Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Lightenup
    Participant

Acts 10:34
    34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. 36“The word which He sent to the sons of Israel,preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all) —37you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. 38“You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39“We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40“God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41not to all the people, but to ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42“And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

Lightenup
    Participant

1 Corinthians 1:2 NAS
    To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Lightenup
    Participant

1 Cor 2:6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood;  for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;

Lightenup
    Participant

1 Cor 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

That makes…two!

Lightenup
    Participant

Philippians 2:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Lightenup
    Participant

2 Thessalonians 1:12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

Lightenup
    Participant

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

If you look at the Greek, you will see that all the verbs that are in these two verses are written in the singular form, yet there are two subjects which would normally require the verbs to be written in plural form. This suggests a compound unity of two persons, acting as one person

Lightenup
    Participant

Tit 2:13, 14
    …while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for us, “that he (Jesus) might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works”.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hebrews 1:8
    But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Lightenup
    Participant

2 Peter 1:1
    Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Lightenup
    Participant

Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Lightenup
    Participant

Rev 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Rev 19:16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Deut 10:17 “For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

All these verses I post in honor of the memory of our dear friend's daughter, Meaghen, that died last night suddenly in her mother's arms from a pulmonary embolism, she just had a cold.

On her facebook profile she wrote: “In a relationship with my Lord and Savior!” and “- I am a sinner saved by the grace of God.” Rest in the arms of Jesus, Meaghen, you will be missed. You have received your reward, dear one.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's tragic loss.  

You have missed the point of this thread because I, like an idiot, once again titled one of my threads with misleading words.  The OP shows the intention of this thread, but you sure wouldn't know if from the title I gave it.  :)

I will transfer my OP and compiled results to another thread that is titled correctly.  But since the later posts on this thread seem to better fit the title of it, let's discuss your scriptures one at a time, and see if they really do, beyond any shadow of a doubt, show God to be TWO.

Your first scripture:
    Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.

This is the Hebrew word “ba'al”.  It is very similar to the Hebrew word “Ba'al”, which means “master” or “ruler”, and was used to identify the Baals that the nations surrounding Israel worshipped in the days of the Judges and beyond.

The very close form of this word that is used in Is 54:5 IS often translated as “husband”, for a husband WAS the “master” and “ruler” over his wife.

But this form generally means “master” or “ruler”, just like the form of “Ba'al” that was used for the Canaanite's god.

From NETNotes:
    ba`al
    1) to marry, rule over, possess, own
      1a) (Qal)  
         1a1) to marry, be lord (husband) over
         1a2) to rule over
      1b) (Niphal) to be married

The following two verses have the same exact word in the same exact Qal form, yet they are sensibly translated as “rule over”:

1Ch 4:22
    Jokim, the men of Cozeba, and Joash and Saraph, both of whom ruled over Moab and Jashubi Lehem.  

Isa 26:13
    O Lord, our God, masters other than you have ruled over us, but we praise your name alone.

Isaiah 54:5 is correctly translated as:

“For your Ruler [or “the One who rules over you”] is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.

So Kathi, knowing the facts I've just showed you, will you INSIST that the correct translation is “husband”?  Or will you at least acknowledge the possibility that the correct translation is “Ruler”?

Because if you are honest, and acknowledge the “Ruler” translation as a possibility, then the scripture is at best ambiguous.  And one would have to be desperate to insist that an “ambiguous” scripture is proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Jesus IS Jehovah.

Also consider that if Jehovah consists of both Father AND Son, then the Father would also be listed as a husband of the bride in Rev 21:9. But instead, it is ONLY the Lamb who is the husband – not the “compound unity” that you claim makes up Jehovah.

Rebuttal?  Or shall I go on to your next “Jesus is God” proof scripture?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

I reposted my OP in a thread called “John 8:25”. Will you please add your input there?

And we can keep this thread for the “ONE, TWO, or THREE” discussion we are having.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 31 2011,09:49)
    Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Kathi

Jude 1:4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Not;our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

This is how the King James puts it:

For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

If Jesus is our ONLY Master and Lord, then the Father is neither of those things.  I guess that Kathi will now be trying to convince us that JESUS is a compound unity of the Father and the Son, eh?  :)

Truthfully, all one needs to do is read the whole Book of Jude to realize that Jude knows exactly who our ONE God is, and Jesus' relationship to that one God.  (Verse 1 and 25, for example.)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 31 2011,20:44)
    Hi Pierre,

This is how the King James puts it:

For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

If Jesus is our ONLY Master and Lord, then the Father is neither of those things.  I guess that Kathi will now be trying to convince us that JESUS is a compound unity of the Father and the Son, eh?  :)

Truthfully, all one needs to do is read the whole Book of Jude to realize that Jude knows exactly who our ONE God is, and Jesus' relationship to that one God.  (Verse 1 and 25, for example.)

Mike

Kathi does not discuss her surrender she ignore it ,

she may have deceive others in her entourage and successfully may be this is a big trigger to keep going in this direction,
    many come in the name of Christ ,with new truth but there truth is killing half the scriptures .

what can we do nothing wait until the judge comes,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I don't have much time right now. Maybe Paul can address your points here.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kathi,

I don't know what you meant, but take your time. I will wait for you to address Isaiah when you do get the time. Then, slowly but surely, we'll go through every scripture you quoted so I can show you that not one of them says Jesus is God Almighty.

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account