Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JG,
    The book of Ephesians, like all the letters of the apostles, was written only to the saved who will wake into the glorious millenial kingdom of Jesus. It was not written to those of the world who are as yet outside of that kingdom.
    Eph 1. 1
    “Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, TO THE SAINTS WHO ARE IN EPHESUS, AND WHO ARE FAITHFUL IN CHRIST JESUS..”
    So speaking of their salavtion they have been given by the grace of God in Christ Jesus what is written is true. The promise of the first resurrection applies only to the saved. That is why Hebrews 4 pleads with us to be sure of being in that day and why Paul was told in Acts 22 .16;

” Why do you delay? Arise, be baptised and wash away your sins calling on his name”

You can find other promises of the mercy of God in the bible and I am sure far more will be saved in the second resurrection by their works as shown in Matt 25.32 f.

Eph 2.8f does not apply to their mercy salvation as they are outside of the WAY.

The thief on the cross was still under the Old Covenant and the Son clearly forgave him as he had authority to do. Where is the location of paradise in the bible?

Dear jbl,

My youngest son and I were reading the bible and praying. He asked to be baptized. I baptized him in our bathtub. I baptized him in the name of Jesus. The important thing is a person must be saved first before being baptized, for it is not baptism that saves us, but faith in Christ. You must believe with all of your heart that Jesus is the Son of God.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

The point I was trying to make is you can be baptized by any believer. The important thing is one must be saved first. Yet, there have been people who were saved during water baptism and this is what brought about religions claiming water baptism is what saves us. Also, there have been people who have recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit while recieving water baptism. What is all comes down to is faith.

I, myself was born again at the age of 15. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit around the age of twenty and some months later, I recieved the baptism of water. I believe it has allot to do with faith and more importantly, the will of God.

Nick, is a man born again before death or after death?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    We heve been saved
    We are saved
    We will be saved.

Are all scriptural truths.

We receive the downpayment in that salvation now with the Spirit
    We have to work out our salvation in fear and trembling.
    We rise into our new body to receive the fulness of the blessing.

Let me put it this way. Is being born again and being saved the same thing in your opinion?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It is possible for the branch to be cut off the vine, and the wedding guest to be thrown out and the tree that does not produce good fruit to be chopped down but to see and enter the kingdom we must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Jefe Gordo
    Participant

Nick,
    Thank you. Another excellent, biblical response. Where is the location of paradise in the bible? I'm not exactly sure. Abraham's bosum in Luke's account of the rich man and Lazarus? I guess I'm wondering if you think there will be divisions in heaven. I think that we will be rewarded according to what we do but do you think there will be a distinct division between those taken up in the first resurrection and those from the second. Will those not baptized miss out on the millenium and then be blended in with the rest (provided God's mercy allows them entry at the great judgement)?

Please forgive my ignorance on some of these issues. Sadly much of the discussion on these forums is new to me even though it appears very scriptural. This is a crude little scenario but…suppose I have accepted that I need to be baptized to take part in the first resurrection and gain eternal life in its fullest. I have repented and have faith. I make arrangements to meet a godly leader to be baptized but am killed in a car wreck on the way there. Do I now miss out on the millenial period? The scenario may be an oversimplification but I'm trying to clarify your stance. You defend your positions beautifully with scripture so I want to gain a clear understanding. Thanks Nick.

God Bless

You evaded my question. I am beginning to question your sincerity. Is a man born again before physical death or after? Please answer with a simple yes or no. I will give you an explaination why once I get your reply. You will find it interestimg.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jefe Gordo @ June 09 2006,01:00)
    Nick,
    Thank you. Another excellent, biblical response. Where is the location of paradise in the bible? I'm not exactly sure. Abraham's bosum in Luke's account of the rich man and Lazarus? I guess I'm wondering if you think there will be divisions in heaven. I think that we will be rewarded according to what we do but do you think there will be a distinct division between those taken up in the first resurrection and those from the second. Will those not baptized miss out on the millenium and then be blended in with the rest (provided God's mercy allows them entry at the great judgement)?

Please forgive my ignorance on some of these issues. Sadly much of the discussion on these forums is new to me even though it appears very scriptural. This is a crude little scenario but…suppose I have accepted that I need to be baptized to take part in the first resurrection and gain eternal life in its fullest. I have repented and have faith. I make arrangements to meet a godly leader to be baptized but am killed in a car wreck on the way there. Do I now miss out on the millenial period? The scenario may be an oversimplification but I'm trying to clarify your stance. You defend your positions beautifully with scripture so I want to gain a clear understanding. Thanks Nick.

God Bless

Hi and thanks for recognising the work of God done through this servant,
    I agree it may be Abaraham's bosom. The term appears three times in the bible in different ways and I would like to understand more too.
    If you are following the will of God He will have angels on watch to make sure you are enabled to obey. After the millenial kingdom there will be no divisions between those who have been through it and those who have not as far as I know.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 09 2006,01:01)
    You evaded my question. I am beginning to question your sincerity. Is a man born again before physical death or after? Please answer with a simple yes or no. I will give you an explaination why once I get your reply. You will find it interestimg.

Hi H,
    Then why not show us now?

NickHassan
    Participant

amen.

There are some in a group who believe that you are not born again until you are dead. I thought that was how the JW believed. These people also said it was the devil that fell and not man. That is when I realized it was new age.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 09 2006,01:31)
    There are some in a group who believe that you are not born again until you are dead. I thought that was how the JW believed. These people also said it was the devil that fell and not man. That is when I realized it was new age.

Hi H,
    We are given the downpayment of the Spirit as a sign we are reborn and to be raised by that Spirit. That Spirit teaches us and shows us things and reminds us of the words of Jesus and uses us in God's timing to give a word in season.

Being born again and being saved is the same thing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    No. Those who are saved through the sheep and goat judgement after the second resurrection are saved by the mercy of God outside of the usual way surely?

Nick, there is only one way to be saved, and that is through the son.

NickHassan
    Participant

true. They are judged to be sheep but without passing through the gate.

Are you referring to the rightious dead?
    If you are, that is why Jesus went into the lower parts and preached to the spirits.

I love talking with you bother.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account