Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

You sure seem to derive some plaesure in slapping David, your tossing things at him that have nothing to do with this thread. You must dislike him.

He's done this to me before. I think he should change his name. If there was any truth to what he said, then it would simply be a case of trying to divert the actual conversation. But since this too is based on a false premise, yes, I would have to say he dislikes me. I think I remember him doing this before, where he just kept saying something that simply wasnt true. He kept saying that I believed something, when I in no way did. I told him I didn't, but he kept saying it any way.

Something is messed up in his mind.

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,19:02)
    ATTENTION  CONSTITUTIONALIST:

Paul said that the sabbath was merely a “shadow” and Christ was the “substance.” Hebrews says that when the substance appears the shadow is done away. Those who reinstitute the sabbath are in violation of God's new covenant with man. Christ Himself is our sabbath rest. You are just as guilty in keeping the sabbath alive as those transferred it to another day. The sabbath was not changed to another day. It was abolished altogether.

Jesus said that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until ALL be fulfilled. Circumcision was abolished. This means a jot and tittle has passed from the law. This means that ALL the law was fulfilled. Therefore, the sabbath has been abolished.

When will you legalists learn that more condemnation comes to you than to those who you think are condemned?

thinker

Jack

Amen!

Our Sabbath rest is in Christ!

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Sis,

You are comparing Apples to Oranges.

I don't think so. Sin is sin. It's just that some people power trip and think that they know what is sin for them and what is not. Also, Halloween is an easy target if you ask me. Exploring these other things (football and other harmless but potentially “sinful” activities) is a little harder to accept.

Come on Mandy, you know that it is Pagan.

I never debated whether or not Halloween has it's roots (or some of them anyway) in Pagan tradition. A lot of things have their roots there. AND I'll go a bit further (but why? it's my grave) the Pagans, that is, before Christianity hit the scene, were peaceful people – farmers mainly. For the most part their practices were peaceful, but because they wouldn't convert to Christianity their deeds were labled “wicked”.

And God said that He hates those Holidays.

I don't think we see this the same way at all, obviously.

If you want to call me a pig, go right ahead. It is pagan and you can't get around that IMO But I know you try!!!!

Oh my gosh, why would I ever want to call you a pig? Goodness…..

Love you, though, but dislike what you are saying.

Same here.

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,17:01)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 17 2009,11:56)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,16:02)
    ATTENTION  CONSTITUTIONALIST:

Paul said that the sabbath was merely a “shadow” and Christ was the “substance.” Hebrews says that when the substance appears the shadow is done away. Those who reinstitute the sabbath are in violation of God's new covenant with man. Christ Himself is our sabbath rest. You are just as guilty in keeping the sabbath alive as those transferred it to another day. The sabbath was not changed to another day. It was abolished altogether.

Jesus said that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until ALL be fulfilled. Circumcision was abolished. This means a jot and tittle has passed from the law. This means that ALL the law was fulfilled. Therefore, the sabbath has been abolished.

When will you legalists learn that more condemnation comes to you than to those who you think are condemned?

thinker

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Mathew 5:18

Has heaven and earth passed away?

Con,
    I had the impression you were more knowledgeable in these things. The expression “heaven and earth” as Jesus used it was a Hebrew merism for Israel which indeed passed away in ad70.

Jesus said that not one jot or tittle would pass from the law until ALL be fulfilled. Circumcision passed away. This means that a jot and tittle passed away. And a jot and tittle could not pass away until ALL the law was fulfilled. Therefore, the sabbath was abolished. Christ fulfilled it.

This is all for me tonight.

thinker

Seems these theologians are in disagreement with you:

18. For verily I say unto you–

Here, for the first time, does that august expression occur in our Lord's recorded teaching, with which we have grown so familiar as hardly to reflect on its full import. It is the expression manifestly, of supreme legislative authority; and as the subject in connection with which it is uttered is the Moral Law, no higher claim to an authority strictly divine could be advanced. For when we observe how jealously Jehovah asserts it as His exclusive prerogative to give law to men ( Lev 18:1-5 19:37 26:1-4, 13-16 , &c.), such language as this of our Lord will appear totally unsuitable, and indeed abhorrent, from any creature lips. When the Baptist's words–“I say unto you” ( Mat 3:9 ) –are compared with those of his Master here, the difference of the two cases will be at once apparent.

Till heaven and earth pass–

Though even the Old Testament announces the ultimate “perdition of the heavens and the earth,” in contrast with the immutability of Jehovah ( Psa 102:24-27 ), the prevalent representation of the heavens and the earth in Scripture, when employed as a popular figure, is that of their stability ( Psa 119:89-91 Ecc 1:4 Jer 33:25, 26 ). It is the enduring stability, then, of the great truths and principles, moral and spiritual, of the Old Testament revelation which our Lord thus expresses.

one jot–

the smallest of the Hebrew letters.

one tittle–

one of those little strokes by which alone some of the Hebrew letters are distinguished from others like them.

shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled–

The meaning is that “not so much as the smallest loss of authority or vitality shall ever come over the law.” The expression, “till all be fulfilled,” is much the same in meaning as “it shall be had in undiminished and enduring honor, from its greatest to its least requirements.” Again, this general way of viewing our Lord's words here seems far preferable to that doctrinal understanding of them which would require us to determine the different kinds of “fulfilment” which the moral and the ceremonial parts of it were to have. – Jamieson, Fausset & Brown

He asserts the perpetuity of it; that not only he designed not the abrogation of it, but that it never should be abrogated (v. 18); “Verily I say unto you, I, the Amen, the faithful Witness, solemnly declare it, that till heaven and earth pass, when time shall be no more, and the unchangeable state of recompences shall supersede all laws, one jot, or one tittle, the least and most minute circumstance, shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled;’’ for what is it that God is doing in all the operations both of providence and grace, but fulfilling the scripture? Heaven and earth shall come together, and all the fulness thereof be wrapped up in ruin and confusion, rather than any word of God shall fall to the ground, or be in vain. The word of the Lord endures for ever, both that of the law, and that of the gospel. Observe, The care of God concerning his law extends itself even to those things that seem to be of least account in it, the iotas and the tittles; for whatever belongs to God, and bears his stamp, be it ever so little, shall be preserved. The laws of men are conscious to themselves of so much imperfection, that they allow it for a maxim, Apices juris non sunt jura—The extreme points of the law are not the law, but God will stand by and maintain every iota and every tittle of his law. – Matthew Henry

1. (17-18) Jesus’ relation to the law.

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.”

a. Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets: Jesus here begins a long discussion of the law, and wants to make it clear that He does not oppose the Law of Moses, but He will free it from the way the Pharisees and Scribes wrongly interpreted the law.

b. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill: Jesus wants to make it clear that He has authority apart from the Law of Moses, but not in contradiction to it. Jesus added nothing to the law except one thing that no man had ever added to the law: perfect obedience. This is certainly one way Jesus came to fulfill the law.

i. Even though He often challenged man’s interpretations of the law (especially Sabbath regulations), Jesus never broke the law of God.

c. One jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled: The jot and the tittle were small punctuation marks in Hebrew writing. It is as if Jesus says, “Not one dot of an “i” or not one cross of a “t” will pass away till all is fulfilled. And indeed, Jesus did perfectly fulfill the law.

i. Jesus fulfilled the doctrinal teachings of the law in that
    He brought full revelation.

ii. Jesus fulfilled the predictive prophecy of the law in that He is the Promised One, showing the reality behind the shadows.

iii. Jesus fulfilled the ethical precepts of the law in that He fully obeyed them and He reinterpreted them in their truth. – David Guzik

5:18 Till all things shall be effected – Which it either requires or foretells. For the law has its effect, when the rewards are given, and the punishments annexed to it inflicted, as well as when its precepts are obeyed. Luke 16:17; 21:33. – Wesley's Notes

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Luke 16:17

And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law: Act 6:13

Saying, This persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law. Act 18:13

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:31

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:4

And this I say, the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance of the law, no more of promise: but God gave to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not of one, but God is one. The law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:17-24

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 16 2009,17:14)
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 15 2009,18:49)
    The heathen were declared unclean because of sin, and if they are now Christians, they have been cleansed by the blood of the Lord.  This is an altogether differerent matter than the issue of meats and food.

Is it?

Then why did the Lord draw the parallel between the unclean beast and the Gentiles and then inspire Paul in his letter to Timothy that everything created is cleansed by the word of God and Prayer?

WJ

Hi WJ:

He used unclean beasts in relation to what he wanted to communicate to Peter regarding the gentiles, Cornelius and those with him, because the gentiles were considered unclean and it was something the Apostle Peter could relate to and understand by association.

As for the verse of scripture in 1 Timothy, I don't have any idea at this point, but certainly, the Apostle Paul was not saying that horse meat, dog meat, buzzard meat and such were approved for food.

But as I have already stated, I do not believe it is a sin to eat pork or shell fish, since it is not a spiritual matter, but it is a health issue if you practice eating those things, and it becomes a sin if we do not take care of our bodies.

However, Jews and Muslims do find it offensive when someone eats those foods, and therefore, when I am in athority in the church, I will ask that we not eat those foods in any church function.

But the Apostle Paul has stated that whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 17 2009,11:58)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,19:54)

Quote (david @ Oct. 17 2009,11:11)

Didn't Jesus eat and drink with publicans and sinners?

WJ, he could also read peoples hearts.  You are not Jesus.

The Bible says: “God is not one to be mocked.  Bad association spoils useful habits.”

Didn't Jesus eat and drink with publicans and sinners?

WJ, do you hang out at the bar and preach to people there?  Just curious.

Oh!  I love this!!

Okay, well, we can't read hearts and minds but Jesus was/is our example after all.  Right?  So if he ate with sinners then we can eat with sinners.

Um, ya, I've gone into bars to witness to people.  I've also been seen at our local womens prison.  A few times I've been on the streets of Seattle – in the gutters – under bridges.

You go where the people are, David.  We are His arms and legs….we are Christs ambassadors.  Through us, Christ is preached, people are healed, joy comes to the broken-hearted.

I have an overwhelming sense of peace right now that God has called me to the lowly…..the undesirables.  Thank you, Lord.  I'm right where I should be.  So cool.

Most wouldn't be caught dead going into a bar to reach the souls there……  you're right, David.

Love,
    Mandy

True Mandy

I have witnessed to men in bars also.

How is that sin, unless I am getting drunk with them?

I can imitate their drinking by having a coke!  :D

WJ

Hi WJ:

What if someone who knows that you are a Christian sees you going in a bar, and believes that you are going in there to drink since that is what those who frequent those places do?

Personally, I will not go into a bar to witness because of this, and also, because those who are drunk may react in many different ways. They might not take kindly to someone coming in there to witness to them.

The best way to witness is through the life that we live in obedience to the Word of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The best way to witness is through the life that we live in obedience to the Word of God.

stand in agreement Marty, amen

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……….Where does it say a man or woman can't go into a bar or pub and have a drink, So what if others get offended they shouldn't be so arrogant in the first place. Peter said these men are not drunk as you (Supose) seening it is the ninth hour (9:00) to earlt , but that is not to say later they didn't have a little right, it was just to early for them. You remind me of when Jesus went a eat and drank with the Publicans and sinners. Lets not be liken those selfrightious hypocrites . WE can go to far with the appearance thing. WE are at liberty in Christ and our conduct is Just that (OUR CONDUCT), no one elses. Look i believe this Halloween thing is wrong because of its roots and i see not good involved in it. But that my opinion and every person must judge as they see it and apply it to themselves ONLY. Let the Spirit have its perfect work in all of Us. “He who condemns another condemns HIMSELF”> Let that be Paramount in our minds.

Peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

**excuse me, will try this again

NO EXCUSES! YOUR'E EITHER IN OR OUT, NO MIDDLE GROUND!

It is a holiday that generally glorifies the dark things of this world, rather than the light of Jesus Christ.

Costumes and masks are getting generally more bloody, gory, and depraved each year.

We have found that Halloween provides an excellent time to remind our children that, as Christians, we are different, and not of this world (Heb. 11:13-16; 1 Pet. 2:11).

Join with other families in the church. Have the pastor announce a night of spiritual battle. Organize a group of Christians parents and students from your children's school or homeschool group. As a family, designate the seven nights before October 31 as Family Prayer Outreach nights.

You can call a duck a horse, cow, cat, etc., but it is still a duck. You can call what you do a “fall festival”, “alleluia party”, etc., but you are still observing halloween, even if you dress up as bible characters. Halloween is the highest satanic holy day of the year.

Harvest parties on October 31 tend to assume that “our children need something to take the place of Halloween, since they won't be participating in the secular and pagan celebrations.

Also, we need to teach our children that “the fight isn't against occultists, non-Christians, Christians who feel differently than we about Halloween, or institutions that promote Halloween, but” “against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12,).

Pray for protection. Pray over both those who engage in prayer warfare and over those who will be out trick-or-treating or at Halloween parties. October 31 is a prime recruiting time for witches and Satanists…and a time for interested kids to experiment. Pray that the Lord keeps our kids from falling prey to those who worship the enemy.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 (“Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.”)

People think it's funny to scare people to “death”. II TIMOTHY 1:7 says, “For God has not given to us the spirit of fear…”. So guess who is scaring you?

James 1:27 (“keep oneself from being polluted by the world”)

Pray for discernment. Let the Holy Spirit direct you to specific prayer requests. Pray that the children who are “out there” will somehow “know” to keep away from certain activities.

3 John 1:11 (“do not imitate what is evil”)

Pray that the Lord hinder the occult rituals

Romans 12:9 (“abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.”)

Pray for the salvation of the occultists. Jesus Christ died for those whom Satan holds captive and deceived, for those who mock Him, who deny His deity or His existence. He doesn't want them to perish, but to come to Him calling Him Father, Lord. Pray the veil is lifted from their eyes, the Lord allows them to see clearly their spiritual condition and their only hope lies in Jesus Christ. Pray also, about whether the Lord would have you take a more active role in bringing the gospel to Satan's servants.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14 (do not learn to imitate detestable ways, including spiritists, sorcerers and witchcraft)

Let your children know that this is effective warfare. They must know their prayers are heard and acted on by our Father. Let them know they can make a difference. Come October 31, they'll know they have a job to do.

Ephesians 5:11-12 (“Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness” / “live as children of light”)

Tell your children the truth about halloween. Revelation 21:8 says liars won't make it to heaven. Then, parents, you will be doing your job as the high priest of the family like you are suppose to be. If you open your doors to pass out tracts, you are still observing halloween. Why don't you pass them out another time?

1 Timothy 4:1 (don't “follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”)

GOOD fun for the Evil one. He (The Evil one) can tell how EASY we have accustomed ourselves and joined HIS paths – a PATH that leads to destruction!

2 Corinthians 6:14-17 (“what fellowship can light have with darkness?”)

Exodus 32:4-10. Notice that the Israelites adopted an Egyptian religious practice but gave it a new name,a festival to God. But God severely punished them for this. Today we see only 20th-century practices associated with holidays. Some may appear harmless. But God knows firsthand the pagan religious practices from which these originated, and how many began with worshiping false gods.Even if a holiday doesn't say its worshiping God this show it may not be exceptable to God depending on it's orgin. Should not his view be what matters to us?

Philippians 4:8 (think about pure, lovely, noble things)

“Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.” Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Corinthians 11:1 (“follow the example of Christ”)

Mark 7:13: “Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.”

1 Corinthians 10:31 (“whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God”)

1 Peter 2:9: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.”

James 4:7-8 (submit yourselves to God / resist the devil / purify your hearts)

Ephesians 5:6-12: “Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8 For ye were sometimes darkn
    ess, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.”

Ezekiel 44:23 (“…teach my people… to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.”)

Halloween or “All Hallow's Eve” is the Christopagan (pagan Universal Roman church) celebration that takes place the evening before “AllHallowMas” or “All Saint's Day”. This celebration is steeped in pagan tradition that predates catholicism, but is just another in a series of “The Mystery Religion” blending (Syncretism) of all pagan religions under the guise of Messiah's True Faith.

Proverbs 22:6 (“train a child in the way he should go”)

The very act of blending pagan traditions (used to worship false gods and goddesses) into what the deceived suppose is The True Faith (The Ancient Israelites were, also, guilty of this very sin) is an abomination to Yahweh; and not only caused Yahweh to be divorced from Israel, but has caused and is causing the unsuspecting Christian to be divorced from Yahweh too. This is The True Evil of Halloween, but there is another evil here that lies in the Concepts and Values that we as a society teach our children, and that they will teach their children.

Matthew 18:6 (“if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin…”)

How can any True Believer justify the camouflaging of innocent children (as a bandit would wear a disguise), and the implanting (into innocent minds) of the Concept of Extortion through Intimidation or Coercion. Do you Not remember how easy that concept was taught to you by saying over and over again, and again, “Trick or Treat !”? Remember how easy it was (for some) in the Dark of Night to Punish those who didn't produce the demanded Treat under the threat of a Trick? Is this Destructive negative behavior what we want to teach our children? As a society we allow our school systems, mass media, churches, and merchants to Predispose Our Children to Violence, and Extortion by teaching them, through “Acting Out”, and “By Example”, that Evil is Fun and Rewarding? I for one cannot see any real difference between 'Halloween's Trick Or Treat' and the “BIG Kid who takes the small kid's lunch money under threat of violence'.

Hosea 4:6 (“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”)

Anyone who Practices Unrighteousness or Any Pagan Customs or Observes Satanic Pagan Traditions Has Made A Conscious Decision To Do Just Exactly That, and The Eternal Creator Will Exact His Judgement Upon Those Who Do So!

John 3:19-20 (people love darkness instead of light)

Do we honestly believe that Yahweh is Unaware that We Have Preferred Evil Over Good? Do We honestly believe that We can Deceive Our Creator? If We do, then We Deceive ourselves, and “The Deceiver” is our god, because it is Not Yahweh's Righteous Nature that is in our hearts, but the unrighteous nature of the ultimate deceiver (Satan).

Romans 13:12 (“put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”)

Can It Be that there is NO ONE, who can see that there ARE CONSEQUENCES to these subtle DECEPTIONS of Satan (Human Nature)? Have you NOT noticed the EVIL that is steadily growing inside Our Children, and in Our Schools? IT's MAN's NATURE ! Righteousness Seeking MUST BE taught and practiced by those that teach it!

Ephesians 6:11-18 (“take your stand against the devil's schemes.”)

Instead of celebrating, what's a Christian to do on Satan's feast day? PRAY! Intercession and spiritual warfare should be the first item on our agenda. It is NOT a last resort!

How do we teach our children to wrestle spiritually?

Discourage them from participating in traditional Halloween activities (2 Timothy 2:4). Then tell them why.

Encourage them to pray on a regular, daily basis (Ephesians 6:18). Let them know first hand the power that we have in prayer. All Christians should know how to fight on their knees.

Remind them to be alert and self-controlled (1 Corinthians 16:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:6). Give them the discipline of knowing it is their responsibility to keep watch. They, themselves, might also become casualties in the war.

Make certain they are prepared for battle (Ephesians 6:11). Do they know the truth? Stand on the Word of God? Have faith? Know the gospel? Are they righteous? Are they saved?…

Hosea 4:6; Ezekiel 44:23; Deuteronomy 18:9-14; 7:25-26; James 1:27; II Corinthians 6:14; I Corinthians 10:19-23; I Thessalonians 5:21-23; Philippians 4:8.

Bats . . . Brooms . . . Witches . . . Ghouls . . . Ghosts . . . Goblins . . . Skeletons . . . Jack o' Lanterns . . . Boo . . . .

Stop being worldly, Christians.”

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,20:07)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,12:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:24)
    Why would God declare some of His creatures unclean for food in the OT and all of a sudden declare them clean in the NT?  Why then bother to declare them unclean at all.

This isn't the only thing God that has changed his mind on, so it doesn't surprise me.

In the OT you couldn't even wear the clothes we have on our backs currently (cotton/poly blends)……  And according to Con, we still shouldn't be wearing them.  Hey Con, what are you wearing right now?   :laugh:

I wonder if he keeps all the commandments, literally?

Oh, I'm getting ornery now….I better go.

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented.  Indeed, because He is merciful.  But  apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    You are totally wrong. If God did not change then there would be no new covenant. Read Malachi carefully. It says that God changes not in reference to His promises. If God did not change in the sense you say then the Levitical priesthood would still be in force and animal sacrifices would still be offered.

IF GOD DID NOT CHANGE THEN GENTILES WOULD STILL BE UNCLEAN

thinker

Hi thethinker:

God did not change his mind about this it was his plan from the beginning:

Rom 4:9 ¶ [Cometh] this blessedness then upon the circumcision [only], or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Rom 4:10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Rom 4:11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which [he had yet] being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Rom 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which [he had] being [yet] uncircumcised.

Rom 4:13 ¶ For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

Rom 4:16 Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Love in Christ,
    Marty

stop yelling, trying to catch up on the board, my post did not come together as it should have. oh vey !!

Constitutionalist,

PREACH IT BROTHER !!!

I pray your retirement and health are both in good measure. In addition, you are a scholar and poet, knowing that your wife is always right.

much love to you and yours

'How do we teach our children to wrestle spiritually?

Discourage them from participating in traditional Halloween activities (2 Timothy 2:4). Then tell them why.

Encourage them to pray on a regular, daily basis (Ephesians 6:18). Let them know first hand the power that we have in prayer. All Christians should know how to fight on their knees.

Remind them to be alert and self-controlled (1 Corinthians 16:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:6). Give them the discipline of knowing it is their responsibility to keep watch. They, themselves, might also become casualties in the war.

Make certain they are prepared for battle (Ephesians 6:11). Do they know the truth? Stand on the Word of God? Have faith? Know the gospel? Are they righteous? Are they saved?…'

now we are getting to the meat of the matter and not chewing on the fat, don't just stop there continue everyday, pour into them.
    my son gets upset with me at times, it is  his salvation that matters, not some candy giving, dress up role model playing…….candy is on the kitchen counter, he will be the man Yahweh created him to be.

AMEN

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 16 2009,19:44)
    stop yelling, trying to catch up on the board, my post did not come together as it should have.  oh vey !!

Constitutionalist,

PREACH IT BROTHER !!!

I pray your retirement and health are both in good measure. In addition, you are a scholar and poet, knowing that your wife is always right.

much love to you and yours

She is the Rose in my Garden.

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 16 2009,19:49)
    'How do we teach our children to wrestle spiritually?

Make certain they are prepared for battle (Ephesians 6:11). Do they know the truth? Stand on the Word of God? Have faith? Know the gospel? Are they righteous? Are they saved?…'

now we are getting to the meat of the matter and not chewing on the fat, don't just stop there continue everyday, pour into them.
    my son gets upset with me at times, it is  his salvation that matters, not some candy giving, dress up role model playing…….candy is on the kitchen counter, he will be the man Yahweh created him to be.

AMEN

Problem with Christianity is, it has gone Lukewarm.

under this new age religion, are you allowed to drink blood?

Yahweh's instruction on what to eat and not to eat……would you expect anything less from Father, he created us, would he not know what was best for us to eat and not eat.

Sabbath……..rest, from work, money matters seven more days till next Sabbath, i love Sabbath……if you have never tried it……..do, the most spiritual experience you will ever have, so much is learned, so much is asked, so much love and laughter, so many tears, nothing of the world is involved, no breaking up the day, preparing for Sabbath is like preparing for Christ to return.

Father, says in my house you rest a day out of the week, man says, no need to. Who rules? Once again, he created us, do you think his love only is spiritual for us, his creation, he knows how it works better than we do.

Not3in1
    Participant

Princess,

You may find the Sabbath thread very interesting…. I'll pull it up for you.

Love,
    Mandy

mandy,

thank you, I am fine with Sabbath. I have heard it all before, Christ is our Sabbath, yes he is Lord of Sabbath, he is my rest.
    Why take just throw out this commandment and keep the others, you could be doing the Lord's work on this day ……..pray your flight does not come in winter or Sabbath, round and round it goes, where it stops…….tribulation.

Sabbath is my, no interference with the world, everything is in order, , my affairs are in order, food is prepared, all know my door is open, and praise be I can walk to the temple, if needed, have had Sabbath at my house a few times, truthfully, i enjoy this the most

i do not do Sabbath as some do traditon of sort. just the basic 101 Sabbath keeping. if anyone can understand that.

tried the schedule way of sabbath, lighting candles, saying certain prayers, became more fustrated and angry, then it was given, Sabbath is not about that, it is about Father, reading the teachings of Christ with family, learning, what is the best, it is not 10-12 or 7-9, it is an all day occasion.

Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,12:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:24)
    Why would God declare some of His creatures unclean for food in the OT and all of a sudden declare them clean in the NT?  Why then bother to declare them unclean at all.

This isn't the only thing God that has changed his mind on, so it doesn't surprise me.

In the OT you couldn't even wear the clothes we have on our backs currently (cotton/poly blends)……  And according to Con, we still shouldn't be wearing them.  Hey Con, what are you wearing right now?   :laugh:

I wonder if he keeps all the commandments, literally?

Oh, I'm getting ornery now….I better go.

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented.  Indeed, because He is merciful.  But  apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Mandy:

About the sex with family thing, I don't think that this could be avoided in the beginning do you?

Also, Abel was a keeper of sheep. I do not see anywhere that God forbade the eating of the flesh of animals. Only he said that herbs were for food for humanity and for the animals.

Interestingly enough, He makes the distinction regarding clean and unclean animals even here:

Gen 7:1 ¶ And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
    Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.

Because of this, I wouldn't believe that all of a sudden now in the NT he would declare all animals clean.

Jesus was sent as His representative, and so, no, I don't believe that he would change something that God had declared to be so.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

georg
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 17 2009,14:59)
    under this new age religion, are you allowed to drink blood?

Yahweh's instruction on what to eat and not to eat……would you expect anything less from Father, he created us, would he not know what was best for us to eat and not eat.

Sabbath……..rest, from work, money matters seven more days till next Sabbath, i love Sabbath……if you have never tried it……..do, the most spiritual experience you will ever have, so much is learned, so much is asked, so much love and laughter, so many tears, nothing of the world is involved, no breaking up the day, preparing for Sabbath is like preparing for Christ to return.

Father, says in my house you rest a day out of the week, man says, no need to. Who rules? Once again, he created us, do you think his love only is spiritual for us, his creation, he knows how it works better than we do.

We are not under that law anymore, and as Gentiles we never were. It was a covenant that God made with Israel.
    Exodus 31:16-17 :Therefor the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generation as a perpetual covenant.
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever…….
    When we belonged to the W.W.Church of God we too kept the Sabbath. We have learned a lot since then.
    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves, it is a free gift from God.
    verse 9 not of works, lest you should boast.

We are under a new covenant in
    Luke 22:20…..”This cup is the new covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you.”
    In the old testament time, they had to make atonement for their sins and had to kill an animal for that.
    Also if you want to keep te law, you have to keep the whole Law.
    Romans 5:4 “You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Romans 5:3 And I testify again , to every man who becomes circumcised that you are debtors to keep the whole law.

Every man in the old Testament times became circumcised. Is that what you want to do too.

In today's society all boy babies do get circumcised, for cleanliness's only.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account