Was the Islam Caliphate the seventh kingdom?

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 650 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

The answer is what the Lord Jesus gave us in Luke about his return and it has nothing to do with any religion on this earth, it has to do with a system of rule called the Babyloian kingdoms as described in the Book of Daniel. Had you understood  what  Daniel says and Rev 7 says you would know that. There are only seven kingdoms of Babylon , Five were fallen, one is, and one is to come at the point of time John was speaking from. The key is to understand the one that “IS”, that is referencing the Sixth, the kingdom of Jesus and the Saint’s, they are the Sixth Kingdom on this earth.  And at the end of that kingdom the seventh kingdom of Babylon  (the deadly wound that was heald) will rise in this earth,  and when Satan is released from the bottomless pit he shall  join as the eight beast. As Satan was the underbelly of all the previous “Babyloian kingdoms” before the Sixth kingdom of Jesus and the Saint’s he shall be the same with the last Babyloian kingdom to rise on this earth.

If you want to know about what happens at the return of Jesus , read Luke 21: 25-28,  it is a Celestial event that takes the whole world by suprise.

Luke 21: 25-28……And there shall be signs in the sun and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity  (not knowing what to do), the sea and waves roaring;  Men’s hearts failing them (heart attacks )  for the fear, and for looking after those things which are comming on the earth : for the powers of heaven (the gravitional pulls between the planets) shall be shaken.  27, And then shall the see the Son of Man comming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28.. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws nigh. 

There it is clearly written for all who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

This earth will wobble causing Hugh tussmies , could be as high as 300 feet or more, most all coats lines will most likely be wiped out, it may even kill millions if not billions of people. Because most people in this world live around coastal areas. Jesus’ comming  will be a Hugh Celestrial event. Most all the stuff you read about taking place before Jesus’ return and end time prophesy is wrong. The return of Jesus is not about religions of this world, it’s about World rulling Government, even through it will effect religions in this world.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

The answer is what the Lord Jesus gave us in Luke about his return and it has nothing to do with any religion on this earth, it has to do with a system of rule called the Babyloian kingdoms as described in the Book of Daniel.

Your opening sentence is riddled with error. First off, people will worship the beast and the dragon. Secondly, Islam is the religion of the Caliphate which is the empire. It encompasses its own law called Sharia.

Do not be deceived. Islam is more than a religion. Their end game is to rule you and your country. And if they are true to their book, they will decapitate anyone who holds onto the true God and his son, Jesus Christ.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Five were fallen, one is, and one is to come at the point of time John was speaking from. The key is to understand the one that “IS” that is referencing the Sixth, the kingdom of Jesus and the Saint’s, they are the Sixth Kingdom on this earth

Another error as it was Rome. It wasn’t the Kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God is the stone that strikes the statue and not the statue itself. The saints kingdom is not part of the statue or the beast that rose out of the sea.

Come on Gene. Your end time eschatology is terrible.

If I read any more of that post I will spend my evening correcting you.

If Jodi reads that post she will be very disappointed in you. lol.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Berean. Where are you. At least you are more sensible in your conclusions.

What was your answer about Rome trampling the whole Earth?

Rome never trampled China or South America.

Please explain how this fits into your view.

Berean
    Participant

Antichrist:
    Denying Jesus Christ is Come in the Flesh

There are only 4 verses in scripture that actually use the word Antichrist:

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
    1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
    2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
    2 John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
    I would like to focus initially on the last two passages, that give a special identifiable characteristic of Antichrist. Clearly, the spirit of Antichrist denies the incarnation of  Jesus Christ in the flesh. This seems initially to be fairly straightforward, but actually involves a subtlety that requires study and understanding to perceive the deception spoken of in 2 John 1:7. So, just what does “flesh” mean in those verses?

Defining The “Flesh”

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
    Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
    Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1 Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
    1 Cor 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
    1 Cor 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
    Clearly, “flesh” can be interpreted as synonymous with being a sinner, or “carnal”, which is defined as lacking the Holy Spirit. Adam and Eve when they were created were in perfect harmony with God, and had a spiritual nature. When they sinned, they lost this spiritual nature, and became carnal sinners. Ever since the fall, the children of Adam and Eve and their descendents are born carnal, lacking the spiritual nature forfeited in the garden. So when John says that Christ is “come in the flesh”, he is actually saying that Christ was born by a sinner that had a carnal nature.

Note what the following says about being carnal:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
    Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
    Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    To be carnal is to be sold under sin. So Jesus Christ had to born of a sinner to “come in the flesh”:

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
    Rom 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. …
    Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
    Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
    Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
    All Have Sinned – Except Jesus Christ The Son Of God

So Christ was born of a sinner, Mary, a descendant of Adam and Eve, and Abraham, and David, who herself needed redemption from sin, and this is something that she herself clearly recognized:

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
    Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
    Mary is no exception. As a sinner, she like the rest of us also needed a Saviour.

1 Ki 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) …

2 Chr 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) …

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Eccl 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Christ could only inherit the fallen nature of the children of Adam and Eve from his mother, because she was a sinner, yet scripture tells us that Christ was NOT a sinner, and never sinned:

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
    Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
    2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
    The Last Adam (Jesus Christ) Was Made Spiritual

Born of a sinner with a carnal nature, Jesus Christ knew no sin. How is that possible? How was His birth different from the rest of us?

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    While Christ was indeed born of a sinner that lacked a spiritual nature, He was also born of the Holy Spirit:

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
    Though born of the flesh (of a sinner), scripture tells us that Jesus Christ had, before the incarnation, and from His conception, the spiritual nature that Adam and Eve had lost!

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
    1 Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first [Adam] which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that [last Adam] which is spiritual.
    1 Cor 15:47 The first man [Adam] is of the earth, earthy: the second man [Jesus Christ] is the Lord from heaven.
    So a prominent characteristic of Antichrist is a denial that Jesus Christ “came in the flesh”, which is to say a denial that He was born of a sinner (Mary), who herself could only pass on a carnal human nature.
    Roman Catholicism Dogmatically Decrees That Mary Was Sinless

Note the following papal decree:

We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.

Hence, if anyone shall dare — which God forbid! — to think otherwise than as has been defined by us, let him know and understand that he is condemned by his own judgment; that he has suffered shipwreck in the faith; that he has separated from the unity of the Church; and that, furthermore, by his own action he incurs the penalties established by law if he should dare to express in words or writing or by any other outward means the errors he think in his heart. …

Let all the children of the Catholic Church, who are so very dear to us, hear these words of ours. With a still more ardent zeal for piety, religion and love, let them continue to venerate, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin. Let them fly with utter confidence to this most sweet Mother of mercy and grace in all dangers, difficulties, needs, doubts and fears. Under her guidance, under her patronage, under her kindness and protection, nothing is to be feared; nothing is hopeless. …

Source:   Ineffabilis Deus, Apostolic Constitution of Pope Pius IX on the Immaculate Conception (December 8, 1854)
    The decree of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, that Mary was sinless from her conception in her mother’s womb, is considered to be an ex cathedra teaching, from Peter’s Chair, an infallible article of faith binding on all Roman Catholics. Shortly after the dogmatic declaration of Pius IX, an alleged apparition repeatedly appeared to a young girl, Bernadette Soubirous, at Lourdes, France. The apparition identified herself as the “Immaculate Conception.”  John warns us to try the spirits:

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
    1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
    The apparition at Lourdes fails the test, by claiming to be the “Immaculate Conception.” Catholics are also taught that Mary never sinned her entire life:

411 … Mary benefited first of all and uniquely from Christ’s victory over sin: she was preserved from all stain of original sin and by a special grace of God committed no sin of any kind during her whole earthly life.306

306 Cf. Pius IXs Ineffabilis Deus: DS 2803; Council of Trent: DS 1573 [  Sixth Session, Canon XXIII on Justification].

Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church, published by Ligouri Publications, English translation copyright 1994 by the United States Catholic Conference, Inc.–Libreria Editrice Vaticana, bearing the Imprimi Potest of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, page 104.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, online at the Vatican.
    Catholics also teach that Jesus Christ inherited His sinless immaculate nature from His mother Mary:

… I admit we [Catholics] speak glowingly of Mary (who doesn’t love and speak well of their mother?), but in this context I was being the prosaic, theological one. I wasn’t using poetic, superlative language about the Blessed Virgin. I was simply laying out the logic: Jesus was the sinless Son of God. He took his sinless human nature from his mother. For that human nature to be really human and really sinless its human source must have been uniquely pure. This seems to be a simple, logical, and modest claim.

Source:   Mary: A Catholic / Evangelical Debate, By Dwight Longenecker, David Gustafson, Gracewing Publishing, 2003, ISBN 0852445822, pg. 55.

… So much is Mary’s very being full of grace that this title [Immaculate Conception] serves to identify Mary in place of her own name. It is also true that no person with a fallen nature could possess a fullness of grace, a plentitude of grace, appropriate only for the woman who was to give God the Son an identical, immaculate human nature. Mary was conceived in providence to be the woman who would give her same immaculate nature to God when God became man. Certainly we can see the fittingness in God receiving a human nature from a human mother, and receiving an immaculate nature from a truly immaculate mother.

Source:   The Four Marian Dogmas, By Mark Miravalle, Mother of all Peoples web site, Friday, 06 January 2006, excerpted from Introduction to Mary: The Heart of Marian Doctrine and Devotion, Queenship Publishing, 1993, ISBN 1-882972-06-6, pg. 39.

… we affirm that the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, the Word of God, who in His divine nature is from all eternity begotten of the Father, consubstantial with Him, was in the fullness of time again begotten, by be born of the Virgin, thus taking to Himself, from her maternal womb, a human nature of the same substance with hers.

Source   The Faith Of Our Fathers by James Cardinal Gibbons, 38th edition, 1891 by John Murphy & Company, Baltimore, R. Washbourne, London, page 198.

The same quote of Cardinal Gibbons appears in   The Faith of Millions, by the Reverend John A. O’Brien, PH.D, copyright by John A. O’Brien 1938, published by Our Sunday Visitor, 1974, Huntington, Indiana, page 366.

Mary Declared The Mediatrix Of Salvation
    Where does this alleged sinless immaculate nature of Mary ultimately lead in Roman Catholic Church teaching?

969 … “Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation …. Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix.”510

510 Dogmatic Constitution On The Church,   Lumen Gentium, promulgated by Pope Paul VI, Nov. 21, 1964, section #62.

Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church, published by Ligouri Publications, English translation copyright 1994 by the United States Catholic Conference, Inc.–Libreria Editrice Vaticana, bearing the Imprimi Potest of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, page 252.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, online at the Vatican.
    See also:
    Salvation is obtained from… Mary?

Movement to declare Mary Co-redemptrix underway!

Worship of the Virgin Mary

Mary the Divine Mother and Omnipotent Intercessor?
    Mary has been elevated in Roman Catholic teaching to a Mediatrix of Salvation, interposing her between Christ and mankind, when scripture tells us there is but one mediator:

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb 8:6 But now hath he [Jesus] obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Taking The Place Of Christ On Earth

In addition, the Roman Catholic Church teaches that the Pope, titled Vicarius Christi (which is synonymous with the word Antichrist), takes the place of Jesus Christ on Earth:

… We [the pope] hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty, …

Source: Pope Leo XIII, Encyclical Letter   Praeclara Gratulationis Publicae (The Reunion of Christendom), dated June 20, 1894, trans. in The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII (New York: Benziger, 1903), paragraph 5, page 304.
    Another authentic papal title is Vicarius Filii Dei (Vicar of the Son of God), which equals 666 (Rev. 13:18) when the Roman numeral value of the letters are added up. It has a long documented history of use by the Roman Catholic Church, and was used most recently by Pope Paul VI in two Apostolic Constitutions, which are the highest form of official Papal decree in the Roman Catholic Church. For the details see:   666, The Number of the Beast.

Ask a Catholic a question about the Holy Father, and they will likely think you are talking about the Pope, yet this title is used only one time in all of scripture (John 17:11), and it refers not to any man, but to God the Father. The application of this title to anyone but God is a blasphemous antichrist usurpation.

It is also a papal teaching that not just the Pope, but every Catholic priest is, in fact, another Christ:

12. … Thus the priest, as is said with good reason, is indeed “another Christ”; for, in some way, he is himself a continuation of Christ. …

Source: Pope Pius XI, Encyclical Letter   AD CATHOLICI SACERDOTII (On the Catholic Priesthood), promulgated on 20 December 1935.
    Conclusion

By denying Mary was a sinner in need of a redeemer, Roman Catholicism denies Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, and this is the deceptive teaching and spirit of antichrist that John spoke of:

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    And by teaching that the Catholic priest is “another Christ” and that Mary is a Mediatrix, Advocate, and Co-redemptrix, placing her between God and mankind and dispenser of all grace, the Roman Catholic Church fits this characteristic identified by John:

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

The above article is offered in response to Hugo Mendez’s blog item The Papacy as “the Antichrist” where he asserts there is no biblical basis for applying the term antichrist to the papacy. It is also a rebuttal of HERESIES EXPOSED, Indictment #3 – Christ’s Humanity, at Bible Believers Resource Page.

See also:

The Catholic Origins of Futurism and Preterism
    What Does The Word VATICAN Mean?
    The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……please show us one “religious” world rulling kingdom  there is none, it’s you who haven’t a clue what you are talking about.

Rev 17:9….here is the mind that has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, (risings) on which the women sits. And there are seven kings: (G935 through the notion of a foundation of powers)  five are fallen one “IS” “this dates the time of this prophesy,   (which is the sixth kingdom, of Jesus christ and the Saint’s) , and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space. And when he come he must continue a short space (3 1/2 years) and the beast that was (Satan) and is not, even he is the eight, and is of the seven, and goes into Predition.

The reason Satan was not at the time of the prophesy was he was cast into the bottomless pit at the beginning of the Sixth kingdom of Jesus Christ and the Saints.  

T8,  you are simply another false prophet and haven’t a clue WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ON THIS SUBJECT.  Show me one place where what I have said is wrong.

It is people like you that are causing people to be taken by suprise at the return of Jesus. The return of Jesus is a “world ruling government” not a religious event taking place in a small part of this earth, it is completely spelled out in Luke 21:25-28.  The return of Jesus is a Celestial event effecting all people of the entire planet.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Pay attention Gene.

1. Antichrists deny the Father and the Son which is a major tenet of Islam. Here is a quote from the koran: “Far be it from God that he should have a son!”
    2. After Rome, a seventh empire would arise that would also birth an eighth. The Beast is said to receive a deadly wound and then come back to life. Are we seeing the rise of an Islamic Empire in our future? That is the question.
    3. Just as previous empires were conquered by the next Beast head, so history shows us that this Antichrist conquered Rome as well as the Middle East and much of Europe. The area around the Great Sea.
    4. The two legs of iron became mixed with clay at the feet. The word mixed in Arabic is “arab” because they are a mixed people. It is said they will not hold together, just as iron does not mix with fired clay. The Arabs took over the Roman Empire but did not mix or blend with the Romans.
    5. Pergamum is where Satan dwells according to Revelation, the location is Turkey, where the Roman Empire and Ottoman Empire had their capital.
    6. they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”

The word ‘worship’ has a number of associated meanings with one being ‘prostrate‘ which means ‘lying on the ground with one’s face downward’. A perfect description of those who worship Allah don’t you think? Also bear in mind that the heads of the Beast or kingdoms that have made up the Beast in history cover an area of the world that is predominantly Muslim. So the majority of the Biblical world today which is also where the Beast resides,  actually belongs to Islam. They deny outright that Jesus is the son of God which by biblical definition is how the Antichrist spirit reveals itself. They worship Allah five times a day and prostrate themselves before Allah.

Now I have never said that the Beast to come after the one that was had to be a religion. Where did I say that? What I said is when you analyse the Ottoman Empire it ticks all the boxes. They worship a God daily by prostrating themselves before the dragon and Beast and the God they worship has no son? Does Satan have a son? Does YHWH have a son? You get the idea.

Of course I know you will reject this because you want America to be the Beast. So what does that make Trump?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Luke 21:25-28.  The return of Jesus is a Celestial event effecting all people of the entire planet.

Another straw man argument. Never said that. Remember the commandment about bearing false witness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……you couldn’t be more wrong even if you tried.  All the seccessive kingdoms from Neburchnasser the first, to this present day were made up of humdreds of different religion.  And still are, we are talking about world rulling powers, not religions .  We are in the fifth world rulling KINGDOM MENTIONED IN Daniel, Just look at they way this world actually is, very powerful nations scattered around the complete world, mixed with different seed of men, just as Daniel said the fifth world kingdom would be. Like I said it is not about religion it’s about power militarily and government influences that dominate the whole world.

Go back and reread what I wrote about Rev 17 and how it fits the prophesy of Daniel.

Not following what you mentioned by a straw mans argument, I was simply quoting what the Lord Jesus said would happen at his return.

Peaceand love to you and yours. ………..gene.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……when Revelations 18, describes Babylon it describes it as a system of economics ruled by the buy and sell for Gain, this was existing when it began with Neburchnasser and that form of economic exists even today. GOD’S people are in it because you simply can’t live and prosper without being part of it.  This present system of the Babyloian System is based on the buy and sell for gain, not on Faith and trust in God for prosperity , it operates exactly as Rev 18 says.  It’s a corrupt form of usery mm which is causing all this world problems.

GOD TELLS US TO “COME OUT OF HER, SO WE WILL NOT RECEIVE OF HER PLEAGUES”.

This could also be the “mark of the beast”.  because it identifies what the beast system is. The mark “could” be how much we are participating in it. Notice it mentions our foreheads   “our minds where our thinking is”  and our hands “what we work with”. 

Peace and love to you and yours ……..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, you are not arguing against me but your own misunderstanding.

they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”

I am simply saying that they worship the dragon, we know who the dragon is, and he doesn’t have a son. Of course we know adherents to Islam worship a God that has no son because they believe the real God has no son.

If you can’t grasp that then you are not equipped to participate in this discussion. I would appreciate it if you could up your game rather than always erring in understanding. Best to remain silent if the latter because you are just wasting other people’s time.

Finally, I have found very little difference with your beliefs on Jesus with Islam’s view of Jesus. Just a man who was a prophet you both say.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…….so now you accuse me of being an Moslim? ,  that only goes to show how really ignorant yo u really are. LOL.  As far as Jesus being a Prophet goes,  “the LORD shall raise up unto you a prophet like  me, unto him shall you heed’. THOSE ARN’T (MY WORDS).

No one here is more of a false prophet here then you are T8,  you simply haven’t a clue what your talking about.  The antichrist is not about a single person, it’s a false teaching like what you teach about concerning the preexistence of Jesus.

What I have written about Rev 17,  is exactly right,  if you don’t timedate what John saw and wrote to the Sixth  kingdom of Jesus and the Saint’s,  you don’t have the wisdom mentioned just before it was given.  But if you understand it, then everything falls right into place.

He that has ears let him hear.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi

Day-year principle

The day-year principle, year-day principle or year-for-a-day principle is a method of interpretation of Bible prophecy in which the word day in prophecy is considered to be symbolic of a year of actual time. It is used principally by the historicist school of prophetic interpretation.[1] It is held by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Jehovah’s Witnesses, and the Christadelphians.[2] The day-year principle is also used by the Bahá’í Faith, as well as in astrological prediction techniques, otherwise known as “primary directions”.

Biblical basisEdit
    Proponents of the principle, such as the Seventh-day Adventists, claim that it has three primary precedents in Scripture:[3]

Numbers 14:34. The Israelites will wander for 40 years in the wilderness, one year for every day spent by the spies in Canaan.
    Ezekiel 4:5-6. The prophet Ezekiel is commanded to lie on his left side for 390 days, followed by his right side for 40 days, to symbolize the equivalent number of years of punishment on Israel and Judah respectively.
    Daniel 9:24-27. This is known as the Prophecy of Seventy Weeks. The majority of scholars do understand the passage to refer to 70 “sevens” or “septets” of years—that is, a total of 490 years.
    While not listed as primary precedent by the proponents, a direct reference to the day for a year concept is established in Genesis.

Genesis 29:27. Laban requires an additional seven years of work in contract for Rachels hand in marriage, calling it a week.
    Jon Paulien has defended the principle from a systematic theology perspective, not strictly just from the Bible.[4]

History

Christian historicist applicationEdit
    490 year prophecyEdit
    Daniel 9 contains the Prophecy of Seventy Weeks. Biblical Scholars have interpreted the 70 weeks vision in the Historistical methodology for nearly two millennia as illustrated in the following table.

List of Historicist Biblical Expositors who commented on the 70 weeks
    from the 3rd to 19th centuries
    List of Biblical Expositors of the Early Church Period: 100-457 AD[16]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    Tertullian
    c. 240
    From Persia
    To Christ
    70th week
    Clement of Alexandria
    c. 220
    To Advent

During
    Hippolytus
    d. 236
    490 yrs
    Separated

Sextus Julius Africanus
    c. 240
    490 yrs
    To Christ

Eusebius Pamphili
    c. 340
    490 yrs
    To Christ
    Midst
    Athanasius
    To Cross

Cyril of Jerusalem
    Wks. of Yrs.

Polychronis
    490 yrs
    7 yrs
    midst
    Jerome
    490 yrs

Theodoret
    490 yrs

Biblical Expositors of the Early Medieval Period: 400-1200 AD[17]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    Augustine
    d. 430
    to Cross

Sargis d’Aberga
    7th century
    69 wks to Christ

Venerable Bede
    d. 735
    457 solar yrs
    Bap. midst
    at end
    Saadia
    d. 942
    490 yrs from exile

Jehoram
    10th century
    Years

Yefet ben Ali
    10th century
    Sabbatical Yrs to Titus

Rashi
    d. 1105
    490 yrs

Abraham bar Hiyya
    d. 1136
    Wks of Sabbatical yrs.

Abraham ibn Ezra
    d. 1167
    490 yrs

Thomas Aquinas
    d. 1274
    475 Solar yrs

At End
    Arnold of Villanova
    Yrs to Christ
    Fall of Jerusalem

Pierre Jen d’Olivi
    d. 1298
    Wks. of Yrs.

Biblical Expositors of the Reformation Era: 1522-1614 AD[18]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    Martin Luther
    Yrs. (2d Darius)
    34-41 AD
    Begin
    Philipp Melanchthon
    Yrs. (2dn Artax.)

Midst
    Johann Funck
    457 BC – 34 AD
    to 34
    End
    Nikolaus Selnecker
    Yrs. (2d Artax)

Georg Nigrinus
    456 BC – 34 AD

End
    Johann Oecolampadius
    Years
    Long Period

Heinrich Bullinger
    457 BC to 34 AD
    to 34 AD
    End
    George Joye
    Cyrus, yrs

John Napier
    490 yrs

Biblical Expositors of the Post-Reformation Era—Europe: 1600-1800 AD[19]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    Joseph Mede
    417 BC – 74 AD

(33) AD
    Henry More
    490 yrs

John Tillinghast
    Ends 34 AD

34 AD
    William Sherwin
    490 yrs

Thomas Beverly
    Yrs to Christ

Johannes Cocceius
    490 yrs.

(33) AD
    Robert Fleming Jr.
    490 yrs.

Sir Isaac Newton
    457 BC – 34 AD

34 AD
    William Lowth
    Years

William Whiston
    445 BC – 32+ AD

33 AD
    Heinrich Horch
    490 yrs

Midst
    Berienberg Bible
    Yrs. to Christ

Midst
    Johann Al Bengal
    Yrs to Christ

Midst
    Johann Ph. Petri
    453 BC to 37 AD

Midst
    Hans Wood
    420 BC – 70 AD

Christian G. Thube
    – 37 AD

30 AD
    Biblical Expositors of the Post-Reformation Era—America: 1600-1800 AD[20]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    Eph. Huit
    490 yrs

Thomas Parker
    490 yrs

John Davenport
    Yrs to Christ

William Burnet
    490 yrs

Joshua Bellamy
    490 yrs

Aaron Burr
    490 yrs

Samuel Langdon
    490 yrs

Samuel Gatchet
    490 yrs

Samuel Osgood
    490 (Art.)

Biblical expositors of the 19th-century Advent Awakening: 1800-1845 AD[21]
    Name
    Date
    70 Weeks
    Last Week
    Cross
    William Hales

27/31/34 AD

George Stanley Faber
    458 BC –

Thomas Scott
    7th yr of Artax.

Adam Clarke
    7th yr of Artax.

W. C. Davis
    453 BC – 37 AD

Arch. Mason
    457 BC – 33 AD

Jno A. Brown
    457 BC – 34 AD

Jno. Bayford
    Years

Lewis Way
    Years

Henry Drummond
    To 1st Advent

John Fry
    457 BC – 33 AD

Thomas White
    457 BC – 33 AD

Edward Cooper
    457 BC – 33 AD

Thomas Keyworth
    457 BC – 33 AD

Alfred Addis
    457 BC – 33 AD

Jno. Hooper
    490 yrs

William W. Pym
    453 BC – 37 AD

Edward N. Hoare
    457 BC – 33 AD

William Digby
    457 Bc – 33 AD

Bp Dave Wilson
    453 BC – 37 AD

Alex Keith
    7th of Artax

Cross
    John Cog
    Years

Matt Habershon
    457 BC – 33 AD

Ed Bickersteih
    457 BC – 34 AD

Louis Gaussen
    457 BC – 34 AD

The vision of the 70 weeks is interpreted as dealing with the Jewish nation from about the middle of the 5th century BCE until not long after the death of Jesus in the 1st century CE and so is not concerned with current or future history. Historicists consider Antiochus Epiphanies irrelevant to the fulfillment of the prophecy.

Historicist interpretation of the Prophecy of Seventy Weeks was a that it foretells with great specificity information about Jesus as the Messiah, not some lowlevel official or antichrist figure.[22] Daniel 9:25 states that the ‘seventy weeks’ (generally interpreted as 490 years[23] according to the day-year principle) [24][25] is to begin “from the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem,” which is when the Persian king Artaxerxes I, gave the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to Ezra, so the 490 years point to the time of Christ’s anointing.

How Seventh-day Adventists see the beginning (top) and ending (bottom) of the seventy weeks timeline.
    In the 21st century this interpretation (emphasized by the 19th-century Millerite movement) is still held by Seventh-day Adventists[26] and other groups.

Seventh-day AdventistsEdit
    The Seventh-day Adventist interpretation of Daniel chapter 9 presents the 490 years as an uninterrupted period. Like others before them they equate the beginning of the 70 weeks “from the time the word goes out to rebuild and restore Jerusalem,” of Daniel 9:25[27] with the decree by Artaxerxes I in 458/7 BCE which provided money for rebuilding the temple and Jerusalem and allowed for restoration of a Jewish administration.[28] It ends 3½ years after the crucifixion.[29] The appearance of “Messiah the Prince” at the end of the 69 weeks (483 years)[27] is aligned with Jesus’ baptism in 27 CE, in the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar. The ‘cutting off’ of the “anointed one”[27] refers to the crucifixion 3½ years after the end of the 483 years, bringing “atonement for iniquity” and “everlasting righteousness”.[30] Jesus is said to ‘confirm’ the “covenant”[31] between God and mankind by his death on the cross in the Spring (about Easter time) of 31 CE “in the midst of”[31] the last seven years. At the moment of his death the 4 inch (10 cm) thick curtain between the Holy and Most Holy Places in the Temple ripped from top to bottom,[32][33][34] marking the end of the Temple’s sacrificial system. The last week ends 3½ years after the crucifixion (i.e., in 34 CE) when the gospel was redirected from only the Jews to all peoples.

Some of the representative voices among exegetes of the last 150 years are E. W. Hengstenberg,[35] J. N. Andrews,[36] E. B. Pusey,[37] J. Raska,[38] J. Hontheim,[39] Boutflower,[40] Uriah Smith,[41] and O. Gerhardt.[42]

Illustrations explaining the beginning and ending dates of the 70 weeks
    according to Historicist interpretation
    Beginning of the 70 Weeks: King’s reigns were counted from New Year to New Year following an ‘Accession Year’. The Persian New Year began in Nisan (March–April). The Jewish civil New Year began in Tishri (September–October)
    Ending of the 70 Weeks: Tiberius Caesar began ruling in the Fall of 13 CE. So,his 15th year began in the Fall of 27, the year of the baptism of Jesus. This is 69 weeks (i.e. 483 years) after 457 BCE.
    To understand 70-week prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27, one has to use the key.[43] The Prophecy of Seventy Weeks becomes clear, as pointing to the messiah using the prophetic day-year principle.[44] Using this, the 69 weeks, or the 483 years of Daniel 9, culminates in A.D. 27. Now “unto Messiah the Prince” makes sense and indicates the time for the coming of the “anointed one” or Messiah, with the final week during His ministry. It is not the time of the Messiah’s birth but when He would appear as the Messiah, and this is right when Christ took up His ministry after being baptized. Thus the prophetic day-year principle correctly points to the anointed as the Messiah in A.D. 27 or the fifteenth year of Tiberius, not in the future or modern time. While there are other possible ways of reckoning, the beginning point of 457 B.C. as the starting point of the 70-week prophecy as the Messianic prophecies points to Jesus as the Messiah.[45]

The seven and sixty-two-week periods are most frequently understood as consecutive, non-overlapping chronological periods that are more or less exact in terminating with the time at which Christ is anointed with the Holy Spirit at his baptism,[46][47] with the terminus a quo of this 483-year period being the time associated with the decree given to Ezra by Artaxerxes I in 458/7 BCE.[48][46] The reference to an anointed one being “cut off” in verse 26a is identified with the death of Christ and has traditionally been thought to mark the midpoint of the seventieth week,[46] which is also when Jeremiah’s new “covenant” is “confirmed” (verse 27a) and atonement for “iniquity” (verse 24) is made.

1260 year prophecyEdit
    Historicist interpreters have usually understood the “time, times and half a time” (i.e. 1+2+0.5=3.5), “1,260 days” and “42 months” mentioned in Daniel and Revelation to be references to represent a period of 1260 years (based on the 360 day Jewish year multiplied by 3.5).[49] However, at no point in history was the Jewish year ever 360 days. The Babylonians on the other hand preferred a 360-day cycle.

These time periods occur eight times in scripture:

Daniel 7:25, “time, times and a half”.
    Daniel 9:27, “half one set of seven”.
    Daniel 12:7, “time, times and a half”.
    Revelation 11:2, “42 months”.
    Revelation 11:3, “1260 days”.
    Revelation 12:6, “1260 days”.
    Revelation 12:14, “time, times and a half”.
    Revelation 13:5, “42 months”.
    Historicists usually believe the “1,260 days” spanned the Middle Ages and concluded within the early modern or modern era. Although many dates have been proposed for the start and finish of the “1,260 days”, certain time spans have proven to be more popular than others. The majority of historicists throughout history have identified the “1,260 days” as being fulfilled by one or more of the following time spans[50] and identify the Papal Office as the Antichrist and culmination of the Great Apostasy:

312 AD to 1572: Battle of the Milvian Bridge/Vision of Constantine to St. Bartholomew’s Day massacre[citation needed]
    606 AD to 1866[51]
    538 AD to 1798: Siege of Rome to Napoleon’s Roman Republic.[52]
    756 AD to 2016 Donation of Pepin to (presumed) fall of Papacy.:[53]
    774 AD to 2034 Charlemagne overthrows last Lombard King.[54]
    800 AD to 2060 Charlemagne is crowned Holy Roman Emperor by the Pope.[55]
    Seventh-Day Adventist interpretationEdit
    Timeline of “time, times and half a time”, 1260 days or 42 month prophecy in historicist Seventh-day Adventism.
    The Millerites, like the earlier Bible students of the Reformation and post-Reformation eras, and the Seventh-day Adventists, [56] understand the 1260 days as lasting AD 538 to 1798 as the (supposed) duration of the papacy over Rome.[57][58] This period supposedly began with the defeat of the Ostrogoths by the general Belisarius and ended with the successes of French general Napoleon Bonaparte, specifically, the capture of Pope Pius VI by general Louis Alexandre Berthier in 1798.

Other viewsEdit
    Robert Fleming writing in 1701 (The Rise and Fall of Rome Papal) stated that the 1260-year period should commence with Pope Paul I becoming a temporal ruler in AD 758 which would expire in 2018 by counting Julian years, or the year 2000 if counting prophetic (360 day) years.[59]

756 to 2016Edit
    British Theologian Adam Clarke writing in 1825 stated that the 1260-year period should commence with 755 AD, the actual year Pepin the Short invaded Lombard territory, resulting in the Pope’s elevation from a subject of the Byzantine Empire to an independent head of state. The Donation of Pepin, which first occurred in 754 and again in 756 gave to the Pope temporal power over the Papal States. However, his introductory comments on Daniel 7 added 756 as an alternative commencement date.[60] In April of that year, Pepin, accompanied by Pope Stephen II entered northern Italy from France, forcing the Lombard King Aistulf to lift his siege of Rome, and return to Pavia. Following Aistulf’s capitulation, Pepin remained in Italy until finalizing his Donations. Based on this, 19th century commentators anticipate the end of the Papacy in 2016:

“As the date of the prevalence and reign of antichrist must, according to the principles here laid down, be fixed at A.D. 756, therefore the end of this period of his reign must be A.D. 756 added to 1260; equal to 2016, the year of the Christian era set by infinite wisdom for this long-prayed-for event. Amen and amen!”[61][62]
    Of the five areas of the Bible which mention this timeline,[63] only Revelation 11:9-12 adds a brief 3½ more years to the end of this 1260-year period.[64] If added to 2016, this would bring us to autumn of 2019 or spring of 2020 for the commencement of the Eternal Kingdom.[65] However, far more attention is paid by historicists to 2016 as the final end of the Papacy and the commencement of the Millennial rule than there is to 2019.[66] This may be due in part, to uncertainty as to who or what the two witnesses of the Book of Revelation represent. But for those 17th to 19th century historicists adhering to the day year principle who also predicted a literal restoration of the unconverted Jews in their original homeland,[67] the fall of the Papacy immediately precedes the rapid conversion of the Jews.[68] The two events are closely linked, with the former enabling the latter.[69]

The year 756 AD is also thought to occur 666 years from John’s writing of the Book of Revelation.[70] The verse in Daniel 8:25 which reads “…but he shall be broken without hand” is usually understood to mean that the destruction of the “little horn” or Papacy with not be caused by any human action.[71] Volcanic activity is described as the means by which Rome will be overthrown.[72] The following excerpt is from the 5th edition (1808) of the Rev. David Simpson’s book “A Plea for Religion and the Sacred Writings”:

“Antichrist will retain some part of his dominion over the nations till about the year 2016.” “And when the 1260 years are expired, Rome itself, with all its magnificence, will be absorbed in a lake of fire, sink into the sea, and rise no more at all for ever*.”[73]
    Though the end of the 1260 years will be marked by dramatic events, it will not instantly remove all the governments of the world. The Messianic Kingdom will be established in place of the former Roman Empire, and continue to expand until it has enveloped the remaining countries. The following is an excerpt from “the Covenanter”, a Reformed Presbyterian publication (1857):

“The end of the 1260 years will not at once usher in the brightness of the Millennial day. It will be marked by some occurrence, by some grand movement of Providence—such as the violent, it may be, and sudden crushing of the Papal power, and that of the corrupt and oppressive monarchies of the Old World, and of the governments similar to them in spirit, if not in form, in the New-— by some event in the pagan world, in which a new era will take its rise: new and signally successful efforts for the conversion of the Jews—for the evangelization of the nations-—for the subjecting of the “kingdoms of this world” to the law and government of “the Lord and of his Christ.” A generation may pass, or more than one, before this work will be fully completed; but it will advance with large strides.”[74]
    While Daniel 2:35 makes reference to the various world powers (represented as various metals) being “broken to pieces together”, the previous verse (v.34) portrays the Eternal Kingdom coming as “a stone cut from a mountain without hands” and striking a statue (symbolizing the successive world empires) on its feet first. Most adherents of the day-year principle, interpret these feet “that were of iron and clay,” as denoting the nations descended from and occupying areas of the former Roman Empire.[75][76] The dominions of all the empires and nations are expected to be crushed simultaneously, but the end of “life” or existence of the Roman derived countries will precede that of the other nations of the world.[77][78]

The length of time for this worldwide expansion to complete is indicated in Daniel 7:12, which adds “As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.” Henry Folbigg (1869) elaborated on this verse:

It is here predicted that after the destruction of the papal beast, “the rest of the beasts,” by which I understand the Pagan, Mahometan, Hindoo, Chinese, and other empires, “ will have their dominion taken away,” that is, they will gradually lose their dominion, perhaps be conquered and lose their heathen rulers— “ but their lives ”—the existence of various corrupt “and unchristian principles, “ will be prolonged for a season and a time,” which, if intended to be taken in the usual prophetic and symbolic sense would indicate a period of 450 years. This would extend far into the Millennium, and therefore although we may and should look for, and hasten the coming of great and beneficial changes, we are not to expect universal civilization in a day, nor the conversion of the world in a year—but rather the gradual yet more rapid spread of the gospel and the spiritual reign of Christ and his saints—of Christ and his Church for 1,000 years.[79]
    Prior to Adam Clarke (Methodist), Jonathan Edwards, an Evangelical Reformed (Congregational) theologian commented on the views of his more well-known predecessors and contemporaries, and wrote that Sir Isaac Newton, Robert Fleming (Presbyterian), Moses Lowman (Presbyterian), Phillip Doddridge (Congregational), and Bishop Thomas Newton (Anglican), were in agreement that the 1,260 timeline should be calculated from the year 756 AD.[80]

F.A. Cox (Congregationalist) confirmed that this was the view of Sir Isaac Newton and others, including himself:

“The author adopts the hypothesis of Fleming, Sir Isaac Newton, and Lowman, that the 1260 years commenced in A.d. 756; and consequently that the millennium will not begin till the year 2016.”[81]
    Thomas Williams also acknowledged that this was the predominant view among the leading Protestant theologians of his time:

“Mr. Lowman, though an earlier commentator, is (we believe) far more generally followed ; and he commences the 1260 days from about 756, when, bv aid of Pepin, King of France, the Pope obtained considerable temporalities. This carries on the reign of Popery to 2016, or sixteen years into the commencement of the Millennium, as it is generally reckoned.”[82]
    The timeline was also printed in other denominational publications including Lutheran,[83] Reformed,[84] Baptist,[85] Unitarian (Socinian),[86] and in countries with sizeable Protestant populations such as the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands and the United States.[87]

Catholicon, a monthly Catholic publication, implied (1816) that this timeline was more accurate than the other predictions of the time:

“Lowman, who allowing the greatest latitude, comes in our opinion nearest to the truth, to the distant year 2016.”[88]
    In 1870 the newly formed Kingdom of Italy annexed the remaining Papal States, depriving the Pope of his temporal rule. Unaware that Papal rule would be restored, (albeit on a greatly diminished scale) in 1929 as head of the Vatican City state, the historicist view that the Papacy is the Antichrist rapidly declined in popularity as one of the defining characteristics of the Antichrist (i.e. that he would also be a political temporal power at the time of the return of Jesus) was no longer met.

In spite of its one time predominance, the 2016 prediction was largely forgotten and no major Protestant denomination currently subscribes to this timeline.

2300 year prophecyEdit
    Beginning of the 70 Weeks: The decree of Araxerses in the 7th year of his reign (457 BC) as recorded in Ezra marks beginning of 70 weeks. King reigns were counted from New Year to New Year following an ‘Accession Year’. The Persian New Year began in Nisan (March–April). The Jewish civil New Year began in Tishri (September–October).
    Seventh-day Adventist interpretation of the 2300-day prophecy time line and its relation to the 70-week prophecy
    The distinctly Seventh-day Adventist doctrine of the divine investigative judgment beginning in 1844, based on the 2300 day prophecy of Daniel 8:14, relies on the day-year principle. The 2300 days are understood to represent 2300 years stretching from 457 BC, the calculated starting date of the 70 weeks prophecy based on the 3rd decree found in Ezra, to 1844.[89][90]

The prophecy of 2300 days in Verse 14 plays an important role in Seventh-day Adventist eschatology. The Seventh-day Adventist Church traces its origins to the William Miller, who predicted that the second coming of Jesus would occur in 1844 by assuming that the cleansing of the Sanctuary of Daniel 8:14 meant the destruction of the earth, and applying the day-year principle.

The prophetic time always uses the day-year principle, thus “2300 days” was understood to be 2300 years. Starting at the same time as the Prophecy of Seventy Weeks found in Chapter 9, on the grounds that the 70 weeks were “decreed” (actually “cut off”) for the Jewish people from the 2300-day prophecy. This beginning year is calculated to be 457 BC (see details here), then the end of the 2300 years would have been in 1844.

Although the Millerites originally thought that 1844 represented the end of the world, those who later became Seventh-day Adventist reached the conclusion that 1844 marked the beginning of a divine pre-advent judgment called “the cleansing of the sanctuary”. It is intimately related to the history of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and was described by the church’s prophet and pioneer Ellen G. White as one of the pillars of Adventist belief.[91][92]

Baha’i application

See also

References

Further reading

Last edited 2 days ago by Alephb
    RELATED ARTICLES

Historicism (Christianity)
    Method of interpretation of biblical prophecies which associates symbols with historical persons, nations or events.

Historicist interpretations of the Book of Revelation

Historicist interpretations of the Book of Daniel

Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
    Terms of Use
    Privacy
    Desktop

Berean
    Participant

The first beast has already lived exactly 1,260 years (Rev.13:5.9).
    according to the prophetic principle
    that one day = 1 year

It is exactly the time of papal supremacy: 538 AD -1798 AD
    And there was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies; and power was given to him to continue for forty-two months.

13:6 And she opened her mouth to speak blasphemies against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

13:7 And it was given her to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. And authority was given unto him over every tribe, and over every people, and over every tongue, and over every nation.

13:8 And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names were not written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slain.

13:9 If any man have ears, let him hear.

If you continue to believe too literally in prophetic times, you will not be able to understand all the prophecy.

Please review this point
    It’ll change your life.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……if anyone wants the truth about the return of Jesus christ and the Risings of the Babyloian type of World rulling governments go and read what I have written concerning Rev 17…, its all there,  Don’t let yourselves be caught unaware by listing to all theses false prophets.

Peace and love to you all and yours…………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi

Day-year principle

Hi Berean,

“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by
    Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (on the Temple Mount),
    (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea
    flee into the mountains (Nations):” (Matthew 24:15-16)

The “Abomination of Desolation” (dome of the rock mosque) was set up in 688ad.

“And the woman (Israel) fled into the wilderness (Mountains/Nations),
    where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there
    a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (Revelation 12:6)

688ad + 1,260 day/years = 1948 … Israel is once again born as a Nation

“Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?
    for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 9 Shall I bring to the birth,
    and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:” (Isaiah 66:8-9)

Ed J
    Participant

(1 John 5:9/2Peter 1:19) “If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater”
    “We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed”

Ed J
    Participant

The dome of the Rock mosque is exactly 666 nautical-miles from the kaaba in Mecca

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for those post Ed J.

I noticed only Gene had posted so didn’t want to waste my time reading what is likely to be a load of rubbish. But like reading your posts except when you do the number thing too much.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..waste of time is exactly what those listing  to your false teachings  are doing here.  ISLAM HAS NOTHING  TO DO WITH HOW THE WORLD FUNCTIONS,  We are and have been in the BADLOYIAN TYPE OF WORLD RULING SYSTEMS , SENSE IT BEGAN AT THE TIME OF THE BABYLOIAN KINGDOM . IT HAS NEVER STOPPED TO EXIST AND WILL NOT UNTIL IT IS DESTROYED AT THE RETURN OF Jesus christ, and then it will be crushed and remain that way until the end of the millennial reign of Jesus and the Saint’s,  and then the deadly wound will be heald for a short time 3 1/2 years just as REV 17  SHOWS.  Your islam,  “religious” Babyloian false teaching ignore the economic   description given us in Revelations ,  Babyloian is about world ruling  powers under a type of World economy,  nothing to do with religion. The Unied States and it’s allies rule in this present BABYLOIAN SYSTEM OF RULE.   IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW THE WORLD ECONOMY WORKS, WE CAN PUT SANTIONS ON COUNTRIES AND BRING THEM TO THERE KNEES. There is no country more into the Babyloian type rule the we are,  why do you think it say “come out of her “MY PEOPLE” ,  IS IT NOT BECAUSE WE  ARE IN IT? 

AGAIN IT NOT ABOUT RELIGION, IT’S ABOUT HOW THE WORLD IS RULLED. THINK ABOUT IT FOR A CHANGE.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 650 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account