How Embarrassing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

If a popsical is 90% something water, and a cloud is 100% water (excluding pollutants), then surely popsicals evolved from clouds right?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 25 2013,19:26)
    Kerwin, the point is that there are plenty of fossils for the first and last. But the in between ones are basically a jaw bone here, a thigh bone there. That alone should make you think about this hypothesis.

T8,

Fossils are preserved under rare circumstances which means lack of evidence does not prove much except where an idea exist between being a hypothesis and being a theory. You are selecting one small bit of the puzzle and attempting to predict the whole picture from that. I could not do that.

There are plenty of gaps in the fossil record which is expected in the case a number of different kinds were created in the beginning.

“Evolution” instead assumes (have faith) that there is no real gaps but there is instead evidence that has not yet been found or that has been destroyed by the laws of “nature”.

Scripture speaks of humans evolving from Adam and Eve, who were herbivorous, to the people of today, that are omnivorous.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 24 2013,11:50)

Quote (david @ April 23 2013,15:24)
    Even I understand the fallacy with that last post.  This isn't what evolutionarianists 🙂 believe.

Hang on there david. They believe that each of these species had their day in the sun. The graphic highlights a point, that Evolutionists must believe that there were millions of monkeys and then the branch that led to man consisted of very few beings in each stage of evolution, till we get to man who now numbers in the billions.

I mean surely a few questions arise from that fact. Such as can you say for sure that each of these stages was a separate species that existed for all that time as they suggest, or were they just human with some medical condition or an obscure ape that exited few in number.

Surely a successful species that leads to intelligent man would leave a legacy greater than what we see here.

The evidence they have is scant and could just as easily be imaginary. Because it is the imagination that makes the links from these real fossils.

I'm sure this isn't really what evolutionists think.

They don't think there were a few of each specie. They think there were lots. The further you go back, the harder it becomes to find evidence. How many humans were there 4000 years ago? It wasn't really until we essentially wiped out disease (around 1800 or so) that our population just exploded. Before then 1/2 babies died before age of 2. Anyway, not related.

When you say:
    “”Surely a successful species that leads to intelligent man would leave a legacy greater than what we see here. “”

They would agree. We are that species. We are leaving a pretty big legacy.

The point I was trying to make is that there is a common misconception about what they believe. We often argue: if it was C That lead to D, which lead to E, then why is D still here?

But, D, they say, is not a link. It does however share a common ancestor–A, or B. that's all I'm saying.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ April 25 2013,19:53)
    But, D, they say, is not a link.

Huh?  T8's poster shows 6 images.  And I'm fairly certain that evolutionists believe images 2-5 are LINKS between image 1 and image 6.

T8's point made me laugh, because I remember my younger brother, years ago, making that same point to me.  His thinking was: When they are able to actually SHOW ME these so-called “missing links”, then I'll believe.

Where are the fossils of the dinosaur with wings – before it became a bird?  Surely the process of evolving from dinosaur to bird took MILLIONS of years, with TRILLIONS of “in-betweens”.  Can't they find even ONE fossil to show as support?

T8 is also right that the link is in the eye of the beholder.  The more a certain scientists WANTS to see that link in the fossil he's holding, the easier it will be for him to see that link.  (And since they ALL want that link to be there, who among his peers is going to point out that his fossil doesn't EXPLICITLY demonstrate said link?  None of them.  The will all just jump on board with his “great discovery”.)

Anyway, this kind of topic usually bores me.  I just thought I'd pop in with my two cents.

Y'all take care now. :)

david
    Participant

Beetles represent about 1/4 of all known species today. (They are winning)

david
    Participant

After seconds of research on a virtually unrelated topic, humans are destroying 100 or 200 species a day so that we can support our way of life. (Yes, this includes the beetles).

Maybe 1000 species of beetle lives on a single tree in a rainforest. t8 wants a door for his house so he buys one. He doesn't wait 20 years for a tree to grow but rather buys one from a company that bought the wood from a lumber company that is devastating forests. And some of those beetles maybe live only in that one Forrest. And some of those beetles are the only insects that pollinate a certain plant. So, the plant dies too.

david
    Participant

The science people say there have been 1-4 billion species during earths existence, with about 50 million species existing today.

These numbers might be exaggerated.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 26 2013,09:58)
    The science people say there have been 1-4 billion species during earths existence, with about 50 million species existing today.

These numbers might be exaggerated.

David,

What is a species?

The competing definitions of science are at times absurd and at other time arbitrary.

This dragonfly is sexually attracted to certain dragonflies while a second dragonfly is sexually attracted to a different type of mate and so is a separate species.

This man is sexually attracted to blond haired woman with a certain body type while a second man is attracted to a different type of woman but they are the same species.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Evolution is a bit of science here and there, and plenty of imagination as the glue that holds the theory together. Those six stages of so-called primitive ape to human are a joke. Anyone can take 6 pieces of anything and make them fit. As I said before, you just need imagination. And being a scientific authority certainly makes people believe them too. I know plenty of people that would never question these scientists because they have faith in their intelligence and work.

But people forget that beliefs shape the reality of each person. So a false belief leads to false conclusions, and true belief will certainly lead you to true conclusions.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 26 2013,17:47)
    Beetles represent about 1/4 of all known species today.  (They are winning)

Next time you are talking a walk, admiring the wealth of plants and animals around you, don’t forget to peer at the soil beneath your feet and imagine the whirlwind of activity that makes all life above ground possible.

By the Numbers:

–       The soil below one square yard of woodland could contain over 200 species of arthropods (such as insects, crayfish, and spiders) and up to 1000 species of soil animals in total.

–       There are up to 7,700lbs of bacteria in one acre of soil.

http://www.ecomythsalliance.org/2010….n-below

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 10 2013,20:37)
    Evolution is a bit of science here and there, and plenty of imagination as the glue that holds the theory together. Those six stages of so-called primitive ape to human are a joke. Anyone can take 6 pieces of anything and make them fit. As I said before, you just need imagination. And being a scientific authority certainly makes people believe them too. I know plenty of people that would never question these scientists because they have faith in their intelligence and work.

But people forget that beliefs shape the reality of each person. So a false belief leads to false conclusions, and true belief will certainly lead you to true conclusions.

T8,

Evolutionists do not even support the idea that humans come from apes so the chart is not accurate by them either.

Do you know anyplace in scripture where apes are classified as non humans?

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account