Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Oct. 16 2011,18:33)
    It amazes me how you guys won't treat the word 'one' equally. Paul said that there is 'one' God the Father and 'one' Lord Jesus Christ. Yet you guys say that the Father is Lord but deny that Jesus is God. If the expression 'one God' excludes Jesus, then the expression 'one Lord' must exclude the Father.

Until you treat 'one' equally as we do you've got no persuasive argument.

KJ

Did you forget the part where Paul says there are MANY gods and lords, both in heaven and on earth?

But for US, there is but ONE God, the Father; and the one our ONE God MADE both Lord and King.

Jack, 1 Cor 8:6 ranks Jesus and his God in their respective positions over us. Like saying we have over us one General and one Colonel. They can both be called our “Commander”, but one outranks the other.

1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Do you see the respective positions in this scripture, Jack? God is the head of Christ, who in turn is the head of man, who in turn is the head of woman.

For us there is but one General, the Father, and one Colonel, Jesus Christ. Get it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2011,19:06)
    Heb 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house.

Not only does it not say that Christ “built the house”, but it clearly lists the owner of the house as God. And the Son OF God is faithful over the house OF his God.

How Jack gets “Christ IS God” from this is beyond me, Pierre.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 17 2011,19:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2011,19:06)
    Heb 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house.

Not only does it not say that Christ “built the house”, but it clearly lists the owner of the house as God.  And the Son OF God is faithful over the house OF his God.

How Jack gets “Christ IS God” from this is beyond me, Pierre.

Mike

I guess God word of truth does not interest them ,but it is the purpose and interest to be in the organization that preaches this,

so they follow their heart

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Pierre, let me try………………..

Jack, we have but ONE God Most High. Jesus is not that One, but the Son OF that One.

Jehovah is the Most High God. (Gen 14:22) And Jesus is the SON OF the Most High God. (Mark 5:7) Do you accept these scriptures as truth, Jack?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jack? Kathi?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 24 2011,11:51)
    Jack?  Kathi?

:D :D :D

the call,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 28 2011,20:48)
    Jehovah our God is the unity of the God of gods (Jehovah,the Father) and the Lord of lords (Jehovah,the Son). Deut 10:17

Kathi,

The above is your signature. You have stated that Deut 10:17 refers to TWO Gods – the God of gods and the Lord of lords. You have stated that TOGETHER, THEY make up Jehovah.

Revelation 4:11
    “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

Question: WHO is the “Lord and God” here?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    My complete signature:

Jehovah our God is the unity of the God of gods (Jehovah,the Father) and the Lord of lords (Jehovah,the Son). Deut 10:17

Worship the Father, the Son and their Holy Spirit as the fullness of Jehovah, who alone as a unity, was the creator of heaven and earth.

Each person in the unity is addressed as 'Lord and God,' elsewhere and each were interdependent of the other in the work of creation as well as all things, but in Rev 4:11, I agree with John Gill who says the 'our Lord and God' here refers to God the Father.

In John 20:28 the 'my Lord and my God' refers to the Son.

Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

hi Kathi

would that mean that the son of God the father is also the father ??

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    It means that there are two persons called 'Lord and God.'

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 27 2011,22:08)
    ………..but in Rev 4:11, I agree with John Gill who says the 'our Lord and God' here refers to God the Father.

Well, thank goodness John Gill agrees with the scriptures on this one!  :)  All I needed to do is continue reading into chapter 5 to know 4:11 referred to the Father and God of Jesus.

So, what do you think about this verse – knowing it refers ONLY to the Father:

“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
      to receive glory and honor and power,
    for you created all things,
      and by your will they were created
      and have their being.

Seems to me like support of Acts 4:24 – which is another scripture where Jesus is obviously NOT the one who created all things, and therefore has no choice but to be a part of the “all things” that were created.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 27 2011,23:01)
    hi Kathi

Come on Pierre, get with the program. The Son of the Father is obviously not the Father he is the Son of – that would make no sense.

But it makes “perfect sense” that the Son of GOD would be GOD he is the Son of! :D :laugh: :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi? Jackson?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2011,22:47)

hi Kathi

Come on Pierre, get with the program.  The Son of the Father is obviously not the Father he is the Son of – that would make no sense.

But it makes “perfect sense” that the Son of GOD would be GOD he is the Son of!   :D  :laugh:  :D

Mike

you have send a old man in the forest and now he is lost,

:D :D :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I have discussed your last point more than once. You know what I think.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

We have discussed how the prayer in Acts 4 distinguishes the Father as the God who created the heavens, the earth, and EVERYTHING in them – leaving Jesus no choice but to be one of the things CREATED BY his God.

Now I have brought your attention to Rev 4:11, which supports Acts 4 by claiming that God is the One who created all things, and Jesus is NOT the God they were talking about – as confirmed by you.

What say you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 31 2011,19:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2011,22:47)

hi Kathi

Come on Pierre, get with the program.  The Son of the Father is obviously not the Father he is the Son of – that would make no sense.

But it makes “perfect sense” that the Son of GOD would be GOD he is the Son of!   :D  :laugh:  :D

Mike

you have send a old man in the forest and now he is lost,

:D  :D  :D

Watch out for that tree! :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi?  Rev 4:11?  Is 42:1-9?  WHO did the creating? You can address this point either in this thread or in your poll thread about the Creator……………but please address these scriptures in one of the threads.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Read my signature…it tells you :)

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account