Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 30 2008,16:22)
    Dk……..the Spirit of God both defends us and accuses us. Thats how we grow to understand spiritual truths.

peace………..gene

Gen. Did you not tell me before that you were in the W.W.Church of God? If so were you not Baptized? As a member all do get Baptized in time. And I can say that after I was Baptized things happened with me, which before did not. I believe that we receive the Holy Spirit and then can understand the things of God. Before I believe God gives us enough to come out of the world, but when the Minister lays hands on you, it makes a difference.
    So don't you believe that most do get Baptized?
    Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (supergeek14 @ July 01 2008,08:19)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:10)
    OK, Supergeek, whatever you say.  But it is helpful to broaden your view on things and the world.  You don't have to buy what you are writing and proving, but it would help you to see another side of the issue.  So many times that is exactly what is lacking in folks who will not budge from a belief – even if the belief can be proven wrong.  Good luck and again, I'm so encouraged by your zeal for the Lord.

:)
    Mandy

Mandy,

If someone could prove me wrong I would change but since no one has yet to do this I have no reason to change. Perhaps you know a verse or two that says baptism isn't needed for salvation. If so I would be glad to see them.

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

The thing is, I have reviewed your threads and I do believe people have given you good verses and arguments, but you do not see their points of view as valid. I do, however see that water baptism is not essential for salvation.

Question: what if a child believes in Jesus but then dies before he or she can be water baptized? What becomes of them?

Not3in1
    Participant

OK, Supergeek, whatever you say.  But it is helpful to broaden your view on things and the world.  You don't have to buy what you are writing and proving, but it would help you to see another side of the issue.  So many times that is exactly what is lacking in folks who will not budge from a belief – even if the belief can be proven wrong.  Good luck and again, I'm so encouraged by your zeal for the Lord.

Mandy

Mandy,

If someone could prove me wrong I would change but since no one has yet to do this I have no reason to change. Perhaps you know a verse or two that says baptism isn't needed for salvation. If so I would be glad to see them.

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

The thing is, I have reviewed your threads and I do believe people have given you good verses and arguments, but you do not see their points of view as valid. I do, however see that water baptism is not essential for salvation.

Question: what if a child believes in Jesus but then dies before he or she can be water baptized? What becomes of them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Do you think we should alter the gospel because of weaknesses we think we have found in it?
    God is merciful to save many outside of the way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Do you think we should alter the gospel because of weaknesses we think we have found in it?

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:49)

OK, Supergeek, whatever you say. But it is helpful to broaden your view on things and the world. You don't have to buy what you are writing and proving, but it would help you to see another side of the issue. So many times that is exactly what is lacking in folks who will not budge from a belief – even if the belief can be proven wrong. Good luck and again, I'm so encouraged by your zeal for the Lord.

Mandy

Mandy,

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

We are not to judge. That would be a matter for GOD to deal with. I believe since he/she had the intent to be baptized but was unable to be before he/she died he/she would be saved.

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:49)

OK, Supergeek, whatever you say. But it is helpful to broaden your view on things and the world. You don't have to buy what you are writing and proving, but it would help you to see another side of the issue. So many times that is exactly what is lacking in folks who will not budge from a belief – even if the belief can be proven wrong. Good luck and again, I'm so encouraged by your zeal for the Lord.

Mandy

Mandy,

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

We are not to judge. That would be a matter for GOD to deal with. I believe since he/she had the intent to be baptized but was unable to be before he/she died he/she would be saved.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,08:57)
    Hi not3,

Alter it? No.

But I do believe that when certain ones have come to conclusions based on their interpretation of that gospel, and there comes a time when they can see that there is potentially something wrong with their interpretation (i.e., water baptism being necessary for salvation and a child dying before they are able to be baptized), then their INTERPRETATION should be revisited, not the gospel altered.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it? No.

But I do believe that when certain ones have come to conclusions based on their interpretation of that gospel, and there comes a time when they can see that there is potentially something wrong with their interpretation (i.e., water baptism being necessary for salvation and a child dying before they are able to be baptized), then their INTERPRETATION should be revisited, not the gospel altered.

Not3in1
    Participant

Have to run to baseball practice – I'll be back later tonight. Good discussions today!

Not3in1
    Participant

Have to run to baseball practice – I'll be back later tonight. Good discussions today!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,10:57)

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

Hi not3,
    We should obey
    and leave the rest to God should we not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

Hi not3,
    We should obey

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:03)

Hi not3,

Alter it? No.

Hi not3,
    We should obey

Yes we Should. It is up to GOD what happens in the end is it not???

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

supergeek14
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:03)

Hi not3,

Alter it? No.

Hi not3,
    We should obey

Yes we Should. It is up to GOD what happens in the end is it not???

May GOD be with you,
    Adam

charity
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

yep, I would hate to think what would happen to one of us if there was no self-elected minister to baptise us! while we are dying in the middle of desert on a very hot day, after our plane had experienced wing damage and came down for an emergencies landing, In which God had speared our live just a little longer so we can be tormented by the insanity of Johns gospal

Yep Keep hitting those home runners.

charity
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

yep, I would hate to think what would happen to one of us if there was no self-elected minister to baptise us! while we are dying in the middle of desert on a very hot day, after our plane had experienced wing damage and came down for an emergencies landing, In which God had speared our live just a little longer so we can be tormented by the insanity of Johns gospal

Yep Keep hitting those home runners.

charity
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

Time wasting isn't it Mandy,
    the words in the bible don't ever need altering, the words will always be the same yesterday today and tomorrow, so stupid , nobodies changing words here, people are able to create and change the meanings to suit! I see Insane Logic even is struggles to see that bit?
    And every body wants to be right now, except for a few of us that really don’t mind, but greatly desire the truth.

charity

charity
    Participant

Hi not3,

Alter it?  No.

Time wasting isn't it Mandy,
    the words in the bible don't ever need altering, the words will always be the same yesterday today and tomorrow, so stupid , nobodies changing words here, people are able to create and change the meanings to suit! I see Insane Logic even is struggles to see that bit?
    And every body wants to be right now, except for a few of us that really don’t mind, but greatly desire the truth.

charity

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ July 01 2008,13:47)

:;):
    Love ya, sis!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account