SEPARATE HUMAN BEINGS?

Mike,

A human being is created with two sides of his composition.

The side that came first is the body; which has various organs and other material parts; and is made from the earth.  The side that came last is the spiritual, which has the soul, spirit, and any other immaterial parts there is, if any; and comes from above.

Both sides are human and therefore called man.  Both sides are needed to have a whole man.

Every living human is composed of these two sides.  The dead are only the inner man; as they are separated from their outer man; that sleeps in the dust of the ground.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 13 2012,05:22)
    SMILE< Trinity Gods are a replacement theory.. to avoid the perception of truth that leads to the original flow in prophecy!

One throne, one set of statues, Two Kings under one God!

Charity,

I think I understand your words here and agree with them.

God is over Jesus who is over David.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,11:25)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,17:47)

Hi MB,

In MANY ways, Nick.

Hi MB,

For one, I have never existed without sin.  Both the first Adam and the last Adam did.

Hi MB,
    So you only differentiate them by behaviour?
    So you are another ADAM?
    Another son of man

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,18:38)
    Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

Did Adam enjoy any part of his life without sin? I haven't. Nor have you.

That's ONE big difference. Nick, why are we even discussing this? Because you want to insist that Jesus was just like the rest of us despite the fact that God was directly his Father? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,18:46)
    Both sides are human and therefore called man. Both sides are needed to have a whole man.

You've answered your own abstract nonsensicality, Kerwin. (That word is growing on me now. :) )

If BOTH sides are NEEDED to have a man, then each side in and of itself is NOT a man. Ergo, you are understanding “inner man” wrong – as most of the translations attest.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,13:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,18:38)
    Hi MB,
    Did Adam not sin?

Did Adam enjoy any part of his life without sin?  I haven't.  Nor have you.

That's ONE big difference.  Nick, why are we even discussing this?  Because you want to insist that Jesus was just like the rest of us despite the fact that God was directly his Father?  ???

Hi MB,
    Are you trying to follow a lesser god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Scripture tells us three times he is a man.
    Plenty of witnesses there.

So your argument is with scripture

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account