I know we can eat meat but can we eat pork?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • Author

Is all food and drink clean? (Ro 14:2,3,14,17,20-23)

No

Paul's statement that there is nothing unclean of itself (Ro 14:14) does not mean that there are no unclean things.

In another letter, he states Yahuweh's clear command to abstain from unclean things. (2Co 6:17)

The distinction made in Ro 14:14 centers on the phrase “of itself”.

Anything that Yahuweh separates (sanctifies) as being clean is clean.

Anything that Yahuweh separates (condemns) as being unclean is unclean.

Yahuweh specifically separates the clean and unclean foods in the Bible. (Lev 11:1-47)

Yahuweh specifically condemns fermented drink (alcohol) as unclean in the Bible. (Lev 10:8-10 compare 1Pe 2:5,9 and 1Co 3:16,17)

Yahuweh would never recommend a food or drink that is harmful to our health by falsely labeling it as clean.

A strong parallel exists between Ro 14:1-23, 1Co 8:1-13, and 1Co 10:21,27-30.

They all involve a divisive issue involving food and drink. (Ro 14:3,13,17, 1Co 8:1,8, , 1Co 10:21,27,28)

The all involve passively influencing others to sin over this issue. (Ro 14:13,15,20,23, 1Co 8:7,9-12, 1Co 10:29,30)

The 1Co verses clearly indicate the topic to be the controversy over consuming food and drink offered to idols by others. (1Co 8:1,4,7,10, 1Co 10:27,28)

The similarities give reason to believe that the Ro 14 verses refers to the same controversy.

The sinful act is committed by those who offer anything to an idol. (compare Ex 20:3-5)

In an over execise of caution, this sinful practice led some Christians to eat only vegetables, because they even feared the unknown previous use of purchased products.

Because clean food and drink does not switch its cleanliness simply because of its proximity to sinful practices (e.g., idol worship), they were considered to have weak consciences. (1Co 8:7,10)

Paul warns Christians not to indulge in what they believe is evil. (Ro 14:23, 1Co 8:10-12)

Paul warns against needless judgmental polarizations. (Ro 14:3,13, 1Co 8:8) (compare 1Co 1:10 and 2Ti 2:23)

The final decision was for all to reasonably avoid these controversial foods. (1Co 8:13, 1Co 10:27,28) (Ac 15:29, Rev 2:20)

Did Paul tell the Colossians they could eat and drink whatever they want? (Col 2:16)

No

Note that the verse does NOT say “what you eat” or “what you drink”.

The food and drink refer to the various meal and drink offerings of the ceremonial law. (compare Lev 23:37)

Context: “a shadow of the things that were to come” (Col 2:17)

Did Paul tell the Colossians that the health laws are part of the ceremonial law and, therefore, obsolete? (Col 2:20-23)

No

Some commands to “Touch not” and “handle not” were part of the ceremonial law. (Nu 19:11-22 note the salvation symbolism in verse 17)

However, verse 22 clearly identifies the context as being about man made additions that were NOT commands from Yahuweh.

Verse 23 clearly identifies these man-made practices as being for external show, rather than of any internal, spritiual usefulness.

Does Yahuweh say that everything He created is good to be eaten? (1Ti 4:1-5)

No

Sanctification by the word of Yahuweh clearly indicates food which Yahuweh has set apart as clean.

Celibacy and abstinence as a form of penance are condemned as apostate teachings.

Does the Bible say that concern over diet is insignificant? (Heb 13:8,9)

No

Verse 9 clearly indicates the concern to be with “divers” and “strange” doctrines. These are the teachings of men, not the commandments of Yahuweh.

Verse 8 emphsizes that Yahuweh does not change. Therefore, His laws do not change. His ceremonial law was a foreshadowing, a symbolism, that was fulfilled in Yashuw'ah HaMoshiach. Since our bodies have not changed, His health laws still apply.

terraricca
    Participant

con
    you are acting like a Jewish proselyte try to bring forth the law upon the gentiles,Paul said let no one judge you on food ,holiday,sabbath….
    if this is your intention i tell you right now you have no love ,because you try to restore the practice that can not save you,it did not saved the Jews it will save no one but love will.

terraricca,

please excuse the intrusion, i will tell you right now, ron has love.

do not judge him, his practice is just, as you quote paul to him, he could quote the same to you.

if you feel the need, you could pass judgement on me also, for i do the same.

you were created by him, he would know what is best for you.

take care terraricca

Quote (princess of the king @ Jan. 12 2010,18:51)
    terraricca,

please excuse the intrusion, i will tell you right now, ron has love.

do not judge him, his practice is just, as you quote paul to him, he could quote the same to you.

if you feel the need, you could pass judgement on me also, for i do the same.

you were created by him, he would know what is best for you.

take care terraricca

Good answer, and it was from the heart, thank you.

Calling Yahuweh's People Out of Babylon

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of Yahuweh, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:9-11

“And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: … And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. … And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.” Revelation 17:1,5,15

“And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and Yahuweh hath remembered her iniquities.” Revelation 18:1-5

terraricca
    Participant

con
    if you want to apply it to you self because you feel it is better for you i don't mind if you wanted to teach-ed then i have a problem with it .

i am 70 years old and i can tell you the food and it does not matter what food it is animal,vegetable,fruits….have change so drastically it does not even taste as what it looks sins i was a teenager.

wen someone go to the law they follow the letter not the spirit.

and a reminder the kingdom of God is not food and clothing but the Love for God and his promise

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Mt 7:21-23 Iniquity = Lawless

“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” Jn 13:35

If ye love me, keep my commandments.” Jn 14:15

“Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” Jn 15:8

“For we are his workmanship, created in Yashuw'ah HaMoshiach unto good works, which Yahuweh hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Eph 2:10

“What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? … For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” Jas 2:14,26

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of Yahuweh perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” 1Jn 2:4-6

“And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of Yahuweh, and have the testimony of Yashuw'ah HaMoshiach.” Rev 12:17

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of Yahuweh, and the faith of Yashuw'ah.” Rev 14:12

Choose to Leave Apostasy

“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” Isa 8:20

“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Rev 18:4

Yahuweh Created us to be Healthy

We had perfect health before the fall. Ge 1:26,31 compare Mt 5:48

Yahuweh's will for each of us today is that we be healthy. Ps 67:1,2, Jer 29:11, Jer 30:17,22, Jn 10:10

We will be restored to perfect health in Heaven. Rev 21:4, Rev 22:2,3

True Health is Holistic

Our being has physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions. Mk 12:30, Lk 10:27, 1Co 7:34

Soul = body + breath of life. Ge 2:7

However, breath of life = spirit. compare Ps 104:29 and Ecc 12:7

Therefore, soul = body + spirit.

Note: The spirit is not the same as the soul. Heb 4:12

The Ten Pillars of Health

Right relationship with Yahuweh Ex 15:26, Ex 23:25,26, Dt 7:12,15, Ps 103:2,3, Pr 3:7,8, Pr 4:20-22, Ac 3:19

Pure air Ge 2:7, Ps 104:29, Jn 3:8, Jn 20:22

Pure water Jn 4:13,14, Jn 7:37,38, Rev 22:1

Right food Ge 1:29, Lev 11:46,47, Mt 4:4, Mt 26:26-28, Jn 4:34, Jn 6:32,33,35,48,51, 2Co 6:17

Rest Ex 20:8-11, Mt 11:28,29, Heb 4:1,4,9,10

Exercise Ge 3:17-19, Ecc 1:13, Ac 24:16, 2Th 3:8-10, 1Ti 4:7,8, Heb 12:1

Sunlight Mal 4:2, Mt 13:43, Lk 11:33-36, Jn 3:19-21, Jn 8:12, 1Jn 1:5, Rev 22:5

Right attitude Ps 42:11, Pr 16:24, Pr 17:22, Pr 23:7, Ro 12:2, Gal 5:22,23, Php 4:8

Moderation in the use of good things Pr 6:9-11, Pr 20:13, Pr 25:16,27 compare Pr 24:13, Ecc 12:12, Isa 58:6-8

Abstinence from poisonous agents Pr 20:1, Pr 23:29-35, Ro 12:1, 1Co 3:16,17, 1Co 6:19,20, 1Co 9:26,27, 1Co 10:31, 2Co 6:17, 2Co 7:1, Gal 6:7,8, 1Th 5:22, 1Pe 2:11, 1Jn 3:2,3, Rev 17:1-6, Rev 18:1-4

terraricca
    Participant

Ron

i pick one of your verse you call on MODERATION FROM POISONOUS AGENTS just to see how you apply scriptures to the truth of the context;1 Cor 10;31

1Co 10:27 If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
    1Co 10:28 But if anyone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience’ sake—
    1Co 10:29 the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another’s conscience?
    1Co 10:30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
    1Co 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
    1Co 10:32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God—
    1Co 10:33 even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
    1Co 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

i copy the full story so i don't twist the sense of what it means ,”the way i understand it the meal is sanctified by the blessing called on. not what is eaten ,unless the person tells you how this meal was previous used.

as i said before you can not use the law to say what to eat unless as Paul describe it ,and use cleaver minded words from men to justify a control other than teach in the scriptures.

you are not more important than the apostle PAUL so i stick with his views.

banana
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 13 2010,15:32)
    Yahuweh Created us to be Healthy

We had perfect health before the fall. Ge 1:26,31 compare Mt 5:48

Yahuweh's will for each of us today is that we be healthy. Ps 67:1,2, Jer 29:11, Jer 30:17,22, Jn 10:10

We will be restored to perfect health in Heaven. Rev 21:4, Rev 22:2,3

True Health is Holistic

Our being has physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions. Mk 12:30, Lk 10:27, 1Co 7:34

Soul = body + breath of life. Ge 2:7

However, breath of life = spirit. compare Ps 104:29 and Ecc 12:7

Therefore, soul = body + spirit.

Note: The spirit is not the same as the soul. Heb 4:12

The Ten Pillars of Health

Right relationship with Yahuweh Ex 15:26, Ex 23:25,26, Dt 7:12,15, Ps 103:2,3, Pr 3:7,8, Pr 4:20-22, Ac 3:19

Pure air Ge 2:7, Ps 104:29, Jn 3:8, Jn 20:22

Pure water Jn 4:13,14, Jn 7:37,38, Rev 22:1

Right food Ge 1:29, Lev 11:46,47, Mt 4:4, Mt 26:26-28, Jn 4:34, Jn 6:32,33,35,48,51, 2Co 6:17

Rest Ex 20:8-11, Mt 11:28,29, Heb 4:1,4,9,10

Exercise Ge 3:17-19, Ecc 1:13, Ac 24:16, 2Th 3:8-10, 1Ti 4:7,8, Heb 12:1

Sunlight Mal 4:2, Mt 13:43, Lk 11:33-36, Jn 3:19-21, Jn 8:12, 1Jn 1:5, Rev 22:5

Right attitude Ps 42:11, Pr 16:24, Pr 17:22, Pr 23:7, Ro 12:2, Gal 5:22,23, Php 4:8

Moderation in the use of good things Pr 6:9-11, Pr 20:13, Pr 25:16,27 compare Pr 24:13, Ecc 12:12, Isa 58:6-8

Abstinence from poisonous agents Pr 20:1, Pr 23:29-35, Ro 12:1, 1Co 3:16,17, 1Co 6:19,20, 1Co 9:26,27, 1Co 10:31, 2Co 6:17, 2Co 7:1, Gal 6:7,8, 1Th 5:22, 1Pe 2:11, 1Jn 3:2,3, Rev 17:1-6, Rev 18:1-4

Con It seems that no matter what, you seem to want to keep the Old Testament Law that God gave to the Israelites on Mt. Sinai. But we never were under that Covenant in Exodus 34:27
    “Then the LORD said to Moses:” Write this words for the tenor of these words, I have made a covenant with you and Israel.
    verse 28 And so He was there with the LORD for forty nights and forty days, He neither ate foods or drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant the Ten Commandments.
    Exodus 31:16-17
    Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
    verse 17 IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL FOREVER…
    We are now under the New Covenant in
    Luke 22:20 …. This is the cup of the new covenant in My Blood which is shed for you.

Jesus also magnified the Law and made it Holy.

Math, 22:37-40
    Jesus said to them:” You shall Love the LORD your God with all of your Heart, with all your Soul and with all your Mind.”
    verse38
    This is the first and great commandment,
    verse39
    And the second is like it,”You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
    verse 40 On these two commandments hang all of the law and the prophets.”

First of all we never were under the old Covenant law, second of all as far as meats are concerned all is clean to those that God has made. Even so I believe pork is not the healthiest meat, and therefore I eat it very seldom.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

con…….I was going to bring up the scriptures the Terraricca brought up but no need to he already brought them up , but here is another one to think about.

Luke 10.8…> And into whatever city ye enter and they recieve you, eat such things as are set before you:

I have known men who have eaten pork all their lives and have lived very long lives and seem to have been in good health to. While i tend to believe that Pork and certain other foods can present certain health problems if not curred and handles properly , i am not totally convinced that this is the reason GOD gave those clean and unclean laws. I still believe  it was to show the CARNAL ISRAELITES that they must learn to make a destination between what is acceptable and unacceptable  to God. Maybe both not sure
    yet, I do believe GOD made garbage collectors on earth and in the waters also, and these can be more infectious to our systems.

One thing you brought out that i do disagree with, is that we are not to drink fermented things , Jesus drank wine as well as the other Apostles all the time. So why do you believe we are not supposed to.

gene

terraricca
    Participant

hi beloved
    2Co 10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
    2Co 10:4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
    2Co 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
    2Co 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
    2Co 10:7 You are looking only on the surface of things. If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he.

it is the spiritual food that you watch for not the physical food it will not save you just give you live for a while so don't lessen to those who like to take away your freedom in Christ,by remove it and force you to obey what is not needed.

terraricca
    Participant

Ron
    you got lost in your paper work,you talking today to people who are fortunate to live in the western world but going back in the day s of Paul ,live was not so ,the commodities we have were not there,are those Christian less than us because they did not have what we have as gentiles , i can see Paul going to visit gentiles be invited and take out his booklet of rules of the law with the accepted food…..totally ridiculous,and wen he was arrested and travel in chains yes except for meat of animal with there blood.
    you try to be a super apostles????

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 14 2010,14:18)

Ron
    you got lost in your paper work,you talking today to people who are fortunate to live in the western world but going back in the day s of Paul ,live was not so ,the commodities we have were not there,are those Christian less than us because they did not have what we have as gentiles , i can see Paul going to visit gentiles be invited and take out his booklet of rules of the law with the accepted food…..totally ridiculous,and wen he was arrested and travel in chains yes except for meat of animal with there blood.
    you try to be a super apostles????

Shalom.

Const is not getting lost, he is actually right on the money.

And no, not one person is better than another, whether Jew or Gentile.

Paul was a Pharisee who taught under the great Rabban Gamliel, the great grandson of the great Rabbi Hillel, the founder of the Pharaisic Yeshiva of Hillel. Paul would not have deviated from the practices he was taught, especially since he continued to profess his allegiance to his being a Pharisee and that the scriptures not only show that he continued to observe but also that he continued to teach the same Torah that he learned from his Rabbi.

When Paul was arrested and beaten, and he ate non-kosher food, he was following the halacha in the Oral Torah that states if there is no kosher food available, or if it is a matter of survival then it is permitted to eat non-kosher food. This is what Paul did.

I doubt that Const is trying to be a super anything.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..> Phi 3:4..> Although I could have confidence in the flesh. If anyone thinks he can place confidence in the flesh, I have more reason to think so. 5..> Having been circumcised on the eighth day, I am of the nation of Israel, from the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, As far as the law was concern i was a Pharisee. 6..> As far as zeal is concerned, I was a persecutor of the church. As far as the righteousness that is in the Law is concerned, I was Perfect. 7..> But whatever things were assets to me, these i (NOW) consider a (LOSS) for the sake of Christ. 8..> What is more, I (CONTINUE) to consider all these things as a (LOSS) for the sake of the (SURPASSING VALUE) of knowing Christ Jesus My Lord. It is because of Him that  I have experienced the loss of all those things, Indeed, I consider them (RUBBISH) in order to gain Christ, 9..> and be found in him, not having a righteousness of (MY OWN) that comes from the (LAW). but one that comes through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness that (COMES FROM GOD) AND DEPENDS ON FAITH.

enough said, God bless you all……………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account