Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 13 2010,06:36)

Quote (Laurel @ May 13 2010,05:30)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 13 2010,02:46)
    Irene……..You have it right , where does it say the Apostles were re-baptized after the Day of Pentecost When they recieved the Holy Spirit from GOD, Or where does it say they were ever baptized in the name of Christ in water. They had only had the baptism of John the Baptist. It is the baptism of the Spirit that counts , the baptism of Christ with Spirit and Fire. IMO

Peace and love to you and Georg………………………….gene

They only were baptised with the Spirit because they were AT THE FEAST OF SHAVOUT, exactly where Yahshua Messiah told them to be. The right place at the right time, according to Torah!

So take that Ha Satan!

Laurel!   You are judging without a cause.  The only judge is going to be God and not you or anyone else.  If you want to go by the Old Covenant which is the Torah and more, then do so, but don't expect others to follow you when we have a much better understanding of the New Covenant.  I know you want to do away with Luke and said that is not the New Covenant, but Luke was an eye Witness and it is Jesus saying what the New Covenant is.  If you want to ignore that, that is up to you, but to judge us because we want to do the right thing, as far as I am concerned, is wrong…..Ha Satan is all around us and maybe you need to look in the mirror…..because if you judge so will God.  Paul tells us so many things which you want to ignore….Join the Jews they believe the same thing.  And make sure to keep the whole Law, all of it.  Galatian 5 read it…..Irene

Look Irene if you don't attatch yourself to the Torah, then you are detached from the Messiah. And who said i was judging anyone? It is the Torah that judges, and you should know that, to save your soul from eternal separation from YHWH ELohim.

I will repeat, when the deciples were baptized with the Set-apart Spirit of YHWH ELohim, it is because they were at the Temple, Solomon's Porch, EXACTLY where Yahushua Messiah commanded them to be on the High Sabbath of SHavout, or Pentecost in English.

They kept the Sabbath after the Messiah was assended to His ABBA! I keep the Sabbath, so i know it. You should keep the Sabbath or remain in the dark, and woe to them who follow after man and not ELohim, who will be asleep on the Last Great Day, and shut out from the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.

Do you know where you will be on that day?
    I do. I will be celebrating His return just like i was commanded in the Torah, i will be ready and waiting with plenty of oil in my lamp, and wearing my white garments.

I already got my invitation, and i know exactly where to be and when.

How? Because i am a child of the light and not of the dark so that that day will not overtake me as a theif.

This is serious stuff, i jope you figure it out before it is too late!

I follow the Messiah, not the man-made religous false doctrines and the wolves in sheeps clothing. My Master pleases my ABBA, and made it possible for me to do the same.

Who is your Master? Yourself? Some guy in a robe who calls himself righteous, who teaches CONTRARY to the Messiah, His deciples, and the Torah of Elohim? SOme guy who changed the Sabbath from Day 6 at sunset to early in the morning on Day 1?

Who has the authority to change YHWH's Appointed Time?

NO MAN!

Has YHWH changed?

Pro 24:21 My son (daughter), fear יהוה and the sovereign; Do not mingle with those who change;
    Pro 24:22 For their calamity arises suddenly, And who knows the ruin of both of them?

Mal 3:5 “And I shall draw near to you for right-ruling. And I shall be a swift witness against the practisers of witchcraft, and against adulterers, and against them that swear to falsehood, and against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages and widows and the fatherless, and those who turn away a sojourner and do not fear Me,” said יהוה of hosts.
    Mal 3:6 “For I am יהוה, I shall not change, and you, O sons of Yaʽaqoḇ, shall not come to an end.

Isa 46:8 “Remember this, and show yourselves men; turn it back, you transgressors.
    Isa 46:9 “Remember the former events of old, for I am Ěl, and there is no one else – Elohim, and there is no one like Me,
    Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from of old that which has not yet been done, saying, ‘My counsel does stand, and all My delight I do,ʼ
    Isa 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man who executes My counsel, from a distant land. Indeed I have spoken it, I also bring it to pass. I have planned it, I also do it.
    Isa 46:12 “Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, who are far from righteousness:
    Isa 46:13 “I shall bring My righteousness near, it is not far off, and My deliverance, it is not delayed. And I shall give deliverance in Tsiyon, My esteem to Yisraʼĕl.

You should believe the ENTIRE Book, not just the bits and pieces that fit YOUR agenda. That is how the Word gets twisted.

Laurel
    Participant

Yahushua Messiah ONLY came for The Lost Sheep of the House of Yisra'el. No one else! You want to see Him, then join yourself to Yisra'el. There is no other way. Twelve gats, twelve pearls, on Kingdom. On every gate to the Kingdom is a name, and those are the Names of the 12 Tribes of YISRA”EL.

Come out of her My people, and live!

Laurel
    Participant

Wow do i mispell a lot. Sorry for that. I said ONE KINGDOM and 12 GATES.:p

PS Irene, you still have not shown me your covenant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    To be joined with true Israel you must be reborn into the son of David.
    You must be reborn of water and the Spirit and let go of the schoolmaster's hand.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 15 2010,09:27)

Hi Laurel!

I'm curious

are you anyway Jewish? or are u part of a domination of christianity?

The Hebrew words really are powerful.
    gives you a better grasp of scripture

Im learning Hebrew, I can read and spell out some words.. but im still having a hard time trying to translate words…. there are just some words you cant translate.

Its like spanish.
    Just the same.

do you know it?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Oh, yes I have, AND IT IS NOT MY COVENANT, IT IS ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE WHICH YOU WANT TO DENY……when you do that you deny what Jesus is saying in Luke 22:20 I repeat:” ….”THIS IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD, WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.
    Jesus also magnified the Law and made it spiritual. You can not keep the Law or the Torah which are the five Books of the Old Testament. There is no way. You are denying Jesus dead and resurrection because you want to keep the Old Covenant listed in Exodus 34. And as far as the Sabbath is, we never were under that comment. It is a sign between the Children of Israel and God. Read it with an open mind. Exodus 31 :16-17.
    Jesus gave us the Great Commandment in
    Math. 22:37-40
    Now I have given all of this for the second or third time. And You say it is false…..Good luck to you, you need it….and stop criticizing or one day, you should know what,, I am not going to spell it out to you….Irene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 15 2010,13:29)
    Hi L,
    To be joined with true Israel you must be reborn into the son of David.
    You must be reborn of water and the Spirit and let go of the schoolmaster's hand.

But My School Master is a JEW!

WHat do you say to that?

The Son of David was a Jew!

The Son of David IS the School Master.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 15 2010,08:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2010,13:51)
    Hi Irene,
    Baptism is water baptism.
    Baptism of another kind is specified.

The kind that you are talking about is what John did?  Since Jesus we now get Baptized in the name of :” The Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”  Like I said in my previous post in Acts 2:38 it is twofold we are forgiven of our Sins and we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Again you did not give any Scripture, are you stiring the pot, like my Husbnd says??????
    Irene

Show me one single account of any person being baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Spirit.

Only the name YAHUSHUA was necessary.

And yes, we are supposed to be mikvah'd in water first, it is all about repentance when we are baptized in water.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 15 2010,18:22)

Hi Laurel!

I'm curious

are you anyway Jewish? or are u part of a domination of christianity?

The Hebrew words really are powerful.
    gives you a better grasp of scripture

Im learning Hebrew, I can read and spell out some words.. but im still having a hard time trying to translate words…. there are just some words you cant translate.

Its like spanish.  
    Just the same.  

do you know it?

Shalom to you.
    The only association i have with the Tribe of is through the Messiah and whom ever follows Him.

Hebrew is the “original language” not just of the Torah and the majority of the Messianic Writings, but it is also the “chosen language.”

It was the language before the tower of Babel was destroyed, and it will be tha only language in the Kingdom of Heaven.

A few years ago i decided i needed to learn the language of YHWH Elohim, as His Name as well as His Son's Name are Hebrew.

I too have found English to be an obsecure language, like a veil, creating darkness on the Words of YHWH Elohim. I love the Hebrew language. It is so intimate and complex, while much simpler than English in many ways.

Keep on learning Scripture from the Hebrew language and you will be blessed for learning it.

As for me, i am graffed into Yisra'el through Ya'acob, then Yoseph and possibly Ephrayim, but i prefer to stop at Yoseph, as he is the one i can most easily identify my own life with.

When i go to the promised land i believe i will find my house near the Ephrayimites, on the sea, near Yapha Gate.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 16 2010,14:57)

Hi Irene,

The kind that you are talking about is what John did?  Since Jesus we now get Baptized in the name of :” The Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”  Like I said in my previous post in Acts 2:38 it is twofold we are forgiven of our Sins and we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Again you did not give any Scripture, are you stiring the pot, like my Husbnd says??????
    Irene

Show me one single account of any person being baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Spirit.

And yes, we are supposed to be mikvah'd in water first, it is all about repentance when we are baptized in water.

Laurel! Are Jesus words good enough for you?????!!!!
    Math. 28 :18 Then Jesus came and spoke to them saying:”A;; Authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on Earth.
    verse 19 “Go therefore make disciples of all the nations baptizing them, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Or is Math. wrong too like you say about Luke……. have you been baptized yet…..
    Irene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 16 2010,10:27)

Oh, yes I have, AND IT IS NOT MY COVENANT, IT IS ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE WHICH YOU WANT TO DENY……when you do that you deny what Jesus is saying in  Luke 22:20  I repeat:” ….”THIS IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,  WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.
    Jesus also magnified the Law and made it spiritual.  You can not keep the Law or the Torah which are the five Books of the Old Testament.  There is no way.  You are denying Jesus dead and resurrection because you want to keep the Old Covenant listed in Exodus 34. And as far as the Sabbath is, we never were under that comment.  It is a sign between the Children of Israel and God.  Read it with an open mind.  Exodus 31 :16-17.
    Jesus gave us the Great Commandment in
    Math. 22:37-40  
    Now I have given all of this for the second or third time.  And You say it is false…..Good luck to you, you need it….and stop criticizing or one day, you should know what,, I am not going to spell it out to you….Irene

Irene,
    You are missing the point. Yes it is the blood shed of the Messiah but what of it? Where is the Ketubah, the written agreement that you are in agreement with, the words you agree to to be a part of the covenant agreement. You see it is like a contract. The blood is a symbol of the covenant or should i say it was a requirement of the covenant on the part of the Messiah, but what is it that you are covenanting?

Where are the words?

If it is not your covenant then so be it, that means you are not a part of what ever it is, which is why you don't know what you are agreeing to. Makes sense to me.

Lastly you are a liar because ALL things are possible with Elohim and here is some Scripture from the TeNaK and the Brit Chodesh to PROOVE what I AM saying.

Deu 30:10 if you obey the voice of יהוה your Elohim, to guard His commands and His laws which are written in this Book of the Torah, if you turn back to יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being.
    Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
    Deu 30:12 “It is not in the heavens, to say, ‘Who shall ascend into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?ʼ
    Deu 30:13 “Nor is it beyond the sea, to say, ‘Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?ʼ
    Deu 30:14 “For the Word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart – to do it.

Joh 14:15 “If you love Me, you shall guard My commands.

According to you Irene it is impossible for you to love Him then. Don't worry your not alone. I hear most christian's teach the same thing, so in this way they can make excuses for why they don't guard the Torah.

As fo the Sabbath, it was established thousands of years before Yisra'el was even born! It was established at creation. Which Bible are you studying? Not the one i use obviously, because mine speaks of the Sabbath being established in Genesis chapter two.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their array.
    Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day Elohim completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
    Gen 2:3 And Elohim blessed the seventh day and set it apart, because on it He rested from all His work which Elohim in creating had made.

What does your say??????????????????????????????????????

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 16 2010,15:23)

Quote (Laurel @ May 16 2010,14:57)

Hi Irene,

Irene

Laurel! Are Jesus words good enough for you?????!!!!
    Math. 28 :18  Then Jesus came and spoke to them saying:”A;; Authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on Earth.
    verse 19 “Go therefore make disciples of all the nations baptizing them, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Or is Math. wrong too like you say about Luke……. have you been baptized yet…..
    Irene

Irene look at all the places where it was recorded where people were baptized. Not in one single instance did any one ever get baptized that way.

PS there are some old translations that do not contain those words. Looks like the Father and Spirit were ADDED by some man/god person, like a Constantine or Hitler type.

It does not JIVE with any of the other verses relating to baptisim either. They were all baptized in the Name of YAHUSHUA, who's name means YHWH is Salvation. Can you believe that?

Laurel
    Participant

Irene if i am stirring the pot it is because broth will only get you so far. The path is long and the gate is narrow and there are few who find it. You will need some meat and veggies for your journey. Is there any in this pot?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 16 2010,15:36)
    Irene if i am stirring the pot it is because broth will only get you so far. The path is long and the gate is narrow and there are few who find it. You will need some meat and veggies for your journey. Is there any in this pot?

Maybe you need to understand what Jesus is saying. To all the nations, that includes us. You are so wrapped up in the Old Covenant that you don't see the New. Listen to Jesus. Not with a closed mind, but open. My Ancestors come from Germany, I was born in Germany and yours are from Europe. Unless you are an Indian…..They all come from one tribe…. Adam and Eve. You obviously cannot understand what is being said…. Where the Apostles not Jew's too. They all kept the New Covenant after Jesus introduced them to it. You have no leg to stand on… I agree that the path is narrow, Jesus magnified the Law and that is not easy. Just your thinking can get you in trouble. Now let me see. Do you keep the days of Unleavened Bread and better get some new dishes for that. And when you have your mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwell better read up on what you are to do with the Old. That is why we have the New, because with keeping the Old Covenant Law no one will make it…I am sure you don't believe in grace either……That”s all my friend I hate to debate with someone that cannot understand the smallest statement Jesus made…..
    go debate with Nick, He has more patience….. Irene

Laurel
    Participant

Act 2:38 And Kĕpha said to them, “Repent, and let each one of you be immersed in the Name of יהושע Messiah for the forgiveness of sins. And you shall receive the gift of the Set-apart Spirit.

Act 8:12 And when they believed Philip as he brought the Good News about the reign of Elohim and the Name of יהושע Messiah, both men and women were immersed.

Act 8:14 And when the emissaries who were at Yerushalayim heard that Shomeron had received the Word of Elohim, they sent Kĕpha and Yoḥanan to them,
    Act 8:15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them to receive the Set-apart Spirit,
    Act 8:16 for He had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been immersed in the Name of the Master יהושע.

Act 19:4 And Shaʼul said, “Yoḥanan indeed immersed with an immersion of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe in the One who is coming after him, that is, in Messiah יהושע.”
    Act 19:5 And when they heard this, they were immersed in the Name of the Master יהושע.
    Act 19:6 And when Shaʼul had laid hands on them, the Set-apart Spirit came upon them, and they were speaking in tongues and prophesying.

Rom 6:1 What, then, shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, to let favour increase?
    Rom 6:2 Let it not be! How shall we who died to sin1 still live in it? Footnote: 1See Rom. 8:13, Col. 3:3, 1 Peter 2:24.
    Rom 6:3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were immersed into Messiah יהושע were immersed into His death?
    Rom 6:4 We were therefore buried with Him through immersion into death, that as Messiah was raised from the dead by the esteem of the Father, so also we should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5 For if we have come to be grown together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also of the resurrection,
    Rom 6:6 knowing this, that our old man was impaled with Him, so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, to serve sin no longer.
    Rom 6:7 For he who has died has been made right from sin.
    Rom 6:8 And if we died with Messiah, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
    Rom 6:9 knowing that Messiah, having been raised from the dead, dies no more – death no longer rules over Him.
    Rom 6:10 For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to Elohim.
    Rom 6:11 So you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to Elohim in Messiah יהושע our Master.
    Rom 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, to obey it in its desires,
    Rom 6:13 neither present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to Elohim as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to Elohim.
    Rom 6:14 For sin shall not rule over you, for you are not under the law but under favour.
    Rom 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under Torah but under favour? Let it not be!

See Irene, we should keep and guard the Torah because we are saved, not in order to save, which would be in vain, since salvation comes before obedience, always has and always will.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 16 2010,15:56)

Quote (Laurel @ May 16 2010,15:36)

Maybe you need to understand what Jesus is saying.  To all the nations, that includes us.   You are so wrapped up in the Old Covenant that you don't see the New.  Listen to Jesus.  Not with a closed mind, but open.  My Ancestors come from Germany, I was born in Germany and yours are from Europe.  Unless you are an Indian…..They all come from one tribe…. Adam and Eve.  You obviously cannot understand what is being said…. Where the Apostles not Jew's too.  They all kept the New Covenant after Jesus introduced them to it.  You have no leg to stand on… I agree that the path is narrow, Jesus magnified the Law and that is not easy.  Just your thinking can get you in trouble.  Now let me see.  Do you keep the days of Unleavened Bread and better get some new dishes for that.  And when you have your mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwell better read up on what you are to do with the Old.  That is why we have the New, because with keeping the Old Covenant Law no one  will make it…I am sure you don't believe in grace either……That”s all my friend I hate to debate with someone that cannot understand the smallest statement Jesus made…..
    go debate with Nick, He has more patience….. Irene

Well if i thought Je_us was the Christ i would be as confused as you are, but i know His Name is truely Yahuhsua, and that He was 100% flesh, and that He was born of a virgin, and that He died because of the sins of mankind, and that He taught me to keep the Torah.

He YAHUSHUA MESSIAH took the curse of the adulterous bride, so that i could live again as a renewed being, and enter the renewed covenant where the TORAH is written on my fleshy heart TO DO IT, because YHWH can not take back the adultrerous bride, there had to be a “death” of the “covenanted one” to fulfill to curse of the covenant.

See Irene you don't even know why Yahushua died. You know it was because men who were already entered the covenant broke it, and He was the only way they could return!

Good grief Irene, you speak about things you have no comprehension of because you are under a different covenant and “another gospel.” Not the one that the Messiah taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi L,
    Jesus fulfilled Torah.
    Have you not been joined with his victory yet?

Now the sons of God are led by the Spirit.[Rom8]

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 16 2010,14:12)
    Shalom to you.
    The only association i have with the Tribe of is through the Messiah and whom ever follows Him.

Hebrew is the “original language” not just of the Torah and the majority of the Messianic Writings, but it is also the “chosen language.”

It was the language before the tower of Babel was destroyed, and it will be tha only language in the Kingdom of Heaven.

A few years ago i decided i needed to learn the language of YHWH Elohim, as His Name as well as His Son's Name are Hebrew.

I too have found English to be an obsecure language, like a veil, creating darkness on the Words of YHWH Elohim. I love the Hebrew language. It is so intimate and complex, while much simpler than English in many ways.

Keep on learning Scripture from the Hebrew language and you will be blessed for learning it.

As for me, i am graffed into Yisra'el through Ya'acob, then Yoseph and possibly Ephrayim, but i prefer to stop at Yoseph, as he is the one i can most easily identify my own life with.

When i go to the promised land i believe i will find my house near the Ephrayimites, on the sea, near Yapha Gate.

Peace to you as well!

Shalom!

Tribe? i believe its many tribes. usually refferred as dominations.

I agree, i Love Hebrew. it as really helped me in my studys of the term “Perfection” of God.
    Im still having trouble understanding words, because no one speaks hebrew where i live.

any suggestions you can make to learn it more effectivly?
    did you learn modern hebrew or biblical?

English is a chaning language. I find it deceitful, words constantly change, and to many things can describe the degree of a simple word or the same thing, depending on the intent of the individual not circumstance.

I didnt understand what you meant by the graffed part of your response, but i will nod and smile as i read it.

question did i translate this right?

ani ahaba atenna- is that correct? in transliteration of hebrew to common alphabets.

God bless you!
    Elohim barach atenna (is that correct lol)

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 16 2010,18:53)
    Hi L,
    Jesus fulfilled Torah.

Yes, Nick you are so right, but will Laurel believe you? I have been gone and I am Arnold now which is my Grandfathers name. You know how funny this was? First it told me that they could not find an account with that members name. Then when I registered sgain it told me that they already had a member by that name…..funny…..
    Irene :D :D

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ May 22 2010,06:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 16 2010,18:53)
    Hi L,
    Jesus fulfilled Torah.

Yes, Nick you are so right, but will Laurel believe you?  I have been gone and I am Arnold now which is my Grandfathers name.  You know how funny this was?  First it told me that they could not find an account with that members name.  Then when I registered sgain it told me that they already had a member by that name…..funny…..
    Irene :D  :D

Till Heaven and earth pass not one yood nor one flourish will pass from the Torah till ALL is fulfilled.

Has heaven and earth passed? I guess i missed it!

Fulfilled does not mean to put an end to else there would be no need for a Savior. Understand?

You need the Torah to define sin, else how can you repent of what you know not of?

Try keeping the commands and see for yourself why you need a Savior, or you can just sit back and watch like it like a TV and you are just an observer. I prefer to put on my sandals, pick up my execution stake and follow my Master Yahushua the True Messiah.

Try to follow in His footsteps, like you are supposed to do if you are a genuine believer. Or you can continue pretending like everyone else!

The word fulfill means to give full meaning, so get over it!

Viewing 20 posts - 2,441 through 2,460 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account