Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author

thethinker,Oct. wrote:

I thought our discussion was over? ???

thinker

you presented another subject matter, just responding. in your words “deal with it'

and by the by, since you do not read the hebrew scriptures, how can you even understand them and then interpret them for others to understand. this i found quite amusing.

your funny thinker, reminds of the story of when one was pointing at the moon, you are the one looking at the finger.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Is. 1:18 said to Mandy:

Before you get too caried away in your rebuke try to understand the application of my comments. Several times Thinker made what seemed to me a comment that conveyed this sentiment – every thing is pure the the christian, there is nothing we can do that is impure.

Paul,
    I hope that this is cleared up. I have argued against homosexuality in the unbeliever's forum. So those who know me assume that I have a common sense approach to the scriptures. You have been away and therefore you don't know me.

thinker

thinker you state,

So what good is David's religion?

and then again your own words

The one who cannot see the good has a defiled conscience

???

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 16 2009,02:02)

thethinker,Oct. wrote:

I thought our discussion was over? ???

thinker

you presented another subject matter, just responding. in your words “deal with it'

and by the by, since you do not read the hebrew scriptures, how can you even understand them and then interpret them for others to understand. this i found quite amusing.

your funny thinker, reminds of the story of when one was pointing at the moon, you are the one looking at the finger.

I posted that I consulted with my wife and she convinced me to apologize openly which I did. Then Mandy herself said that she was not offended. Yet you keep it up.

You are the pc police and pitbull all rolled into one.

thinker

You are the pc police and pitbull all rolled into one.

the K-9 unit, only here to help.  

:laugh:

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 16 2009,02:07)
    thinker you state,

So what good is David's religion?

and then again your own words

The one who cannot see the good has a defiled conscience

???

Trying to make it look like thethinker contradicted himself eh? First, you reversed the order inwhich I spoke. Second, you took both statements out of the context of their respective posts. I was speaking relatively in my question about David's religion. My intent was to get people to think. A religion that prohibits donating blood to needy and dying people is somewhat irrelevant. Don't you think?

You're definitely out to get me since my original remark which put you at odds with me. Therefore, you ignore the severity of employing old testament rules and misusing them to cancel out the new covenant. God will not tolerate our trampling upon His new covenant. It cost Him too much.

The JW prohibition of donating blood is a good example of the ills of legalism.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 16 2009,01:13)

Quote (georg @ Oct. 14 2009,22:30)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 14 2009,21:29)
    Wow: Sometimes this site gets awfully trivial about opinions. No one said a word about the correct postings thinker wrote. No one gave him any credit for being scriptually on target. Just a bunch of hooey crap about satan and evil. I suppose all who are against halloween are most certainly against christmas. You know, the pagan roots back to nimrod and the tree. You surely don't worship the decorated tree or even allow it in your house, right? Look for devils and they are everywhere you look. Look for Jesus/God and peace and love will dominate your life. Its your choice. Oh and while you are degrading a person for a sexual expression remember that its not what comes out of a man that defiles him, its what he covers over and keeps inside to boil and simmer and eventually become a cancer or other form of sickness. Thinker your expression was fun and non-threatning! We are free in Christ together. TK

You could not be more wrong in that you think it is alright for a Christian to celebrate a Festival that is stiffed in Paganism.
    You really think that God likes what heathen do?  Not in my book.  And as far as all Holidays are concerned, you need to read in Lev, 23 and see what God likes.  Those are His Holy Days.  I guess we are really getting to know who who is.
    And Who loves God and who loves Worldly things.  Just like the trinity…… Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Millions died because they wanted to do the right thing.  You think that could not happen again?  Oh, yes my friend, look around you we are on our way!  All I can say is I am glad I am 71 years old and soon leave this evil deceived world.  It all started in the second century and it has never stopped.
    You can all do what you can't stop doing, but one day, you too will see.  One more thing.  At Christmas time, more people commit suicide then any other time of the year. And Christ was not born on Dec. 25 either.  But it was Nimrods Birthday.
    you think I am wrong, just study Ancient History, you'll be surprised.  Are you also free in Christ to go out and get drunk?
    Or sin?  Or be abusive?  Give  me a break.
    Peace and Love  Irene

Irene: When you read what you wrote above, do you feel love in your heart? Does it make you feel peace? If there is love intended both you and the recipient would feel it. What I felt were harsh, accusing words filled with judgment and condemnation. What ever it is that you believe, I hope you are at peace with it. Bless you, TK

TK,
    You are absolutely right about Irene. I know a man who was an elder in a Presbyterian church. He had a very bad experience with the other leadership in that church. He eventually left that church and became a leader in my church.  

The leadership at my church and even some of the parishoners have seen him carry his grievances from his former church into his dealings in my church. He and the leadership agreed that he should step down because he was anti everything.

It is clear that Irene has carried her grievances with the Catholic Church into this forum. She has a distinct “anti” mentality. Her whole perspective on things is clouded. Once she even faulted Mandy who expressed love for CA who is a Catholic and a trinitarian. Mandy is not a trinitarian and Irene cannot understand how a fellow non-trinitarian can love a trinitarian.

When you get to heaven be sure to be very quiet. Irene will be very disappointed if she found out that trinitarians will be there too.

thinker

RokkaMan
    Participant

Amen TT, I do not believe being right or wrong about trinitarianism will get you in, or exclude you from heaven.

It's a subject that doesn't effect salvation, even tho it is a confusion of God's being, I strongly doubt God wants anyone to worry about his being and what he's made of.

What we know from scripture is that it is ok to pray and worship Jesus…as long as we worship him AS the Son and not AS The Father.

Fine, call him God…he actually is God compared to all creation…yet he is not God like The Father…so as long as we respect The Father and The Son for who they are…trinitarian or anti-trinitarian…it makes no difference.

thinker,

delusion paranoid you might have, out to get you, truly.

so david does not give blood, under your new age he has the choice to participate or not, there is no sin involved, and if it had any, it would be made pure through Christ, as you teach.

you are making these new age rules thinker, not me.

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 15 2009,03:36)
    WorshippingJesus said:

So while the world is doing its thing, is it wrong for me or my church group to use that time for inspirational purposes and fellowship with our Christian children and showing the world that we are different without being legalistic about it?

Just my opinion! My conscience is clear and in fact washed by the blood of the Lamb.

“Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything”. 1 Cor 6:12

Keith,
    Amen bro! “To the pure all things are pure.” Hebrews says that our conciences have been sprinkled with clean water. The new covenant age is the age of conscience and liberty. Many here just want to entangle us again with the yoke of bondage with their “touch not” and “taste not” menatlity.

I can't believe that Marty and Con make the uclean animals a health issue when it was just a ceremonial uncleanness. Certain Israelites were also called “unclean.” A woman was “unclean” during her menstral period.

Is it true today that a woman is “unclean” to God during her menstral period? Of course not! Her uncleanness under the old covenant was ceremonial and not inherent. The same was true of certain animals.

God clearly revealed to Peter that God has cleansed all things and that we are forbidden to call anything He has cleansed “uncommon.” Paul said that nothing is unclean of itself.

thinker

Why do you keep bastardizing the Petra verse, it has to do with petra bringing an unclean gentile into the fold. I love the way you use verses.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,01:20)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 15 2009,01:08)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,07:32)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 14 2009,15:16)
    Jack,
    Paul wrote of “impurity” in the very verse I quoted. So evidently there is such a thing as impurity for the christian. Our liberty in Christ is not a licence to sin. I have more to write on this but I have to dash to work.

Blessings

Hi Paul

I do not think I have ever disagreed with you even once.  :(

But I don't see passing out candy to kids who have costumes on as sin either. I have given kids Bible tracts with their candy.

And I sure do not see anything wrong with parents or church groups having an alternative to the secular and worldy practice of it, for instance dressing as Bible Charactors and playing games as well as having candy!

Blessings WJ

I guess I have a different perspective to you brother. I live in a country where Halloween is a new (and unfortunate) importation. So it has not been intergrated into my culture and I have not become comfortable with it. I see it for what it is, an obscenity dressed up so as to be palitable to the masses. Look into it's origin.

Hi Paul

Ok, I can accept that! Surely I would not say you are wrong for obeying your conscience.

However for me when I read most of the post in this thread it seems to me to have the smell of “Legalism”, and a little hypocrosy!

I am not saying this of you brother, but there are plenty examples of the world inventing something and carrying it to extremes by using it for evil like in “Sports” or the “Internet”, or TV, and yet Christians are involved without sinning. For instance, some men worship football or basketball, yet many Christians partake without sinning by buying a game ticket or getting together with their friends on a Sunday evening to watch a game.

Paul said…

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Cor 9:22

The roots of Halloween here is not even understood and in fact is not even practiced by most unsaved.

So while the world is doing its thing, is it wrong for me or my church group to use that time for inspirational purposes and fellowship with our Christian children and showing the world that we are different without being legalistic about it?

Just my opinion! My conscience is clear and in fact washed by the blood of the Lamb.

“Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything“. 1 Cor 6:12

Bessings Keith

As Kieth tries to pawn it off as just another harmless flippant custom, and make any who think it wrong as pharasitical, legalistic and maybe even hypocritical.

My question to you is, does allowing your impressionable little children to dress up like witchs, demons, warlocks, ghouls, ghosts and goblins edify God? Or does it distract or detract from edification?

Oh don't get me wrong I have nothing against your I can have my cake and eat it too beliefs, after all thats the way of many progressive churchs today preach its about you and not about God style. But does it edify. Please give me a straight answer and not the usual “well it dont hurt” answer.

Yours truly,

The Pharasitical Legalistic downright hypocritical Constitutionalist

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,11:18)

WorshippingJesus said:

“Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything”. 1 Cor 6:12

Keith,
    Amen bro! “To the pure all things are pure.” Hebrews says that our conciences have been sprinkled with clean water. The new covenant age is the age of conscience and liberty. Many here just want to entangle us again with the yoke of bondage with their “touch not” and “taste not” menatlity.

I can't believe that Marty and Con make the uclean animals a health issue when it was just a ceremonial uncleanness. Certain Israelites were also called “unclean.” A woman was “unclean” during her menstral period.

Is it true today that a woman is “unclean” to God during her menstral period? Of course not! Her uncleanness under the old covenant was ceremonial and not inherent. The same was true of certain animals.

God clearly revealed to Peter that God has cleansed all things and that we are forbidden to call anything He has cleansed “uncommon.” Paul said that nothing is unclean of itself.

thinker

Why do you keep bastardizing the Petra verse, it has to do with petra bringing an unclean gentile into the fold. I love the way you use verses.

Con

And why do you keep subscribing to bad teaching?

The Spirit clearly says that in later times SOME WILL ABANDON THE FAITH and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”. Such teachings come through “HYPOCRITICAL LIARS”, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. “They forbid” people to marry “AND ORDER THEM **TO ABSTAIN FROM CERTAIN FOODS**, which GOD CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING by those who believe and who know the truth”. “FOR EVERYTHING GOD CREATED IS GOOD, and “NOTHING IS TO BE REJECTED” if it is received with thanksgiving, because “IT IS CONSECRATED BY THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER”. If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, “brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed”. 1 Tim 4:1-6

I think it is you who has bastardized the scriptural meaning of Peters vision!

WJ

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,11:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,01:20)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 15 2009,01:08)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,07:32)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 14 2009,15:16)
    Jack,
    Paul wrote of “impurity” in the very verse I quoted. So evidently there is such a thing as impurity for the christian. Our liberty in Christ is not a licence to sin. I have more to write on this but I have to dash to work.

Blessings

Hi Paul

I do not think I have ever disagreed with you even once.  :(

But I don't see passing out candy to kids who have costumes on as sin either. I have given kids Bible tracts with their candy.

And I sure do not see anything wrong with parents or church groups having an alternative to the secular and worldy practice of it, for instance dressing as Bible Charactors and playing games as well as having candy!

Blessings WJ

I guess I have a different perspective to you brother. I live in a country where Halloween is a new (and unfortunate) importation. So it has not been intergrated into my culture and I have not become comfortable with it. I see it for what it is, an obscenity dressed up so as to be palitable to the masses. Look into it's origin.

Hi Paul

Ok, I can accept that! Surely I would not say you are wrong for obeying your conscience.

However for me when I read most of the post in this thread it seems to me to have the smell of “Legalism”, and a little hypocrosy!

I am not saying this of you brother, but there are plenty examples of the world inventing something and carrying it to extremes by using it for evil like in “Sports” or the “Internet”, or TV, and yet Christians are involved without sinning. For instance, some men worship football or basketball, yet many Christians partake without sinning by buying a game ticket or getting together with their friends on a Sunday evening to watch a game.

Paul said…

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Cor 9:22

The roots of Halloween here is not even understood and in fact is not even practiced by most unsaved.

“Everything is permissible for me”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”–but I will not be mastered by anything“. 1 Cor 6:12

Bessings Keith

As Kieth tries to pawn it off as just another harmless flippant custom, and make any who think it wrong as pharasitical, legalistic and maybe even hypocritical.

My question to you is, does allowing your impressionable little children to dress up like witchs, demons, warlocks, ghouls, ghosts and goblins edify God? Or does it distract or detract from edification?

Oh don't get me wrong I have nothing against your I can have my cake and eat it too beliefs, after all thats the way of many progressive churchs today preach its about you and not about God style. But does it edify. Please give me a straight answer and not the usual “well it dont hurt” answer.

Yours truly,

The Pharasitical Legalistic downright hypocritical Constitutionalist

Hi all

See this is the usual harsh judgment and critical Spirit that comes from legalist.

First of all Con doesn't even understand my post for if he did he would not have asked this question…

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,11:30)

This is usually the normal practice of those who just close their ears to the truth.

WJ

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 15 2009,06:13)

Wow: Sometimes this site gets awfully trivial about opinions. No one said a word about the correct postings thinker wrote. No one gave him any credit for being scriptually on target. Just a bunch of hooey crap about satan and evil. I suppose all who are against halloween are most certainly against christmas. You know, the pagan roots back to nimrod and the tree. You surely don't worship the decorated tree or even allow it in your house, right? Look for devils and they are everywhere you look. Look for Jesus/God and peace and love will dominate your life. Its your choice. Oh and while you are degrading a person for a sexual expression remember that its not what comes out of a man that defiles him, its what he covers over and keeps inside to boil and simmer and eventually become a cancer or other form of sickness. Thinker your expression was fun and non-threatning! We are free in Christ together. TK

You could not be more wrong in that you think it is alright for a Christian to celebrate a Festival that is stiffed in Paganism.
    You really think that God likes what heathen do?  Not in my book.  And as far as all Holidays are concerned, you need to read in Lev, 23 and see what God likes.  Those are His Holy Days.  I guess we are really getting to know who who is.
    And Who loves God and who loves Worldly things.  Just like the trinity…… Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Millions died because they wanted to do the right thing.  You think that could not happen again?  Oh, yes my friend, look around you we are on our way!  All I can say is I am glad I am 71 years old and soon leave this evil deceived world.  It all started in the second century and it has never stopped.
    You can all do what you can't stop doing, but one day, you too will see.  One more thing.  At Christmas time, more people commit suicide then any other time of the year. And Christ was not born on Dec. 25 either.  But it was Nimrods Birthday.
    you think I am wrong, just study Ancient History, you'll be surprised.  Are you also free in Christ to go out and get drunk?
    Peace and Love  Irene

Irene: When you read what you wrote above, do you feel love in your heart? Does it make you feel peace? If there is love intended both you and the recipient would feel it. What I felt were harsh, accusing words filled with judgment and condemnation. What ever it is that you believe, I hope you are at peace with it. Bless you, TK

Tim,
    Would she feel peace if she ignored it?

Trivial because you dont like the other view and wish it downplayed?

I have not found TT scriptually sound or on target.

I dont worship the nimrof tree, because I do not put one up.

And yes devils are everywhere, look they got you luvn Halloween and christmas to the point of defending them.

Oh I see why you like TT's verses, cause you misquote your own as well. “its not what comes out of a man that defiles him”, is about ceromonial handwashing, it has no sexual connatations.

Yours and TT's misquotes are threatening.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,03:18)

WorshippingJesus said:

Keith,

thinker

If God had not cleansed the animals then how could Peter have concluded that the Gentiles were now clean? ??? Paul said concerning meats that “nothing is unclean of itself.” Oh, I forgot, you prefer to keep the old covenant around.

Just so you know…the term “new covenant” means that the old was “passing away” with all its codes and regulations.

In that He says, “A new covenant, ” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (Heb. 8:13)

Did you get that sir? To say the words “new covenant” and then impose the old regulations is to speak out of two sides of your mouth. You cannot mingle the old covenant with the new. Jesus likened this to putting new wine into old wineskins. The result is devastating.

You have corrupted God's new covenant and are an enemy of Christianity.

thinker

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 15 2009,18:22)
    Mandy, there's a bit more to it than that…

“The wearing of costumes and masks at Halloween goes back to the Celtic traditions of attempting to copy the evil spirits or to placate them.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

But I've also read other stories about the costumes that date back to the Celtics and farther…..who's right? :;):

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,15:50)
    Blessed are You, LORD our God, King of the universe, Who gave to us the Messiah Yeshua and the commandments of the Renewed Covenant. Blessed art You, LORD, Giver of the Renewed Covenant. Blessed are You, LORD our God, King of the universe, Who gave to us the Word of Truth and planted everlasting life in our midst. Blessed are You, LORD, Giver of the Renewed Covenant.

Thank God!

CT………Amen to that brother

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

georg
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,03:41)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 15 2009,06:13)

Peace and Love  Irene

Tim,
    Would she feel peace if she ignored it?

Trivial because you dont like the other view and wish it downplayed?

I have not found TT scriptually sound or on target.

I dont worship the nimrof tree, because I do not put one up.

And yes devils are everywhere, look they got you luvn Halloween and christmas to the point of defending them.

Oh I see why you like TT's verses, cause you misquote your own as well. “its not what comes out of a man that defiles him”, is about ceromonial handwashing, it has no sexual connatations.

Yours and TT's misquotes are threatening.

Tim  So when I am saying to you that the trinity and Halloween is wrong I am judging you?  What I am doing is informing you about a false pratice that you are doing.  And what about you, if you think I am jusdging? Come on be for real.  To even say it is right to dress up in any old way, you participating in that feast!!  As far as Christmas is concerned that too, is pagan.  Christ is not born on Dec. 25 either.  But a News Commentator once said, ” we celebrate Christ on that day and we like it.”  In the last days people make evil good.  No matter what!!!!!  What makes me wonder also, that they look to some man for their answer, if it is right to them, and then it is right for them too.
    No W.J. and whoever believes it's right.  To me wrong is wrong, and this feast is wrong.  It is Satan's day. About Christmas I can prove to you that Christ was not born on that day.  I made a post about it.  If you're interested look it up. If you think that I am judging,  all I am doing is informing you about a Pagan Feast.  Would it be judging if you said something about someone when their pratising in Satanism and they think it is not?  Would you just close your eyes and hoping it is going to go away?  This is however the last post I am making about this subject, there is no sense in it, if you and others close your mind to it.
    Irene

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,08:33)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,11:18)

WorshippingJesus said:

Keith,

thinker

Con

And why do you keep subscribing to bad teaching?

The Spirit clearly says that in later times SOME WILL ABANDON THE FAITH and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”. Such teachings come through “HYPOCRITICAL LIARS”, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. “They forbid” people to marry “AND ORDER THEM **TO ABSTAIN FROM CERTAIN FOODS**, which GOD CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING by those who believe and who know the truth”. “FOR EVERYTHING GOD CREATED IS GOOD, and “NOTHING IS TO BE REJECTED” if it is received with thanksgiving, because “IT IS CONSECRATED BY THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER”. If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, “brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed”. 1 Tim 4:1-6

I think it is you who has bastardized the scriptural meaning of Peters vision!

WJ

Foolish little boy, let the scriptures speak, if you really feel it is I twisting and turning the word of God, let this forum decide:

Act 10:1-48

There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian [band],

[A] devout [man], and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.

And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

And now send men to Joppa, and call for [one] Simon, whose surname is Peter:

He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.

And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually;

And when he had declared all [these] things unto them, he sent them to Joppa.

On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.

This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what [is] the cause wherefore ye are come?

And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Then called he them in, and lodged [them]. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.

And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.

And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped [him].

But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I SHOULD NOT CALL ANY MAN COMMON OR UNCLEAN.

Therefore came I [unto you] without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my
    house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing

And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of [one] Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

The word which [God] sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)

That word, , ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, [even] to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God [to be] the Judge of quick and dead.

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Well, It's not about Clean and Unclean foods is it?

Maybe it's about Common or Unclean gentiles coming into the fold?

And that why Peter had the vision? All them unclean and uncommen animals being allowed to partake in the salvation process.

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,12:52)
    Foolish little boy, let the scriptures speak, if you really feel it is I twisting and turning the word of God, let this forum decide:

First of all, have you read the scripture that says “call no man a fool”?

Second, I am not a boy. I am 54 years old and have been serving the Lord for 35 years.

Third you just ignored my post and the scriptures that prove that all meats are clean and then you plastered Peter’s vision on here as if you actually said something!

Address the points and stop creating diversions. According to the scriptures are all meats cleansed by God or not?

The vision has a twofold meaning doesn't it? But you are closing your eyes to this truth!

You are acting like a novice!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account