Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 12 2012,04:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,01:58)
    Hi KW,
    And the soul of man is often referred to as the spirit of man.

Yes the Spirit of God teaches His children and transforms their minds.
    The Body is also part of THE OLD MAN, the part that is discarded at death

You did not look at the other verses.

N

are those words of Jesus addressed to you ????

Jn 16:5 “Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
    Jn 16:6 Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief.
    Jn 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    Jn 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
    Jn 16:9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;
    Jn 16:10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
    Jn 16:11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
    Jn 16:12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
    Jn 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

if not then you can come down from your high chair to the ground

Hi T,
    The really relevant sin is unbelief-God can rescue all men who know they are sinners and repent.

Righteousness is not of men but of their Lord and we are to put on the breastplate we've been given.

If we still serve the god of this world who has been judged how can we avoid sharing his condemnation?

Those who are alive in the Holy Spirit will be taught by God and will not need to follow men any more.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2012,13:58)
    Hi KW,

Nick,

You are correct that the soul of a man is at times called the spirit of a man.

The mortal body is part of both the old and new man. The only difference is the renewal of the spirit; not the soul of a man. We know that because it is written:

Romans 6:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

and

Ephesians 4
    King James Version (KJV)

22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
    23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
    24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I have not gone read the entire context of “old man”/”new man” of late but I am familiar with the ideas that these terms express.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,01:00)

Hi KW,

N

Jn 16:5 “Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
    Jn 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    Jn 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
    Jn 16:10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
    Jn 16:11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
    Jn 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Hi T,
    The really relevant sin is unbelief-God can rescue all men who know they are sinners and repent.

Righteousness is not of men but of their Lord and we are to put on the breastplate we've been given.

If we still serve the god of this world who has been judged how can we avoid sharing his condemnation?

Those who are alive in the Holy Spirit will be taught by God and will not need to follow men any more.

Nick,

Sounds good!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,06:23)

Hi KW,

Nick,

The mortal body is part of both the old and new man.  The only difference is the renewal of the spirit; not the soul of a man.  We know that because it is written:

King James Version (KJV)

19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

and

Ephesians 4
    King James Version (KJV)

22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
    24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I have not gone read the entire context of “old man”/”new man” of late but I am familiar with the ideas that these terms express.

Hi KW,
    The spirit of a man is not renewed but God sends His Spirit into us so that when our spirit leaves at death and returns to God we are yet alive in the Spirit.

Those who confuse the soul with the human spirit must somehow think all are acceptable to God if their spirit returns to him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,13:00)

Hi KW,

N

Hi T,

N

I quoted you scriptures ,why did you not show me scriptures to support your interpretation ?????????????????????

why ????????????????????

why ??????????????????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Meat not milk.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,03:12)

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,06:23)

Hi KW,

Nick,

The mortal body is part of both the old and new man.  The only difference is the renewal of the spirit; not the soul of a man.  We know that because it is written:

King James Version (KJV)

and

Ephesians 4
    King James Version (KJV)

Hi KW,
    The spirit of a man is not renewed but God sends His Spirit into us so that when our spirit leaves at death and returns to God we are yet alive in the Spirit.

Those who confuse the soul with the human spirit must somehow think all are acceptable to God if their spirit returns to him.

Nick,

What you write seems to conflict with what is written:

2 Corinthians 4:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Ephesians 4:23
    King James Version (KJV)

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,21:32)
    King James version clearly states “what man” and then answers the question by stating “save the spirit of man which is in him”. In answering the question “what man” it is calling a man's spirit man.

Kerwin,

You are confused. It is not calling the spirit of man a “man” at all. It is saying that no man truly knows ANOTHER man. It is saying that ONLY that man's own spirit truly knows him.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,21:44)
    Mike,

It does not say the last Adam is Jesus; but instead calls him Adam.

So you don't think “the last Adam” in 1 Cor 15:45 refers to Jesus?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 12 2012,07:52)

King James version clearly states “what man” and then answers the question by stating “save the spirit of man which is in him”.  In answering the question “what man” it is calling a man's spirit man.

Kerwin,

You are confused.  It is not calling the spirit of man a “man” at all.  It is saying that no man truly knows ANOTHER man.  It is saying that ONLY that man's own spirit truly knows him.

Mike,

So you claim that passage is not answering the question it asked? Sad that you would reach that flawed conclusion as Scripture teaches that there is an outer man and an inner man. The outer came first and then the inner. The inner man gives life the outer man.

kerwin
    Participant

King James version clearly states “what man” and then answers the question by stating “save the spirit of man which is in him”.  In answering the question “what man” it is calling a man's spirit man.

Kerwin,

You are confused.  It is not calling the spirit of man a “man” at all.  It is saying that no man truly knows ANOTHER man.  It is saying that ONLY that man's own spirit truly knows him.

Mike,

The last Adam refers to Adam's inner man which is a life given spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW
    2 Corinthians 4:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

The body perishes while the mind is built up.

Ephesians 4:23
    King James Version (KJV)

We must submit to having our mind renewed according to the Word.

Colossians 3:10
    King James Version (KJV)

10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Ther mind is renewed by the inner teaching of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    “The last Adam refers to Adam's inner man which is a life given spirit.”

Adam never enjoyed the baptism of the Spirit.
    The Spirit of Christ gives life to those in the body.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,07:59)

Kerwin,

Mike,

The last Adam refers to Adam's inner man which is a life given spirit.

Quote (kerwin @ April 10 2012,21:44)
    Mike,

It does not say the last Adam is Jesus; but instead calls him Adam.

So you don't think “the last Adam” in 1 Cor 15:45 refers to Jesus?

This is the post I was answering.  Sorry for my error.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Jesus Christ is the first and last,
    First as he is the first of the new creation.
    Last because all who are saved are saved in him

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,08:05)
    Hi KW,
    You say
    “The last Adam refers to Adam's inner man which is a life given spirit.”

Adam never enjoyed the baptism of the Spirit.
    The Spirit of Christ gives life to those in the body.

Nick,

Adam's inner man is called the breath of life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No
    He is a living soul BY the breath of God
    Gen2

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,08:13)
    Hi KW,
    Jesus Christ is the first and last,
    First as he is the first of the new creation.
    Last because all who are saved are saved in him

Nick,

Jesus is the first and last in the series of natural sons of God; as even the angels of God go to God through him.

There is no other Son; just as there is no other God.

Isaiah 48:12
    King James Version (KJV)

12Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

You are correct that he is also the Pioneer and Finisher of the true faith.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,08:23)
    Hi KW,
    No
    Gen2

Nick,

When the soul returned to his body the boy was given life and became a living soul.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2012,08:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2012,08:23)
    Hi KW,
    No
    Gen2

Nick,

When the soul returned to his body the boy was given life and became a living soul.

Nick,

The inner man is not made from dust.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account