Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 17 2009,20:04)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 17 2009,14:42)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,20:07)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,12:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:24)
    Why would God declare some of His creatures unclean for food in the OT and all of a sudden declare them clean in the NT?  Why then bother to declare them unclean at all.

This isn't the only thing God that has changed his mind on, so it doesn't surprise me.

In the OT you couldn't even wear the clothes we have on our backs currently (cotton/poly blends)……  And according to Con, we still shouldn't be wearing them.  Hey Con, what are you wearing right now?   :laugh:

I wonder if he keeps all the commandments, literally?

Oh, I'm getting ornery now….I better go.

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented.  Indeed, because He is merciful.  But  apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    You are totally wrong. If God did not change then there would be no new covenant. Read Malachi carefully. It says that God changes not in reference to His promises. If God did not change in the sense you say then the Levitical priesthood would still be in force and animal sacrifices would still be offered.

IF GOD DID NOT CHANGE THEN GENTILES WOULD STILL BE UNCLEAN

thinker

Hi thethinker:

God did not change his mind about this it was his plan from the beginning:

Rom 4:9 ¶ [Cometh] this blessedness then upon the circumcision [only], or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.  

Rom 4:10   How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.  

Rom 4:11   And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which [he had yet] being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:  

Rom 4:12   And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which [he had] being [yet] uncircumcised.  

Rom 4:13 ¶ For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.  

Rom 4:14   For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:  

Rom 4:15   Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.  

Rom 4:16   Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    You said that certain meats are still unclean because God doesn't change His mind. Then the Gentiles are still unclean. Women are still unclean during their menstral periods. “God does not change” you said.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

This is what I said:

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented. Indeed, because He is merciful. But apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,

He did not change his mind about the things that you posted. It was part of his plan in process. There is a difference between this and Him changing his mind about something.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    In the traditional churches …… or in the bars?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI NOT3,
    At the very least halloween glorifies witchcraft and the occult.
    We should think about it.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 20 2009,10:56)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 20 2009,10:50)
    Yes, the scriptures state that Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and I also do that, but I won't go into a bar to witness.

Just a thought here…..

Brother, where do you suppose the “fires” are that we are snatching people from?

Hi Mandy:

I witnessed on the street for 13 years, and where there were many sinners drunks, drug addicts etc.

I won't go into a bar to witness for the reasons that I have already given.

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 19 2009,19:29)

Yes, the scriptures state that Jesus ate and drank with sinners, and I also do that, but I won't go into a bar to witness.

Just a thought here…..

Brother, where do you suppose the “fires” are that we are snatching people from?

Hi Mandy:

I witnessed on the street for 13 years, and where there were many sinners drunks, drug addicts etc.  

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

Good. No one will judge you for that. Hopefully you will not judge another for their works!

WJ

georg
    Participant

What I find so amazing, in spite of knowing were Halloween started, it makes no difference to those who want to keep it.  If God is the same yesterday, today, or tomorrow, He still does not approve of Halloween, a Heathen or pagan feast.  Over the years people have made evil look good.  Just like being gay.  God loves gay people and it is just right with Him.  But that is not so.  America is getting more and more worse then Sodom and Gomorrah.  Prophecy shows that people in Sodom and Gomorrah will have an easier time then people at the end times.  And we all know that we are in that time, at the resurrection.
    What surprises me the most is that Christians like to put blind folders on at this time.
    Wake up.  Irene

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 20 2009,12:25)

Just a thought here…..

Hi Mandy:

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

Good. No one will judge you for that. Hopefully you will not judge another for their works!

WJ

Hi WJ:

I haven't judged anyone this is what the scriptures state:

Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

But also if I see you doing something that I believe may be harmful to you, and I don't tell you, how does that express my love for you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 19 2009,20:49)

Just a thought here…..

Hi Mandy:

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

Rom 14:8   For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.  

Rom 14:9   For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.  

Rom 14:10   But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  

Rom 14:11   For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  

Rom 14:12   So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  

Rom 14:13   Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.  

But also if I see you doing something that I believe may be harmful to you, and I don't tell you, how does that express my love for you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Nothing wrong with warning a brother or sister for what you think is wrong.

But, when judgement is passed on the motives or heart then that is wrong!

Marty you should also read Romans 14 in its entire context, here is what is written before what you quoted…

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters“. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. ”WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE SOMEONE ELSE'S SERVANT? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man considers one day more sacred than another; “another man considers every day alike”. Each one should be “fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. Rom 14:1-6

Please do not leave this part out.

I think that those who do nothing on Oct 31st are the ones with the weaker faith. But, we have not “looked down” or condemned anyone here for not giving out candy or Bible tracts on Oct 31st!

Think about it!

Blessings WJ

georg
    Participant

Just a thought here…..

Hi Mandy:

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

WJ

So you believe when someone says something that is wrong about Halloween or Christmas for matter of fact, they are judging?  Is that what you are telling Marty?
    Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……..AS I said……..You can put any mask on a pig but it is still a pig. You can dress anything up and makes it appear a way it shouldn't appear. Halloween stemmed from satanic and pagan practices as Mandy's post brought out. There is a risk calling what is Evil as Good. Not to say you can't take advantage of the situation and turn it for good. But Poison is Poison , you can (IMAGINE) with pure thought all you want, it will not change it , it is still Poison. Thinker you remind me of these snake charmers, No matter how “PURE” they think they ARE they can still be killed by that practice. You fool yourself if you think that by thinking Pure thoughts changes any thing that exists outside of yourself. To the “Pure” , the evil practice of Halloween is “PURE” , evil that is. IMO

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……..AS I said……..You can put any mask on a pig but it is still a pig. You can dress anything up and makes it appear a way it shouldn't appear. Halloween stemmed from satanic and pagan practices as Mandy's post brought out. There is a risk calling what is Evil as Good. Not to say you can't take advantage of the situation and turn it for good. But Poison is Poison , you can (IMAGINE) with pure thought all you want, it will not change it , it is still Poison. Thinker you remind me of these snake charmers, No matter how “PURE” they think they ARE they can still be killed by that practice. You fool yourself if you think that by thinking Pure thoughts changes any thing that exists outside of yourself. To the “Pure” , the evil practice of Halloween is “PURE” , evil that is. IMO

gene

Quote (georg @ Oct. 19 2009,21:23)

Just a thought here…..

Hi Mandy:

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

WJ

So you believe when someone says something that is wrong about Halloween or Christmas for matter of fact, they are judging?  Is that what you are telling Marty?
    Irene

Irene

I have all ready explained what I mean.

Apparantly you do not agree or just do not understand.

So go ahead and continue as you are.

WJ

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 20 2009,13:04)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 19 2009,20:49)

Just a thought here…..

Hi Mandy:

Love in Christ,
    Martt

Hi Marty

WJ

Hi WJ:

Rom 14:8   For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.  

Rom 14:9   For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.  

Rom 14:10   But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  

Rom 14:11   For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  

Rom 14:12   So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  

Rom 14:13   Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Nothing wrong with warning a brother or sister for what you think is wrong.

But, when judgement is passed on the motives or heart then that is wrong!

Marty you should also read Romans 14 in its entire context, here is what is written before what you quoted…

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters“. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. ”WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE SOMEONE ELSE'S SERVANT? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One man considers one day more sacred than another; “another man considers every day alike”. Each one should be “fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. Rom 14:1-6

Please do not leave this part out.

I think that those who do nothing on Oct 31st are the ones with the weaker faith. But, we have not “looked down” or condemned anyone here for not giving out candy or Bible tracts on Oct 31st!

Think about it!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ:

All I said about Haloween is that I don't celebrate it.

I do celebrate Christmas, and Easter.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Will Jesus celebrate these things?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 20 2009,14:31)
    Hi 94,
    Will Jesus celebrate these things?

Hi Nick:

I do not believe that he would mind my celebrating his birth into this world, and his resurrection from the dead. Do you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

seekingtruth
    Participant

The history of cards is steeped in gambling, which has caused untold misery, suicides, and murders. Many churches teach on the evil of cards and forbid their adherents from even playing solitary.  Now, do those who believe the history of halloween necessitates that handing out candy to kids as being evil, then how is it at least some of you play cards?

Just wondering ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    So because foolish people accept unlawful restrictions on their behaviour from religious people somehow this helps the case for pagan practces to be encouraged among christians?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I do not think King Jesus will bother with any of this stoutly defended worldly trivia.

Participant

Hi Seekingtruth:

You say:

Many churches teach on the evil of cards and forbid their adherents from even playing solitary.

What churches do this?  Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments.  Therefore, whatever we do, we do out of love for God and for humanity.  When in authority in the church, I cannot forbid anyone from doing anything.  I can only teach what I believe to be the truth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ST……..The history of cards is chance, even the apostles drew straws, but the issue Here is engaging in “PAGAN” practices, hardly the same thing, anything can be used wrong even driving a vehicle, drinking to much alcohol, but its history did not come from Evil Satanic worship Practices, there is a difference. And if we engage it how far should we then, As Isa 1:18 said where is the line at. Again this is not to condnm anyone I have done worse then this in my life. But still we should at least call like it is, don't you all agree?

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account