How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Wj,
    You should continue in the Word.
    Additions like trinity theory destroy the beauty.
    We are not allowed to add fabrications to what is written.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2008,06:43)
    Hi Wj,

NH

I see no beauty in your doctrine NH. For it diminishes the Image of the invisible God into something less than God, which would not be his image at all, would it?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Is the image of God
    also
    the God of Whom he is the image??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……….when and where did put words in your mouth please show me i want to see this , in fact it's you who do that as i have very clearly shown you. But because of Pride you won't even apologize, Not that i really care.

And i sure do believe in the words Jesus Spoke i have not problem with that and I also believe what He said concerning those words, that they were not HIS just as He said But the words of the one who sent Him. And that's what i haven't yet heard you admit.

So where have i misrepresented what you have said i would like very much to see that.

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….you are right if He were God himself He would not be (IMAGING) anything would He, The question Here is what is the definition of IMAGE. According to my understanding it means to mirror or reflect, but a IMAGE while It can Be the exact reflection of some thing it is (NEVER) the something it IMAGES or reflects. Stand in front of a mirror you will see a perfect Image of You, but is that really you in the mirror or is it a reflection of You. There you have your answer. Man is being created to IMAGE GOD, I know it say God Created (past tense) man in His Image But the actural text should read , God creating them is, in his image. Jesus is the (FIRST) to complete that process the (FIRST) of Many Brothers and Sister who will also be a exact IMAGE of the Father also.

But an Image is not the (SAME) exact person or He wouldn't be an IMAGE, would He.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The change was brought about in Jesus by the anointing of the Spirit and submission to that anointing.
    He was led by the Spirit of God so God was at work in him to will and to do and reconciling the world to himself.
    We follow him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 13 2008,08:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2008,06:43)
    Hi Wj,

NH

I see no beauty in your doctrine NH. For it diminishes the Image of the invisible God into something less than God, which would not be his image at all, would it?

???

Hi WJ,
    The beauty is in the scriptures.
    You should not add men's words to them

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 13 2008,04:59)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2008,04:40)
    WJ….. lets Just examin one Scripture and you give me the answer with out going to anything else, Just once ok…. What did Jesus mean when He very planily said in several places that the (WORDS) He Spoke were (NOT) HIS WORDS> Just stay with this first before we move on to something else, Let establish this truth first Please.

peace ………gene

GB

Do you establish your doctrine based on one scripture or do you establish it based on the whole?

You stop at the one scripture and I will move on to them all.

OK ???

WJ……Ok lets use More then one to get the point accross

John 3:34…> for he whom God has sent speakest, the Word of God; for God gives not the Spirit by measure

John 6: 68..> Then Simon Peter said to Him Lord to whom shall we go?, thou hast the (words) of Eternal life.

John 14:10..> belieivest thou not that i am in the Father and the Father is in me? the (Words) that i Speak unto i Speak (NOT) of or from MYSELF; But the Father that (DWELLETH) in me, (HE) doth the works.

John 17:8…> For I have given them the (WORDS) which thou gravest me;

John 5: 38..> and you have not (HIS) words abiding in you: for whom (he) has sent, him you believe not.

John14:24..> He that loveth me not Keeps not my saying: and the (WORD) which you hear is (NOT) MINE, but the Father which sent Me.

John 17:6 I have manifested (THY) Name unto the men which (thou) gavest me out of the world (thine) they were and thou gavest them me; and they Have Keep (THY WORD).

John17:14..>I have given them (THY WORD);

John17:17..> Sanctify them through thy truth; (THY WORD) is truth.

John 8:28…> then said Jesus unto them when you have lifted up the son of man, then shall you know that I am he and that I do nothing of myself, but as my Father has (taught me), I speak these things.

John 12: 49..> for i have not (spoken) 0f (MYSELF); but the Father which sent me, He gave me commandment what I should (SAY) and What I SHOULD SPEAK.

John 12:50..> and I know that his commandment is life everlasting; whatsoever I speak therefore; even as the Father said unto me, (SO I SPEAK).

Here are 12 scriptures that show the words Jesus Spoke were not His own words, there are more i could produce also.

So WJ can you explaine these are they lies or are they the truth.

Peace……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Indeed the one called the WORD fully expresses the heart and mind of God in his words.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Yes He did, but to say He himself is the word make Him the origin of them and as you can see thats not the case. I have never said Jesus was not speaking GOd words to Us and He certainly is a spokesman of GOD's words to us. I believe that with all my heart, But as i said speaking some ones word doesn't make you him or His word. But is certainly does make you a spokesman of the Person and in this case it was the Father. I never had a problem with that. And as you can see i base this on these scriptures.

peace…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So the spokesman for God was with God in the beginning.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….when did i ever say that. If your thinking i saying Jesus was the words he was speaking the answer is no he was not the words he was speakings, i just gave you and WJ, 12 Scriptures that should have solved what i think.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Jesus was also called in scripture a rock and a stone, a lamb, a shepherd and you seem to cope with these thoughts.
    But being the WORD was number one.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…I have just shown you where Jesus was not speaking (HIS) WORDS but the Fathers words, and I said i do believe He was a spokesman of those words that the Father gave Him. I believe nothing more ar nothing less.

Where do you see Jesus mentioned as the Rock. lets deal with that statement now.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Only one?
    Romans 9:33
    As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

So Jesus is the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB

1 Corinthians 10:4
    And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Just say it EXACTLY like it says.

and did all drink the same Spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that Followed them: and that Rock was the anointing or (Christos).

This rock is God the Father, heres another proof that God the Father is the Rock there are others also, But Lets take where Jesu said to Peter who do you say I am , Peter said you are the Christ the son of the living GOD and Jesus responded as said blessed are you Simon Barjonna because flesh and bolld did not reveal that unto you but my Father who is i n heaven has revealed it unto , and i say unto you, you are Peter and upon this (ROCK) I shall build the Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail. That Rock that was going to build the church was God getting into the minds of people and revealing the truth to them, Thats the (Rock) that builds the church.

There is another scripture that says there is no Rock besides GOD. Not to mention all the times it is mentioned in the Psalms by David.

Don't think every time you see the word Christos in always talking about Jesus in some cases it talking about the anointing it self. You have to put all the scriptures together to get the right meaning.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You missed the scripture above it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

nick..> what scripture about it are you talking about. If you want i can list i think about 15 or 20 scriptures about who the Rock really is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is 8
    14And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Romans 9:33
    As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Peter 2:8
    And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account