Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

i do not participate in dead worship,and any other scary unchristian biblical enjoyment,of bad taste.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 25 2010,08:00)
    I told him that I didn't want to do anything that resembled celebrating halloween and that if he could come up with an idea that CLEARLY demonstrated that he was having a gathering not at all to build up the idea of halloween, but to glorify the Lord then he should present that to me and we would discuss it.

Well, today we discussed an idea and I will tell you about it if God brings it to fruition…stay tuned.  It could be a real cool neighborhood outreach.

Hi Kathi,

Let us know what you come up with.  I think all churches should get into the act on this one.  This is a “holiday” that recognizes and glorifies all the things in scripture that our God detests.

I don't think any Christian should partake.  Kids today are too fat anyway – they could stand to do without more candy! :D

Seriously though, I think Christians DO need an alternative, like deocrating the church in an OT setting and having the kids dress up as Biblical personalities.  

And intead of candy, they could serve broccoli and spinach! :D   (Just kidding on that last part)

mike

dirtyknections
    Participant

To those who are christians…and condemn those for celebrating halloween…I have some questions for you?

To those that are married…did you have a wedding ceremony?

Did you put a ring on your beautiful wifes finger?

Did she have flowers in her hand or at the wedding?

Do remember and hold dear the day you got married?

What month was it?

What season was it

Do you acknowledge that day, week, and year?

If you don't mind…after answering me all those questions…do me a favor if you will…type the date of your anniversary at the end of your response…after you do…tell me whether or not you have a problem with any of your answers to the questions i posed?

??? ???

Lightenup
    Participant

DK,
    What does any of that have to do with halloween?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hi Lightenup,

Once I get a few responses to my simple questions then I will show you the correlation my friend.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Oct. 26 2010,12:54)
    To those who are christians…and condemn those for celebrating halloween…I have some questions for you?

To those that are married…did you have a wedding ceremony?

Did you put a ring on your beautiful wifes finger?

Did she have flowers in her hand or at the wedding?

Do remember and hold dear the day you got married?

What month was it?

What season was it

Do you acknowledge that day, week, and year?

If you don't mind…after answering me all those questions…do me a favor if you will…type the date of your anniversary at the end of your response…after you do…tell me whether or not you have a problem with any of your answers to the questions i posed?

??? ???

I know there all Pagan………….but it is not evil, like Ghost, Devils Witches etc……….

dirtyknections
    Participant

??? Gotta love “semantics”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

1 Corinthians 8:7-13 NIV
    7But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

The question is, does wearing a wedding band – a pagan tradition – cause any of our brothers to be destroyed?

How about glorifying demons?

peace and love,
    mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Where does it say in the bible how one should get married?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 26 2010,14:44)
    7But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

The question is, does wearing a wedding band – a pagan tradition – cause any of our brothers to be destroyed?

peace and love,
    mike

??? keep rationalizing…i'm waiting

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Oct. 26 2010,15:00)
    Where does it say in the bible how one should get married?

exactly…so i wonder where the procession that we see everday in church comes from

seekingtruth
    Participant

Pagan traditions, I know the history but I'll let you present it how you want.

dirtyknections
    Participant

no…i think i'd rather watch you present your justifications first

seekingtruth
    Participant

Sorry, I was responding to the post immediately above, going back further I found that I shouldn't have said anything because I do not condemn those who celebrate halloween.

dirtyknections
    Participant

:) no let me apologize my friend…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (dirtyknections @ Oct. 26 2010,21:54)

peace and love,
    mike

Do the blue words above tell you nothing? ??? Was Paul “rationalizing”?

mike

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 28 2010,15:55)

Quote (dirtyknections @ Oct. 26 2010,21:54)

peace and love,
    mike

Do the blue words above tell you nothing?  ???  Was Paul “rationalizing”?

mike

This is a conscience matter…nothing more nothing less…the more you condemn those who do…the more you show how you aren't…

Mercy>Sacrifice

All Paul is saying is consider others when you make these decisions….but here is a question…

If one of your brothers was offended and stumbling over your wearing a wedding ring…would you not wear one?

What if he was offended or stumbling because you use the names of the months and days and seasons in your everyday speech…would you not use them?

watch the rationilizing start again

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (dirtyknections @ Oct. 29 2010,07:11)
    If one of your brothers was offended and stumbling over your wearing a wedding ring…would you not wear one?

Yes, I would not wear one.  But then again, I'm not married! :D

DK:

What if he was offended or stumbling because you use the names of the months and days and seasons in your everyday speech…would you not use them?

Absolutely.  Isn't that what scripture teaches?

But I get your point.  Do you get mine that even though it is a personal judgement thing, certain things are more “directly” against God and scripture than others?

What is worse – wearing a wedding ring or murdering someone in cold blood?  Which is more likely to cause a brother to stumble?

I see you apparently like “Stewie”.  That is your judgement.  But even though I used to watch the show, and thought it was sometimes the most hillarious thing on T.V., I can't stomache it anymore.

When Stewie decyphered that he and Brian were in Europe because the cows said “Whazoo” like on his “Hear and Say” toy, I laughed for a month!

But then the most of the show is so worldly and they make light of and fun of God and Jesus SOOOO much, I had to turn it off.  Really!  God passing gas into a lighter caused the “Big Bang”?  That to me passes for blasphemy.

Anyway, that's just one of the many ways God is helping me to change who I was.  There are too many to count.  But obviously one of the ways is not wanting to celebrate Halloween, because two years ago, I took my little boy trick-or-treating.  And this will be the second year that I won't. :)

peace and love,
    mike

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2010,13:50)

DK:

But I get your point.  Do you get mine that even though it is a personal judgement thing, certain things are more “directly” against God and scripture than others?

What is worse – wearing a wedding ring or murdering someone in cold blood?  Which is more likely to cause a brother to stumble?

I see you apparently like “Stewie”.  That is your judgement.  But even though I used to watch the show, and thought it was sometimes the most hillarious thing on T.V., I can't stomache it anymore.

When Stewie decyphered that he and Brian were in Europe because the cows said “Whazoo” like on his “Hear and Say” toy, I laughed for a month!

But then the most of the show is so worldly and they make light of and fun of God and Jesus SOOOO much, I had to turn it off.  Really!  God passing gas into a lighter caused the “Big Bang”?  That to me passes for blasphemy.

Anyway, that's just one of the many ways God is helping me to change who I was.  There are too many to count.  But obviously one of the ways is not wanting to celebrate Halloween, because two years ago, I took my little boy trick-or-treating.  And this will be the second year that I won't. :)

peace and love,
    mike

Fair enough. I get your point about things being more directly against GOD..although I do not agree. I think the bible spells out things that are “directly against god” i.e. murder, fornication, idolatry etc…I disagree that halloween is more against god than any other tradition that has pagan roots…but thats neither here nor there…

If its make you a better person and strengthens the people around you…then I am all for it

Baker
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Oct. 30 2010,04:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2010,13:50)

DK:

peace and love,
    mike

Fair enough. I get your point about things being more directly against GOD..although I do not agree. I think the bible spells out things that are “directly against god” i.e. murder, fornication, idolatry etc…I disagree that halloween is more against god than any other tradition that has pagan roots…but thats neither here nor there…

If its make you a better person and strengthens the people around you…then I am all for it

Halloween and Wedding Rings is something else. At Halloween they dress up in Ghosts, Devils, etc. That is what is all about the Devil. And go out at night, and scare each other. Is that something nice? While a wedding ring is something that two married people give each other, at their once in a life time occasion…..At one time the Church we attended did not believe in wearing lipstick, which too is so ridiculous……Now what I say when someone puts so much Makeup on that they look like a clown, that I object to….
    Christmas when Christ was not even born on the Dec. 25 and Easter with eggs on the Altar….that too I object to…..
    Its the time of the year, I don't like. Just looking forward to Thanksgiving…..Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account