Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

God is love Nick, not a machine. Your son loves you with everything and you know it. You would deny him entrance into your house?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    We can compare scripture with scripture to find truth.
    It is a little more dicey to compare allegory with allegory and you might be out on a limb there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    I am not God and I do not think for God.

It is safer to keep our ideas about God to what we can show from scripture.

Many have stumbled over “God is love' and compared it with human love to the extent that some say that God could not let anyone be lost because He is love.

This is a hotbed for the development of false teaching.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,05:28)
    Hi kenrch,
    We can compare scripture with scripture to find truth.
    It is a little more dicey to compare allegory with allegory and you might be out on a limb there.

Not if you know the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit guides you to all truth. You know the word but not God. WOW! That's why the Holy Spirit is so important.

You can't see how the bread and the water are the same.
    Both are symbolic. How can you believe that the body and blood is symbolic but not the water of baptism?

They are the same!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.
    The Holy Spirit does not take you into uncharted waters but only back to the teaching of Christ.
    “He does not speak of His own initiative”
    No matter whether or not you believe baptism is only a symbol take the words of Peter in his first letter to heart too;

“Baptism saves you..”

Receiving communion saves nobody.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,05:44)
    Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.
    The Holy Spirit does not take you into uncharted waters but only back to the teaching of Christ.
    No matter whether or not you believe baptism is only a symbol take the words of Peter in his first letter to heart too;

“Baptism saves you..”

If you believe that water saves you then you don't need Jesus.
    You need to go to mass and recieve the supposed body and blood of Christ.

kenrch
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.

“Baptism saves you..”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 16 2006,05:49)

Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.

“Baptism saves you..”

If I told you to go take a hike I suppose you would put your boots on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 16 2006,05:47)

Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.

“Baptism saves you..”

Hi Kenrch,
    It is not what I say that matters.
    These are the words of the Spirit of Christ written through Peter.
    I follow that Lord and his words are precious so do not attack them.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,06:08)

Quote (kenrch @ June 16 2006,05:47)

Hi kenrch,
    Test the spirits.

“Baptism saves you..”

Hi Kenrch,
    It is not what I say that matters.
    These are the words of the Spirit of Christ written through Peter.
    I follow that Lord and his words are precious so do not attack them.

Where am I attacking the Word of God? The Spirit guides you into all truth. Did you put your boots on? Why not? Was it because something told you that is not what I ment.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Does scripture lie? It's alright to be wrong we all are there is only one who is never wrong and He's not in flesh walking on earth.

I love you Nick!!! God loves you!!! Please pray. I know I will.
    Good night

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    we cannot break any scripture including 1 Peter 3.
    Remember the attitude of the eunuch.
    “Look!There is water! What prevents me from being baptised?”
    and what Paul was told.
    ” Why do you delay?”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,06:24)
    Hi kenrch,
    we cannot break any scripture including 1 Peter 3.
    Remember the attitude of the eunuch.
    “Look!There is water! What prevents me from being baptised?”
    and what Paul was told.
    ” Why do you delay?”

Nick,
    I believe that you should get baptized IF possible just as I believe you should receive the bread as the spiritual body of Christ.
    It is spiritual! The bible is a spiritual book, written by the Holy Spirit. Unless you have the Holy Spirit then you cannot understand a spiritual book.
    The bible is not a college text book written by worldly scholars. You may as well go to a “Bible College” and “learn how to preach”. Do you think that they hand out the Holy Spirit at graduation.

They are taught all the definations of all the words and some require you to learn Greek. But I have met some of whom have recieved the Holy Spirit after college and just forgot all that trash they taught him. Live by the Spirit. Be led by the Spirit. Learn by the Spirit.
    1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which “man's wisdom teacheth”, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; “comparing spiritual things with spiritual”.
    1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
    1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
    1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2Ti 2:14 Remind others about these things, and warn them in the sight of God not to argue over words. Arguing does not do any good but only destroys those who are listening.

Do you understand what the above scriptures are saying? Spirit, Spirit, Spirit!!

Are you of sound mind? Why do I delay what?

The fact is that YOU would not let your son in your home if he were not dunked in water no matter if he repented and asked you for forgiveness.
    Do you really expect the Holy Father to do the same? I wander did the prodigal son get baptized before his father took him back?

Sir you cannot have the love and thereby the Holy Spirit of God.

What does 1Peter 3 have to do with baptism and salvation?

Nick did I read somewhere that you were once a JWs?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    It is folly to study man and then to design your God according to those human parameters.
    Is 55.8f
    “My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    nor are your ways My ways.
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are My ways higher than your ways,
    and My thoughts higher than your thoughts”

Kenrch you say “Spirit, Spirit, Spirit”
    but what you teach is largely from the spirit of man.

You say that God would not do such and such, because you would not do so, and in so doing you are implying God is made in your image and not the reverse. You are fitting God into your idea of love and that is not the way we look at love.

The verse about delay was spoken to Paul telling him not to delay baptism in Acts 22.
    1Peter 3 says
    “Baptism saves you..”

I was never, and never will be a JW dear kenrch. I am finished with driving, striving attempts at saving my own soul by works. They are done for me and Jesus said that those who will try to save their own lives will lose them.

The baptism of blood saves you.

I posted you how many scriptures on this and you cannot not see. You cannnot see. You cannot not see. Remember these words Nick. For the Lord will bring them to your rememberance.

kenrch
    Participant

Nick

It is true of course that we are created in God's image which is exactly why we should act according to the Spirit that he gaves us AFTER Pentecost. The scriptures you quote are BEFORE Pentecost. Indeed if you don't have the Spirit then your thoughts CANNOT be as our Father. That is why you strive just as the Witnesses (which is why I thought you were one) to prove your gospel and doctrine.

You can't, no I should say WON'T, admit when you are wrong and in my view is most of the time. This is man's spirit which is Satan's spirit.
    You live and teach by your spirit, MAN's spirit. You search scriptures and because you use man's method that is your result man's teaching.
    Any intellect can search the definitions of words and come up with some kind of theory. But there are no egotistical intellects in the body of Christ. If there were everyone would WANT to be the brain instead of the foot.

The water in the river won't save you. Jesus was and everyone else back then baptized in a river or a natural body of water. The water you baptize in or most of the churches is chlorine bleached man made water. Is this not different water than the “NATURAL” water Jesus was baptized in.

Since water is so important to you “Why Don't You Do It Right”.
    There are cults who say just what I said may be you were once one of them.
    Really Nick think about it. Is this not logical according to your theory if no water then you are doomed. Well what if all this time you were telling people they Must (OR ELSE) be baptized but the Water that you teach is the WRONG kind of water he he he he lol!

Shouldn't the water be crystal clear. Hey may you got this water thing from the Catholics they have HOLY WATER. Isn't that the kind of water you would use. Should you not bless make the water holy so the WATER will cleans all the sins away!!! Ha Ha He He.
    Your theory is funny but you are not funny Nick you are superstitious and say everyone should be. That is what happens when you don't have the Holy Spirit.

Again Nick The bible was written by the Holy Spirit and it takes the Spirit to understand it, NOT MAN.
    Before you say it again I SAID THAT YOU SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER. And you should also take the bread at communion but IT IS NOT THE WATER NOR THE BREAD THAT IS HOLY. I don't say these things for your sake but for those who may be swayed to think like a JWs or a Nick Hassan.

I truly fear for you if you continue as you are!

You should come out of the “worldly” religion like the JWs and all the man made religions who the Holy Spirit has left.

You are right Your Ways Are Surely Not The Ways Of MY Father they cannot be you don't have the Father's Spirit. Your ways are the ways of your father the devil even Satan himself, Amen!

You are lost in your world of pride so much so I should fast and pray for you . But even if the demon is cast out you whouldn't want that to happen then the house would be clean for several more. Prayer won't help you. You have to want help. The Holy Spirit isn't going to bust in and throw out a spirit you want. No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws him (John 6:44).

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 17 2006,15:33)
    The baptism of blood saves you.

Hi H,
    Where are these words “baptism of blood” shown in the bible?

Jesus had to receive” another baptism” in Lk 12.50 but we are not required to literally follow that path. He is the sacrificial lamb.

Certainly we are saved because of the shedding of the blood of the Lamb and the sprinkling of that blood on us but these actions are not those of men but of God in response to our obedience to the command of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 17 2006,15:35)
    I posted you how many scriptures on this and you cannot not see. You cannnot see. You cannot not see. Remember these words Nick. For the Lord will bring them to your rememberance.

Hi H,
    Nor do we listen to the voice of a stranger but flee from such as them.

Sprinkling in the blood is not baptism in blood.

We have been purchased with his blood[[Acts 20.28]
    We have redemption through his blood[ Eph 1.7]

As the angel of death passed over the doorways sprinkled with the blood of the slain lamb at Passover so the blood of Christ is a propitiation for our sin and God “passed over the sins previously committed “[Rom 3.26f ]and thus in obedience to the command to be baptised in water we have forgiveness[Acts 2.38] in the blood of the Lamb.

And if God adjudges the vessel already clean by the washing of the Word [Jn 15.3]He shows that by Sovereign action as in Acts 10.

Heb 10.22
    ” having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience
    AND our bodies washed with pure water”

God's part AND our part of obedience

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 17 2006,15:50)
    Nick

It is true of course that we are created in God's image which is exactly why we should act according to the Spirit that he gaves us AFTER Pentecost.  The scriptures you quote are BEFORE Pentecost.  Indeed if you don't have the Spirit then your thoughts CANNOT be as our Father. That is why you strive just as the Witnesses (which is why I thought you were one) to prove your gospel and doctrine.

You can't, no I should say WON'T, admit when you are wrong and in my view is most of the time.  This is man's spirit which is Satan's spirit.
    You live and teach by your spirit, MAN's spirit.  You search scriptures and because you use man's method that is your result man's teaching.
    Any intellect can search the definitions of words and come up with some kind of theory.  But there are no egotistical intellects in the body of Christ.  If there were everyone would WANT to be the brain instead of the foot.

The water in the river won't save you.  Jesus was and everyone else back then baptized in a river or a natural body of water.  The water you baptize in or most of the churches is chlorine bleached man made water.  Is this not different water than the “NATURAL” water Jesus was baptized in.

Really Nick think about it.  Is this not logical according to your theory if no water then you are doomed.  Well what if all this time you were telling people they Must (OR ELSE) be baptized but the Water that you teach is the WRONG kind of water he he he he lol!

Shouldn't the water be crystal clear.  Hey may you got this water thing from the Catholics they have HOLY WATER.  Isn't that the kind of water you would use. Should you not bless make the water holy so the WATER will cleans all the sins away!!! Ha Ha He He.
    Your theory is funny but you are not funny Nick you are superstitious and say everyone should be.  That is what happens when you don't have the Holy Spirit.  

Again Nick The bible was written by the Holy Spirit and it takes the Spirit to understand it, NOT MAN.
    Before you say it again I SAID THAT YOU SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER.  And you should also take the bread at communion but IT IS NOT THE WATER NOR THE BREAD THAT IS HOLY.  I don't say these things for your sake but for those who may be swayed to think like a JWs or a Nick Hassan.

You should come out of the “worldly” religion like the JWs and all the man made religions who the Holy Spirit has left.

You are right Your Ways Are Surely Not The Ways Of MY Father they cannot be you don't have the Father's Spirit.  Your ways are the ways of your father the devil even Satan himself, Amen!

You are lost in your world of pride so much so I should fast and pray for you .  But even if the demon is cast out you whouldn't want that to happen then the house would be clean for several more.  Prayer won't help you.  You have to want help.  The Holy Spirit isn't going to bust in and throw out a spirit you want.  No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws him (John 6:44).

Hi Kenrch,
    Keep on firing the insults as they do no harm to me but make sure you are not targetting the Spirit who helps me.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2006,20:46)

Quote (kenrch @ June 17 2006,15:50)
    Nick

It is true of course that we are created in God's image which is exactly why we should act according to the Spirit that he gaves us AFTER Pentecost.  The scriptures you quote are BEFORE Pentecost.  Indeed if you don't have the Spirit then your thoughts CANNOT be as our Father. That is why you strive just as the Witnesses (which is why I thought you were one) to prove your gospel and doctrine.

You can't, no I should say WON'T, admit when you are wrong and in my view is most of the time.  This is man's spirit which is Satan's spirit.
    You live and teach by your spirit, MAN's spirit.  You search scriptures and because you use man's method that is your result man's teaching.
    Any intellect can search the definitions of words and come up with some kind of theory.  But there are no egotistical intellects in the body of Christ.  If there were everyone would WANT to be the brain instead of the foot.

The water in the river won't save you.  Jesus was and everyone else back then baptized in a river or a natural body of water.  The water you baptize in or most of the churches is chlorine bleached man made water.  Is this not different water than the “NATURAL” water Jesus was baptized in.

Really Nick think about it.  Is this not logical according to your theory if no water then you are doomed.  Well what if all this time you were telling people they Must (OR ELSE) be baptized but the Water that you teach is the WRONG kind of water he he he he lol!

Shouldn't the water be crystal clear.  Hey may you got this water thing from the Catholics they have HOLY WATER.  Isn't that the kind of water you would use. Should you not bless make the water holy so the WATER will cleans all the sins away!!! Ha Ha He He.
    Your theory is funny but you are not funny Nick you are superstitious and say everyone should be.  That is what happens when you don't have the Holy Spirit.  

Before you say it again I SAID THAT YOU SHOULD BE BAPTIZED IN WATER.  And you should also take the bread at communion but IT IS NOT THE WATER NOR THE BREAD THAT IS HOLY.  I don't say these things for your sake but for those who may be swayed to think like a JWs or a Nick Hassan.

You are right Your Ways Are Surely Not The Ways Of MY Father they cannot be you don't have the Father's Spirit.  Your ways are the ways of your father the devil even Satan himself, Amen!

You are lost in your world of pride so much so I should fast and pray for you .  But even if the demon is cast out you whouldn't want that to happen then the house would be clean for several more.  Prayer won't help you.  You have to want help.  The Holy Spirit isn't going to bust in and throw out a spirit you want.  No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws him (John 6:44).

Hi Kenrch,
    Keep on firing the insults as they do no harm to me but make sure you are not targetting the Spirit who helps me.

You ddn't like the natural water thing? I thought it was true and funny?

Maybe you should ask that spirit you have to give you answers instead of words of wisdom if that's what they are?

The spirit you have I have encountered before “it's just a spirit that puffs people up”. Makes them think their never wrong. What's sad about you Nick is that you like that spirit. You want to keep that spirit of pride that tells you your never wrong.

May be it's me may be I expect too much from you or may be your simply not called by the Father to Jesus which would mean you are of the other guy the father of pride.

You really should pray Nicky. Please pray that the Holy Spirit come and get rid of that spirit of pride that you have.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account