Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author

That is why it is called faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You have no idea what I have experienced but continue to presume.

When will we see the freedom of the Spirit blossoming in your life?
    When will we see the mind of Christ?
    When will we see the love you say you know?

First start with the foundations shown in Hebrews 6.1f amd on to 2Peter 1f

We are in a total rebuild situation under the instructions of the Builder so looking back to experiences only shows where we have been and it is where we go from here that matters. We must walk while the light is with us, not build monuments to our experiences.

Nick,
    You say you know what it is to be saved, you continue to misuse scripture. That is why it is unclear where you stand in the faith. You insist you must have the water baptism to be saved and that is purely untrue. I have shown you time and time again you are wrong. Although it is important that we should recieve the water baptism, one will not lose his salvation if he were to die without recieving it. Do you think if a person does not recieve water baptism that they will lose their salvation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    If you agree it is the right thing to do to be baptised in water that why be contentious and try to create division because you believe you have superior knowledge about it?
    Surely this is not the way of the Prince of Peace?

You are missing the point Nick. You claim that you must be baptized by water to be saved. That is false doctrine. It is for this reason I have been in debate with you. I have not been in disagreement that we should be baptized by water. It was a very memorable time in my life when I had it done. The point I am trying to get accross to you and this is so very, very important is a man must be saved first before being baptized by water or else the water baptism means nothing. A man who is baptized by water and is not saved enters the water a sinner and comes out of the water a sinner.

The baptism is symbolic of the grave and rebirth. Entering the water is symbolic to dying to your self will and rising from the water is being born a new creature in Christ.

Yes we should be baptized by water but we will not lose our salvation if we don't. But what born again believer would not want or not have the desire to be baptized?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It is teaching in accord with the Word and with the example of the disciples of Christ as shown in Acts.
    Therein is obedience.
    The work is of God.

My suggestion is that it is much more dangerous to deny the need for water baptism to those following Christ.

Such matters taught may lead to the promised millstone around the neck.

You argue on this issue, not with me, but with Peter and Paul and Philip and even Jesus himself.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,03:54)
    Hi H,
    It is teaching in accord with the Word and with the example of the disciples of Christ as shown in Acts.
    Therein is obedience.
    The work is of God.

My suggestion is that it is much more dangerous to deny the need for water baptism to those following Christ.

You argue on this issue, not with me, but with Peter and Paul and Philip and even Jesus himself.

Nick the point is if a person is pouring out his heart to Jesus he will want to be baptized. But what if , for whatever reason, he would die before he was baptized would he not be saved?

The book is spiritual. If it isn't then the catholics are right with the body and blood. Jesus said unless you eat my body and drink my blood you would be damed. But He is speaking spiritually (John 6:63).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    We are not in “what if” mode. God has made the path to follow plain and if men would not muddy the water then more could see it. God knows who will respond. He provides the opportunities and the grace to respond. End of story.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,04:07)
    Hi Kenrch,
    We are not in “what if” mode. God has made the path to follow plain and if men would not muddy the water then more could see it. God knows who will respond. He provides the opportunities and the grace to respond. End of story.

Why can't you just address the scriptures I gave. If I'm supposed to learn from you then show where is the scripture wrong?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,03:54)
    Hi H,
    Therein is obedience.
    The work is of God.

——

Nick the point is if a person is pouring out his heart to Jesus he will want to be baptized.  But what if , for whatever reason, he would die before he was baptized would he not be saved?

The book is spiritual.  If it isn't then the catholics are right with the body and blood.  Jesus said unless you eat my body and drink my blood you would be damed.  But He is speaking spiritually (John 6:63).

————–
    It's not HOW MUCH GOD YOU HAVE It's HOW MUCH OF YOU DOES GOD HAVE  
    ————-
    Hi Kenrch,

————–
    Test all things. Hold fast to what is good  

——————————————————————————–

Nick,
    Why can't you just address the scriptures I gave.  If I'm supposed to learn from you then show where is the scripture wrong?

kenrch
    Participant

Why can't you just address the scriptures I gave. If I'm supposed to learn from you then show where is the scripture wrong?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Who said I was your teacher?
    The Spirit should be and through Scripture.
    Where does scripture say anyone, anywhere can pour out their heart to Jesus and he is listening?
    He lives in his branches and not outside of them on earth.
    He is not living in the catholic bread and wine as you say but the Word is the real food.

Repentance is what opens the heart. It is the admission of our futility and helplessness and the ploughing under of all the sin and false doctrines and false baptisms and evil lies we have received to receive anew forgiveness from God and a clean conscience, to the joy of the angels, in the waters of baptism.

“Unless you repent you will all likewise perish”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    I see no scriptures to address in your post. Where are they so I can address them?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,04:41)
    Hi Kenrch,
    I see no scriptures to address in your post. Where are they so I can address them?

The Catholics claim that Jesus means to litterly eat His Body and drink His Blood. In John chapter 6: 63 Jesus explains that he was speaking of spiritual things.
    But the catholics say they change the bread to the body of Christ and people do eat the body.

If a person's heart is right but is not able to be baptized then you say he will not be saved because he was not baptized.

That person is already baptized Spiritually just as the body and blood is spiritual.

Does not God know men's hearts! The book is spiritual just as the communion of our Lord is spiritual. That is the “MODE” I'm in.

You say things then run before anyone answers or say things like: we are not in that mode.

If I am to learn then why do you run.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The catholics believe they receive Jesus's body and blood when they go to communion. They think that partaking of that bread and wine and obedience to the church saves them as long as they live good lives. They save the leftover bread and wine and put it in a box they call the tabernacle and they say Jesus lives in there. Since they believe in the trinity they also believe God lives in that box in every church all over the world. They go into their buildings any time to pray to God in their church building.

As you say they missed the verse in Jn 6.63 that said the Words he spoke to them were Spirit and life and that he, as the Word, was the eternal food for man.

So how does that relate to baptism?

Does it relate that if you wanted to get baptised but couldn't God would save you?

Who knows and I for one will not speculate about God's ways.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,05:04)
    Hi,
    The catholics believe they receive Jesus body and blood when they go to communion. They think that partaking of that bread and wine and obedience to the church saves them as long as they live good lives. They save the leftover bread and wine and put it in a box they call the tabernacle and they say Jesus lives in there. Since they believe in the trinity they also believe God lives in that box in every church all over the world. They go into their buildings any time to pray to God in their church building.

As you say they missed the verse in Jn 6.63 that said the Words he spoke to them were Spirit and life and that he, as the Word, was the eternal food for man.

So how does that relate to baptism?

Does it relate that if you wanted to get baptised but couldn't God would save you?

Who knows and I for one will not speculate about God's ways.

You know not the heart of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    You sound as though you do and you will show us, without presumption, from scripture then what God would do in this hypothetical situation?

Nothing is hypothetical to God.
    He knows what will happen and makes sure it does.
    That is all we need to know and the rest is obedience.

kenrch
    Participant

Nick if you believed with everything you are that Jesus is the son of God and somehow were not able to be baptized with water then you wouldn't be saved?

If that is the case then the catholics are right. Because with the spirit you believed in Christ. The water does nothing period. It is the spirit the heart of the person. Not the water!

It is the belief the faith that Jesus died not the bread and wine. The water for baptism and the bread for the body are both just symbols.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You are welcome to the knowledge expert role.

I just tell you what the bible says we must do.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2006,05:19)
    Hi,
    You are welcome to the knowledge expert role.

I just tell you what the bible says we must do.

That's your answer?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account