Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Good Lord, help us all!

:laugh:

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 14 2009,16:28)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 14 2009,14:10)

Quote (princess of the king @ Oct. 14 2009,13:49)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 14 2009,13:40)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 14 2009,13:29)
    We're having a huge party here!  I won't tell you what I'm dressing up as…..  I think this announcement is enough for this board. :;):

Hmmmm. You must be dressing up sexy  :;):

thinker

it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man, it is what comes out.

This forum is just filled with prudish and judgmental people.

“TO THE PURE ALL THINGS AR PURE!”

thinker

Is adultery ever pure? Is homosexuality ever pure?

Mandy is right. “God help us all.”

thinker

georg
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 14 2009,18:03)
    Good Lord, help us all!

Mandy! I can't believe you anymore. Don't you know what Halloween is? Why would anyone wants to dress up as a Ghost or a Witch, and go out on a dark night with little Kids? Do you kow where all of this started? I know you still have little ones, I am sorry, but even then. And yes, I sure hope that the Lord will help us all.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Wow: Sometimes this site gets awfully trivial about opinions. No one said a word about the correct postings thinker wrote. No one gave him any credit for being scriptually on target. Just a bunch of hooey crap about satan and evil. I suppose all who are against halloween are most certainly against christmas. You know, the pagan roots back to nimrod and the tree. You surely don't worship the decorated tree or even allow it in your house, right? Look for devils and they are everywhere you look. Look for Jesus/God and peace and love will dominate your life. Its your choice. Oh and while you are degrading a person for a sexual expression remember that its not what comes out of a man that defiles him, its what he covers over and keeps inside to boil and simmer and eventually become a cancer or other form of sickness. Thinker your expression was fun and non-threatning! We are free in Christ together. TK

georg
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 14 2009,21:29)
    Wow: Sometimes this site gets awfully trivial about opinions. No one said a word about the correct postings thinker wrote. No one gave him any credit for being scriptually on target. Just a bunch of hooey crap about satan and evil. I suppose all who are against halloween are most certainly against christmas. You know, the pagan roots back to nimrod and the tree. You surely don't worship the decorated tree or even allow it in your house, right? Look for devils and they are everywhere you look. Look for Jesus/God and peace and love will dominate your life. Its your choice. Oh and while you are degrading a person for a sexual expression remember that its not what comes out of a man that defiles him, its what he covers over and keeps inside to boil and simmer and eventually become a cancer or other form of sickness. Thinker your expression was fun and non-threatning! We are free in Christ together. TK

You could not be more wrong in that you think it is alright for a Christian to celebrate a Festival that is stiffed in Paganism.
    You really think that God likes what heathen do? Not in my book. And as far as all Holidays are concerned, you need to read in Lev, 23 and see what God likes. Those are His Holy Days. I guess we are really getting to know who who is.
    And Who loves God and who loves Worldly things. Just like the trinity…… Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Millions died because they wanted to do the right thing. You think that could not happen again? Oh, yes my friend, look around you we are on our way! All I can say is I am glad I am 71 years old and soon leave this evil deceived world. It all started in the second century and it has never stopped.
    You can all do what you can't stop doing, but one day, you too will see. One more thing. At Christmas time, more people commit suicide then any other time of the year. And Christ was not born on Dec. 25 either. But it was Nimrods Birthday.
    you think I am wrong, just study Ancient History, you'll be surprised. Are you also free in Christ to go out and get drunk?
    Or sin? Or be abusive? Give me a break.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Oct. 14 2009,20:59)

Good Lord, help us all!

Mandy!  I can't believe you anymore.  Don't you know what Halloween is?  Why would anyone wants to dress up as a Ghost or a Witch, and go out on a dark night with little Kids? Do you kow where all of this started?  I know you still have little ones, I am sorry, but even then. And yes, I sure hope that the Lord will help us all.
    Peace and Love Irene

“To the pure ALL things are pure.”

It is only the defiled conscience that is offended.

thinker

Lightenup
    Participant

My two cents on halloween…I wish it would go away because I do think that the people that worship satan do so even more on this day. I used to think all year long what costumes to dress my little kids as for halloween parties that my Christian friends had. I never dressed them up as deathly creatures or evil beings. They dressed as bag ladies, wall street stock brokers, pirates, cowboys, monkeys, angels, batman, spiderman, shepherds, Raggedy Ann etc. They enjoyed that thoroughly as well as the collecting of candy and driving around in the back of the pick-up from house to house. We stopped doing anything at halloween time for a while and then the pastor down the street was handing out candy so we weakened and continued doing what we had been. The church usually had a fall festival on that night where the kids dressed up and attended. I have to admit that the kids have so much fun dressing up and the costumes do not have to reflect evil at all. The church always presents the gospel at the fall festival and that is a good thing.

So, like anything and during any occasion you can be light to the world around you or you can be darkness. A television can bring evil into our home or good, so can a computer for that matter. So, I think if anyone is going to snub their noses at kids dressing up and going around to the neighbors for candy then they should consider getting rid of their tv and computer too. Beware of legalism as well as your freedoms and look for what edifies and builds the body up. As for me throwing a big party…I don't but I do attend the festivals each year at church.

My opinion,
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 14 2009,11:06)
    My two cents on halloween…I wish it would go away because I do think that the people that worship satan do so even more on this day.  I used to think all year long what costumes to dress my little kids as for halloween parties that my Christian friends had.  I never dressed them up as deathly creatures or evil beings.  They dressed as bag ladies, wall street stock brokers, pirates, cowboys, monkeys, angels, batman, spiderman, shepherds, Raggedy Ann etc. They enjoyed that thoroughly as well as the collecting of candy and driving around in the back of the pick-up from house to house.  We stopped doing anything at halloween time for a while and then the pastor down the street was handing out candy so we weakened and continued doing what we had been.  The church usually had a fall festival on that night where the kids dressed up and attended.  I have to admit that the kids have so much fun dressing up and the costumes do not have to reflect evil at all.  The church always presents the gospel at the fall festival and that is a good thing.

So, like anything and during any occasion you can be light to the world around you or you can be darkness.  A television can bring evil into our home or good, so can a computer for that matter.  So, I think if anyone is going to snub their noses at kids dressing up and going around to the neighbors for candy then they should consider getting rid of their tv and computer too.  Beware of legalism as well as your freedoms and look for what edifies and builds the body up.  As for me throwing a big party…I don't but I do attend the festivals each year at church.

My opinion,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

Amen!

Legalism is a stench in Gods nostrils. We are indeed free in Christ!

Blessings Keith

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 14 2009,10:33)

Quote (georg @ Oct. 14 2009,20:59)

Good Lord, help us all!

Mandy!  I can't believe you anymore.  Don't you know what Halloween is?  Why would anyone wants to dress up as a Ghost or a Witch, and go out on a dark night with little Kids? Do you kow where all of this started?  I know you still have little ones, I am sorry, but even then. And yes, I sure hope that the Lord will help us all.
    Peace and Love Irene

“To the pure ALL things are pure.”

It is only the defiled conscience that is offended.

thinker

Hi Jack

Amen! I find it interesting that those who desire to wrap chains around those who are free, are also the ones who do not even have a church fellowship or gather with other believers!

Blessings Keith

Lightenup
    Participant

Gathering with other believers can take many forms Keith and we can't be legalistic about that as to how that must happen. Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 14 2009,11:39)
    Gathering with other believers can take many forms Keith and we can't be legalistic about that as to how that must happen. Kathi

Kathi

I do not think that obeying the scriptures is being legalistic.

But if you are refering to Irene, see my post on John 1:1.

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………if we look to the origins of the false and evil pagan festivals we can see there evil, but man has alway mast Evil with ideologies of Good, that is the deception in man. Thinker say what ever we think is pure is pure, that is PURE HOGWASH, GOD has told you “O” man what is GOOD”> In fact scripture does not say that it say “TO THE PURE” ALL THINGS ARE PURE”. PURE DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING I THINK IS OK IS OK. Pure means clear like pure water is clear. If we think clearly we see everything clearly, is what is being expressed there. It never ceases to amaze me how we can justify anything we want to. Not putting anyone down i have done this myself also. But we do need to see things from GOD perspective more and more as we grow in knowledge and understanding. These pagan day are just that PAGAN days and we are told not to (LEARN) the way of the Heathens. IMO

love to you all……………….gene

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 14 2009,11:42)
    To All…………if we look to the origins of the false and evil pagan festivals we can see there evil, but man has alway mast Evil with ideologies of Good, that is the deception in man. Thinker say what ever we think is pure is pure, that is PURE HOGWASH, GOD has told you “O” man what is GOOD”>  In fact scripture does not say that it say “TO THE PURE” ALL THINGS ARE PURE”. PURE DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING I THINK IS OK IS OK. Pure means clear like pure water is clear. If we think clearly we see everything clearly, is what is being expressed there.  It never ceases to amaze me how we can justify anything we want to. Not putting anyone down i have done this myself also. But we do need to see things from GOD perspective more and more as we grow in knowledge and understanding.  These pagan day are just that PAGAN days and we are told not to (LEARN) the way of the Heathens.  IMO

Gene

Paul taught against those who would put burdens of guilt on others based on their own conscience.

Its one think to share what your own convictions are and it is another thing to make demands on others because you believe something is wrong.

There is nothing in the scritpures that says children cannot oppose the “heathen practices” of Halloween, by dressing as doctors or pets or whatever and having fun getting candy.

WJ

georg
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,03:48)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 14 2009,11:42)
    To All…………if we look to the origins of the false and evil pagan festivals we can see there evil, but man has alway mast Evil with ideologies of Good, that is the deception in man. Thinker say what ever we think is pure is pure, that is PURE HOGWASH, GOD has told you “O” man what is GOOD”>  In fact scripture does not say that it say “TO THE PURE” ALL THINGS ARE PURE”. PURE DOES NOT MEAN EVERYTHING I THINK IS OK IS OK. Pure means clear like pure water is clear. If we think clearly we see everything clearly, is what is being expressed there.  It never ceases to amaze me how we can justify anything we want to. Not putting anyone down i have done this myself also. But we do need to see things from GOD perspective more and more as we grow in knowledge and understanding.  These pagan day are just that PAGAN days and we are told not to (LEARN) the way of the Heathens.  IMO

Gene

Paul taught against those who would put burdens of guilt on others based on their own conscience.

Its one think to share what your own convictions are and it is another thing to make demands on others because you believe something is wrong.

There is nothing in the scritpures that says children cannot oppose the “heathen practices” of Halloween, by dressing as doctors or pets or whatever and having fun getting candy.

WJ

Put burden on? Come on, Evil is Evil. Heathen is Heathen. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. There is no in between.
    I did one time dress our children up too, I also one time taught the trinity doctrine to our Kids. But once you know the true meaning of something, it is our responsibility to do the right thing. It has never made sense to me, even when I dressed our Kids up, that going out at night, could be so much fun. Yes, if you want to put the light under a basket,I guess you will do so.
    But now, we know better, and we should let our light shine. Keeping Halloween does not do that. And to me it is senseless, and an abomination to God, who is Love. Again Satan is not pure, neither is Halloween..
    Irene

seekingtruth
    Participant

However not all men have this knowledge; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

I believe that halloween falls in this same category and while we must never put traditions of man before the commandments of God, to imply associations by its having roots of evil, when to me it has no deeper roots than a custom I enjoyed as a kid, I believe does enter into the realm of legalism. If it would violate your conscience don't do it but don't say more then what scripture has given us.

3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

My opinion, Wm

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WM……….It's not about condemning any one, I don't condemn any for Practicing any vain custom, that no my Job to do that, but to portray evil for good is not right either or to try to disguise it as good by saying nice things doesn't make it right either. If I told you it is alright to give your kids a loaded gun and you thought i was OK would that make it right because in your mind and conscience it was OK. Does your ignorance Justify it, Come ON . God commanded us (NOT) to Learn the way of Heathens. Halloween is a Heathen Pagan Practice anyway you want to cut it. As well as Christmas, and EASTER , painting another face on a pig doesn't stop it from being a pig , Just because our conscience does not condemn us is no justification for evil practices. Understanding God's words are supposed to raise our conciseness level not dumb it down. Some people think smoking Marijuana is OK, others think drugs are great some justify stealing to support there families is alright. Because we decide something is right or wrong does (NOT) make it right or wrong. How could anyone in good conscience go against GOD words and think it OK> Being (CONVECTED OF THE TRUTH) should discourage poor behavior. This is not to condemn anyone I have myself done these things and worse, not condemning anyone, just think we should try to do what GOD says thats all. It does say blessed is He who condemns not himself in what he allows. So If the spirit of GOD is Present it will convict us of our errors and support our right decisions. IMO

gene

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 15 2009,00:21)
    WM……….It's not about condemning any one, I don't condemn any for Practicing any vain custom, that no my Job to do that, but to portray evil for good is not right either or to try to disguise it as good by saying nice things doesn't make it right either. If I told you it is alright to give your kids a loaded gun and you thought i was OK would that make it right because in your mind and conscience it was OK.

Actually I've given my kids loaded guns, after I taught them the truth about them and their dangers.

Does your ignorance Justify it, Come ON . God commanded us (NOT) to Learn the way of Heathens. Halloween is a Heathen Pagan Practice anyway you want to cut it.

So.. it's a pagan practice from hundreds of year ago to send their kids around gathering candy?

As well as Christmas, and EASTER , painting another face on a pig doesn't stop it from being a pig , Just because our conscience does not condemn us is no justification for evil practices. Understanding God's words are supposed to raise our conciseness level not dumb it down.

dumb…huh. I've studied the scriptures for over 30 years, funny I must of missed the “thou shalt not” on costumes and candy.

Some people think smoking Marijuana is OK, others think drugs  are great some justify stealing to support there families is alright.  Because we decide something is right or wrong does (NOT) make it right or wrong. How could anyone in good conscience  go against GOD words and think it OK> Being (CONVECTED OF THE TRUTH) should discourage poor behavior. This is not to condemn anyone I have myself done these things and worse, not condemning anyone, just think we should try to do what GOD says thats all.

I couldn't agree more, but I do not see scriptures saying what your saying.

It does say blessed is He who condemns not himself in what he allows. So If the spirit of GOD is Present it will convict us of our errors and support our right decisions.  IMO

gene

Gene,
    I've explained the best I can and don't expect to change your mind. I believed same as you for years, but have since tried to not exceed what scripture says. I could be wrong but as the scripture I quoted states “God is able to make us stand” I'm open for correction but do not believe the scriptures I heard to date apply as other seem to think they apply.

My opinion – Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This peculiar american tradition based on spiritism should not be posted in this section should it?

georg
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 15 2009,06:34)
    Hi,
    This peculiar american tradition based on spiritism should not be posted in this section should it?

Nick  I agree with that completely.  So move it.  You have the right to, and some hear would even appreciated that.
    It is not of a Christian that I am sure of., is it?
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Oct. 15 2009,04:51)
    However not all men have this knowledge; but some, being accustomed to the idol until now, eat food as if it were sacrificed to an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

I believe that halloween falls in this same category and while we must never put traditions of man before the commandments of God, to imply associations by its having roots of evil, when to me it has no deeper roots than a custom I enjoyed as a kid, I believe does enter into the realm of legalism. If it would violate your conscience don't do it but don't say more then what scripture has given us.

3 The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

My opinion, Wm

Exactly! If Paul could eat meat offered to idols at a pagan feast, then we can pass out candy to youngsters on “halloween.”

Paul said that nothing is unpure of itself. All things are purified by the pure in heart. “To the pure all things are [made] pure.”

The pagan origins don't matter. Paul said that he could attend a pagan feast and eat meat offered to idols. How could passing out candy on halloween be worse then what Paul would do at a pagan feast? Just as Christians had Judaizers back then so we have them today. They are not content unless they take away our liberty in Christ and bind us to the rule of their consciences.

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account