Is jesus god the angel??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,12:58)

Quote (Baker @ April 17 2011,09:45)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ April 17 2011,14:58)

Quote (Baker @ April 17 2011,00:15)
    T8 I think that there were at least three Archangels called Cherub, in the Bible, at one time.  Gabriel, Michael and Lucifer who became Satan.

Eze 28:14   Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  

Luk 1:19   And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.  

Exd 25:19   And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: [even] of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.  

Exd 25:20   And the cherubims shall stretch forth [their] wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces [shall look] one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims  

Peace and love Irene

Unless I see the phrase Gabriel the Archangel etc, I can't believe Seraph's and Cherubs are Archangels. I also know I contradict myself by saying that since that phrase is never used for Jesus as well.

Anyway proof texts below; lesser God titles for Jesus.

Angel

14 And what was a trial to YOU in my flesh, YOU did not treat with contempt or spit at in disgust; but YOU received me like an angel of God, like Christ Jesus. (Galatians 4:14)

Prophet

” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·rene′, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people;
    (Luke 24:19)

PRINCE

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.(Isaiah 9:6)

@Lightenup: Elohim means plurality in person instead of majesty, are Judges and false gods plural in person?

To all!
    Gal 4:14   And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, [even] as Christ Jesus.  

This Scripture is very interesting.  I asked my Husband, Georg is Jesus an Angel?  He asked:” Was He a Spirit Being?  Yes, :Are the Angels Spirit Beings? Yes, so now look at that scripture and tell me, is He an Angel or not?  
    I believe after reading that scripture and my Husband interpretation on  Spirit Beings, I say also, Yes Jesus was an Angel of God.   The closest kind to God.  The Firstborn of all creation.  The only begotten of the Father. NOW…Seated at the right hand of Almighty God… No more to die, He now has immortality….
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    Ask Georg if God is a spirit being, ok?

Thanks,
    Kathi

Here Irene,
    This has you quoting Georg about if Jesus is a spirit being then He is an angel.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,22:00)
    Irene,
    I asked you that because Georg said that if Jesus is a spirit being, then He is an angel…so if God is a spirit being wouldn't that make Him an angel according to that reasoning?

Whose message did God ever deliver? And no, delivering your own words to someone does not mean you are your own “messenger”. ??? Messenger implies “sent by someone else with THEIR message to deliver”.

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 17 2011,23:03)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 17 2011,21:52)

We know that God is not an Angel, but he is a Spirit, the unseen.

The ONLY reason God is not an angel is because God never delivered anyone else's message for them.

Other than that, “aggelos” simply means “messenger”.  It is we in English who distinguish heavenly messengers as “angels” and earthly messengers as “messengers”.  For the Greeks and the Hebrews, it was only ONE word used for either.

So if Jesus is not God, and not an Angel, than what the heck is He?

I've already answered your question D.  I said “I don't know”, remember?  Why don't YOU tell me?  But keep in mind two things:

1.  I never said Jesus WASN'T an angel, so don't claim that I've “acknowledged” this.  He is most DEFINITELY a heavenly spiritual angel, because he is a spirit being who delivers messages from his God to others.

2.  God is HIGHER than whatever Jesus is.  So if you MUST classify Jesus outside the “other angels”, then make sure he falls into a category all his own, for it is scripturally CLEAR that he is under his own God – who just happens to be the same as our God.

mike

Mike,
    I think that the confusion comes from labeling all messengers as angels. If you just label those in the group of angel beings as angels, and those outside the group of angel beings as messengers, you could get more to the 'crux of the matter.'

Kathi

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2011,15:04)

T8 I think that there were at least three Archangels called Cherub, in the Bible, at one time.  Gabriel, Michael and Lucifer who became Satan.

Eze 28:14   Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  

Luk 1:19   And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.  

Exd 25:19   And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: [even] of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.  

Exd 25:20   And the cherubims shall stretch forth [their] wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces [shall look] one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims  

Peace and love Irene

Unless I see the phrase Gabriel the Archangel etc, I can't believe Seraph's and Cherubs are Archangels. I also know I contradict myself by saying that since that phrase is never used for Jesus as well.

Angel

14 And what was a trial to YOU in my flesh, YOU did not treat with contempt or spit at in disgust; but YOU received me like an angel of God, like Christ Jesus. (Galatians 4:14)

Prophet

” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·rene′, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people;

PRINCE

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.(Isaiah 9:6)

@Lightenup: Elohim means plurality in person instead of majesty, are Judges and false gods plural in person?

To all!
    Gal 4:14   And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, [even] as Christ Jesus.  

This Scripture is very interesting.  I asked my Husband, Georg is Jesus an Angel?  He asked:” Was He a Spirit Being?  Yes, :Are the Angels Spirit Beings? Yes, so now look at that scripture and tell me, is He an Angel or not?  
    I believe after reading that scripture and my Husband interpretation on  Spirit Beings, I say also, Yes Jesus was an Angel of God.   The closest kind to God.  The Firstborn of all creation.  The only begotten of the Father. NOW…Seated at the right hand of Almighty God… No more to die, He now has immortality….
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Thanks,
    Kathi

Here Irene,
    This has you quoting Georg about if Jesus is a spirit being then He is an angel.

Kathi

Kathy! So, we were talking about Jesus. Then you asked me if I asked Georg if God is a Spirit Being…. Or do you mean Jesus when you say God???? Because I thought you meant Almighty God….Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2011,22:08)

The ONLY reason God is not an angel is because God never delivered anyone else's message for them.

Other than that, “aggelos” simply means “messenger”.  It is we in English who distinguish heavenly messengers as “angels” and earthly messengers as “messengers”.  For the Greeks and the Hebrews, it was only ONE word used for either.

I've already answered your question D.  I said “I don't know”, remember?  Why don't YOU tell me?  But keep in mind two things:

1.  I never said Jesus WASN'T an angel, so don't claim that I've “acknowledged” this.  He is most DEFINITELY a heavenly spiritual angel, because he is a spirit being who delivers messages from his God to others.

2.  God is HIGHER than whatever Jesus is.  So if you MUST classify Jesus outside the “other angels”, then make sure he falls into a category all his own, for it is scripturally CLEAR that he is under his own God – who just happens to be the same as our God.

mike

Mike,
    I think that the confusion comes from labeling all messengers as angels.  If you just label those in the group of angel beings as angels, and those outside the group of angel beings as messengers, you could get more to the 'crux of the matter.'

Kathi

Kathi

do you know anyone outside the group called angels that are used to be messengers (from God)?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 17 2011,23:07)

Irene,
    I asked you that because Georg said that if Jesus is a spirit being, then He is an angel…so if God is a spirit being wouldn't that make Him an angel according to that reasoning?

Whose message did God ever deliver?  And no, delivering your own words to someone does not mean you are your own “messenger”.  ???  Messenger implies “sent by someone else with THEIR message to deliver”.

mike

Mike,

26“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Here you can clearly see that the Holy Spirit is sent to teach and bring remembrance of all that Christ said which were the Father's words…right? So is the Holy Spirit an angel because you can see that He is sent to bring a message.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 17 2011,23:12)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2011,22:08)

mike

Mike,
    I think that the confusion comes from labeling all messengers as angels.  If you just label those in the group of angel beings as angels, and those outside the group of angel beings as messengers, you could get more to the 'crux of the matter.'

Kathi

Kathi

do you know anyone outside the group called angels that are used to be messengers (from God)?

Pierre

Pierre,
    Yes, Jesus, prophets, teachers, the Holy Spirit.

Kathi

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

But we know that Angels were created by God??
    and we are not talking about “messengers” but these beings that the NT writers are reffering too.

So Why can God not be an Angel now?

cool, than i will take that answer.
    I already told you I believe that Jesus is God, but i can discuss that in the other thread.

1. again im not talking about messengers, but what IS he.
    2. we are already dicussing this on the other thread.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ April 17 2011,23:11)

Peace and love Irene

Angel

Prophet

PRINCE

To all!

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Thanks,
    Kathi

Here Irene,

Kathi

Kathy!  So, we were talking about Jesus.  Then you asked me if I asked Georg if God is a Spirit Being…. Or do you mean Jesus when you say God???? Because I thought you meant Almighty God….Irene

Irene,
    I meant the Father, is the Father a spirit being? And I believe your answer is 'yes.'

So, let's play 'ask Georg another question,' ok?

Ask Georg:
    If the Father is a spirit being, and the Son is a spirit being, and the angels are spirit beings…why would the Son be an angel just because He is a spirit being if the Father is not an angel and He is a spirit being?

Kathi

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ April 18 2011,09:03)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 18 2011,14:58)

Quote (Baker @ April 18 2011,08:49)
    Kathy!  Funny, is God Spirit?  No…. As far as Jesus is concerned, I do believe He was an Angel. Above all Angels.    IMO He volunteered to die for us.  Now He is  seated at the right hand of Almighty God.  Has immortality and will not die again.  Nobody has received eternal life yet, except Jesus.  He is the firstborn iof all creation, and the firstborn of the death.  So He may have preeminence….
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene!

What!!! are you nuts??
    Jesus says in John 17 we receive Eternal life, he never says we receive it later.
    we receive that now!

No where does it say that Jesus magically told God “Yo Father, ill put down my life”
    Thats not in scripture.

Jesus saved people here on earth, and even the guy who died right beside him on the cross!

No where does it say that we dont receive eternal life now.
    IF you know Jesus (and he must know you), and you are saved, than you have eternal life.

Dear Brother! In my opinion IMO, not according to Scripture.  I am not nuts.  Oh, you have received eternal life and what are you a Spirit Being????
    Now are you nuts?  Irene

Lol Irene,
    Sorry i was shocked by your answer.
    Define Eternal life.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2011,08:05)
    Good post Dennison-son!

I want to add that if Gal 4:14 is saying that Jesus is an angel of God,

and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise or loathe, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus Himself.

then this passage:

shows that God is a man, according to the same logic that Mike uses to say that Gal 4:14 is saying that Jesus is an angel.

Kathi

Hello Hi Kathi,

Finally hitting the crux of the matter I see!

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello Hi to you too Dennison,
    Yes finally that ol' 'crux of the matter' thing. :)

Are you ever going to feel well enough to answer my questions on the freak greek thread?

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,22:08)
    Mike,
    I think that the confusion comes from labeling all messengers as angels. If you just label those in the group of angel beings as angels, and those outside the group of angel beings as messengers, you could get more to the 'crux of the matter.'

Kathi

Kathi,

What part of “there was only ONE word in the Hebrew and Greek” don't you get? :)

You are going into overdrive to distinguish between the TWO words WE use, when there was only ONE in the original languages.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 18 2011,09:25)
    Hello Hi to you too Dennison,
    Yes finally that ol' 'crux of the matter' thing. :)

Are you ever going to feel well enough to answer my questions on the freak greek thread?

Kathi

Hey Kathi,

Yes I knew i was forgetting something haha.
    Ill get to it today.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,22:13)

Irene,

Whose message did God ever deliver?  And no, delivering your own words to someone does not mean you are your own “messenger”.  ???  Messenger implies “sent by someone else with THEIR message to deliver”.

mike

Mike,

26“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Here you can clearly see that the Holy Spirit is sent to teach and bring remembrance of all that Christ said which were the Father's words…right?  So is the Holy Spirit an angel because you can see that He is sent to bring a message.

Kathi,

This is more unnecessary “muddying” of the waters. Is the Holy Spirit ever called “aggelos” in scripture?

And this doesn't even address the point of my post in the first place. WHAT MESSAGE OF SOMEONE ELSE DID GOD EVER DELIVER FOR THEM?

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 17 2011,23:25)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,22:08)
    Mike,

Kathi

Kathi,

What part of “there was only ONE word in the Hebrew and Greek” don't you get?  :)

You are going into overdrive to distinguish between the TWO words WE use, when there was only ONE in the original languages.

mike

Mike,

Would you mind clarifying what that one word was in the original languages and what are all the definitions of that one word you are talking about.

And what about the Holy Spirit who was sent from God to teach us about Him? Do you consider the Holy Spirit an angel since He is a messenger SENT by God to deliver a teaching?

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 17 2011,23:28)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,22:13)

Irene,

mike

Mike,

Here you can clearly see that the Holy Spirit is sent to teach and bring remembrance of all that Christ said which were the Father's words…right?  So is the Holy Spirit an angel because you can see that He is sent to bring a message.

Kathi,

This is more unnecessary “muddying” of the waters.  Is the Holy Spirit ever called “aggelos” in scripture?

And this doesn't even address the point of my post in the first place.  WHAT MESSAGE OF SOMEONE ELSE DID GOD EVER DELIVER FOR THEM?

mike

Mike,
    God delivers messages from other people. When people pray for God to please let a Christian call them, for example, and very soon someone calls and says that they felt led to call then you know that God delivered the message. God was the messenger.

This happened to my Mom not too long ago.

Kathi

Baker
    Participant

SF Eternal life is that we life for all eternity. After the Millennium and the White Throne Judgment, Almighty God will come down to Earth with the New Jerusalem. Ezekiel talks about the New Jerusalem…. There will be no more pain, no more tears, no more sickness, all will live in peace and harmony. The Lamb will peacefully dwell with the Lion, the Leopard will lie down with the kid. The Wolf and the Bear will no longer be wild, and a Child will lead them by the hand. Little child it won't be long now….A wonderful Song tells us so….And so does the Bible mostly in Revelation and Ezekiel…
    Peace and Love Irene
    PS I am forever looking forward to those days…

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 17 2011,23:19)

Quote (Baker @ April 17 2011,23:11)

Peace and love Irene

Angel

Prophet

PRINCE

To all!

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Thanks,
    Kathi

Here Irene,

Kathi

Kathy!  So, we were talking about Jesus.  Then you asked me if I asked Georg if God is a Spirit Being…. Or do you mean Jesus when you say God???? Because I thought you meant Almighty God….Irene

Irene,
    I meant the Father, is the Father a spirit being? And I believe your answer is 'yes.'  

So, let's play 'ask Georg another question,' ok?

Ask Georg:
    If the Father is a spirit being, and the Son is a spirit being, and the angels are spirit beings…why would the Son be an angel just because He is a spirit being if the Father is not an angel and He is a spirit being?

Kathi

Irene,
    Did you see this new question for Georg?

Kathi

Baker
    Participant

Kathy! I will ask georg in the morning….Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account