Imperfect church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Mar. 14 2010,16:28)
    I once found a perfect church, but then I joined it and it was no longer perfect.

:D  :D  :D
    That Church is not the Catholic Church that is for certain.
    That was funny, Wm.
    Now I want to talk to Mike.
    Since we were Catholics, I know much of that Church.  The Mass in particular is an abomination to God, to say the least.  Then the Cross,  It has Jesus on it.  What does the Commandment say about an image.  That Image should not be venerated or knelled in front of.  The Catholics do both.  One Lady once told me that She needs that Cross to pray in front.
    Then you have the Rosary and the Hail Maria.  All of that goes against the commandments.  Each our Father you pray is followed by a Hail Maria.  Maria is put on a same level then Christ.  Made even with Christ.  Not only is the trinity wrong also worship of Maria is wrong.  I just can't see how  you can say that you are any different then CA is, if you still belong to a Catholic Church.  I do know a good Priest who was our friend after we left the Catholic Church and I visited Him in His Apartment.  He had of course a cross hanging on His wall.  He said I need that cross to be reminded of Jesus.  There is so much that is wrong there.  At least they took all the pictures of the Saints down.  But are they still doing the Stations?  That along with the Rosary is my biggest concern about all the so called friends, I had.  Yes, former friends.   But the Priest friend died.  
    Mike if you really mean what you say, then my advice is leave that Church.  But of course its your Baby, not mine.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Mikeeangel wrote:

Jesus say, and this is from the NIV bible-16v17″blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”[/quote[

What was revealed to Peter?  Was it not that Jesus is the Anointed One.  It is all the teachings of the Anointed One that the gates of Hades will not overcome, which is to say the doctrine of Jesus.   Jesus stated the same things in other ways in other places.  Jesus for his own reasons often coached his teachings in esoteric terms and that may be what is confusing for some.

John 14:23, Matthew 28:20, John 3:36, John 4:14, John 5:40, and most likely many more.

kerwin
    Participant

Mikeeangel wrote:

Jesus say, and this is from the NIV bible-16v17″blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”

What was revealed to Peter?  Was it not that Jesus is the Anointed One.  It is all the teachings of the Anointed One that the gates of Hades will not overcome, which is to say the doctrine of Jesus.   Jesus stated the same things in other ways in other places.  Jesus for his own reasons often coached his teachings in esoteric terms and that may be what is confusing for some.

John 14:23, Matthew 28:20, John 3:36, John 4:14, John 5:40, and most likely many more.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………> both you and Mikeangel are wrong , The ROCK Jesus mentioned there is GOD the FATHER who has the POWER to OPEN up the Mind of Man and cause Him to understand the Truth and that is the (POWER) that Builds the Church. It was not Jesus or Peter that was the ROCK Mentioned there, But GOD ALONE>

“Peter who do you say i am , Peter responded you are the son of the living GOD, (BLESSED) are you Simon Barjona , (because flesh and blood) {Jesus was flesh and blood} did (not) reaveal that unto you, but my Father who is in heaven has reavealed it unto you, and I say your are Peter {Jesus had that ability to reconize who Peter was also} and upon (THIS ROCK) I shall build the Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.

What ROCK was that, It is the (POWER) of GOD the FATHER to get inside the MIND of PEOPLE and REAVEAL the TRUTH to THEM, AS HE DID PETER AND JESUS that is the power Jesus uses to build the Church. GOD The FATHER is the ROCK being Mentioned there. No one else.

When are you people going to start to understand ?

Peace and love……………….gene

mikeangel
    Participant

Whoa, I'm dazzed. I want down to the mat, but the count only got to 7, and I staggered to my feet and sat back down at my laptop. I want you all to know that I appriciate your input, I have  weighed all of the differant responses. First, I believe seeking the truth gave me the one I agree with the most. Noone is perfect. No church is perfect. One day that will change, but it isn't now. We can have differant opinions, but that isn't now. If you read all the things I posted to CA, you will find my point was that there is not a perfect church, even though he was implying that without the Catholic church and the eucharist there wasn't salvation. Now I have differant posters telling me I'm wrong and a liar and need to leave my church. To me that is as wrong as what he was implying. Please though, answer my question, and I'n not trying to say what CA was saying, but what organized church besides the Orthodox trace thier liniage back to Peter and Paul in Rome? Use factual historical verifyable sources. Also, I do not venerate crosses, or mary, or pictures. Tell me, honestly, are you saying I will go to hell for being Catholic? Also give me an example of the church you feel I should go. Love and peace.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2010,22:25)
    Mikeeangel wrote:

Jesus say, and this is from the NIV bible-16v17″blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”

Why did he say church? Why did he not say “on my doctrines”?

mikeangel
    Participant

O.K., I'm getting my feet under me. The blood is slowing down. My point is this. You say that the church has some false doctrines and teachings. Read my words, I'm saying you are right. One more time, I'm saying you are right. Me as an individual I was raised by my dad and mom this way and God commands me to honor them. I do have alot of the differances alot of you have stated , and I have written my bishop and stated my differances, and in my concience that puts the burden on him and the church. I also instead of leaving I pray very often that God either comes and brings his justice, or inspires them to repentance.After that, it's his call, and nothing is impossible for him. Until then I do not participate in anything that I have a problem with. Most of the things ya'll are mentioning,(mary, crosses, roserys etc) Are not required in this church. The leaders in this church and other christian churches are all misguided to a certain degree. If I were me I would leave the Judgement up to God. Godbless.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 15 2010,03:49)
    Kerwin………> both you and Mikeangel are wrong , The ROCK Jesus mentioned there is GOD the FATHER who has the POWER to OPEN up the Mind of Man and cause Him to understand the Truth and that is the (POWER) that Builds the Church. It was not Jesus or Peter that was the ROCK Mentioned there, But GOD ALONE>

“Peter who do you say i am , Peter responded you are the son of the living GOD, (BLESSED) are you Simon Barjona , (because flesh and blood) {Jesus was flesh and blood} did (not) reaveal that unto you, but my Father who is in heaven has reavealed it unto you, and I say your are Peter {Jesus had that ability to reconize who Peter was also} and upon (THIS ROCK) I shall build the Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.

What ROCK was that, It is the (POWER) of GOD the FATHER to get inside the MIND of PEOPLE and REAVEAL the TRUTH to THEM, AS HE DID PETER AND JESUS that is the power Jesus uses to build the Church.  GOD The FATHER is the ROCK being Mentioned there. No one else.

When are you people going to start to understand ?

Peace and love……………….gene

Gene! Tell me who is the Head of the Church? It is Christ. He is the rock, and not Peter, or our Heavenly Father. Christ is the Head of the Church. He will come again and marry His Bride the Church.. The Church is spiritual at this time…
    When He comes again He will claim His Church. Nowhere in Scriptures tells us that it is the Father.
    Let us look at this Scripture in
    Math. 16:18
    Even though it looks like it is Peter, however when you read Jesus says on that Rock I will built MY CHURCH. He says it is His Church and not Peter's Church. We really should all know that. Jesus said that He will come and marry His Church. In
    Ephesians 5:23 For the Husband is the head of the Wife, as also CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH; and He is the Savior of the body. It is so confusing to some because they don't know this Scripture.
    Clear to me…..
    We have to remember that our Heavenly Father has given Christ all the power that He needs to do the Fathers will. The Father is not coming down to earth as yet. Jesus will rule until all is done. Then He will give the kingdom back to His Father so God can be all in all. 1Corinth, 15:28.
    Peace adn Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Mikeangel,

You are assuming that “church” means and organized religion which is not the case.  Church is the assembly of the faithful which is to say those that watch their doctrine and life as Paul instructed Timothy. 1 Timothy 4:16.   An assembly of those who follow a false doctrine would not qualify as Jesus’ church.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 15 2010,09:01)
    Mikeangel,

You are assuming that “church” means and organized religion which is not the case.  Church is the assembly of the faithful which is to say those that watch their doctrine and life as Paul instructed Timothy. 1 Timothy 4:16.   An assembly of those who follow a false doctrine would not qualify as Jesus’ church.

Did you read my post.  Ephesians 5:23   The Head of the Church is Jesus.  And when He comes again He will marry His Bride the Church.
    Rev. 19:starting in verse 5
    Then the voice came from the Throne saying “Praise our God all you  His servants and those that fear Him, both small and great.
    verse 6 And I heard as it were, the voice of a great multitude as the sound of mighty thunders saying”Allelujah!  For the Lord God Omnipotend reigns.
    verse 7 “Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the mariage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”  
    You are right that no false doctrine will be in that Church.. All those that are members are righteous.  No trinity doctrine or abominations aloud….
    Praise the Lord of Lords and King of Kings…..Allelujah, Allelujah.  Amen and Amen
    Irene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 15 2010,04:50)
    O.K., I'm getting my feet under me. The blood is slowing down. My point is this. You say that the church has some false doctrines and teachings. Read my words, I'm saying you are right. One more time, I'm saying you are right. Me as an individual I was raised by my dad and mom this way and God commands me to honor them. I do have alot of the differances alot of you have stated , and I have written my bishop and stated my differances, and in my concience that puts the burden on him and the church. I also instead of leaving I pray very often that God either comes and brings his justice, or inspires them to repentance.After that, it's his call, and nothing is impossible for him. Until then I do not participate in anything that I have a problem with. Most of the things ya'll are mentioning,(mary, crosses, roserys etc) Are not required in this church. The leaders in this church and other christian churches are all misguided to a certain degree.  If I were me I would leave the Judgement up to God. Godbless.

Mike! How old are you? After you become 18 years old, you are responsible for your action. If you even go to the Catholic Church and particepate in the Mass it is an abomination to God. No more Sacrifice needed. The Mass is just that. Also you do say the Our Father and Hail Maria, are you not? Sorry if you stay there, you are just as responsible as the Bishop is….Come out of Her my people, Scriptures says….You go to a Catholic Church, I am shaking my head in unbelieve, how you can stay….You are not responsible for your Parents either. There is a Scripture in Math. that says if you love Mother, Father, Sister or Brother more then Me, you are not worthy of Me. And that is what you are doing. It is more important to you that you please your Parents then you do God.
    Good luck….Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 15 2010,09:01)
    Mikeangel,

Ok Kerwin, an assembly. In 1 Timothy, he gives instructions concerning overseers, deacons, and later elders, which he terms” church”.Also later in his letters he instructs the faithful to not absent themselves from assembling with other believers. Which “Assembly” would you suggest I go? Which one do you attend?

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 15 2010,13:12)

O.K., I'm getting my feet under me. The blood is slowing down. My point is this. You say that the church has some false doctrines and teachings. Read my words, I'm saying you are right. One more time, I'm saying you are right. Me as an individual I was raised by my dad and mom this way and God commands me to honor them. I do have alot of the differances alot of you have stated , and I have written my bishop and stated my differances, and in my concience that puts the burden on him and the church. I also instead of leaving I pray very often that God either comes and brings his justice, or inspires them to repentance.After that, it's his call, and nothing is impossible for him. Until then I do not participate in anything that I have a problem with. Most of the things ya'll are mentioning,(mary, crosses, roserys etc) Are not required in this church. The leaders in this church and other christian churches are all misguided to a certain degree.  If I were me I would leave the Judgement up to God. Godbless.

Mike!   How old are you?  After you become 18 years old, you are responsible for your action.  If you even go to the Catholic Church and particepate in the Mass it is an abomination to God.  No more Sacrifice needed.  The Mass is just that.  Also you do say the Our Father and Hail Maria, are you not?  Sorry if you stay there, you are just as responsible as the Bishop is….Come out of Her my people, Scriptures says….You go to a Catholic Church, I am shaking my head in unbelieve, how you can stay….You are not responsible for your Parents either.  There is a Scripture in Math. that says if you love Mother, Father, Sister or Brother more then Me, you are not worthy of Me.  And that is what you are doing.  It is more important to you that you please your Parents then you do God.
    Good luck….Irene

Same curious question to you georg, Which assembly do you attend? Godbless.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 15 2010,13:49)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 15 2010,13:12)

Mike!   How old are you?  After you become 18 years old, you are responsible for your action.  If you even go to the Catholic Church and particepate in the Mass it is an abomination to God.  No more Sacrifice needed.  The Mass is just that.  Also you do say the Our Father and Hail Maria, are you not?  Sorry if you stay there, you are just as responsible as the Bishop is….Come out of Her my people, Scriptures says….You go to a Catholic Church, I am shaking my head in unbelieve, how you can stay….You are not responsible for your Parents either.  There is a Scripture in Math. that says if you love Mother, Father, Sister or Brother more then Me, you are not worthy of Me.  And that is what you are doing.  It is more important to you that you please your Parents then you do God.
    Good luck….Irene

Same curious question to you georg, Which assembly do you attend? Godbless.

Again, Mike it is not Georg that made that post.  And you did not read it either, otherwise you would know that we don't belong to any organazation that believes in the trinity etc.  and especially not the Catholic Church…..Read the post  Mr.If you love Mother, Father, Sister of Brother more then Me you are not worthy of Me….Amen
    Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

There are many much worse things to concentrate than the RCC. What about the Gold Statue of Oscar in Hollywood? What about Harry Potter and all the sorcery? What about the 'shrines' to all the dead presidents on washington? What about “American Idol” , the name says it all. In my opinion, it would be better to concentrate on the non-attending people and showing non-believers true love then to argue who is wrong and false. Love conquers, critism jades and repels. New believers are turned away by this not drawn in, and by the way, if anyone new is reading this, I love you , Believe in Gods son, let him into your life, and know that not all christions argue like this. Timothy 6v20 “Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in doing so have wandered from the faith.” Love and peace-Me

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MA,
    Yes all those things you mention are of the world and irrelevant to following Jesus,
    including the false church.

Encouraging false fellowship is not our role.

Fellowship with the Father and the Son and with others in Christ in God's Spirit is relevant.[2Jn9]

karmarie
    Participant

Mike, God knows the heart of each and every one of us. Probably better than even we ourselves know ourselves! Go easy on yourself and others God knows you well. Know that you are treasured to Him:)

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 15 2010,14:26)
    Mike, God knows the heart of each and every one of us. Probably better than even we ourselves know ourselves! Go easy on yourself and others God knows you well. Know that you are treasured to Him:)

I know that , you too.  In 1983, getting out of high school, I couldn't imagine things getting worse. I can't believe how bad it has gotten. It gets to me now and then. I really didn't come on here to debate who is right or wrong, Just to share my views and opinions. I read a post from Catholic Apologist about him stating his belief that RCC was the only ones with grace, and to make my point with him I stated I was Catholic. Seems like I'm the main course in a feeding frensy now. Ibeallright. I had a good day anyway. I got up at 4,(which was 3 from the time change) and went downtown to help the episcopals cook breakfast for the homeless(I make killer buttermilk biscuits) Made church at my church by 830, Went to the gym afterward for coffee and specifically told a woman I can't stand a genuine good morning(Most churches have one, the old lady thats been there forever that acts as if she owns it), came home and waited for my wife to get out of her church(a major southern denomination differant than mine) took her to breakfast, compared both our messages we recieved, went home, got on the computer and got two black eyes and a bloody nose, recovered and went back for a “nap” wit my wife, and I'm finishing the day by getting on said computer and getting encouragement from another loving christian. Not bad at all. Bless God and Godbless. Love and peace to you-Me

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MA,
    CHURCH is a very popular comfort.
    Human religion soothes folk but do not ignore the message of Jesus.
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you.

The message of Peter at pentecost is still that invitation.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 15 2010,14:26)

Oh, no my friend . If you know how wrong things are in a particular Church and still participate with them, then you are part of their punishment. Not that I am judging anyone. Just in general. If I know that it is wrong and still do it, its twice as bad as if I did not know. But He does know and still stays. That to me is I am sorry a hypocrite to say the least. We here on Heaven Net know what that Church stands for. At least most do. The Word of God is special to me and when I see something so wrong I cringe…..To please Mom and Dad, what does Scripture say about that? If you honor Mother and Father, Sister or Brother more then Me, you are not worthy of Me. Who said that? I think you know…..Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account