Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Mar. 23 2010,22:58)
    the name of Jesus (Yeshua).

Hi Igorwulff,

JESUS

The Hebrew word [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă merely means ‘He will save’. Distancing [יה]’s salvation from the man Jesus
    is a rejection of YÄ-shoe-ă=74 as Messiah=74. This subtle distinction of [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă purposely substituted
    for [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă usually goes unnoticed when heard by a non Hebrew-speaking person; nevertheless, this
    wholly implies a specific denial of Jesus as Lord and Savior. Jesus being found in fashion as a man, humbled himself,
    and became obedient unto death, even His death on the cross [†]. (Phil. 2:8) Along with Jesus, either the phrase
    | יהשוע הנצרי מלך היהוםדי | or the acronym of it was posted on a plaque and nailed to the Cross=74.
    This Hebrew inscription means|YÄ shü ă of Nazareth the king of the Jews|. YÄ-shü-ă means:
    “YÄ will save” because “YÄ is YHVH”=117 and “YHVH is GOD”=117. Which means: GOD the Father
    is both Christ’s Savior (Gal. 1:1) and ours. (1Cor. 6:14) “GOD the Father”=117 “is” “The Savior”=117.

JESUS REAL NAME

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name is not vocalized
    in the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew
    יהשוע means:
    (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of “GOD the Father”=117.
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

I tend to believe there is no “formula”. Jesus was merely instucting his student to baptise new students in his authority. His authority is not seperate that the father's.

I have to study more about the authority of the Holy Spirit to say what the situation is there but from the common rendering of Matthew 28:19 it would apear that its authority is derived from God.

If that scripture is in doubt then I do no offhand remember any scripture which states whether or not the Holy Spirit has any authority. One exception might possibly be where Jesus testifies of the comming of the Holy Spirit in John. I certainly will need to look into that when God directs me to.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2010,23:29)
    I tend to believe there is no “formula”.  Jesus was merely instucting his student to baptise new students in his authority.   His authority is not seperate that the father's.  

I have to study more about the authority of the Holy Spirit to say what the situation is there but from the common rendering of Matthew 28:19 it would apear that its authority is derived from God.  

If that scripture is in doubt then I do no offhand remember any scripture which states whether or not the Holy Spirit has any authority.  One exception might possibly be where Jesus testifies of the comming of the Holy Spirit in John.   I certainly will need to look into that when God directs me to.

KW

look at this

Absolute proof Matthew 28:19 has been corrupted by trinitarians
    Trinitarians have sinned against Jesus Christ
    For putting words in the Bible HE NEVER SAID

By Dr. G. Reckart, Apostolic Theological Bible College

For over 20 years I have predicted the time would come when evidence would prove that the words “of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” were added to Matthew's original Gospel. It did not make sense to me for baptism to be in the name of the one who died and was resurrected in Romans 6 and the Father and Holy Ghost had to be mentioned in baptism. I could not reconcile why the Apostles ignored Matthew 28:19 as it now exist in our KJV Bible and instead baptized in the name of Jesus Christ only. Yes, in baptism they were “JESUS ONLY.” No one can find any other baptism in the New Testament. No one can deny there is then ONE BAPTISM when reference is made to the New Testament mikvah. Now we have the evidence and the trinity world is in for a massive shaking.

It was known by the Catholic Church that the Jews had preserved a copy of the original Gospel of Matthew in the Hebrew language. How this was preserved and handed down we do not know. In fact, it does not matter. It exists and that is proof enough that God wanted it preserved. There have been many attempts to destroy the crediability of this very valuable Hebrew Gospel for obvious reasons. It is the only existing manuscript that proves Matthew 28:19 did not originally contain the trinitarian baptismal formula. Catholics and Protestants have no other reason to cast doubt on the validity of this manuscript. Claims that it is spurious are of course self-serving to trinitarians. Such denials make Jesus say what he did not say. This of itself is an abomination. It is a sin to make Jesus say a trinitarian baptismal formula and put into his mouth their trinitarian godhead doctrine fabricated at Nicaea in 325AD. Now that this manuscript is known among the Apostolic Oneness, we will promote the fact that the Catholic Church has willingly lied about Matthew 28:19 and the Catholics in general (including the Eastern Orthodox) have lied to the world. Everyone who was baptized with this false baptism has died lost and without salvation, deceived by the Catholic Church. This damnation of millions is the greatest doctrinal deception ever placed upon the human mind. If those in trinitarianism do not flee from this perversion and be rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ, they accept their damnation of having no salvation in that false baptism. It is because of this finding that many Evangelicals now claim baptism is not essential to salvation and a person can be saved without it. This Baptist false doctrine was developed when their scholars discovered the trinity baptismal formula was not in the original Hebrew Gospel of Matthew. Interesting that a false doctrine could be birthed based upon what is not in the Bible, rather then what is in the Bible. Trinitarians hid the knowledge of this Hebrew Gospel from the Oneness Apostolics. But God made it possible that through a Baptist scholar, the truth about the missing trinitarian baptismal formula would be published.

In 1995 Dr. George Howard translated a copy of Shem Tov's Matthew Hebrew Gospel. You may purchase a copy of “Hebrew Gospel of Matthew” from many sources. You can look at the evidence for yourself. For the first time in modern history the text of Matthew 28:19 from this Hebrew Gospel text is being posted on the internet. I am the first to post this text. I am sure others will steal my image files and go make their own page. That's ok, but at least have the fairness to tell me you are taking it. At least tell me you are going to make a page. At least give me credit for being the first to post it.

Please note that in verse 19 there is no trinitarian formula.
    This is ABSOLUTE proof the trinity was fraudulently added to this text Shem Tov's Hebrew Matthew Gospel
    Matthew 28:9-20

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

The so called trinitary formula in Matthew 28:16 is possibly older than the idea of trinitarianism.  I will have to do reasearch to see if that is the case and it is not I priority as I do not see that as supporting trinitarianism.  Calling it a formalla in fact smacks of legalism.  It is faith that saves one and not some words said when the individual is baptized.

The Shem Tov is a mideval manuscript that was obtained from a Jewish physician and also contains his comments.   It may be from a line of Hebrew language manuscripts that remained in the Jewish community but we do not have that line.  There are other Jewish manuscripts but they also have their own problems.  The Gospel of the Hebrews is known to have existed but we lack any manuscripts but we do have a few quotations by the so called early church fathers.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2010,06:29)
    topical

nick

the new Jerusalem is in heaven she will in time come down from heaven ,and were ever she is landing it will be Jerusalem.

that will be the city of god.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The book of Acts reveals true baptism at least 17 times-in the name of Jesus.
    Of course it is useless without repentance as Simon Majus demonstrated.
    The angels rejoice when a man repents-all must repent.[Acts 17]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 20 2010,08:51)
    Hi,

nick

like this one?Ac 17:4 Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and not a few prominent women

kerwin
    Participant

Here is two simple questions.

Did the apostles baptize believers in water after the spirit came at Pentecost? If so then what was their purpose?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 22 2010,05:00)
    Here is two simple questions.  

Did the apostles baptize believers in water after the spirit came at Pentecost?  If so then what was their purpose?

KW

answer my question first did they circumcise after??

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 20 2010,11:16)

Hi,

nick

like this one?Ac 17:4 Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and not a few prominent women

Hi T,
    That is enough for you?

I suppose you did not note the many baptisms?
    So many claim to know more than the anointed apostles.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,07:12)

Quote (terraricca @ April 20 2010,11:16)

Hi,

nick

Hi T,
    That is enough for you?

I suppose you did not note the many baptisms?
    So many claim to know more than the anointed apostles.

nick

tell me in whom name do we as Christians should be baptised and that baptism is of water or spirit?

an custom is not a truth.tradition are not truths.general acceptance is not truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Rebirth is of water in the name of Jesus and of the Spirit.[Acts 19]

terraricca
    Participant

nick

you do not understand scriptures;;(Paul),He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
    Ac 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.not water.

unless ,there are two water baptism ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    As Acts 19 shows you thee are two water baptisms.
    That of John and that of Jesus.

As the eunuch said to Philip
    “Here is water. What is to prevent me from being baptised?”

Note the priority of God-the eunuch was not said to have hands laid on him for the baptism in the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,08:28)
    Hi T,
    As Acts 19 shows you thee are two water baptisms.
    That of John and that of Jesus.

As the eunuch said to Philip
    “Here is water. What is to prevent me from being baptised?”

Note the priority of God-the eunuch was not said to have hands laid on him for the baptism in the Spirit.

nick

were you get your info i do not know;
    here is mine;;Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with,
    Mk 11:30 John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or from men? Tell me!”
    Lk 3:3 He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
    Lk 12:50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed!
    Lk 20:4 John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or from men?”
    Ac 1:22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
    Ac 10:37 You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—
    Ac 13:24 Before the coming of Jesus, John preached repentance and baptism to all the people of Israel.
    Ac 18:25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John.
    Ac 19:3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
    “John’s baptism,” they replied.
    Ac 19:4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
    Ro 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
    Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
    Col 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.
    1Pe 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You are not as confused as you try to make out.
    So will you obey?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,08:46)
    Hi T,
    You are not as confused as you try to make out.
    So will you obey?

nick

could you spell it out for me what you mean

So will you obey?what this mean???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You should know from scripture.
    If scripture cannot reach you we waste our time.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2010,09:23)
    Hi T,
    You should know from scripture.
    If scripture cannot reach you we waste our time.

well said Nick,did you learn anything,??

but how can you ? your religion,dogma,tradition,misunderstanding,all play a role in your views.

the baptism of Christ is ;from the day you have heard the word until your dead you will show God your good conscience and then if you die it is in the baptism of Christ ,you must stay faithful until the end even in your own dead.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account