Have a good testimony?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 04 2007,05:32)
    Hi All:

The individual who held the title of Bishop of the church where I expect to be ordained as Bishop was asked to leave the church, and is now working as a security guard for me.  Perhaps, the Lord is clearing the way for me to go back to the church to be ordained as their Bishop, but I am not anticipating when this will take place.  I only know that he showed me that I would be ordained as a Bishop over the church.  I will keep you posted.

God Bless

You have a security guard?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 04 2007,17:37)
    Thanks for sharing.  Is this church where you hope to serve a Catholic church?  Is a Bishop the same as a Pastor?  Forgive my ignorance, please.  Do you have to wear a robe?  See, I have a problem with the robes and all the pomp and circumstance stuff (I think Jesus did, too).  :)

HiNot3in1:

A Bishop is an overseer in the church.  Some times it is the pastor, but in my case it would be to insure that the church is teaching correct doctrine and insuring that all things in the church are done in orderly fashion.

No, this is not connected with the Catholic church.  The church where I believe I will be ordained is a Pentacostal oriented church, and so no I won't wear a fancy robe or any thing like that.  Sackcloth implying humility will be more like what I will wear.

Anyway, I will keep you all posted relative to this.  I am not even sure that this is what has in mind at this time, and so I am not anticipating but will take what ever comes my way each day with thanks giving in my heart.

I am just thankful that my sins are forgiven, and that I have the tremendous privlege and honour of being a son of the Most High God.  Thank you Jesus for giving me this privlege and honour.

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 04 2007,19:33)

Quote (942767 @ June 04 2007,05:32)
    Hi All:

The individual who held the title of Bishop of the church where I expect to be ordained as Bishop was asked to leave the church, and is now working as a security guard for me.  Perhaps, the Lord is clearing the way for me to go back to the church to be ordained as their Bishop, but I am not anticipating when this will take place.  I only know that he showed me that I would be ordained as a Bishop over the church.  I will keep you posted.

God Bless

You have a security guard?

Hi Isaiah 1:18:

I am a sergeant who supervises 4 security guards for a Security Company.

The person that was the Bishop of the church to which a refer came to me looking for a job and I took him to the company for which I work and they hired him and assigned him to my location, and so I am now his supervisor, and so that is what I meant by him working for me.

Sorry for the confusion.  I didn't make that clear.

Participant

Hi All:

As I shared with you at length in my personal testimony, I turned to the Lord when my wife was going to leave me and take my son, who was about eight years old at the time, with her.

My son was saved sometime later probably around 1995 and He and his wife and my grandaughter were in church and they were a happy family.  My son who is a talented guitarist was in the church choir.

But then my son and his wife began having marital problems.  I don't know the nature of their problems, and my son has not shared this with me.  I know that they were going to the pastor of the church that they were attending for counseling.  During this time my son's wife left him and took my grandaughter with her, and the pastor of the church that he was attending asked him to leave and not to come back for a while.  I don't know why, but probably trying  to get my son to repent.  This was probably a mistake.

When his wife left him my son was devastated, she left him with all of the bills, and I believe that he was forced to file bankruptcy.  My wife and I have been trying to help him and so we paid for his mobile home and then when when his car stopped running, we bought him the car that he presently has, a 1999 Ford Mustang.  We titled the car in my name so that we could also pay for the insurance on it so that would not be a burden for him.

My son and his wife went through a divorce, and she remarried and has a son by this man having had relations with him while she was separated from my son, but she is now divorced from that man and is dating another.  My grandaughter has been going between houses because they have joint custody of her.

My son also stated dating another woman at some point after the divorce.

My wife wanted me to try to fix his old car so that we could sell it, and I got to my son's moble home about 7 AM one morning to work on the car and his girl friend came out of the mobile home saying to me thank Scott (my son) for letting me use his computer.

Well, I was suspicious that he and his girl friend were staying together without getting married, and so I wrote to my son and told him that I wasn't accusing him of this, but if he was living his life contrary to the Word of God, I was not going to be able to help him because if I supported him in this, I would also be guilty of sinning against God, and so if he wanted his mother and I to continue to help him, and he and his girl friend were staying together, this could not continue.  I also told him that according the Word of God, he was free to re-marry since his wife left him and was unfaithful.

His girl friend called my wife and met with her and told her that they were planning the possibility of marriage.

Several years have gone by and my son is still dating this woman, but they have not married.  My son is pretty much taking care of all his bills except that his car is titled in my name and we (my wife and I) are still paying for the insurance, and my wife is doing various things helping my grandaughter.

Still suspicious, I prayed and asked God that if my son and his girlfriend were staying together to reveal it to me, and so he showed me in a dream the Mustang parked in the yard with the door open and there was no apparent damage to it, and he was driving an old car (old, like a clunker).

I told my wife about the dream and I told her that I believed that God was showing me that they were staying together, but that I was not going to follow them to see if it was a fact, but I would wait for further revelation from God.  

I wrote to my son by E-mail and told him again that he was an adult and he was free to live his life any way that he wants, but that if he was living his life contrary to the Word of God, I could not help him because I would be a partaker of his sin.  I told him that the title to his car was in my name and I would be willing to transfer the title to him and that I would pay the fees involved in transfer, but that he would be responsible for the insurance.  I waited two or three days, and I did not hear from him, and so I called him by phone and left a message telling him that he needed to let me know either by E-mail or by phone what he wanted to do regarding this matter.

One evening after this there was a thunderstorm, and there were three loud cannon like blasts of lightning right outside of my house.  The lightning did not run in on any thing nor did it hit any of the trees in my yard.  I told my wife that I needed to confront my son about he and his girlfriend staying together because if this was happening, I did not want the title to his car to continue in my name, and
    I did not want to face an angry God, as demonstrated by the lightening bolts, by partaking in my son's sin.

I did not sleep well at all that night because I believed that God was telling me that I had to do something.  After waiting for my son, to let me know something, I woke up early one morning and drove to my son's home with the intent of taking the tags off of the car.  When I got there his girl firends car was also parked in the drive way confirming what God was telling me.  I took the tags off of the car and I called him and left message on his phone answering system telling him that I had the tags and that he could not drive the car.

Of course, my wife is all upset with me, but it was necessary for me to do what I did not only to avoid partaking of his sin but also, to confront him with his sin.  I believe that God is going some how to bring him to repentance.  There two reasons for saying this.  First, God has spoken to me in an audible voice and has told me that he was going to be saved, and secondly, in a vision that I saw in 1985, I say myself with an anointed band wrapped around my forehead (this is relative to my being ordained to the office of a bishop), and I saw my son taken captive on a ship bound for Greece (symbolic? I don't know).  When he called for me, I came to get him asking him if he was ready to hear what God had to say to him.

Remember the story of the Prodigal Son.  Our Father is waiting longing his children to return to him so that he can bless them, and I am waiting for my son to repent so that God will bless him and so that I can give him back his car.  The dream showing that the door to the Mustang is open symbolizes that he can get his car back when he repents.

Also, I am hoping that God will in this process bring my son and his former wife back together so that my grandaughter will not have to go between houses and so that the son that my former daughter-in-law has can have a good Christian father to raise him. I have been praying for this to happen since the divorce, and I know that God will do every thing in his power to bring it to pass.  It would be a miracle, but then God is a God of miracles.

I will keep you informed.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Is your son now primarily a son of God or your son?
    Why would you assume the role of Father God for him?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2007,07:15)
    Hi 94,
    Is your son now primarily a son of God or your son?
    Why would you assume the role of Father God for him?

Hi Nick:

He is out of the will of God at this time, but God has shown me that he would be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Is God unfaithful or helpless?
    Prayer rather allows God's ministry.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2007,07:35)
    Hi 94,
    Is God unfaithful or helpless?
    Prayer rather allows God's ministry.

Hi Nick:

The point of this is that I can not support some one who is in sin because if I do I will also be guilty or a partaker of his sin.  I am not taking the roll of Father God for him but I am praying that God will bring him to repentance so that he will not have to be destroyed in the lake of fire.  

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I thought our primary task was to love one another.

Do you not sin?
    Are you any better?
    We are supposed to judge.

Not3in1
    Participant

94, think of this – Jesus ate with sinners. He was invited into their homes and he accepted the invitation. We don't have any record of Jesus correcting any of them, do we? He ate with them and *probably* showed them by example the love of God. I encourage you to do the same. It is most difficult to do this with children, I understand – as you want them to live a life free from trouble and pain. But, Jesus is a very good example for us. He loved us. He ate with us. He offered us eternal life and left the decision up to us.

Thank you for sharing this personal story with us. I will keep your family in prayer because you have opened yourself up to us. Love to you and yours, brother!

:)

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2007,13:42)
    Hi 94,
    I thought our primary task was to love one another.

Do you not sin?
    Are you any better?
    We are supposed to judge.

Hi Nick:

Remember Eli and his wicked sons and the consequences for both Eli and his sons for not confronting them?

Also, The Lord says the following:

Matt. 5:29
    And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  
    5:30
    And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  

I am not judging him at all he is an adult and he can live his life any way that he wants, but if I help him when he is wilfully practicing sin, then I am also guilty of sin.

Yes, I do sin but I am not practicing wilfully, and if I make a mistake, I repent asking God to forgive me, and that is the difference.

And no, I am not the judge, and as I already stated my son can live his life any way that he wants, and so can I, and I choose to obey God.

And yes, we are supposed to love one another as Jesus our Lord loved us, and the reason that I have done what I have done is because I love him and I do not want him to be destroyed in the lake of fire.  Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice and suffered all of the insults and punishment that he endured so that any time if as man chooses to repent he can have his sins forgiven and be reconciled to God, but he is not the minister of sin.  I am not going to go into the lake fire not for my son, I love so very much, and not for you or any one else.

Matt. 10:37
    He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  
    10:38
    And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  
    10:39
    He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

I have done what I have done in obedience to God, and God has shown me the end result, and so if this doesn't satisfy you then I don't know what else to respond to you.

If you would like to join me in prayer for my son than I would welcome your prayers.

God Bless

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 17 2007,14:52)
    94, think of this – Jesus ate with sinners.  He was invited into their homes and he accepted the invitation.  We don't have any record of Jesus correcting any of them, do we?  He ate with them and *probably* showed them by example the love of God.  I encourage you to do the same.  It is most difficult to do this with children, I understand – as you want them to live a life free from trouble and pain.  But, Jesus is a very good example for us.  He loved us.  He ate with us.  He offered us eternal life and left the decision up to us.

Thank you for sharing this personal story with us.  I will keep your family in prayer because you have opened yourself up to us.  Love to you and yours, brother!

:)

Hi Not3in1:

Thanks for the advice.  I am not correcting my son, and as I said, He can live his life any way that he wants, but if I support him in practicing sin wilfully, then I am also guilty of sin, and I am not going help him to disobey God.  If he wants to this on his own, that is his prerogative.

Also, I am doing this in response to what the Lord has shown me to do, and he has shown me the end result, and so if you would like to join me in prayer for he and the rest of my family I would welcome your prayers.

As you say Jesus ate with sinners and I was one of the worst before I became a Christian, and the difference here is that my son was in the church at one time and so that would make him a back slidden Christian.

Here is what the Apostle Paul says:

1 Co. 5:9
    I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:  
    5:10
    Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.  
    5:11
    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.  
    5:12
    For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  
    5:13
    But them that are without God judgeth . Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.  

And so you see, there is a difference between someone who is a practicing sinner, and some one who has professesed to be a Christian.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

Something really neat happened to me tonight.
    We have been experiencing a lot of heavy rain in the Pacific Northwest today, at times, complete down-pours. Tonight, just before it started to let loose, I went outside on our deck. The sky was that yellow-orange color, the color the sky gets right before it dumps on you! It smelled fabulous, and all the birds were singing and gathering their last supplies for the night because it was quickly becoming dusk.
    As the rain started, I ducked inside but kept the door open. I wanted to keep smelling the perfumed air. I wanted to thank God for rain and for being so awesome. It made me feel small.
    As I watched the sky change from all the fabulous colors to grey, I noticed a misty fog had rolled in. The rain was really falling now – monsoon style.
    As I reached out to touch the water spilling out of our rain gutters, there was a bolt of lightening that lit up the sky! It scared me and gave me a start as I pulled my hand back……..and then the huge roll of thunder followed! It was nothing short of awesome.

God reminded me of something while I stood and worshipped him in silence, and in appreciation of the rain……..HE IS GOD. Not only does he hold all the water of the world in the shallow of his hand, but he holds my life there as well.

I was a bit down-hearted today at the realization that we have multiple ideas of who God is here on this site. I have been quieting my spirit this afternoon in an effort to hear from God. And then the storm came……….

I did hear from God, and in such a mighty, awesome way. His message to me, and I believe to us tonight, is that he is God. There is only one God; the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Jesus Christ. Join with me in praising God for who he is tonight. He is God, and there is no other.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 29 2007,17:10)
    We have been experiencing a lot of heavy rain in the Pacific Northwest today, at times, complete down-pours.  Tonight, just before it started to let loose, I went outside on our deck.  The sky was that yellow-orange color, the color the sky gets right before it dumps on you!  It smelled fabulous, and all the birds were singing and gathering their last supplies for the night because it was quickly becoming dusk.
    As the rain started, I ducked inside but kept the door open.  I wanted to keep smelling the perfumed air.  I wanted to thank God for rain and for being so awesome.  It made me feel small.
    As I watched the sky change from all the fabulous colors to grey, I noticed a misty fog had rolled in.  The rain was really falling now – monsoon style.
    As I reached out to touch the water spilling out of our rain gutters, there was a bolt of lightening that lit up the sky!  It scared me and gave me a start as I pulled my hand back……..and then the huge roll of thunder followed!  It was nothing short of awesome.

God reminded me of something while I stood and worshipped him in silence, and in appreciation of the rain……..HE IS GOD.  Not only does he hold all the water of the world in the shallow of his hand, but he holds my life there as well.

I was a bit down-hearted today at the realization that we have multiple ideas of who God is here on this site.  I have been quieting my spirit this afternoon in an effort to hear from God.  And then the storm came……….

I did hear from God, and in such a mighty, awesome way.  His message to me, and I believe to us tonight, is that he is God.  There is only one God; the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Jesus Christ.  Join with me in praising God for who he is tonight.  He is God, and there is no other.

Yes God is one, one in Jesus, one inthe apostles and one in all born again children of the Father. Then all in all!

acertainchap
    Participant

We have been experiencing a lot of heavy rain in the Pacific Northwest today, at times, complete down-pours.  Tonight, just before it started to let loose, I went outside on our deck.  The sky was that yellow-orange color, the color the sky gets right before it dumps on you!  It smelled fabulous, and all the birds were singing and gathering their last supplies for the night because it was quickly becoming dusk.
    As the rain started, I ducked inside but kept the door open.  I wanted to keep smelling the perfumed air.  I wanted to thank God for rain and for being so awesome.  It made me feel small.
    As I watched the sky change from all the fabulous colors to grey, I noticed a misty fog had rolled in.  The rain was really falling now – monsoon style.
    As I reached out to touch the water spilling out of our rain gutters, there was a bolt of lightening that lit up the sky!  It scared me and gave me a start as I pulled my hand back……..and then the huge roll of thunder followed!  It was nothing short of awesome.

God reminded me of something while I stood and worshipped him in silence, and in appreciation of the rain……..HE IS GOD.  Not only does he hold all the water of the world in the shallow of his hand, but he holds my life there as well.

I was a bit down-hearted today at the realization that we have multiple ideas of who God is here on this site.  I have been quieting my spirit this afternoon in an effort to hear from God.  And then the storm came……….

I did hear from God, and in such a mighty, awesome way.  His message to me, and I believe to us tonight, is that he is God.  There is only one God; the God of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and Jesus Christ.  Join with me in praising God for who he is tonight.  He is God, and there is no other.

Dude, er…Dudette? That was an awesome testimony.

Neil
    Participant

Hi,

Im in the military, and I have been told my whole life that there is something about me…?? well while I was at my MOS school, everyone got to pick their duty station on where they wanted to go. Everyone was going where they wanted to go. I prayed that night to the Lord that he would send me where he would want me to be. The next day, they changed my station (without my permission no less) to Az. since ive been here, I always had the feeling to go to the church down the street, but i never went until one day this past spring, I meet a young man in the hallway, I was bored and didnt know what to do with my self. He asked me if I wanted to go to church, its saturday no less, I said sure. ever since then, I would go there and feel the Holy spirit there like no where else in the world. If the Lord would have not stepped in and changed my place in the world, then I would not be here. In May, I went to the river with a few of my friends from church, everyone was playing in the water, but the current picked up. Without noticing, I went really deep into the water. There was a steep drop off where the shallow end was. I began to cry out for help but no one heard me. I went under the water 3 times befor anyone noticed I was drowning. I compleatly submitted my self to Jesus and I thought with in my self, “Lord, if this is how you want me to go, then Ill go.” then, my loungs caught a full wave of air and I raised to the top of the water where I saw my friends whom, safely pulled me to shore. from then on, nothing but me and Jesus. First I want to thank God for this life that I have. Because with out him I would not be here today. I live for him now. Thank You Jesus for your Grace and Mercy.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Since Ken apologized, I am back and I thought I would share some of our Live experiences with you. My Husband and I both were born in Germany. He was born in Wusen East Prussa in which is close to poland, but at that time belonged to Germany. They had a 64 acre farm. Since my Husbands Father died in the War and they had to leave their Home they ended up in Berlin. He came by himself to America in 1958. He was only 21 years old. He had a lot of guts, but no sense (cents either)He jokingly will tell you. I was born in Rheine Germany which is in the Northern part of Germany. My Father also died in the War, but my Mother remarried. And in 1955 we came to America I was 16 years old. It was hard at first, I spoke no English neither did my Husband. I met my Husband through an old Boyfriend and in 1961 we were married. We have 4 Children and 6 Grandchildren and 3 Step grandchildren now.

When did God first came into my live. It was back in Germany when I was 8 years old and People were saying that the world would come to an end. I remember going into a clover field laying down and looking into the blue sky(it was a beautiful day) I said :” God here I am, I am ready for You.” But of course the world did not come to an end. My Mother and Stepfather were not very active in the Catholic Church, but we went from school once a week. My Husband was also Catholic and they always went to Church on a regular basis. We were both Baptized into the Church as Babies which is the practice of the Catholic Church. When we were married, I started to go with my Husband and all of our Children were Baptized there. I was very active in the Church, Started a Woman's Organization and a Rosary Dedication. I also loved to sing and did some Solo's and sang in the Choir. So when my Husband started to listen to Mr. Armstrong and told me about it, I was very upset. I went to prove Mr. Armstrong wrong. So I went to a Bible Store to find something on cults. I found a small Booklet, but this big Book could my eye, which convinced me avengently to leave the Catholic Church. We lost all our friends, but we made a lot of new friends. I have to say I was really happy in the W.W.C.of God.
    Keeping the Sabbath became a problem tho, since we owned a Bakery and Saturdays were the busiest days of all. So were Christmas and Easter. The W.W.C.of God kept all the Holy days. So we set out to sell the Bakery. After one year it had not sold yet. We had offered it to our oldest Son who had been married by then, but He declined. The only way that was left, was to close the Bakery on Saturdays and open on Sundays. We had a big Sign made and left for the Feast of Tabernacle, which lasted 8 Days. There were Feast sited all over the world and We really enjoyed those times. We trusted our oldest Son to take over and we left. When we came back, our Son could not wait to tell us that they had decided to buy to Bakery from us.
    We learned our first big lesson, you can't make a bargain with God. If you sell the Bakery for us then we keep the Sabbath. No first obey and then He will bless you. And He has. There are more of the same trials that I could share with you, but those are to personal. In 1985 We were both Babtized acording to scripture. Looking back I can say that God has always taking care of us and still is. We both have always been seeking God with all of our Hearts and We both feel that the beliefs that we both share are from God. Some truths like the preexisting of Christ I just recently fully understood. It was not easy on our Family tho. My Husbands Mother still lived in Berlin at the time, when She found out Her reply was :” If that what the Bible says then throw the Bible away.” We are both getting old together. Have been married now for 46 years. Time really passes quickly. Hear that Chap? I am so ready now, like the time in the clover field in Germany. But now I know my time is short!!!!!Are yours too, maybe soon. We do all hope for that to happen sooner or later that Christ will return, right?
    In Christian Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Neil Is that your real name Kejonn? Are you still in the Army reserve? My Brother-In-Law who also came from Germany a year later then my Husband, joined the Army when my Husband and I got married. He made it a career. He was in Vietnam twice and in Korea once. Only by the grace of God did He survive. He retired as a Major. He also was a White House Aid under President Nixon. After retiring He became a Dr. in Psychology and worked for the Polices Department setting up programs for Drug-Addicts. He now also retired from that and lives in Florida with His wife. We thank God for it all.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

IM,

Neil just happens to be using the same avatar as me :;):. And MY real name is Kevin John (first and middle). Kejonn is a weird contraction.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ June 30 2007,07:15)

Yes God is one, one in Jesus, one inthe apostles and one in all born again children of the Father.  Then all in all!

Kenrch & not3in1…..truer words were never spoken. bless you both……..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account