Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2012,22:32)
    Hi MB,

1Cor8

5 For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords),

The term “so-called” is added by some translators.  That meaning is not in Paul's words, but imagined by translators who think there is literally only one god – despite the fact that that understanding would make terms like “God of gods”, “God Most High”, and “God Almighty” meaningless.

Jehovah cannot possibly be the God OF gods if there exist no other gods for Him to be the God OF.

And while we are on the subject, Nick, there is also no Biblical mention of any “false god”. That is another term added by translators.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 11 2012,04:21)

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 11 2012,16:21)
    An angelic being is not a person, it is a being.

An angel is not a being,they are creatures,for they are created.

From what word does “personality” derive? A “person” is anyone with their own, individual personality.

I am a person, despite the fact that I am a human BEING, and despite the fact that I was CREATED.

Angels are also persons, beings, and created. Unlike me, however, they are not human beings (men).

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 09 2012,11:27)
    No Nick.  We follow the teachings of one who USED TO BE a human being.  Before that, he was a spirit being who had glory alongside his God.  After that, he was exalted to an even higher glory at the right hand of his God.

The last Adam became a SPIRIT, Nick.  Galatians 1:1 and 11 make it CLEAR that he is no longer a human being.

Mike,

Hebrews 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,

In NO way is Galatians 1:1, and 11 saying that Jesus is no longer a man?

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

Galatians 1:1  Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),…..11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.  

The gospel is according to God, and Christ, the MAN RAISED from the dead given immortality in his flesh and bones, is His mediator.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God

Luke 22:69 Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.”

Luke 21:27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” …..34  “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.  35  For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.  36  Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy  to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Galatians is not telling us that Jesus is no longer a man. Galatians teaches NOTHING about Jesus becoming a “spirit being”.

Paul and Jesus are BOTH human beings, they are both Jews, they both are God's apostles who teach God's Gospel. The gospel of God is the good news of Jesus, the man raised from the dead. Jesus is Paul's Lord, his High Priest, because Jesus remained without sin and died for us, and is the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things. 8 Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel, 9 for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained. 10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2 Timothy 1:10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

1 Corinthians 15: 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you–unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. 12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up–if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. 20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

2 Timothy 1:8  Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,  9  who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,  10  but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

The Gospel is according to the plan and power of God. This good news is about the MAN who was raised from the dead, the resurrected Christ of flesh and bones who appeared to many after being raised from the dead.

Paul is an apostle of that gospel through God and His mediator, the man raised from the dead, Jesus our anointed brother.

Good grief Mike, the scripture clearly recognizes Jesus as the MAN who was raised from the dead!

Galatians 1:1  Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),…..11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.

Who was raised from the dead? Who appeared to many after being raised from the dead? Who is returning with power and great glory? Who sits at the right hand of God?

THE SON OF MAN, who was raised immortal with FLESH AND BONES!!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Feb. 11 2012,10:46)
    Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

T8,

This was the other Greek word to which I referred in an earlier post. The word is “aner”, which is used to distinguish between a male and a female. It does not have the same “human being” meaning as “anthropos”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good grief Mike, the scripture clearly recognizes Jesus as the MAN who was raised from the dead!

Actually Jodi,

Scripture teaches that Jesus is NOT a human being anymore, but that he became a spirit.

And I don't need a novel of unrelated scriptures to show you this.  (Gal 1:1, 11, 1 Cor 15:45, 2 Cor 3:17)

NickHassan
    Participant

HiMB,
    No it does not TEACH that but you inferred it and teach it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm sorry Nick. I take the words “the last MAN became a SPIRT” to mean that Jesus is no longer a man, but a spirit.

Apparently, you don't.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick, were you going to comment on your “so-called god” claim? Like, maybe to say, “Sorry Mike, you are right and I will adjust my teaching from now on.” ?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Mike,
    Still changing scriptures to support your beliefs? You quote the scripture as “the last MAN became a SPIRT”.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

That makes for a big change to the meaning of the statement.

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes you need to be accurate to show you respect God and His Word.
    Man offers nothing

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And what do YOU GUYS suppose Paul meant by the word “adam”?  Is it not the Hebrew word for MAN?  ???

PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 12 2012,03:53)

Actually Jodi,

Scripture teaches that Jesus is NOT a human being anymore, but that he became a spirit.

And I don't need a novel of unrelated scriptures to show you this.  (Gal 1:1, 11, 1 Cor 15:45, 2 Cor 3:17)

Mike,

Galatians 1:1 and 11 say nothing about Jesus becoming a spirit being!

Paul was made an apostle not through the authority of men, but through God.

Scripture does not teach that Paul's position came through “spirit beings”, it came through God! Jesus is not God, but the Son of God, and the Son of man.

Paul and Jesus are both apostles through God, however Jesus is the High Priest, and thus is master of Paul.

Galatians 1 identifies Jesus as being raised from the dead, thus identifies him as the man raised with flesh and bones, not as a spirit being!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 12 2012,04:08)
    I'm sorry Nick.  I take the words “the last MAN became a SPIRT” to mean that Jesus is no longer a man, but a spirit.

Apparently, you don't.

but what about the scriptures that STILL refer to him as a man?

you are ignoring those scriptures

Those scripture should tell you that you are obviously understanding 1 Corinthians 15 WRONG IMO.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    True.
    The Spirit of Christ taught Paul.
    But Yahshua will return to earth in all his glory

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Feb. 12 2012,11:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 12 2012,04:08)
    I'm sorry Nick.  I take the words “the last MAN became a SPIRT” to mean that Jesus is no longer a man, but a spirit.

Apparently, you don't.

you are ignoring those scriptures

Those scripture should tell you that you are obviously understanding 1 Corinthians 15 WRONG IMO.

Jodi

Christ is forever a “man” because he was the one that came down to save us all,and he his for ever the son of God because that he always was,to US as men we have now someone like us to plead for us before the throne of his father ,just like JOB want it and find no one in his time to do just that ,

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Romans 1:1  Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God  2  which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,  3  concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,  4  and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Jesus is a son of God through being led by the Spirit of God.

Jesus is and always will be a man, ever since the day he was born of the seed of his father Joseph, who was of the seed of David, who was of the seed of Abraham!

Matthew 1:1  The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham:  2  Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers.  3  Judah begot Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez begot Hezron, and Hezron begot Ram.  4  Ram begot Amminadab, Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon.  5  Salmon begot Boaz by Rahab, Boaz begot Obed by Ruth, Obed begot Jesse,  6  and Jesse begot David the king.David the king begot Solomon by her who had been the wife  of Uriah.  7  Solomon begot Rehoboam, Rehoboam begot Abijah, and Abijah begot Asa.   8  Asa begot Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat begot Joram, and Joram begot Uzziah.  9  Uzziah begot Jotham, Jotham begot Ahaz, and Ahaz begot Hezekiah.  10  Hezekiah begot Manasseh, Manasseh begot Amon,  and Amon begot Josiah.  11  Josiah begot Jeconiah and his brothers about the time they were carried away to Babylon.  12  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jeconiah begot Shealtiel, and Shealtiel begot Zerubbabel.  13  Zerubbabel begot Abiud, Abiud begot Eliakim, and Eliakim begot Azor.  14  Azor begot Zadok, Zadok begot Achim, and Achim begot Eliud.  15  Eliud begot Eleazar, Eleazar begot Matthan, and Matthan begot Jacob.  16  And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.  17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations.

Marlin1
    Participant

T8,

This was the other Greek word to which I referred in an earlier post.  The word is “aner”, which is used to distinguish between a male and a female.  It does not have the same “human being” meaning as “anthropos”.

anthropos    {anth'-ro-pos}    a[nqrwpoß    from 435 and ops (the countenance, from 3700); man-faced, i.e. a human being; TDNT — 1:364,59; n m
    AV  — man (552)

aner    {an'-ayr}    ajnhvr    a primary word [compare 444]; TDNT — 1:360,59; n m
    AV  — man (156)

The primary difference is that anthropos can refer to any human (male or female) and aner refers to male.  The main point is that both refer to human.

Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Feb. 11 2012,11:48)
    Galatians 1 identifies Jesus as being raised from the dead, thus identifies him as the man raised with flesh and bones, not as a spirit being!

Wrong again, Jodi.

Galatians 1:1 and 11 make clear that Paul did NOT recieve his gospel from any MAN, but from Jesus Christ. Why would you have such a hard time understanding this? ???

Marlin1
    Participant

Jesus was born of the seed of his father Joseph, who was of the seed of David, who was of the seed of Abraham!

Jody,  You might want to recheck this,the way it sounds.  Jesus was the son of, not the seed of.
    Jesus, was the created cell of God, placed in Mary.  He was in the line of David, because He was raised by Joseph and Mary as a son, not because He had Joseph's seed.

God Bless
    Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Feb. 11 2012,11:51)

Oh, that's why you're having the hard time – because you think there exist scriptures that say Jesus IS still a human being in heaven.

I assure you there aren't any.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account