Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Than sir, you are a offically an imbecile
    :laugh:

Yes I know how to read your ignorant statements mr. trinity

jammin
    Participant

this man does not know how to read well.

your brain is useless! hahahahahahahah :D :D :D :D :D :D

barley
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2012,15:02)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 13 2012,12:50)

nature of GOD

1 Corinthians 11:3
    ………the head of Christ is God.

It seems that Jesus has THE Supreme Being you mentioned as his HEAD.  Because you did say, “not A superior being, but THE Supreme Being”, right?

can you read in 1cor 11:3 that christ is not supreme being?
    let me post the verse
    Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
    3 But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of the woman,[a] and God is the head of Christ.

the meaning is
    Every man is responsible to Christ, a woman is responsible to her husband, and Christ is responsible to God.

do you understand the difference between SUPREME and SUPREME BEING???

supreme being means –  the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the most exalted being, GOD.

let us see in the bible if christ is not supreme being

Philippians 2:6
    GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

6Although he was in the form of God and equal with God,
         he did not take advantage of this equality.

now a while ago, you agreed that christ HAD THE SAME NATURE AS GOD. MAN AND CREATED ANGLES DO NOT HAVE THE FORM OF GOD!

CHRIST IS EQUAL WITH GOD! NO MAN OR CREATED ANGELS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE EQUAL WITH GOD!

Quote (MIKE @ Jan. 12 2012,19:17)
    UNIQUENESS  God is unique.  The Bible describes Him in Greek as monogenesis, i.e., “one of a kind”, “having a unique nature.”
    The word is “monogenes”, and it means “only begotten”.  It is used of Jesus in the scriptures, but never of his God, because God was not begotten by anyone.  Jesus, on the other hand, was.

GOD HAS A UNIQUE NATURE!
    CHRIST HAD THAT SAME NATURE AS GOD!
    THEY ARE EQUAL

Quote (mike @ Jan. 12 2012,19:17)
    ETERNALNESS He always has existed and always will exist.  He had no beginning and will never cease to exist.  

It seems Jesus DID have an origin, unlike his God.

christ is eternal
    John 1:1
    John 1

The Word Becomes Human

1In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

“In THE BEGINNING,” or, more literally, “in beginning,” for there is no article in the Greek. In what “beginning?” There are various “beginnings” referred to in the New Testament. There is the “beginning” of “the world” (Matthew 24:21); of “the gospel of Jesus Christ” (Mark 1:1); of “sorrows” (Mark 13:8); of “miracles” (or “signs”), (John 2:11), etc. But the “beginning” mentioned in John 1:1 clearly antedates all these “beginnings.” The “beginning” of John 1:1 precedes the making of the “all things” of John 1:3. It is then, the beginning of creation, the beginning of time. This earth of ours is old, how old we do not know, possibly millions of years. But “the word” was before all things. He was not only from the beginning, but He was “in the beginning.”

OMNISCIENCE He knows all things.
    Matthew 24:36
    “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It seems Jesus DOESN'T know all the things his Father and God knows.

did you notice what christ said?? did he say the SON OF GOD?

The Ethiopic version adds here, “nor the son”, and so the Cambridge copy of Beza's; which seems to be transcribed from Mark 13:32 where that phrase stands; and must be understood of Christ as the son of man, and not as the Son of God;
     that as he, as man and mediator, came not to destroy, but to save;

OMNIPOTENCE He is all powerful.
    Micah 5:4
    He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.

It seems that Jesus is NOT all powerful, for he will rule in the strength of Yahweh, his God.  Don't forget that Jesus told us that his God was also our God.  It is in the strength of OUR ONE God that Jesus will rule.

i cant see in that verse that christ is not all powerful it does not say in the verse. it is just your opinion mike hahahahaha

OMNIPRESENCE He is everywhere at the same time.

Aren't you the one who argues that Jesus is the only one COMING TO EARTH?  If one is omnipresent, that one is incapable of “COMING” or “GOING” anywhere, for they would already BE EVERYWHERE.

phil 2:7 NIV

7 rather, he made himself nothing
      by taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.

Jesus' human nature is not omnipresent. But, his nature as GOD

Matthew 28:19–20 (NASB95)
    19“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

let me post again that christ has the nature of GOD
    Philippians 2:6-7

New International Version (NIV)
    6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

we do not have the same nature as GOD.
    Therefore, we will not be omnipresent.

SELF-EXISTENT God is the only thing that had no beginning, that was not created by something else.
    Colossians 1:15
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

Revelation 3:14
    “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s
    creation

again, i already told you about this many many times.
    IT DOES NOT SAY THAT CHRIST IS CREATED! IT SAYS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION

greek word is prototokos

GREEK LEXICON BY STRONG
    prototokos pro-tot-ok'-os from 4413 and the alternate of 5088; first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively)

col 1:15 and rev 3:14 is not a literal meaning. hahahahaha

what does it mean?
    let me post the verse again

New Century Version (NCV)
    The Importance of Christ

15 No one can see God, but Jesus Christ is exactly like him. He ranks higher than everything that has been made.

14 “Write this to the angel of the church in Laodicea:

“The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of all God has made, says this:

see mike, hahahahaha
    it says about the authority of christ! supremacy of christ! he ranks higher than everything that has been made! he is the ruler of all GOD has made!

HOLINESS
    Well, you got me there.  But don't forget that many things are holy.  Animals, people, angels, utensils used in the worship of God, etc.

if you say that many things are holy, it's a different topic mike. but you agree that christ is HOLY so we have nothing to discuss here further. hahahahaha

jammin, are you at least BEGINNING to see that what you have been taught about Jesus and his God is not even close to what the scriptures actually teach about them?

I mean, I have scripturally refuted every single claim you made.  Surely you can see this, right?  ???

now mike do you see how VAGUE IS YOUR EXPLANATION?? HAHAHAHAHA

DID YOU SEE HOW YOU TWIST THE WORD OF GOD???

HAHAHAHAHA

REPENT MIKE![/quote]

Now that we have that quote in front of us we can also look at what it does NOT say.

It does say that Jesus Christ was in the form of God and that he did not take advantage of whatever equality that he had with God.

However, it does NOT say that Jesus is God.  That is something that is not said.

Do you know why it does not say that Jesus Christ is God?

Because that is not the intent or purpose of that verse.

All sons of God, I John 3:1-2 are in the form of God. That is because we are sons of God, we have to have some form of God to be his offspring.

You have the form of your parents. They have human characteristics and you do too.

God had Godly characteristics and so do his kids.

Like eternal life.  God has eternal life and so do his kids.  Romans 6:23

Like righteousness,  God is righteous and He gave his kids that same righteousness.  Romans 5:17 and II Corinthians 5:21

So his kids are equal to God as well.

But that does not say we are God,

We do not sit around on our rumps because we are in the form of God and have an equality with God, we, as Jesus Christ did, take on the work of a servant, for we too, as sons of God are still in the likeness of men.

the context of your passage is service to God, not the false doctrine of the “deity” of Jesus Christ.

You can read.

barley

jammin
    Participant

you have the nature of man, it means THAT YOU ARE NOT A MAN?????????????????????????????????? WHAT? MAYBE AN ANIMAL?? what do you think?

CHRIST HAD THE NATURE OF GOD! THEREFORE GOD!
    Contemporary English Version (CEV)
    6Christ was truly God.

But he did not try to remain equal with God.

ARE YOU EQUAL WITH GOD?? DO YOU KNOW ANY PERSON OR CREATED ANGELS WHO IS EQUAL WITH GOD???

our sonship is different with christ. we became sons of GOD bec of
    john 1
    12Yet some people accepted him

and put their faith in him.

So he gave them the right

to be the children of God.

:D

jammin
    Participant

his kids are equal with GOD you said barley. and you give verses. but it does not say that they are equal with GOD. it's just your opinion! hahahahahahaha

we do not need your opinion. read it in the bible! give me a verse that GOD's children is equal with GOD! the verse you gave did not say they are equal with GOD!

give me a verse, that's your homework hahahahahaha

:D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 12 2012,22:02)
    the meaning is
    Every man is responsible to Christ, a woman is responsible to her husband, and Christ is responsible to God.

That is correct, jammin.  The CHRIST OF GOD IS RESPONSIBLE TO HIS GOD.  His God (who is also OUR God) is his Master and Head, just as His God exalted Jesus to be OUR Master and Head.

That is why we have the chance to become BROTHERS to Christ, and SONS to his God.

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 12 2012,22:02)
    DID YOU SEE HOW YOU TWIST THE WORD OF GOD?

Says the dude quoting the most ridiculous and UNSCRIPTURAL translations I've ever seen!  :)

jammin, you are WILLINGLY being duped by English translators who are unscripturally telling you what your itching ears are aching to hear.  They're actually doctoring the Greek text, adding in their own words, trying to FORCE the text into saying what they WANT it to say.  Unfortunately, in the process of fooling themselves, they also fool many blind followers like you.  And even more unfortunately, the words they wrote don't even come close to what the Greek text teaches.

I'm trying to help you, jammin – not hurt you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 12 2012,22:48)
    Can you act mature for one second?

I doubt it. Pierre and I have pegged jammin at between 14 and 16 years old – judging on behavior.

jammin
    Participant

hahahaha. im trying to help u mike. listen to the song open the eyes of my heart LORD.\

christ is LORD. the father is not LORD? hahahaha

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Jan. 14 2012,03:39)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2012,15:02)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 13 2012,12:50)

nature of GOD

………the head of Christ is God.

It seems that Jesus has THE Supreme Being you mentioned as his HEAD.  Because you did say, “not A superior being, but THE Supreme Being”, right?

can you read in 1cor 11:3 that christ is not supreme being?
    let me post the verse
    Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
    3 But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of the woman,[a] and God is the head of Christ.

the meaning is

do you understand the difference between SUPREME and SUPREME BEING???

supreme being means –  the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the most exalted being, GOD.

let us see in the bible if christ is not supreme being

now a while ago, you agreed that christ HAD THE SAME NATURE AS GOD. MAN AND CREATED ANGLES DO NOT HAVE THE FORM OF GOD!

CHRIST IS EQUAL WITH GOD! NO MAN OR CREATED ANGELS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE EQUAL WITH GOD!

Quote (MIKE @ Jan. 12 2012,19:17)
    UNIQUENESS  God is unique.  The Bible describes Him in Greek as monogenesis, i.e., “one of a kind”, “having a unique nature.”
    The word is “monogenes”, and it means “only begotten”.  It is used of Jesus in the scriptures, but never of his God, because God was not begotten by anyone.  Jesus, on the other hand, was.

GOD HAS A UNIQUE NATURE!
    CHRIST HAD THAT SAME NATURE AS GOD!
    THEY ARE EQUAL

ETERNALNESS He always has existed and always will exist.  He had no beginning and will never cease to exist.  

It seems Jesus DID have an origin, unlike his God.

christ is eternal
    John 1:1
    John 1

The Word Becomes Human

1In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

“In THE BEGINNING,” or, more literally, “in beginning,” for there is no article in the Greek. In what “beginning?” There are various “beginnings” referred to in the New Testament. There is the “beginning” of “the world” (Matthew 24:21); of “the gospel of Jesus Christ” (Mark 1:1); of “sorrows” (Mark 13:8); of “miracles” (or “signs”), (John 2:11), etc. But the “beginning” mentioned in John 1:1 clearly antedates all these “beginnings.” The “beginning” of John 1:1 precedes the making of the “all things” of John 1:3. It is then, the beginning of creation, the beginning of time. This earth of ours is old, how old we do not know, possibly millions of years. But “the word” was before all things. He was not only from the beginning, but He was “in the beginning.”

OMNISCIENCE He knows all things.
    Matthew 24:36
    “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It seems Jesus DOESN'T know all the things his Father and God knows.

did you notice what christ said?? did he say the SON OF GOD?

The Ethiopic version adds here, “nor the son”, and so the Cambridge copy of Beza's; which seems to be transcribed from Mark 13:32 where that phrase stands; and must be understood of Christ as the son of man, and not as the Son of God;
     that as he, as man and mediator, came not to destroy, but to save;

OMNIPOTENCE He is all powerful.
    Micah 5:4
    He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.

It seems that Jesus is NOT all powerful, for he will rule in the strength of Yahweh, his God.  Don't forget that Jesus told us that his God was also our God.  It is in the strength of OUR ONE God that Jesus will rule.

i cant see in that verse that christ is not all powerful it does not say in the verse. it is just your opinion mike hahahahaha

OMNIPRESENCE He is everywhere at the same time.

Aren't you the one who argues that Jesus is the only one COMING TO EARTH?  If one is omnipresent, that one is incapable of “COMING” or “GOING” anywhere, for they would already BE EVERYWHERE.

phil 2:7 NIV

7 rather, he made himself nothing
      by taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.

Jesus' human nature is not omnipresent. But, his nature as GOD

Matthew 28:19–20 (NASB95)
    19“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

let me post again that christ has the nature of GOD
    Philippians 2:6-7

New International Version (NIV)
    6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

we do not have the same nature as GOD.
    Therefore, we will not be omnipresent.

SELF-EXISTENT God is the only thing that had no beginning, that was not created by something else.
    He is the image of the invisible God, t
    he firstborn of every creature

“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation.

again, i already told you about this many many times.
    IT DOES NOT SAY THAT CHRIST IS CREATED! IT SAYS THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION

greek word is prototokos

GREEK LEXICON BY STRONG
    prototokos pro-tot-ok'-os from 4413 and the alternate of 5088; first-born (usually as noun, literally or figuratively)

col 1:15 and rev 3:14 is not a literal meaning. hahahahaha

what does it mean?
    let me post the verse again

The Importance of Christ

15 No one can see God, but Jesus Christ is exactly like him. He ranks higher than everything that has been made.

14 “Write this to the angel of the church in Laodicea:

“The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of all God has made, says this:

see mike, hahahahaha
    it says about the authority of christ! supremacy of christ! he ranks higher than everything that has been made! he is the ruler of all GOD has made!

HOLINESS
    Well, you got me there.  But don't forget that many things are holy.  Animals, people, angels, utensils used in the worship of God, etc.

if you say that many things are holy, it's a different topic mike. but you agree that christ is HOLY so we have nothing to discuss here further. hahahahaha

jammin, are you at least BEGINNING to see that what you have been taught about Jesus and his God is not even close to what the scriptures actually teach about them?

I mean, I have scripturally refuted every single claim you made.  Surely you can see this, right?  ???

now mike do you see how VAGUE IS YOUR EXPLANATION?? HAHAHAHAHA

DID YOU SEE HOW YOU TWIST THE WORD OF GOD???

HAHAHAHAHA

REPENT MIKE![/quote]

Now that we have that quote in front of us we can also look at what it does NOT say.

It does say that Jesus Christ was in the form of God and that he did not take advantage of whatever equality that he had with God.

However, it does NOT say that Jesus is God.  That is something that is not said.

Do you know why it does not say that Jesus Christ is God?

Because that is not the intent or purpose of that verse.

All sons of God, I John 3:1-2 are in the form of God. That is because we are sons of God, we have to have some form of God to be his offspring.

You have the form of your parents. They have human characteristics and you do too.

God had Godly characteristics and so do his kids.

Like eternal life.  God has eternal life and so do his kids.  Romans 6:23

Like righteousness,  God is righteous and He gave his kids that same righteousness.  Romans 5:17 and II Corinthians 5:21

So his kids are equal to God as well.

But that does not say we are God,

We do not sit around on our rumps because we are in the form of God and have an equality with God, we, as Jesus Christ did, take on the work of a servant, for we too, as sons of God are still in the likeness of men.

the context of your passage is service to God, not the false doctrine of the “deity” of Jesus Christ.

You can read.

barley

Mr barley

You are a killer of scriptures

Pierre

jammin
    Participant

mr barley. you are a false prophet and a TWISTER of scriptures.
    you have no verses but PURE OPINIONS. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2012,19:24)
    im trying to help u mike. listen to the song open the eyes of my heart LORD.\

I've heard the song many times. Wasn't it first written and performed by Phillips, Craig, and Dean?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 13 2012,19:26)

Quote (barley @ Jan. 14 2012,03:39)

However, [Phil 2] does NOT say that Jesus is God.  That is something that is not said.

barley

Mr barley

You are a killer of scriptures

Pierre

My friend Oatmeal is 100% correct in the statement I quoted above.

And I think what he is trying to say in the rest of his post is that Jesus was made in the image of God, and therefore cannot be the God whose image he is made in.

Just like we are also made in the image of God, and therefore cannot be the God whose image we are made in.

jammin, listen carefully here:

If ANYONE is said to have the same nature AS someone else, then it is clear from the word “AS” that the first person cannot possibly BE the one whose nature he shares.

If YOU have the same nature AS me, then it is crystal clear that you cannot BE me.

If Jesus has the same nature AS the singular Being of God Almighty, then it is likewise clear that Jesus cannot possibly BE the singular Being of God Almighty.

There exists only ONE God Almighty, jammin.  And if Jesus has His nature, then Jesus is not Him, but instead, someone OTHER THAN Him who also has His nature.

And don't forget that I'm using “nature” because you insist upon that word in Phil 2. The Greek word “morphe” actually means “form”, or “outward appearance” – not “nature”.

jammin
    Participant

morphe mor-fay' perhaps from the base of 3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts); shape; figuratively, nature:–form. greek lexicon by strong

christ is not the father mike.
    i am not saying that christ is the father.
    they have the same nature. and no man or created angels have the nature of GOD. you cant read that.
    christ is LORD but you cant say that the father is not LORD.

the father is GOD but you cant say that chrsit is not GOD.

you and me are same in nature, MAN.

open the eyes of my heart by hillsong :D nice song bro

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 14 2012,08:46)
    christ is not the father mike.
    i am not saying that christ is the father.

Okay jammin.  But if you realize that, why don't you also realize that “for us, there is but one God, the Father”?  

Why can you not bring yourself to believe these clear, scriptural words?  ???  I can't understand how it makes a lick of sense to anyone that the Son OF God would also BE the God he is the Son of. And you know that is what you preach, right?

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 14 2012,08:46)
    open the eyes of my heart by hillsong :D nice song bro

Yes it is.  Do you remember Phillips, Craig, and Dean doing it before Hillsong?  It seems to me they wrote it and performed it first – but I could be wrong.

jammin
    Participant

there is only ONE LORD, christ.

the father is not LORD???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I just did some research. It seems that Paul Baloche actually wrote the song, but it has been performed by Mercy Me, Hillsong, Michael W. Smith, Sonic Flood, and others.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 14 2012,09:43)
    there is only ONE LORD, christ.

the father is not LORD???

Yes, the Father is Lord.  Jesus is Lord.  King David was Lord.  Abraham was Lord.

1 Cor 8
    5 For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

There are MANY called by the titles of “god” and “lord” in the scriptures.  The point of this scripture is to place the Highest in His place as “God Almighty”, and the next highest in his place as the one God Almighty set up as Lord over us.

…..the head of Christ is God.

See jammin?  YES, Jesus is our Lord.  But you ignore the part where God is HIS Lord.

Ezekiel 34:24
    I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the LORD have spoken.

The “servant David” mentioned here is Christ.  Do you see how YAHWEH will be our GOD, and God's SERVANT, Jesus Christ, will be our PRINCE/KING?

Why can you not see the hierarchy that is in place here?

jammin
    Participant

the lordship of abraham and david was different to christ.
    did you know that mike? can you compare the lordship of the father or christ to abraham and david?
    hahahaha

i am not against that the father is christ's GOD. but the father also said that the SON IS GOD! hahahaha

heb 1:8
    Hebrews 1:8
    The Message (MSG)

8-9But he says to the Son,
      You're God, and on the throne for good;
         your rule makes everything right.

he made laid earth's foundation
    10And again to the Son,
    You, Master, started it all, laid earth's foundations,
    then crafted the stars in the sky.

so give me a verse that abraham, david and all other so called gods, lords that laid the foundations of the earth then crafted the stars in the sky.

that's your homework. ill wait. hahahaha

jammin
    Participant

again we are same in nature, MAN

christ and the father have the same nature, GOD. :D

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,02:46)
    I just did some research.  It seems that Paul Baloche actually wrote the song, but it has been performed by Mercy Me, Hillsong, Michael W. Smith, Sonic Flood, and others.

tnx for the info :)

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account