Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jefe,

Faith is the motivating force behind all the steps with Christ.
    Faith leads to conviction and the yearning for salvation.
    Faith leads us to seek out those means to a right relationship with God.
    Faith leads to the search for knowledge.
    Faith leads to obedience to that knowledge.
    Faith makes us want to abide in the Word.
    Faith finds something good and wants more.
    Faith leads to an entreaty to God for His Spirit.
    Faith underlies all of salvation and thus saves us.

But faith does not make unnecessary any other of these steps.
    Even demons believe.

Dear Jefe Gordo,

It is by faith we are saved. It is a matter of the heart. Water does not save us. Water baptism is done as a symbolism of the death and resurrection of Jesus. When we enter the water, it is like the grave. When we come out of the water, it is symbolic of the resurrection.

These people who claim that you must have the water baptism to be saved are not correct. Brother, common sense tells us that cannot be true. The thief on the cross for one was not baptized and what about the countless others who had every intention of being baptized, but died before being baptized by water. Will they go to hell because they did not recieve the water baptism? God forbid. The post I posted above proves beyond all doubt that being saved is by believing in Jesus with all of your heart. Acts 10:44-48 The Gentiles believed and were saved. They were then filled with the Holy Spirit. Then then went out and got the water baptism. But, they were saved even before they recieved the water baptism. Otherwise they could not have been filled with the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The thief on the cross received the promise of paradise before the death of Jesus. The temple curtain of the flesh of Jesus was not torn till he died and thus the thief was still under the old covenant. So it is unrelated to salvation under the way of Jesus. No one could be baptised into Jesus before he had died.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You keep making assumptions and going beyond what is revealed without acknowledging that it is your opinion. We are warned not to go beyond the teachings of Christ so take care.

Nick, what is paradise if not Christ Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Is that what scripture reveals or is that a wild assumption?

Nick, we you do not get born again, you cannot get baptized into Christ. It is he who has the power to save you. You must believe in him.

The power is in the blood. Not the water. His blood washes away your sins. The water doesn't wash away your sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Stay with what is written and show us these things then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 15 2006,22:12)
    Nick, we you do not get born again, you cannot get baptized into Christ. It is he who has the power to save you. You must believe in him.

Hi H,

Gal 3.27
    “All of you who have been baptised into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ”
    Coll 2.12
    “having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were raised up with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead”

Nick, you just don't seem to understand. The blood that he shed. This same blood is the blood that is used to clean all sin away for all who ask. It is the baptism in blood that bring us into Christ and makes us clean. Water can not make us clean. The very last verse says it all. If you cannot see that it is the blood of Jesus that cleanses us into fellowship with eachother.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we will be saved from God's wrath through him.

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 9:22 According to the law, nearly everything is cleansed with blood, and apart from shedding of blood there is no remission.

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    God sprinkles men with the blood of the Lamb.
    We do not see this.
    We just do as we are told in the visible world and leave the work of God to God.

And that is what saves us.

Nick, I don't know about you, but when I was washed in the blood, I knew beyond all doubt I was born again, saved. My conversion was so powerful. Did you experience this Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Experiences are wonderful. But they do not form a true basis for doctrine as Coll 2.18 shows.
    Relying on experiences can lead men from the way of truth revealed by the Spirit in the Word.

Sorry Nick, but when the experience pertains to salvation, you could not be further from the truth. This is why you don't have any understanding. You have evidently not been saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Then show me where scripture says being born again is an experience.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Here is one scripture. How can you say you know God and not know this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I will try again but first read shows nothing of experience, only fact. Any others?

If I have to tell you, that means you have never experienced it. If you have never experienced it, you need to. It is the power of God. It is the circumcision of the heart. Nick, it was the most wonderful moment in my life. I was filled with his love. My entire outlook on live was changed. Nothing has ever been the same. Just like it says in the scriptures.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account