Is Jesus God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 22 2009,04:29)
    thinker………simple knowledge 101, a WORD (IS) the expression of ONES INTELLECT. Jesus said the words He spoke were SPIRIT and Life. Now as yourself what is a WORD, read the above and you have your answer. Your spoused to be a thinker and can't you even put that together. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

It is metaphor Gene. The Word created all things (vs. 3). So the Word is a Person. You are not letting words mean what they say like you loudly boast.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Still fiddling with scripture to fit it with catholic doctrine?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………O so it a metaphor now, like the word (word) in John I:1 right. It is amazing how you trinitarians can make so many Metaphors out of plain scriptures, if they do not fit you dogmas. Rather then trying to makes what is written fit the overall meaning of scriptures you get around them by calling them a (metaphor), especially if they contradict you belief systems. IMO

gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 22 2009,06:32)
    Thinker………O so it a metaphor now, like the word (word) in John I:1 right. It is amazing how you trinitarians can make so many Metaphors out of plain scriptures, if they do not fit you dogmas. Rather then trying to makes what is written fit the overall meaning of scriptures you get around them by calling them a (metaphor),  especially if they contradict you belief systems. IMO

gene

What do you mean “metaphor now?” I never said that Christ was a literal word. I said that the Word was a person because He created all things. The Word is also called “light” in the passage. This too is metaphor.
    It says that the Word created all things (v.3). You deny this. Therefore, you do NOT let words mean what they say. Thou hypocrite!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Jesus was his own god?
    Was he returning to himself in Jn 20.17?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker……….If you are a true TRINITARIAN, you are saying the WORD in JOHN 1:1 is METAPHOR FOR JESUS. All trinitarians believe that to my knowledge. I have never denied the (WORD) who is the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD CREATED ALL THINGS. But you trinitarians say the word was Jesus and He was the GOD that created all things right. You rush to decisions does not serve you well thinker. IMO

gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 22 2009,11:02)
    Thinker……….If you are a true TRINITARIAN, you are saying the WORD in JOHN 1:1 is METAPHOR FOR JESUS.  All trinitarians believe that to my knowledge.  I have never denied the (WORD) who is the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD CREATED ALL THINGS. But you trinitarians say the word was Jesus and He was the GOD that created all things right. You rush to decisions does not serve you well thinker. IMO

gene

Thanks Gene! You said that the Word is the true God. Now go down to verse 14 which says that the Word was made human (or flesh). You're gettin there Gene.

I am delighted to see that you do take the words “all things were created by Him” as they are written. Now do this for verse 14 and you will have the truth…finally.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 22 2009,11:02)
    Thinker……….If you are a true TRINITARIAN, you are saying the WORD in JOHN 1:1 is METAPHOR FOR JESUS.  All trinitarians believe that to my knowledge.  I have never denied the (WORD) who is the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD CREATED ALL THINGS. But you trinitarians say the word was Jesus and He was the GOD that created all things right. You rush to decisions does not serve you well thinker. IMO

gene

G,
    So the Word IS God?
    Scripture says WAS.

The Word was with God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

and the word was God!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    Jesus had a God Who should be your God too[Jn20.17]

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    Yes the word was God. It belonged to the one and only God. Also it was manifested in the flesh of Jesus. Therefore he spoke the words of God. Thereby he is also called the word of God. He is the living word of God. But it doesn't make Jesus another God. As Christians we are also being made into the image of Christ day by day but it doesn't make us literal Christs. In fact in Jn 1:1 there was only one God no two beings called God. Otherwise it make polytheism. Brother Gene has said it rightly.

Please think over
    Peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…………Yes the “WORD” was certainly (IN) Jesus and Jesus acknowledge this by saying the WORDS I AM TELLING YOU ARE (NOT) MY WORDS BUT THE WORDS OF HIM WHO SENT ME. The problem here it the TRINITARIANS want to make JESUS himself THE WORD. This is there error and adds confusion to the words of GOD. This confusion causes people to not realize that the word can be in them also just as it is in Jesus our Lord, by the same process as Jesus Had in Him, the HOLY SPIRIT from the (ONE AN ONLY) TRUE GOD.

peace and love to you and yours brother Adam……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..the teachings of the TRINITY is by far the worst teachings in existence and does more to hinder the understanding about GOD then any other teaching in History. It turns Jesus into another GOD, which turns the Image of HIm into the MAN of SIN, as stated in 2Ths 2, when he returns He will abolish that false teaching by the very words of His own mouth, and then many will come out of that confusion that Has plagued their minds for so long. But that will not happen till Jesus returns He himself must be the one to abolish it. So until then only a few who are called of GOD can see through that (LIE)> IMO

peace and love to you all who are the Israel of GOD………………… gene

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gene, The word became flesh! You quotted Jesus is our Lord, have you noticed how mant times in the bible Lord God is together? Do you remember what Jesus said to Thomas when He called Him My Lord and My God! He told Him he was blessed, and said: Blessed our those who dont see and still beleieve!do you think Its odd how all the ordained ministers who have been to college for years and years teach the trinity!

georg
    Participant

Just got finished with John 1:1 and there too W.J. is trying to make Jesus a God like the Father, which is wrong in my eyes. God the Father has a name in the Old testament Jehovah. Our Mighty God is the Father.
    1 Corinth. 11:3 says this:” The Head of every man is Christ, the Head of a woman is man, and the Head of Christ is God. That and
    Ephesians 4:6…. one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.
    The trinity doctrine is a mammade doctrine and not of God. It was Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian who first came up with it. He was born of Pagan Parents in Carthage Africa in A.D. 155. He was educated in philosophy and Greek and Latin. It is said that the trinty doctrine was his best achievement to Christianity. The Christian of that day were heaviely percecuted and died by the Millions. It was Constantine who in A.D. 313 after a bloody and brutal three centuries issued an edit granting all Christians full freedom to practice their religion.
    And in A.D. 324 He established Christianity to be his offical religion of his empire. It will be known as the Roman universal Church. And here was born the trinity along with all pagan Holidays and all of Gods Holy Days were done awy with. Even the Calander wa changed.
    This is from my Husbands Book and His study on Ancient History.
    It is all so sad tio me. We are forever thankful to our Heavenly Father for calling us out of the Catholic Church. It has been now 25 years ago and since then God has revealed more truths to us.
    So in conclusion the trinity doctrine is false and has many holes in it.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Katjo,
    The word LORD was substituted for YHWH in the OT by Jews fearful of the abuse of the name of God.
    Jesus is the Lord appointed for us by his God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the word LORD was substituted for YHWH than explain why the bible says Jesus is Lord?

Anonymous
    Inactive

why does he bless Thomas for calling him my Lord and my God?

georg
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 01 2009,00:58)
    If the word LORD was substituted for YHWH than explain why the bible says Jesus is Lord?

Notice that when it is LORD in capital letters it is the Father, and if it is Lord it is Jesus Christ.
    The translators were afraid to misspell Jehovah and used LORD instead.
    Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

But there is only one true Lord. What about Thomas calling Jesus my Lord and my God? He told him blessed are they that dont see and still believe.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account