Is it wrong for women to be preachers yes or no?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Timothy said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that we are under the old covenent, the point is that neither was Paul
    when he said what he said.

Timothy,
    The old covenant was still in effect when Paul said what he said. According to 2 Corinthians 3 God's people had not yet been transformed from the image of Moses (the letter of the law) to the image of Christ (the spirit of the law). Therefore, they were still under the old covenant when Paul said what he said.

Under the law a wife was bound by the law to her husband for as long as her husband was alive. Not until he died was she free to marry another man. But the husband was not bound by that law. He could divorce his wife for adultery. He didn't have to wait for her to die to be free to marry another woman. The law said that a woman had to keep silent in the church. And the law said that she could not marry another man while her husband was alive. Yet we make an exception for her if her husband commits adultery. But such an exception was not allowed in the law. For as long as her husband was alive she could not marry another man regardless of his sin. If we cancel one jot and tittle from the law then we can cancel all of it.

thinker

think again,

read shepherd of hermes
    fourth commandment
    it will surprise you a bit, let me know what you think

when all the fellows were so busy cannonizing scriptures, they like some took things to the physical and not the spiritual, for example in the gospel of thomas, it was not 'put in' due to this verse:

christ says:

I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males, for every women who will make herself male will enter into the kingdom.

now, we know it is spiritual, then they took it as a physical.

for women preaching, not all into it, i personally like the one on one time with others.

much love

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 21 2009,05:36)
    Hi thethinker,
    I don't think anyone is arguing that we are under the old covenent, the point is that neither was Paul
    when he said what he said.

Tim

my point exactly

the law has never been taken away, or it would not be written in your heart and mind.

much love.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (wild_olive_branch @ Feb. 21 2009,07:59)
    the law has never been taken away, or it would not be written in your heart and mind.

much love.

Then a woman cannot divorce or re-marry until her husband is dead though he is abusive and adultreous. But a man can divorce the woman while she is still alive.

Does this sound like new covenant justice to you?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Are we equipped to judge the sacred Word of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    We cannot alter the Law.
    But the Lord of the sabbath was given ALL authority.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2009,11:07)
    Hi tt,
    We cannot alter the Law.
    But the Lord of the sabbath was given ALL authority.

But we do in fact “alter” the law when we say that a woman may divorce her husband before he is dead. The old covenant law has been abolished in its entirety. Therefore, women have the same rights to divorce as their husbands and they also may preach.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Your reliance on THEREFORE continues.
    It is better to let scripture interpret scripture rather than human logic.

We were never under the Law.[rom2-3]
    And the Law has not been abolished at all.

Matthew 5:18
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

think, again,

you and i are the same, in any regards…… you a man (if you are) cannot remarry either, even if she is abusive or an adultress.

the only scripture i am coming across is that young widows may remarry, bear children, manage the house, giving no occasion to the adversary for reviling 1tim 5

there is also scripture that states somewhere, an believing spouse can bring an unbelieving spouse to Christ, at this time i cannot search for it, but i am sure someone will know the verse and book.

what is this new covenant justice you speak of ? i.e. what is good for the goose is good for the gander? please expand your thought process.

much love.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….You said we were never under the law, then you say the law was never done away with. Please explain, this is why i wanted to start a thread on (LAW). we can bring out a lot of this stuff. I think it is confusing to a lot of people, because of translation errors.

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Rom3
    “19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. “

Rom2
    ” 14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: “

Rom2
    “12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; “

Luke 16:17
    But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

Mt5
    18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Galatians 5:3
    And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

James 2:10
    For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (wild_olive_branch @ Feb. 21 2009,12:56)
    think, again,

you and i are the same, in any regards…… you a man (if you are) cannot remarry either, even if she is abusive or an adultress.  

the only scripture i am coming across is that young widows may remarry, bear children, manage the house, giving no occasion to the adversary for reviling 1tim 5

there is also scripture that states somewhere, an believing spouse can bring an unbelieving spouse to Christ, at this time i cannot search for it, but i am sure someone will know the verse and book.

what is this new covenant justice you speak of ?  i.e. what is good for the goose is good for the gander? please expand your thought process.

much love.

wob,
    I am not following you. Sorry. You agree that widows may remarry which is what I have said. This was old covenant. But a man did not have to wait for his wife to die to divorce and remarry. He could divorce her for adultery. Men and women were not equal under the law.

But under God's new covenant men and women are equal in all things. Now the woman may divorce and remarry if her husband commits adultery and she may also preach. Men and women are equal under the new covenant.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 21 2009,17:32)
    Nick…….You said we were never under the law, then you say the law was never done away with. Please explain, this is why i wanted to start a thread on (LAW). we can bring out a lot of this stuff. I think it is confusing to a lot of people, because of translation errors.

peace and love………………gene

Gene,
    When are you going to start the thread?

The law has been made a confusing issue because people fail to  understand that it was phased out gradually. Nick is right that “we” were never under the law. But the saints Paul wrote to were under the law and they were being led out of the Mosaic codes gradually. The destruction of Jerusalem and of the temple in AD70 was the sign that Moses had been completely done away. Therefore, Nick is wrong when he says that the law was never done away. Nick's position is blatantly contradictory.

thinker

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account