If Jesus isn't God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

If Jesus isn't God what are we going to loose ?

Samuel
    Participant

Who can fully understand GOD?

I mean…people want to pin him down to being One Being…or Three Beings…or one being Manifested as Three beings…or Two beings or whatever…I've heard a lot of different views and opinions.

I do not understand why its such a big deal for people to try and figure out GOD.   When we can't.

All I know is that Jesus came from Heaven…the spirit…to the Flesh.   He had a divine nature, he took on the form of flesh and blood, humbled himself as a servant.  Gave himself as a pure lamb to be sacrificed for our sins.

When he rose …and Mary saw him…he said to not touch him…that he had not ascended to his father in this scripture:

John 20:17    
    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.

I've actually heard people translate the use of the word “Father” in this scripture as “Heaven”.

Ok…so…man…I'll tell ya…
    The word “Pater” here:
    1) generator or male ancestor

a) either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents

b) a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David

1) fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation

c) one advanced in years, a senior

2) metaph.

a) the originator and transmitter of anything

1) the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself

2) one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds

b) one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way

c) a title of honour

1) teachers, as those to whom pupils trace back the knowledge and training they have received

2) the members of the Sanhedrin, whose prerogative it was by virtue of the wisdom and experience in which they excelled, to take charge of the interests of others

3) God is called the Father

a) of the stars, the heavenly luminaries, because he is their creator, upholder, ruler

b) of all rational and intelligent beings, whether angels or men, because he is their creator, preserver, guardian and protector

1) of spiritual beings and of all men

c) of Christians, as those who through Christ have been exalted to a specially close and intimate relationship with God, and who no longer dread him as a stern judge of sinners, but revere him as their reconciled and loving Father

d) the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature

1) by Jesus Christ himself

2) by the apostles

I really have to be honest here.   I do not see anything of the root word here being translated as “Heaven”  or a place.

People can't understand GOD.   The Apostolic believe that GOD is one GOD…I believe that GOD is one GOD.

They are right there is only ONE GOD the Father.   He is above all GODS.

They state that Jesus is this same GOD.  Jesus states himself that he and the Father are ONE.

I heard a preacher preaching one time and say that when you get to heaven your not going to see a little Jesus on the throne sitting on the right hand of the Father.

Ok…I'm having a hard time with that one due to what the scripture says here:
    Mark 14:62    
    And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

And here:

Matthew 26:64    
    Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

And here:
    Acts 7
    55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

So you are telling me that …Jesus did not know what he was talking about?   Your telling me that Stephen did not see what he saw?   Stephen specifically stated that he saw “TWO” things here, when he saw the heavens opened.
    1.)  The Glory of GOD
    2.)   AND…Jesus  whom was standing on the Right Hand of GOD.

For one I don't like people calling my JESUS little.   He did a thing that none of us can seem to do.   Lived on this earth in a fleshly body…and   did not sin.   Then gave his life to pay for ours.

It takes a lot bigger of a man, than any that have ever lived to do that.   One with a divine nature…one with a made up mind to complete a task, that would save us all.

People can't accept that Jesus and GOD are talked about in the scripture as being ONE…but also being TWO with the Holy Ghost that makes THREE.   The Gift of GOD…that was given to Jesus …which in turn gave to US.   It is a very clear picture.  What ever we ask The FATHER in the NAME of JESUS…we shall receive.   If Jesus is the Father why do you still have to pray to GOD…and GIVE GOD all the GLORY?   Jesus instructed us to pray to the FATHER…in his NAME.

Well the biggest problem people have with all of this is they claim that if you say that Jesus and the Father are TWO different existences…that you are worshiping TWO GODS what goes does not go along with this scripture:

Mark 12 (King James Version)
    29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Then later on down we have this:
    Mark 12 (King James Version)
    36  For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

So…The LORD (Notice in all caps) said to His (David's) Lord (Notice First letter cap'd) Someone (It really needs to be noted that being in heaven or …spiritual being are different than us in creation.   This is one reason why GOD was upset for the Fallen Angels mating with the daughters of men…they were not made to reproduce…or pro-create.)

Obviously, GOD the Father is Speaking to someone else here.  That was also David's Lord…Jesus the Son.
    That is what the scripture says

Now…I don't know…for sure everything …It may very well be that are indeed one in the same or manifested in different ways.  And still the same ONE…or what I don't know for sure…why?  For one I do not understand the completeness of GOD.   No one does.

I'm just going to tell you…

I believe in ONE GOD the FATHER just like your supposed to.
    I also believe in JESUS CHRIST the son of that ONE GOD, that came in the flesh and paid the price for my sins.    This is the way the Bible reads.   If there is some more understanding of it that I require then I trust that through Jesus Christ that the ONE GOD the FATHER will give me the understanding of such.

Until then…I am going by what the Bible states.   It states it VERY PLAINLY.

I have to be honest with you.   Every time I hear someone trying to explain this Oneness thing to me…It just seems like they are “Twisting” the scripture…Just as with this where they said that the word “Father” used in the scripture …they say what the writer actually meant was that Father means “Heaven”…

GOD is not the author of Confusion.

I've been trying to talk myself into believing this Oneness thing for a while now.   I just can't seem to really find anything to dig in to.   There are too many scriptures that require a “Special Explaining” to support this Belief.  And ever
    y time I hear someone trying to explain this to me it just don't feel right.
    My spirit just does not feel right about it at all.

Something tells me that this is the wrong interpretation of the scriptures…Now…I may be wrong…in some aspects of what I believe as well.   But I know that something about that belief is wrong.   It just feels wrong…

In fact a lot of religions believe a lot of stuff that believes wrong.

I'll tell you something.

I've had people drilling me and drilling me for a while now about that belief.

I can see where they are getting the Idea from …they are scared that they are going to be putting other GODS before GOD…if they accept the Trinity.   Well that is not the Case.   GOD the FATHER is GOD…we are to love and worship him.  It is through his SON JESUS CHRIST that we even have the ABILITY to do this again.   Jesus is GODS only Begotten Son…GOD begot him…JESUS CAME FROM GOD and shares GODS DIVINE NATURE.
    This is a pretty good way of explaining what I believe:
    (d) the Father of Jesus Christ, as one whom God has united to himself in the closest bond of love and intimacy, made acquainted with his purposes, appointed to explain and carry out among men the plan of salvation, and made to share also in his own divine nature.

The writers of the New Testament even finish their writings in this manner.

Paul finishes his Writing with this:

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

A lot of time they mention JESUS and GOD in their closing. In the Above Case they have included JESUS, GOD and the Holy Ghost in the closing.

explained….

GOD LOVES ALL
    THROUGH JESUS CHRIST  He is able to give us Grace, Mercy and forgiveness of our Sins.
    And through Jesus Christ unto whom which the gift of the Holy Ghost was given (Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.) which in turn gave freely to us that believe in him as well.   We now have communion with GOD again…

Something that we DID NOT HAVE!   Till JESUS who was SENT by GOD came into the world lived a life without sin…making him a pure lamb, and DIED for our SINS.

I can not see for the life of me see why this is so hard for anyone to understand.

Right now All power in heaven and earth is given to Jesus
    Matthew 28:18    
    And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

…GOD is making his enemies his footstool.  
    It says it in the Bible.
    Jesus is his son…he begot him
    He being made so much better than the angels.

Hebrews 1

1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8But unto the Son (Jesus is the SON) he (GOD the Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    (and made to share also in his own divine nature)

9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

I'm telling you what right now…

We had better get our heads screwed on straight and start all singing the same tune.

This thing is getting ready to be full filled.

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Nov. 19 2008,16:26)
    If Jesus isn't God what are we going to loose ?

Hi Adam:

I don't understand your question. Please explain. Thanks.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother 942767,
    It is a question about the necessity of the divinity of Jesus.

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Nov. 22 2008,16:55)
    Hi brother 942767,
    It is a question about the necessity of the divinity of Jesus.

Hi Adam:

I still do not understand what you are asking when you say:

If Jesus isn't God what are we going to loose

Are you asking if Jesus is not God, what are going to lose?

It seems to me that people are making this awfully difficult to understand when it is not. God has already revealed to us who Jesus is and that is that he is His only begotten Son and His Christ.

If Jesus is not a man, then we are in trouble, because the scripture states:

1Cr 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
    1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.
    1Cr 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
    1Cr 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
    1Cr 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.
    1Cr 15:21 For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

Of course, he is not just any man, he was not born of the sperm of man, but he is God's gift of love to humanity not born of the sperm of man but conceived of the Holy Ghost. God's own flesh and blood. God's body. The Holy Temple of God. God was in Christ. God is a Spirit, and God is love, and Jesus has said “He that hath seen me has seen the Father”, and we have seen the Father through the life Jesus lived in obedience to God's Word, and so, he is God in that he is the express image of God's person, but no, not God the Son, but the Christ the Son of the Living God.

God Bless

david
    Participant

I have read this question before and struggle to understand it.

Me as well. “If Jesus isn't God, how can we be saved.”

Well, how were we condemned? Through the act of one perfect man (without inherited sin). How can we be saved? Through the act of one perfect man, Jesus.

The Bible says it was a “corresponding ransom.”

1 TIMOTHY 2:5-6
    “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”

“Corresponding ransom.” Gr., an·ti′ly·tron (from an·ti′, “against; in correspondence to; in place of,” and ly′tron, “ransom [price paid]”).

If God gave himself as a ransom, it would not be a “corresponding ransom.” The whole idea of the word “ransom” is an equal price paid to get something back.

ROMANS 5:19
    “For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were constituted sinners, likewise also through the obedience of the one [person] many will be constituted righteous.”

It was the disobedience of one MAN that constituted us sinners. Likewise, it was through the obedience of one MAN as far as death, that constituted many righteous.

So on what scriptural grounds could anyone even ask that question? There is none.

Tiffany
    Participant

John 1:1 says In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God, and the Word was with God. I see two divine beings here. The Word became flesh and walked among us, was crucified died and was buried, on the third day He rose again from the dead and now returned to the same glory He had from the beginning with God and sits at His right hand.
    John 17:5
    ” And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”
    Hebrew 1: 5 For which of the angels did He ever say:
    ” You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You”?
    And again
    ” I will be to Him a Father,
    And He shall be to Me a Son”?
    Jesus is the Son of God, who so loved us, that He gave His life for us, that we might live. He came into the world not to condemn that the world, but that through Him all might be saved.
    Ephesians 2: 8 ” For by grace you are saved, through faith, and that not of yourself, it is a gift of God,
    verse 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
    God so loved the world that through Him we might be saved. By faith in Him. Keep yourself clean Brethren, so you will be found to be righteous in the sight of the Lord our God. When at Baptism we have received Gods Holy Spirit, now we understand the things of God, we have become righteous in the sight of God.
    Peace and Love Irene :) :)

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers 942767 and David,
    I agree with both of you.

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 24 2005,09:40)

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 23 2005,22:31)
    Are you then saying that Jesus was, and is not God and was not God made flesh?

If you are then you and I am still dead in my sins, for only God as a sacrifice would be enough to take all of my and mankind's sins.

Hi Y2t,
    Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Father is his God and our God. That is what scripture says.

It also says Jesus Christ came in the flesh and the antichrist spirit says otherwise.

If God sacrificed himself to who was He sacrificed?  

Did Abraham intend to sacrifice himself or his 'only begotten'son?

Likewise scripture says
    ” For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whever believes in him shall not perish , but have eternal life”
    That seems clear enough.

How you stand with God I do not know but it does not relate to these matters does it?

scripture calls Jesus “God”… so Trinitarians believe it… shouldn't you?

Titus 2:13 (ESV) waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Titus 2:13 (HCSB) 13 while we wait for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Titus 2:13 (NASB) looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

blessings,
    Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    The God of Jesus your Lord is the Father.
    Are you not following your Lord and Master?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EP………God is from Elohim which simply means (POWERS) Jesus had Powers given him from the (LORD GOD) The one and (ONLY) true GOD. LORD means (HE EXISTS) GOD means (POWERS), LORD GOD means (HE EXISTS WITH POWERS) This is the ONE AND (ONLY) TRUE GOD, Jesus said he was going to, “My GOD and YOUR GOD, MY FATHER and YOUR FATHER”. Tell us how do you TRINITARIANS get around these (SIMPLE SCRIPTURES)? God the Father said You shall have no other GOD Besides ME, it's the First and most important commandment according to Jesus. Hear O Israel the LORD (OUR) GOD IS (ONE) LORD. The word OUR means He was HIS too.

peace to you …………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to that post brother Gene.

Quote (david @ Nov. 23 2008,09:31)

Me as well.  “If Jesus isn't God, how can we be saved.”

Well, how were we condemned?  Through the act of one perfect man (without inherited sin).  How can we be saved?  Through the act of one perfect man, Jesus.

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”

“Corresponding ransom.” Gr., an·ti′ly·tron (from an·ti′, “against; in correspondence to; in place of,” and ly′tron, “ransom [price paid]”).

If God gave himself as a ransom, it would not be a “corresponding ransom.”  The whole idea of the word “ransom” is an equal price paid to get something back.

“For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were constituted sinners, likewise also through the obedience of the one [person] many will be constituted righteous.”

It was the disobedience of one MAN that constituted us sinners.  Likewise, it was through the obedience of one MAN as far as death, that constituted many righteous.  

So on what scriptural grounds could anyone even ask that question?  There is none.

Hi David

And yet your religion teaches that Jesus is an “Angel” incarnate.

HMMM. Go figure! ???

WJ

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 27 2008,22:45)

Quote (david @ Nov. 23 2008,09:31)

Me as well.  “If Jesus isn't God, how can we be saved.”

Well, how were we condemned?  Through the act of one perfect man (without inherited sin).  How can we be saved?  Through the act of one perfect man, Jesus.

If God gave himself as a ransom, it would not be a “corresponding ransom.”  The whole idea of the word “ransom” is an equal price paid to get something back.

It was the disobedience of one MAN that constituted us sinners.  Likewise, it was through the obedience of one MAN as far as death, that constituted many righteous.  

So on what scriptural grounds could anyone even ask that question?  There is none.

Hi David

And yet your religion teaches that Jesus is an “Angel” incarnate.

HMMM. Go figure! ???

WJ

and when he came to the earth he….”became flesh” the scripture says.

NickHassan
    Participant

David,
    Scripture does not teach Jesus is any form of angel.
    That is a watchtower myth using false inferences.
    You should abide in what is written not assumptions.

david
    Participant

David,
    Scripture does not teach Jesus is any form of angel.
    That is a watchtower myth using false inferences.
    You should abide in what is written not assumptions.

Wrong thread Nick.

This is what I said:

Me as well. “If Jesus isn't God, how can we be saved.”

Well, how were we condemned? Through the act of one perfect man (without inherited sin). How can we be saved? Through the act of one perfect man, Jesus.

If God gave himself as a ransom, it would not be a “corresponding ransom.” The whole idea of the word “ransom” is an equal price paid to get something back.

It was the disobedience of one MAN that constituted us sinners. Likewise, it was through the obedience of one MAN as far as death, that constituted many righteous.

So on what scriptural grounds could anyone even ask that question? There is none.

and then I said that

he came to the earth he….”became flesh” the scripture says.

Which part of this do you disagree with?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    He indeed came from heaven and returned there.
    The Word became flesh and dwelled among us.

shanemonotheism
    Participant

Because man brought sin into the world so man had to take sin out of the world! Man not God! Nothing in the Bible says God had to be the sacrifice. Adam was a man and so is Jesus. It had to be a sinless man! God is spirit not human!
    1 Cor.15:21 For by a man came death, and by a man the resurrection of the dead. 22 And as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive.
    John 4:24 God is a spirit; and they that adore him, must adore him in spirit and in truth.(Jesus speaking)
    Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of my wrath: I will not return to destroy Ephraim: because I am God, and not man: the holy one in the midst of thee, and I will not enter into the city.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

SMT…………Amen to that Post. You have it right. Jesus was a human being (exactly) like us in every way (only without sin) because GOD the FATHER Kept HIM from sin. This should show us what GOD can do for Us also, He has the POWER to (KEEP) Us from sin by recreating in us a New Heart and MIND. Anyone who does not see Jesus as exactly like themselves are not relating to him as one of US> He is the (FIRST) of MANY Brethren. WE need to relate to him as our brother who Our FATHER placed over us TO Shepard Us and guide Us. He is our elder brother the first born from the dead in the (FAMILY) of GOD.

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to both of you brothers shanemonotheism and Gene.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account