Has anyone seen God or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2010,09:14)
    Hi Oxy,
    Miracles are not proof.[mt7.22]
    Neither is teaching a god of your own design.

I agree miracles are not proof, but having the Holy Spirit within, speaking to you and guiding you and showing you the wonders of God is pretty convincing.

I praise God for the gift of tongues which edifies my innermost being and for the gift of prophesy and word of knowledge that allows Him to bless others through me as the Spirit leads.

Instead of finding ways to put down the experience in God that I have, why don't you ask yourself if your theology is getting in the way of you enjoying the walk that I have, or better.

My purpose here is simply to share the wonderful experience I enjoy with God and to encourage others in their walk.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Pretty convincing is good enough in terms of eternity?
    Best to abide in Scripture.[2Jn9]

Oxy
    Participant

Funny that my experience lines up with Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Is personal experience enough in terms of eternity?[col2.18]

Oxy
    Participant

There are many religions that do not have the reality of a living experience with God Nick. If God is talking to me and directing my path then I have assurance that all is well. Scripture teaches this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    When did you discard the map?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy………….True Miracles (ARE) indeed a sign from GOD and they do increase our Faith that He is Hearing Us , no matter if we understand the word written or not. “TELL ME THIS , HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU , DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OF BY HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”. FAITH is the key no matter how much scriptural knowledge you have. Any one who say they are a disciple of Jesus and has not experienced many Miracles i doubt there true relationship with GOD the Father. Anyone can be a parrot of the word. How can we say we have a (true) relationship with the Father and He does not hear us and answer our prayers. Our relationship with God is far more then then just what is written. That is not saying We are not to grow though in Grace and Knowledge though also. Don”t let anyone diminish you FAITH in the FATHER and Jesus, brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2010,05:32)
    Oxy………….True Miracles (ARE) indeed a sign from GOD and they do increase our Faith that He is Hearing Us , no matter if we understand the word written or not. “TELL ME THIS , HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU , DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OF BY HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”. FAITH is the key no matter how much scriptural knowledge you have. Any one who say they are a disciple of Jesus and has not experienced many Miracles i doubt there true relationship with GOD the Father. Anyone can be a parrot of the word. How can we say we have a (true) relationship with the Father and He does not hear us and answer our prayers.  Our relationship with God is far more then then just what is written. That is not saying We are not to grow though in Grace and Knowledge though also. Don”t let anyone diminish you FAITH in the FATHER and Jesus, brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Gene, I agree that there is much value in learning from the Scriptures, and indeed God has taught me from the Scriptures, saying to me “read this” and “Look at that” and giving me insight about what I was reading.

But faith comes by hearing, and there are many times when I have seen the glory of God through obeying the things He has told me to do.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2010,22:49)
    Hi Oxy,
    When did you discard the map?

The Word (logos, who became Christ) is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path.

I have not discarded the Scriptures or the Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    But you do prefer your own ideas.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2010,20:06)
    Hi Oxy,

No Nick, my ideas are nothing more than my ideas and I am open to learning, but that which the Lord has taught me is not my ideas. There is a huge difference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    But why do you offer what is not scriptural[like God has three parts] as if it was?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 09 2010,18:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2010,20:06)
    Hi Oxy,

No Nick, my ideas are nothing more than my ideas and I am open to learning, but that which the Lord has taught me is not my ideas.  There is a huge difference.

Greetings Oxy…..I can relate to your position on this matter and I might add “a clear understanding has he who keeps the commandments”….This was as statement made during the course of Jesus' ministry and Iam sure it is true….We have many scholars and students of scripture who fail to recognize that the written word is subject to the interpretation of the reader,that is why,if you have noticed there are multiple takes on any piece of scripture….We have those who parot verbatim,and we have those theorize,and we have those who God has blessed with the ability to discern….The thing to be carefull of is that you know with certainty that your direction is indeed from God and not of your own imagination….A fervent prayer for wisdom is key…

Oxy
    Participant

Theodore, thanks for your concern, but I know the Lord's voice and He has taught me both in Scripture and aside from Scripture. One of the things He taught me was that the Word of God became flesh and there is no Scriptural basis for calling the Bible the Word of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 10 2010,09:59)
    Theodore,

there is no Scriptural basis for calling the Bible the Word of God.

Hi Oxy,

Are you not Going to believe the Scriptures?
    We have been through this all before, why
    believe a lie from Lucifer? (Jeremiah 23:36)

Jer. 23:36 And the [message of The LORD] shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be
    [his own message
    ]; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.

Isaiah 38:4-8 Then came “The Word” of The LORD to Isaiah, saying,
    “Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith The LORD, the God of David thy father,
    I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
    And I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this city.
    And this shall be a sign unto thee from The LORD, that The LORD will do this thing that HE HATH SPOKEN;
    Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz,
    ten degrees backward.  So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.”

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Oxy
    Participant

I do believe the Scriptures Ed, but it seems not as you believe. So who should I listen to? You or the Lord? Should I perhaps say to the Lord “Ed seems to know more than You Lord, so forgive me if I don't listen to You any more.”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 11 2010,17:27)
    I do believe the Scriptures Ed, but it seems not as you believe.  So who should I listen to?  You or the Lord?  Should I perhaps say to the Lord “Ed seems to know more than You Lord, so forgive me if I don't listen to You any more.”

Hi Oxy,

There's no need for you to patronize me. I only pointed it out
    to 'you' that for certain “The Bible” is “The Word” of God as I have
    illustrated. You can continue to deny this fact if you want, but it's true!

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

Oxy
    Participant

Then why would God teach me differently?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi OXY,
    Good question.
    Does your teaching reflect scripture?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 11 2010,18:03)
    Then why would God teach me differently?

Hi Oxy,

The point is God would not teach you differently than his word!
    If you were taught differently, then 'your teacher' is suspect?

יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account