Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 30 2011,05:58)
    The people of God believed only in ONE GOD and not three in one God…. in Paul's time there was no trinity… It was in the third century that Constantine made it a Law…..1 Corinth.8: 6 is very plain about it, one God the Father…… AND one Lord Jesus Christ…..they are not equal…..
    Irene

They are equal. Read my post immediately above.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 30 2011,14:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 30 2011,05:58)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Sep. 30 2011,08:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2011,04:29)
    I believe in the existence of “many gods and many lords, in heaven and on earth”.

But Paul's point in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is that for the people of God there is only one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. The terms “God” and “Lord” are equivalent because Paul was denouncing the pagan hierarchies.

So for the people of God there is no hierarchy. Just God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ the Father's equal.

KJ

KJ

wrong again,why would Paul make a distinction then between God and Lord  if he wanted Christ to be shown equal to his father ????

what Paul pointing out is that there is only ONE true GOD and one true SON and Lord just as it is preached in all scriptures by all withers,

THERE  NEVER  WAS AND WILL BE AN EQUAL TO GOD THE FATHER ,

Pierre

Paul was speaking against the pagan hierarchies. Why would he tell christians to have a hierarchy after speaking against such things? Jesus is not Lord under the Father. That's Paul's whole point. He said that God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ are the co-source of all things.

But in your puny manner you just single out a phrase with no regard for context and corrupt the truth.

Your heretical views of the word “Son” in reference to Jesus have been disproven before. Jesus is “Son” in the Hebrew sense of the name. The fully investitured “Son” in the Hebrew culture was equal to his father.

KJ

KJ

why is it that you always have to twist scriptures ,Paul was speaking wen he started about other gods and offerings ,but wen he spooked to them by making a connection he pointed out that for Christians there is only one God and father and the son our Lord,like in many of his written letters,

so no need to interpreting any of his words,and as far of your allegation to the Hebrew language

Your heretical views of the word “Son” in reference to Jesus have been disproven before. Jesus is “Son” in the Hebrew sense of the name. The fully investitured “Son” in the Hebrew culture was equal to his father.

the culture and the word of God are never the same ,one is from men and the other his from GOD the father,

look at what you believe the trinity was once the culture of Roman Catholics ,but was it biblical ?NO did they change NO others joint them ,it will not make it true ,even if the all men on earth will join the trinity it will still be a lie ,because it is not preach by Christ or his disciples,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 28 2011,20:48)
    Maybe you all would have had a laugh at Thomas in the upper room and would have told him that He has a problem with scripture itself.

John 20:28
    28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Both Lord and God have a definite article with them in the Greek, btw.

It says “the god of me”, just like Satan is called “THE god of this age” – with the definite article.

And from Thomas', John's, and Jesus' point of view in that culture, it amounted to Thomas calling Jesus, “my master and my ruler”. Thomas surely didn't confuse Jesus with Jesus' OWN God, Jehovah. Nor did John, who summed up his gospel by saying it was written so that people could understand, not that Jesus was God Himself, but that Jesus was the Son OF God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Sep. 29 2011,08:50)
    The terms “God” and “Lord” are equivalent because Paul was denouncing the pagan hierarchies.

Then why have all things come FROM only one of them, Jack?  Can you show a scripture that says all things came FROM Jesus?  If what you say is true, then Paul would have said, “…..one God, the Father, FROM whom all things came, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, ALSO FROM whom all things came……”  So you guys can translate the word “dia” as “by” all you want.  Until you find a scripture that says all things came “ek” (FROM) Jesus, you're only spinning your wheels and showing your bias in translation.

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Sep. 29 2011,08:50)
    So for the people of God there is no hierarchy. Just God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ the Father's equal.

Then why does one of them call the other one “my God”?  Why did one of them tells us that his God is the same God as our God?

Jack, if one is the God OF the other, then there is a CLEARLY STATED hierarchy in place, don't you think?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 29 2011,14:29)
    Jesus is not Lord under the Father. That's Paul's whole point.

Of course he is, Jack.  Who is it that MADE Jesus both Lord and Christ?  (Acts 2:36, Romans 14:9)  Who PLACED him on Zion as King?  (Psalm 2:6)  Who EXALTED Jesus to the high position he now has?  (Acts 2:33, 5:31, Phil 2:9)

He said that God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ are the co-source of all things.

He who creates is one, and he through whom the thing is created is another. – Tertullian

Only the one FROM whom the thing comes is the SOURCE of that thing.  In 1 Cor 8:6, WHO are all things said to have come FROM, Jack?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jesus is “Son” in the Hebrew sense of the name. The fully investitured “Son” in the Hebrew culture was equal to his father.

And we know that “the Father” is our ONE and ONLY true God, right? So the fact that you say Jesus is EQUAL TO God automatically makes Jesus someone OTHER THAN God.

Can't you see this? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 28 2011,20:48)
    Jehovah our God is the unity of the God of gods (Jehovah,the Father) and the Lord of lords (Jehovah,the Son). Deut 10:17

Kathi,

The above is your signature.  You have stated that Deut 10:17 refers to TWO Gods – the God of gods and the Lord of lords.  You have stated that TOGETHER, THEY make up Jehovah.

Revelation 4:11
    “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

Question:  WHO is the “Lord and God” here?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 27 2011,09:42)
    t8,
    you said:

I see that your problem is not with Mike, but scripture itself.

It is written:

Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.  

Mark 12:35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? 36David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’i
    37 David himself calls him ‘Lord.’  How then can he be his son?”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.  

Luke 1:11 And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense. 12Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. 13But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14“You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;  and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. 16“And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God . 17“It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him  in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared forthe Lord .

The “Lord their God” here is the same one that John goes before as a forerunner…i.e. Jesus.

“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;

Jesus speaking:
    Matt 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist;  yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

John 1:18
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “ I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

John 20:26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Acts 10:34
    34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. 36“The word which He sent to the sons of Israel,preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all) —37you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. 38“You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39“We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40“God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41not to all the people, but to ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42“And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

Romans 9:5
    Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of  Christ, who is God over all,  forever praised! Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:2 NAS
    To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1 Cor 2:6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood;  for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;

1 Cor 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Philippians 2:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

2 Thessalonians 1:12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

If you look at the Greek, you will see that all the verbs that are in these two verses are written in the singular form, yet there are two subjects which would normally require the verbs to be written in plural form.  This suggests a compound unity of two persons, acting as one person

Tit 2:13, 14
    …while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for us, “that he (Jesus) might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works”.

Hebrews 1:8
    But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

2 Peter 1:1
    Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Rev 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Rev 19:16 And on His robe and on Hi
    s thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Deut 10:17 “For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe. the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

LU.

There is nothing here that teaches that God is 2 or 3 persons.
    There is nothing here that makes Jesus the only true God.

All the verses you quote are about God or are talking about Jesus nature which we already know was divine. Because he existed in the FORM of God, and came in the form of man after emptying himself.

You also are confused with some verses, that talk about God and Jesus and mix them up and we also know that theos is applied to more than God because theos is applied to councels, magistrates, judges too.

Conclusion: You twist verses to suit your doctrine.

Yet if your doctrine was true, it would be clearly taught that God was two. Instead it is clearly taught what WE believe. God is one and that one true God sent his son.

We don't have a problem with Jesus possessing the nature of God, after all he came from God and then came as a man and partaking of flesh after emptying himself.

I am not sure if anyone will be swayed by your doctrine, after all, it is the same as the Trinity with one  difference, that there is 2 not 3 that are God. You might have some luck with Trinitarians, but I doubt you will ever sway anyone who believes that the Father is the true God and that Jesus is the son of God, Christ, and Lord.

I personally consider your teaching to be false and from your own mind, and not in line with what is revealed in scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Sep. 30 2011,07:31)

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 30 2011,05:58)
    The people of God believed only in ONE GOD and not three in one God…. in Paul’s time there was no trinity… It was in the third century that Constantine made it a Law…..1 Corinth.8: 6 is very plain about it, one God the Father…… AND one Lord Jesus Christ…..they are not equal…..Irene

They are equal. Read my post immediately above.KJ

See. You use the word THEY to describe your God.

• Your God is plural.
    • Your God is triune. Scripture says otherwise:
    • There is one God the Father
    • The one true God, sent his son into the world.
    • Jesus is the son of God.Your doctrine is at odds with scripture. It is something you need to resolve because it is YOUR doctrine.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi? Jack?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I will be very busy for the next several days. My oldest son is getting married on Saturday and my youngest son just had surgery on his shoulder yesterday and I will likely be entertaining out of town relatives next week. I can't take on too much else here. Maybe afterwards.

God bless,
    Kathi

barley
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 07 2011,06:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 03 2011,22:13)
    Kathi?  Keith?  Jack?  Where are you guys?

This is your chance to show where Jesus himself taught that he was God Almighty.

Don't you WANT to show us?

Mike

John 1:1 tells us Jesus is “theos\god”. John 3:35 says all things are in Jesus hands which makes him “Almighty”.

What more do you need? :p

WJ

Interesting attempt,.

Where In John 1:1 does it say that Jesus is God?

It simply does not say that.

The word, more specifically,  the name “Jesus” does not appear in John 1:1

God appears in John 1:1 as does logos, that which God would later  communicate is named, but not Jesus himself.

Mike Boll has clearly done his homework on this one. As much as I have disgreed with him on some of his other ideas, he is correct on this thread.

barley
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 30 2011,11:17)

Jesus is “Son” in the Hebrew sense of the name. The fully investitured “Son” in the Hebrew culture was equal to his father.

And we know that “the Father” is our ONE and ONLY true God, right?  So the fact that you say Jesus is EQUAL TO God automatically makes Jesus someone OTHER THAN God.

Can't you see this?  ???

Mike,

I seems that logic is perfectly acceptable when people discuss science or maybe sometimes politics, but when it comes to scripture, logic, especially  scriptural logic is dismissed by traditionalists.

Especially those who exalt men's traditions over scripture.

Too often it like talking to a parrot.  They were trained to say trinity and that is all that can come out of their mouths.

barley

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (barley @ Oct. 15 2011,20:27)
    Too often it is like talking to a parrot.  They were trained to say trinity and that is all that can come out of their mouths.

:D

KJ wrote:

Mike replied:

And we know that “the Father” is our ONE and ONLY true God, right?  So the fact that you say Jesus is EQUAL TO God automatically makes Jesus someone OTHER THAN God.

Can't you see this?

Yet the Father said to the Son “Your throne O God (hotheos) is forever and ever.”  And Hebrews 3:1-6 says that as fully investitured Son He shares EQUAL glory with God.

Yeah I know you're going to say that satan is called 'hotheos' too. But a usurper is not a true hotheos.

Is Jesus a false hotheos like satan? If you say yes you are a liar. If you say no, then the Father is not the only true hotheos.

KJ

Quote (barley @ Oct. 16 2011,13:27)

Can't you see this?  ???

Mike,

I seems that logic is perfectly acceptable when people discuss science or maybe sometimes politics, but when it comes to scripture, logic, especially  scriptural logic is dismissed by traditionalists.

Too often it like talking to a parrot.  They were trained to say trinity and that is all that can come out of their mouths.

barley

Yet the Father said to the Son “Your throne O God (hotheos) is forever and ever.” And Hebrews 3:1-6 says that as fully investitured Son He shares EQUAL glory with God.

Yeah I know you're going to say that satan is called 'hotheos' too. But a usurper is not a true hotheos.

Is Jesus a false hotheos like satan? If you say yes you are a liar. If you say no, then the Father is not the only true hotheos.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Oct. 17 2011,17:31)

Can't you see this?  ???

Mike,

barley

Yet the Father said to the Son “Your throne O God (hotheos) is forever and ever.”  And Hebrews 3:1-6 says that as fully investitured Son He shares EQUAL glory with God.

KJ

KJ

unless you can tell what the glory is they are not equal

sorry fellow try next time

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2011,10:38)

Can't you see this?  ???

Mike,

barley

KJ

KJ

It is the glory of hte builder. I have said it a THOUSAND times. Hebrews 3:1-6 says that Jesus receives the glory of the bulider of the house. Then it says that the builder of ALL things is God. Therefore, Christ is God.

It amazes me how you guys won't treat the word 'one' equally. Paul said that there is 'one' God the Father and 'one' Lord Jesus Christ. Yet you guys say that the Father is Lord but deny that Jesus is God. If the expression 'one God' excludes Jesus, then the expression 'one Lord' must exclude the Father.

Until you treat 'one' equally as we do you've got no persuasive argument.

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Oct. 16 2011,17:30)

Yet the Father said to the Son “Your throne O God (hotheos) is forever and ever.”  

That scripture is also faithfully translated as “God is your throne forever and ever”.  But even the way YOU like it, you shouldn't overlook verse 9, where we are told that it was the God OF Jesus who placed him above his companions.

God Most High does NOT have a God of his own, Jack.  Jesus does.

And Hebrews 3:1-6 says that as fully investitured Son He shares EQUAL glory with God.

Are you aware of any “fully investitured” Hebrew son who was the SAME EXACT INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEING as his father, Jack?  Like I said before, being “equal TO” someone is a clear sign that you are NOT that someone you're “equal TO”.

Is Jesus a false hotheos like satan?

What scripture teaches us that Satan is a “FALSE hotheos”?  ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Oct. 17 2011,18:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2011,10:38)

Can't you see this?  ???

Mike,

barley

KJ

KJ

It is the glory of hte builder. I have said it a THOUSAND times. Hebrews 3:1-6 says that Jesus receives the glory of the bulider of the house. Then it says that the builder of ALL things is God. Therefore, Christ is God.

It amazes me how you guys won't treat the word 'one' equally. Paul said that there is 'one' God the Father and 'one' Lord Jesus Christ. Yet you guys say that the Father is Lord but deny that Jesus is God. If the expression 'one God' excludes Jesus, then the expression 'one Lord' must exclude the Father.

Until you treat 'one' equally as we do you've got no persuasive argument.

KJ

KJ

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.
    Heb 3:2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.
    Heb 3:3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.
    Heb 3:4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.
    Heb 3:5 Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house, testifying to what would be said in the future.
    Heb 3:6 But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

common men honor is not glory ,and what glory would God have to built his own house if you say Christ is God ,

when you base yourself on a lie (the trinity) all your understanding is mix up not coherent , mysterious,and strange ,to say the least,

but definitively not in scriptures,and so not of God

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account