Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    'If the parts are human then then the whole is human. If the parts are not human then the whole is not human.'
    That would be my OPINION too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    But we don't know what we will be like, but we will be like the Master.
    1 Jn3.2

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Will we still be men?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2012,04:09)
    Hi KW,
    But we don't know what we will be like, but we will be like the Master.
    1 Jn3.2

Nick,

Jesus returns as the chief descendant of mankind for it is written:

Mark 13:26
    King James Version (KJV)

26And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Scripture also states he sits at the right hand of God.

Mark 14:62
    King James Version (KJV)

62And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

How can one be the chief descendant of mankind without being human?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes he is ever the Son of Man

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2012,04:09)
    Hi KW,
    Will we still be men?

Nick,

Since even our souls are human how can we be anything but?

We will not be the same kind of human we are now for currently we are flawed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2012,20:48)
    Mike,

Scripture states the inner man is human(anthrópos); as you can see by the words of Ephesians 3:16.

So you have a human being living inside of you, Kerwin?

You seem to WILLFULLY confuse many scriptures in an attempt to fulfill your own, man-made doctrines.

Here are some translations that render the true meaning of Paul's words in Eph 3:16:
    NET ©
    I pray that according to the wealth of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner person,

NIV ©
    I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

NLT ©
    I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.

MSG ©
    I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit–not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength

BBE ©
    That in the wealth of his glory he would make you strong with power through his Spirit in your hearts;

NRSV ©
    I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit,

Of course, these translators are apparently not trying to prove that Jesus is still a human being AND a spirit being at the same time like you are.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2012,04:20)
    Hi KW,
    Yes he is ever the Son of Man

Nick,

Yet some do not believe that is so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Some do not believe he was ever a normal man.
    They want him to be a god.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

If a “normal” human being has as its parents a human mother AND a human father, then Jesus was never a “normal” human being, Nick.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,04:22)

Quote (kerwin @ April 11 2012,20:48)
    Mike,

Scripture states the inner man is human(anthrópos); as you can see by the words of Ephesians 3:16.

So you have a human being living inside of you, Kerwin?

You seem to WILLFULLY confuse many scriptures in an attempt to fulfill your own, man-made doctrines.

Here are some translations that render the true meaning of Paul's words in Eph 3:16:
    NET ©
    I pray that according to the wealth of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner person,

NIV ©
    I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

NLT ©
    I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.

MSG ©
    I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit–not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength

BBE ©
    That in the wealth of his glory he would make you strong with power through his Spirit in your hearts;

NRSV ©
    I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit,

Of course, these translators are apparently not trying to prove that Jesus is still a human being AND a spirit being at the same time like you are.

Mike,

There are many interpretation, based on idioms, but the bottom line is the word is “anthrópos” often translated human.  

I am not stating that the bible teaches that a human being is two separate humans; though that is the appearance Scripture gives.  It is only employing the method of calling the part by the whole to teach.  There are two parts of a human; the outer man; made from dust; the inner man; that gives life to the outer man and comes from above.

Jesus, like Adam and any other human being, is composed of these two parts.  Scripture states he is a man and therefore both parts are human.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Does scripture tell us he was different to other men before the Jordan?
    If not why do you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,16:40)
    Jesus, like Adam and any other human being, is composed of these two parts. Scripture states he is a man and therefore both parts are human.

Scripture teaches no such thing as “two parts” to every human being.

When you die, and your body decays, your spirit goes back to Him who gave it, and you soul is unconsciously waiting for the resurrection, is your soul a “human being”?

Also, are you aware of any “human beings” who do not have flesh, blood, and bone as part of their makeup?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,16:40)
    Hi MB,
    Does scripture tell us he was different to other men before the Jordan?
    If not why do you?

Well Nick,

Was God Almighty his Father before the Jordan? Or did he have a human father before the Jordan? ??? Jesus was not a “normal” human being from the moment he emptied himself to be made in the likeness of a human being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God was also the Father of Adam[lk 3.38] and the jews [deut 14.1]
    So how does parentage by God make one different?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,04:37)
    If a “normal” human being has as its parents a human mother AND a human father, then Jesus was never a “normal” human being, Nick.

Mike,

Identical twins are the result of a single parent zygote dividing into two offspring.  

Chimera is a child that results when two parent zygotes merge.

Jesus is the result of Parthenogenesis, a phenomena recorded in the animal and plant kingdoms; but not human;except for him.   There are rare parthenogenetic chimera.

Here is a summary about human parthenogenetic chimera.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2012,04:46)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,16:40)
    Jesus, like Adam and any other human being, is composed of these two parts.  Scripture states he is a man and therefore both parts are human.

Scripture teaches no such thing as “two parts” to every human being.

When you die, and your body decays, your spirit goes back to Him who gave it, and you soul is unconsciously waiting for the resurrection, is your soul a “human being”?

Also, are you aware of any “human beings” who do not have flesh, blood, and bone as part of their makeup?

Mike,

God created man by forming him from the earth and putting the breath of life in in him.  That is two parts that are elsewhere labeled the outer and inner man.  

The outer man is composed of multiple parts and such may also be true of the inner man.

Are there more than an outer and inner man mentioned in Scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Trinity gods are alien to scripture.
    Very strange indeed

charity
    Participant

SMILE< Trinity Gods are a replacement theory.. to avoid the perception of truth that leads to the original flow in prophecy!

One throne, one set of statues, Two Kings under one God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    Yes we can follow a man into rebirth from above but not a godman.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account