Heb 1:8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

You have made many statements Oxy, but you have also admitted that you do not understand that which you have stated. Therefore how do you know that you are not deceived?

And why take the chance, to teach that which you do not understand? Especially a doctrine that developed after the last book in the bible was written.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 06 2006,19:06)
    Hello Nick, I've finally made it to this thread.

I am totally satisfied that Jesus is not the Father. But the Son, the very Word of God is a part of God, as is the Holy Spirit. There is a hierarchical system in that the Father is Almighty God, and He has given Jesus a name which is above every name.

But the part I don't fully understand, but can accept because of my understanding of Scripture (limited tho it be) is that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are God.

To Oxy.

You shall never understand it, nor provide scripture to back it because it is not of the truth.

How easy it is to deceive people given that many accept without question a doctrine that developed centuries after the last book in the bible was written, that was enforced by a Roman Emperor who put people to death, and was preserved by people who had no qualms about spilling blood.

Apparently and sadly it is very easy as history has recorded and you have demonstrated by your above statement.

Paul warned us that after his death many shall rise up from among us and deceive many. He also said that before Christ came back, there would be a falling away and the man of sin would be revealed.

Well who really believes that there was to be a falling away
    (apostacy)? Who really believes Paul when he said great deception would come after his death (1st century). Who really believes in the verse in Revelation: “Come out of her MY PEOPLE” lest you partake in her sins which have piled up to heaven, for she is guilty of the blood of the saints.

My point here is that men do not question. Like those who believe in evolution, they do not question and just accept it as a foundation. Then they build all these vain works on top.

Poor people. They didn't question and as a result they were led into deception which rendered all their time building on these false foundations as useless.

Fancy wasting your life on the doctrines of men.

What a waste.

Jeremiah 17:5
    This is what the LORD says:
    “Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
    who depends on flesh for his strength
    and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

:(

Oxy
    Participant

We know that John 1 says that the Word was God, right?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
    Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    Joh 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
    Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God; his name was John.
    Joh 1:7 This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him.
    Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    Joh 1:9 He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.
    Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him.
    Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
    Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
    Joh 1:13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.
    Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

We also know that Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.

Heb 2:6 But one testified in a certain place, saying, “What is man, that You are mindful of him; or the son of man, that You visit him?
    Heb 2:7 You have made him a little lower than the angels. You crowned him with glory and honor and set him over the works of Your hands.
    Heb 2:8 You subjected all things under his feet.” For in subjecting all things to Him, He did not leave anything not subjected to Him. But now we do not see all things having been subjected to him.
    Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor, that He by the grace of God should taste death for all.
    Heb 2:10 For it became Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons into glory, to perfect the Captain of their salvation through sufferings.
    Heb 2:11 For both He who sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers,
    Heb 2:12 saying, “I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”

We also know that God will answer the prayer of His Son.

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these words and lifted up His eyes to Heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son so that Your Son also may glorify You,
    Joh 17:2 even as You have given Him authority over all flesh so that He should give eternal life to all You have given Him.
    Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
    Joh 17:4 I have glorified You upon the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
    Joh 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

And His former glory was that He was God. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

As far as the Holy Spirit is concerned, Jesus called Him “He” on several occassions in just one verse. I believe Jesus! Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

So God Almighty is God..1
    Jesus is God……………..2
    The Holy Spirit is God…..3

Yet God is One.

Just as we are three, body, soul and spirit, but we are one.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI Oxy,
    Spamming is frowned on in this site.
    If you have something useful to say one place is enough.
    I hope your analysis stands up to the scrutiny of the Master.
    It will certainly please those who prefer the broad path favoured by the many.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Oxy.

OK if God answers the prayer of his son, then who is God?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Oxy, I am still waiting for your explanation as to why the trinity doctrine that you promote, directly breaks hundreds of scriptures.

How do you explain away that fact that the word “God” replaced with the word “Trinity” nullifies the word of God?

Do you just ignore this fact? Or do you have a reason. I await your reason, but if I do not get one, then I can only conclude that you choose to remain ignorant.

When men run from light, it reminds me of the following scripture:

John 3:19
    This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Is your faith made of gold, silver, precious stones, or straw?

Admin
    Keymaster

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 08 2006,12:12)
    HI Oxy,
    Spamming is frowned on in this site.
    If you have something useful to say one place is enough.
    I hope your analysis stands up to the scrutiny of the Master.
    It will certainly please those who prefer the broad path favoured by the many.

Yes Oxy, no spamming or flooding the forums.

Make each post count and place them in the appropriate place.
    Copying and pasting the same post many times within a short space of time is called “flooding” the forums.

See the rules. They are not harsh and are there so that everyone gets a say.

Spamming something so that you can be heard is likened unto shouting over other people to drown them out.

The point to the discussions here is that the truth is the winner, not people.

Thanks.

:)

Oxy
    Participant

Ok.. sorry for spamming. I just got a little excited I guess.. lol.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 08 2006,14:35)
    To Oxy.

I'm guessing this is a trick question? Jesus was obviously talking to His Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Jesus is the Way and we follow him.

Jn 8.54
    ” 54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

So if he identified God for us
    should we not at least show respect for his view,
    better still believe what he says,
    before we go off and to create our own ideas about God?

Then is his Father not his God and our God?

Jn 20
    ” 17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 09 2006,15:20)

To Oxy.

I'm guessing this is a trick question? Jesus was obviously talking to His Father.

It's a straight forward question.

If Jesus prayed to God, then who answered him according to your teaching?

Dear Oxy,

Brother, here is the thing you must understand and it is very important to remember this.

God is not a God of confusion.

And by remembering this, you must know that God is not going to pose as his Son. He is not going to say he begat his Son, and then say it is his Son when it really was himself. Think for a moment. Would this not be confusion? For if it was God the Father and not the Son that came, would he have not plainly said so since he is not a God of confusion? Yet, the Father begat his Son, our salvation, so that whoever believes in him will never die. The Son is the perfect will of the Father, but not the Father. The Son must answer to the Father, for there is one God.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 09 2006,01:00)
    Dear Oxy,

Brother, here is the thing you must understand and it is very important to remember this.

God is not a God of confusion.

And by remembering this, you must know that God is not going to pose as his Son. He is not going to say he begat his Son, and then say it is his Son when it really was himself. Think for a moment. Would this not be confusion? For if it was God the Father and not the Son that came, would he have not plainly said so since he is not a God of confusion? Yet, the Father begat his Son, our salvation, so that whoever believes in him will never die. The Son is the perfect will of the Father, but not the Father. The Son must answer to the Father, for there is one God.

Now THAT was confusing! lol

I'm not sure where you're coming from H, but I have never said that the Son is the Father. THAT is ridiculous!

This whole web site is a place of confusion if you ask me. So many different people with different ideas and of course they are all right and everyone else wrong.

Confusion comes from the devil, the father of lies and I think he has a ball in THIS place!

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 09 2006,00:05)

Quote (Oxy @ Sep. 09 2006,15:20)

To Oxy.

It's a straight forward question.

If Jesus prayed to God, then who answered him according to your teaching?

According to the Bible's teaching, His Father answered Him.

:p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    So the Father is the God of Jesus and our God.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 09 2006,02:17)
    Hi Oxy,
    So the Father is the God of Jesus and our God.

Yep.

It's kinda like this. I am body soul and spirit. I am one person. My body is subject to my soul, but my soul is guided by my spirit.

Hence I am, in my own right, a trinity.

God made me that way. I was fashioned after Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    There is a little problem.
    God is not flesh
    God is spirit.

Oxy
    Participant

Far out, and I thought Jesus was…… you know.. flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    No.
    Wrong again.

According to sacred scripture;

He partook of flesh
    He came in the flesh

Even you and I are more than flesh.

Oxy
    Participant

I meant that He came in the flesh

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account