I want my email address taken off your list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I want my email address taken off your list/main database.

I have no future plans of participating in this forum, and I don't like that I can't get my email address off of this site. I could go through the effort of starting some fake email address and switching the email to this new fake address, but i feel I shouldn't have to.

I want my email address taken completely off of this site……completely!

If I later decide to check it out I'll put my email back in your system, but I don't feel comfortable leaving it as is, nor do I feel like setting up a fake account to get my main email off your system. In my life I've never seen a blog program that doesn't allow it's members to simply cancel the membership.

Please assist me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Admin
    Keymaster

Go to your Control Panel and delete any topics you have been tracking.

Otherwise all I can do for you is delete you as a member. NOTE: it won't delete your posts, but you will be spared reminders from topics you are currently tracking.

I can delete you at your request.

If you delete me as a member, will that mean I'll never be able to use my computer to join again at a later date?

I'm just curious, the last time I got booted off this site for my not so pleasant behaivior, I couldn't log back in for a couple days, and I'm just wondering if deleting me has this same affect.

If not…..please delete me…..I may join later with a less stupid name.

Take it easy!!

Matt

david
    Participant

Yes. You actually picked a somewhat paradoxical name, based on your….let's say present “argumentational” mentality.

I'm pretty sure the only way that you would ever be completely banned from this site is if you . .. . it takes a lot to be removed. As far as bad speech, there have been others that have been much much worse. Usually, such people aren't taken seriously, but they aren't removed. There are a few rules:
    1) No abusing others
    2) Try to stay on topic (something that everyone seems to have problems with)
    3) No spamming

Usually, when number 1 occurs, the moderators just laugh and say they find it amusing. But I think if it goes too far, there would be consequences. But, as you won't be speaking that way any more, this shouldn't be a problem.

david

Admin
    Keymaster

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 20 2007,10:01)
    If you delete me as a member, will that mean I'll never be able to use my computer to join again at a later date?

I'm just curious, the last time I got booted off this site for my not so pleasant behaivior, I couldn't log back in for a couple days, and I'm just wondering if deleting me has this same affect.

If not…..please delete me…..I may join later with a less stupid name.

Take it easy!!

Matt

Yes you can join again. But you will be given a new identity.

Try unsubscribing to all topics you have been tracking first. This is the only reason you should be getting email, apart from when you first joined up and received a welcome email.

:)

Admin
    Keymaster

Another solution is to change your email address in your Heaven Net profile to something irrelevant. e.g., [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account