Is Jesus God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    Who is the God of Jesus [Jn20.17] if he is your God?
    Tell us about Acts 10.38

Anonymous
    Inactive

1Timothy 3:16!!!! im waiting ou your answer!

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 11 2009,19:35)

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 11 2009,14:21)
    nick, and thinker;  the term “right hand of God” you need to read the post on page 24 and the post on 25,26 on the trinity.

kat,
    I read the post and agree with most of it. One point is that in the Old testament God was the Husband and Israel was the wife. In the new testament Christ is the Husband and the Church is the wife. Just as Israel's husband was her God so the Church's Husband is her God.

Therefore, Christ as Husband is God to His Church.

thinker

Hi Jack

That is a very good point!

To be married to any other than God is Idolatry!

Blessings Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Then why do you espouse several gods?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 13 2009,06:32)
    Nick!! whats this scripture mean? I'll wait for a response-1 Timothy 3:16 and without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; GOD was manifest in the flesh,justified in the spirit,seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles,believed on in the world, received up in glory!!

kat,
    God's becoming flesh is “without controversy” just as Paul said. But Nick likes to make controversy. He never answers questions so don't hold your breath.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Speculations like trinity are fair game.
    Scripture is truth.[jn17]

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 13 2009,05:30)

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 13 2009,00:38)

CatholicApologist,Sep. wrote:

[quote=princess of the king,Sep. 12 2009,18:53]

did take notice your last statement had no scripture attached, reason being ah that's right there isn,t one…….

it is a new day  let us rejoice in it

Where's the Scripture verse that says everything we believe has to be spelled out in Scripture (Sola Scriptura).  Umm….THERE ISN'T ONE!

Hypocrite!

tisk, tisk CA, temper do we have………what's a matter the rosary sputtering.

lev 26.1
    do not make idols for yourselves, and do not set up carved image or a pillar for yourselves, and do not place a stone image in your land, to bow down to it, For I am your Elohim.

and the rest of men, who were not killed in these plagues, neither did reform from the works of their hands, that they may not bow before the demons, and idols, those of gold, and those of silver, and those of brass, and those of stone, and those of wood, that are neither able to see, nor to hear, nor to walk, yea they did not reform from their murders, nor from their sorceries, nor from their whoredoms, nor from their thefts.
    rev 9.20-21

the brass and silver ones are the hardest to break, believe it or not they will melt them down, wood burns nice, stone is much easier good for the driveway, ceramic cannot even recycle them, what a waste.

kol tuv

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 13 2009,12:25)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 13 2009,05:30)

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 13 2009,00:38)

CatholicApologist,Sep. wrote:

[quote=princess of the king,Sep. 12 2009,18:53]

did take notice your last statement had no scripture attached, reason being ah that's right there isn,t one…….

it is a new day  let us rejoice in it

Where's the Scripture verse that says everything we believe has to be spelled out in Scripture (Sola Scriptura).  Umm….THERE ISN'T ONE!

Hypocrite!

tisk, tisk CA, temper do we have………what's a matter the rosary sputtering.

lev 26.1
    do not make idols for yourselves, and do not set up carved image or a pillar for yourselves, and do not place a stone image in your land, to bow down to it, For I am your Elohim.

and the rest of men, who were not killed in these plagues, neither did reform from the works of their hands, that they may not bow before the demons, and idols, those of gold, and those of silver, and those of brass, and those of stone, and those of wood, that are neither able to see, nor to hear, nor to walk, yea they did not reform from their murders, nor from their sorceries, nor from their whoredoms, nor from their thefts.
    rev 9.20-21

the brass and silver ones are the hardest to break, believe it or not they will melt them down, wood burns nice, stone is much easier good for the driveway, ceramic cannot even recycle them, what a waste.

kol tuv

You like to change the subject when you can't answer a question. Amen to not worshipping idols. Duh. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

So I'm patiently waiting for you to show me that Scripture that supports the claim that Scripture is the ONLY authoritative rule for Christian faith and practice.

Waiting…let's see if you can answer a direct question

you don't sound patient………tea, having a cup right now lemon and sugar…….china…..no interest in visiting, mrs. s found a recipe for me, sweet and sour chicken though, it is on the dinner menu this week.

oh, that wasn't the question duh………kinda like you not bowing down to idols.

Scripture that supports the claim that Scripture is the ONLY authoritative rule for Christian faith and practice.

well, strike practice, just another word for tradition.

rule of faith:
    Christ answered –`The first of all the commands is , Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one; and thou shalt love the Lord thy God out of all thy heart, and out of thy soul, and out of all thine understanding, and out of all thy strength–this is the first command; and the second is like it , this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; –greater than these there is no other command.' mat/mark/luke

good enough for you CA, or do you need some more, let me know.

Quote (princess of the king @ Sep. 13 2009,14:37)
    good enough for you CA, or do you need some more, let me know.

I don't think you are quite getting what I'm asking for. Let's try again.

You say, “show me in Scripture”. This is your litmus test to find truth. I'm calling your litmus test into question.

1. How do you know what books are supposed to be in the Bible? Where did you get the canon you now have?

2. Who says the Bible is the only authoritative rule for what we believe and what we do based upon those beliefs? You quoted a Bible verse. But you have to first establish that this is the only authority for your life.

3. Big one here. The Bible NEEDS to be interpreted. Who says each of us is on his/her own to interpret the Bible as we all see fit. This is a recipe for chaos and anarchy. You have to look no further than this forum to see what I'm saying.

There you go…1,2,3

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So you have no real test for truth if you have abandoned scripture.
    Your masters have changed their minds about almost everything except the claim that they must decide that for you.
    You have magnificent faith in human nature if you would leave the salvation of your soul in the hands of those you would not leave to look after your kids.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 12 2009,04:59)
    Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he “called God his Father, making himself equal with God.”

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am”—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—”I Am” (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. “So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple” (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, “My Lord and my God!” (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, “The Lord of me and the God of me!”)

1) If you are equal to God it means you are like God and therefore that makes you NOT God.

2) The I Am statement in the gospels being used to equate Jesus as the “I Am” in the Old Testament is a desperate attempt at trying to prove Jesus as God Almighty.

I am” is a translation from Greek words “ego eimi”. Is the mere utterance of “ego eimi” a blasphemy? Does the use of “ego eimi” automatically identify the speaker as Yahweh, the I AM? In Luke 1:19, the angel Gabriel said, “Ego eimi Gabriel.” In John 9:9, the blind man whose sight was restored by Jesus said, “Ego eimi.” In Acts 10:21, Peter said, “Behold, ego eimi (I am) he whom ye seek.” Obviously, the mere use of “ego eimi” does not equate one to the “I Am” of Exodus 3:14.

Jesus used the phrase “ego eimi” at least twenty times and yet, in only one instance did the Jews seek to stone him (John 8:58). Jesus said, “I am the bread of life” to a large crowd, in John.6:35-48, yet no one opposed him. In verse 41, the Jews murmured because he said, “I am (ego eimi) the bread which came down from heaven.” But in verse 42, the Jews questioned only the phrase, “I came down from heaven” and ignored “ego eimi.” The same is true of verses 51 & 52.

In todays language, we all use the words “I am”. Here is an example of the words “I am” in every day language.

Q: Are you Peter?
    A: I am.

Conclusion: If I am Peter then am I blaspheming when I say I am. I am not saying I am YHWH. I am saying that I am Peter. I am simply answering the question asked of me. This behaviour is very normal and common as you can see. In fact this paragraph alone contains 7 instances of the term 'I am'. Yet who in their right mind would think that I was claiming to be God?

3) The adoring exclamation of St. Thomas “my Lord and my God” (Joh. xx. 28) is still not quite the same as an address to Christ as being without qualification [limitation] God, and it must be balanced by the words of the risen Christ himself to Mary Magdalene (verse. 17) “Go unto my brethren and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.” In addition to this, Thomas quite simply could have said My Lord as referring to Christ and my God as to his father as he did say “and”. Or he could have referred to the Father only. “My LORD and God” in response to the miracle of his son.

Anyone can create a doctrine by isolating a few verses and then applying any given context. But a man who has truth in his heart will not ignore the overwhelming message in scripture, that YHWH has a son who is the Christ and his name is Jesus and it is through the name of his son that we can be united with God. As it is written: there is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

rule of faith- Bible says you do not need another teacher. When you invite Jesus into your heart and receive the Holy Spirit, it will guide and teach you. The truth and understanding will come to you. You cannot deny a book that can tell you whats going to happen in the world,and has happened, whats going on now and how it will end. You can follow in the bible and see it in the world today.everything is being fulfilled! God Bless!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,16:05)
    Hi CA,
    So you have no real test for truth if you have abandoned scripture.
    Your masters have changed their minds about almost everything except the claim that they must decide that for you.
    You have magnificent faith in human nature if you would leave the salvation of your soul in the hands of those you would not leave to look after your kids.

Nick……….Amen, Amen to that POST.

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

t8 said:

If you are equal to God it means you are like God and therefore that makes you NOT God.

Gobbledygook :p

t8:

The I Am statement in the gospels being used to equate Jesus as the “I Am” in the Old Testament is a desperate attempt at trying to prove Jesus as God Almighty.

The “I Am” in the old testament said He was the King of Israel (Isaiah 44:6). Jesus said “I Am” and after that rode into Jeruslaem as the King of Israel.

You know that trinitarianism is not based on Jesus' “I Am” statement alone.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God was in him and spoke through him.
    Trinity is based on nothing taught in scripture.
    But closet catholics will defend their dogmas eternally.

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 14 2009,00:03)
    rule of faith- Bible says you do not need another teacher. When you invite Jesus into your heart and receive the Holy Spirit, it will guide and teach you. The truth and understanding will come to you. You cannot deny a book that can tell you whats going to happen in the world,and has happened, whats going on now and how it will end. You can follow in the bible and see it in the world today.everything is being fulfilled! God Bless!

Bible says you do not need another teacher.

So the Bible says you don't need the Bible, just the Holy Spirit talking to you personally?

When you invite Jesus into your heart

Where do you find “invite Jesus into your heart” in the apostolic message?

and receive the Holy Spirit, it will guide and teach you.

So you believe the Bible AND the Church are irrelevant.

The truth and understanding will come to you.

So just straight from the sky, eh?

You cannot deny a book that can tell you whats going to happen in the world,and has happened, whats going on now and how it will end.

I don't deny it. You deny it.

We are the ones who wrote it, love it, have preserved it, and interpret it. It is a part of the Sacred deposit of faith.

Please show me the Scripture verse that says that the Bible is the ONLY rule of faith. You can't. Such a statement is a self-refuting proposition.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account