I was baptized into the Trinity

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

symbol or not it does not change the requirement for obedience.

Nick
    Participant

So it is the decision of God whether or not to accept that the repentance of Constantine was adequate. And we do not know whether he was correctly baptised.

I think it was Eusebius who baptised him. He was an interesting historian who claimed to have had access to an original copy of Matthew’s gospel.

He quoted Mt 28 often and the first 8 times he quoted if as reading

”baptising them in my name”

Then he later changed it to the trinity version in his later books, perhaps from fear of repercussions from his fellow leaders and Constantine himself.

I will let you muse.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

I have not said that only those who have been correctly baptised will be saved because it is the decision of the loving Fathers to make.

But Heb 4 does warn about missing out on the rest of God.

Many will be given mercy I am sure.

But safety first.

Nick
    Participant

FATHER.

Nick
    Participant

Sorry.

It was another Eusebius, Eusebius of Nicomedia, not Eusebius of Caesarea who baptised Constantine.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick you said………>Forgiveness of sins is offered by baptism in the name of the Lord.

Scripture does warn about dying in your sins.

Washing of the feet symbolises the need to constantly seek God’s forgiveness after baptism.

Jn 13.10

Jesus said to him

“He who has bathed needs only to was his feet, but is completely clean, and you are clean , but not all of you”

Again in the Our Father, the daily prayer of God’s servants , we are to pray for forgiveness.

Me…..>That is exactly right brother.  Very good post, I also believe that way ,  we are to pray for forgiveness of our trespasses as we forgive other of theirs.

Peace and love to you and yours Nick………..gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

So if scripture says to repent and be baptised in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

and you find that you were baptised in the name of a trinity

you teach that it is something you should not be concerned about?

hmmm

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

what about the promised forgiveness of sins?

Is not the gift of the Holy Spirit conditional on that forgiveness?

on what authority have you offered your advice?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

As you say

” SCRIPTURE IS CLEAR. WE ARE TO BE BAPTISED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.”

but then you find difficulties in finding someone to baptise you (as if God is unable to provide)

and offer shortcuts and bypasses to obviate what seemed clear to you?

Berean
    Participant

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace,

👉 1) from him which is, and which was, and which is to come;

👉 2) and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

👉  3) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
    [6] And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

[10] A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: 

thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. ( Daniel 7)

Rev.4

And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are 👉 the seven Spirits of God. 

John 15

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth,

👉 which proceedeth from the Father,

he shall testify of me:

NOW why

Grace be unto you, and peace,

“from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; ”

IF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT ONE PERSON ….???

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Angels= Spirits

heb 1.13-14

Nick
    Participant

While Peter was speaking these words the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the gentiles also. For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered,

” Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptised who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did can he?”

And he ordered them to be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ.

Acs 10.44 F

Nick
    Participant

So God sovereignly decided to baptise believers in the Spirit but then,  through Peter showed that His Will is that baptism in water in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son,  is still essential.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth,

The Spirit of truth is the (cognisity of truth) which is  given us from God the Father, and that Spirit of truth, is indeed a “COMFORTER”  because it gives us a real understanding of the words of “truth”, and therefore it,  “comforts”  our Soul’s.

The question is how many here have it, “in” them?  Those who have it “know the sound of it, because it abides “in” them”.  Just as Jesus said……..>“the sheep know (recognize) the sound of the true Shepard,  and will not follow the sound of false Shepards.” 

peace and love to you all and yours………gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi,

Jesus said he would return and not leave us orphaned.

And he said we would be sent another comforter, the Spirit of truth from the Father.

“We will come to you.”

So like 1 John 1  we can say our fellowship is with the Father and the Son.

These promises are for those who have obeyed the command to be reborn of water. Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.98

Berean
    Participant

@ Nick

You

Angels= Spirits

heb 1.13-14

Me

Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
    [5] And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Rev.5
    [1] And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
    [2] And I saw a strong angel crying with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to break its seals?
    [3] And no one in heaven, nor on earth, nor under the earth could open the scroll, nor look at it.
    [4] And I wept greatly, because no one was found worthy to open and read the book, nor to look at it.
    [5] And one of the elders said to me: Do not cry. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has prevailed to open the book and break its seven seals.
    [6] And I saw, and, behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders,👉 stood a Lamb as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are 👉the seven Spirits of God sent to all the earth. 👈(Revelation 5:1-6)

In the book of Revelation The 7 Spirits of God are not angels (aggelos), but meaning THE SPIRIT of God in the 7 phases of the Christian church. (seven churches)

And THE SPIRIT of God means the presence and power of God (John 14:18,23, Acts 1:8).

In Revelation, the angels are named in Greek: “aggelos” and not “spirits” (pneuma)

But I do not deny that in Hebrews1 they are called “spirits” (verse 14)
    BUT ALSO ANGELS (aggello) (verse 13)

🙏

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….The word Angel in Greek also means “messenger”. ,  the Angel or Messenger of Jesus to the churches was the “Apostle” John,  he was given the message and wrote it down and delivered it to the Churches.  It was not some kind of Angelic being as you falsely suppose.

peace and love to you and yours Berean……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Wrong Gene

👇

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants(doulov) things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel(aggelos) unto his👉      servant  (  doulw) John:👈

Other examples where the word “doulw” is used:

Math.8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man], Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it].

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Baptism of the Spirit is the new birth. Water baptism is one way to receive the Spirit.

But some had the Spirit and were not baptized in water.

Out of obedience, they were baptised in water and surely they had already the Spirit, so it wasn’t to receive the Spirit, but for obedience that they were baptised in water.

God wants us to be baptized and receive the Holy Spirit.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account