Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Nick where did you go. What happened? You haven't explained those scriptures Nick. Those scriptures are pertinent to our discussion. Don't run and hide. Follow the right spirit and repent. I don't enjoy doing this!

Repent and recieve the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Is there any point in throwing pearls before swine?
    Or giving anything to you if you only intend to mock?

If you cannot hear the Spirit in what I offer then let you feet take you to where you can learn. Clearly you are wasting you time asking. I can give you nothing useful it seems. You think you are replete.

Nick, we stand on the word of God. We believe every word that proceedth from the mouth of God. You claim you have the spirit of God yet your doctrine is contrary to the word of God so your spirit cannot be the Holy Spirit given from God in heaven who's son is Jesus Christ. So what spirit are you listening to?

kenrch
    Participant

Brothers and sisters this man Nick Hassan is teaching false doctrine. You see how he refuses to answer questions you have seen him how he runs from the truth. And believes he is never wrong I submit to you that this man Nick Hassan is following the wrong spirit and has ample timeS to repent but refuses to do so.
    It is my view that we follow scripture:

Mat 18:16 But if he hear thee not, take with thee one or two more, that at the mouth of two witnesses or three every word may be established.
    Mat 18:17 And if he refuse to hear them, tell it unto the church: and if he refuse to hear the church also, let him be unto thee as the Gentile and the publican.
    Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, what things soever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and what things soever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 18 2006,00:59)
    Nick, we stand on the word of God. We believe every word that proceedth from the mouth of God. You claim you have the spirit of God yet  your doctrine is contrary to the word of God so your spirit cannot be the Holy Spirit given from God in heaven who's son is Jesus Christ. So what spirit are you listening to?

Hi H,
    No you stand only upon a translation of the Word and thus do not know the Spirit of the Word.

Nick, it takes one to know one. And what that means is you are born again, the word of God is now spiritual. When you are born again, you have the Holy Spirit in you and when you read God's word, you are now looking through spiritual eyes and the words are spiritual. It is like a man who can't see until he gets a pair of glasses.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    If you had spiritual eyes and ears could you not see and hear the words of God in any version of the bible?

Why do you think I stand against the other bible translations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Pharisees and lawyers remained blind and deaf to the words of God spoken through Christ because they had not submitted to the plan of God that they be water baptised by John.[Lk 7.30]

Naaman the Syrian also did not receive the healing through Elisha from God till he obeyed and bathed in the Waters.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

They rejected the councel of God against themselves. How, by not receiving the baptism of John. Is this the same baptism of water in the name of Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It is a type surely of the blindness that is removed when those who are born again of water and the Spirit. They can then see the kingdom of God. God's wisdom is vindicated again.

First a man is born of water,physical birth, then he is born again in the spirit, then he can enter into the kingdom of heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Physical birth is not of water in scripture.

You must agree because I asked you to show me such evidence and you seemimgly have found none.

Since you have no such evidence then perhaps you should reconsider your teaching here as it is false.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2006,00:51)
    Hi kenrch,
    Is there any point in throwing pearls before swine?
    Or giving anything to you if you only intend to mock?

If you cannot hear the Spirit in what I offer then let you feet take you to where you can learn. Clearly you are wasting you time asking. I can give you nothing useful it seems. You think you are replete.

Nick I asked for answers to what you thought these scriptures mean.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

But I received a run around. I explained that those scriptures were pertinent to the discussion. If you have no answers then just say so and may be we could ask someone else or start another thread to find out the meaning of those scriptures. I believe what they mean but you are the “administrator” and should be able to at the very least give your Idea of what they mean and WHY.
    Instead as so many times before you show your rudeness and just ignore the question. Is this what Christian brothers do?
    I would get better answers from an heathen. At least they would tell me something they didn't know or I wouldn't understand or just lie. But you are rude and say nothing then “as so many times before” you run as if to get away from answering WHY? Running away from the question does nothing for your reparation as a man of God much less a teacher! When you do such things anyone would have to wander if you are a Christian. Children of God should not ack worse than an heathen. YOU are the only one in this forum that does that, WHY? Everyone else has the decency to say something. Disagree explain why. Even explain why you don't have to answer! But they don't avoid the question as you have done over and over and over again! And not just with me but with other brothers as well.

You tell me that because you are the way you are I should leave because you don't have answers!?! This may be a surprise Nick! But you are not the only one in this forum with knowledge of the WORD. In fact I have learned from everyone but you. No! Nick I'm not going anywhere as long as there are some real christians in this forum.
    I have noticed since our last discussion you have shown humility. But you've did the same in the past only to come back later with the same attitude.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 19 2006,06:25)
    1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
    1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Hi kenrch,
    We clearly need to try to be patient with you because you must be very young. With this in mind here are my initial gleanings for your perusal;

God is spirit.
    We derive our life from the breath of God.
    We are made like unto God.
    We have a human spirit.
    The relationship between God and His Spirit is similar to our relationship with our spirit.
    Our spirit knows us and our heart.
    If we share the Spirit of God we can know the heart of God.
    We can know the fruit and the gifts of the Spirit of God given to us, by that Spirit.
    We can speak as from the heart of God.
    Only those who share that Spirit can grasp what we speak of the heart of God.
    The rest think we are fools.

Perhaps you can correct my ignorance.

Nick,
    Find a doctor and ask him if a man is born of water? If you cannot fathom this concept, which is common sense, how do you function in life? This is a scientific fact.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 19 2006,22:57)
    Nick,
    Find a doctor and ask him if a man is born of water? If you cannot fathom this concept, which is common sense, how do you function in life? This is a scientific fact.

Hi H,
    We are not a medical or scientific forum.
    Such wisdom is weak compared with scripture.
    No we ask you to show this from scripture.

Yet examine the words of our Lord.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I have searched my medical books and none speak of being born of water.

Now they do speak of the waters of childbirth but that is different.
    They are simply the fluids we are suspended in in utero.
    We are not born of them as they do not provide our origins but only our environment.

No we are born of woman as scripture says.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account