Haiti vs New Zealand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2011,11:07)
    This video strikes me as racist propaganda.  There is no way on God's green earth that the color of a person's skin decides for them whether they are a slob or an organized clean-freak.

Would I be who I am today if I had grown up in the Haiti from the video?  Or if I grew up in south central LA?

I do agree that blaming other people is not the answer.  And I definitely agree that turning to God for help IS the answer.

Greetings Mik….. Racist Propaganda ???? Open your eyes !!!! Pastor Manning is pleading to his people….The unfortunate fact is they are not listening…. In the broadest sense of your statement he is a racist and what makes him a racist is that he wants to see his race survive and find the freedom that comes with knowing God… Iam also a racist because I would like to see my race survive instead of being mired in this nonsensical theory of cowardly political correctness…. Racist is a term that you would be wise to examine before you banter it around …God gave the world three distinct races which decended from the geneology of Noah… Ham who was dark skinned,Japath who was yellow skined and Shem who was white skinned…. I might add that he created them all equally as well as seperate and apart…. Based on your accesssment God must also be a racist…. BTW he would like to see all of us survive and attain eternal life…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 08 2011,07:27)
    Hmmm. Just had an earthquake.
    And had a 5.7 the other day.

Greetings T8 …. There is no doubt in my mind that Gods hand is on Haiti,not withstanding all the nonsense spoken of by so called christians regarding a deal with devil …. God is not trying to save this world if he was…. he just would…. simply because he is GOD and he does what pleases himself…It would behoove the nations to pay attention to Haiti and how the people react because the same fate awaits those who do not seek God while he is still available and change… so we may survive the judgement that is iminent…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So Theo,

Are you claiming that the color of the skin of the Haitians is what causes them to live in slum-like conditions?

Was it the skin color of the New Zealanders that caused them to get organized and clean up the mess?

Theo, did God make dark-skinned people unorganized, lazy, and unproductive? Did God plan it that light-skinned people were smarter, neater, and better at infrastructuring civilizations?

That is the message I got from the video comparisons. If you did not sense this racist message, then I wonder if we watched the same video.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 10 2011,07:41)
    So Theo,

Are you claiming that the color of the skin of the Haitians is what causes them to live in slum-like conditions?

Was it the skin color of the New Zealanders that caused them to get organized and clean up the mess?

Theo, did God make dark-skinned people unorganized, lazy, and unproductive?  Did God plan it that light-skinned people were smarter, neater, and better at infrastructuring civilizations?

That is the message I got from the video comparisons.  If you did not sense this racist message, then I wonder if we watched the same video.

Greetings Mik …. We most definetely watched the same video ….. I do not see the racism you are ranting about …. What I see is two groups of people each dealing with tragedy in a diferent way ….. one group resorted to violence by choice the other elected to conduct themselves in a civilized responsible fashion…. You see racism …. I see responsible people setting the right example as opposed to violent thugs doing as they please…. This racism nonsense that is in your head is pandemic in this country …. Quit making excuses for people who act badly regardless of the color of their skin…Your last question is a very clear indication to me that you are very confused and I will not give it the dignity of an answer…. your sugestion is assinine…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 09 2011,18:29)
    What I see is two groups of people each dealing with tragedy in a diferent way ….. one group resorted to violence by choice the other elected to conduct themselves in a civilized responsible fashion….

Yes, you saw that, followed by a preacher telling a bunch of black people that they should thank the white man for setting up the sanitation system as wonderfully as they did. Then he states to these same black people that if they were left to their own devices, New York would be as much of a slum as the Haiti shown in that video.

What kind of a comment is that? How the heck does he know what kind of New York a bunch of black, ex slaves would have built, if left on their own? ???

Theo, if you cannot see the racism in those statements, then I don't know what else to say.

Btw, I never was “ranting”. I simply offered my opinion of a video. An opinion to which you apparently took offense.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2011,11:07)
    This video strikes me as racist propaganda.  There is no way on God's green earth that the color of a person's skin decides for them whether they are a slob or an organized clean-freak.

Would I be who I am today if I had grown up in the Haiti from the video?  Or if I grew up in south central LA?

I do agree that blaming other people is not the answer.  And I definitely agree that turning to God for help IS the answer.

Mike! How do you see racist propaganda in that Video? Those people have grown up in that way and know nothing else…..It somewhat reminds me of growing up in Germany when war was at our feet….Some went along with Hitler and did some horrible things but most did because if they didn't they would die….. It is the government that rules…….All the money that was purred out on Haiti has had no effect on the average man and woman, but in New Zealand it did…… Who's fault is it?
    Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Irene,

The racist comments came from the preacher at the end. And the fact that whoever put the video together added that sermon in, after showing films of how Kiwis and Haitians handled a bad situation, linked the whole video to the racist comments of the preacher.

Without the preacher at the end, I agree that it would have been a comparison about how NATIONS handled a disastrous situation – and not about how different RACES handled a disastrous situation.

It was the preacher that made the whole thing about race, by telling his church members that the white man did a far better job at creating a civilized society than they could have; and that they should thank the white man for their great achievements – implying that those achievements were beyond the abilities of black people.

Irene, if a person speaks of A white man doing something better than A black person, I don't consider it to be racist. But when a person speaks of white people in general being able to do things better than black people in general, then that is the very definition of racism.

I offered my opinion. Nobody else here is under any obligation to agree with it.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

I don't see racism either.

I just see a man saying it as it is and recognising a problem in order to affect a solution.

In New Zealand, the native people are the Maori.
    Compared to the white majority of this country, the Maori do not live as long and are more prone to certain medical conditions.
    Being aware of this, the problem is addressed nationally, and extra assistance is given to them to bring their life expectancy in line with the national average.

Likewise in New Zealand we have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world.
    One in three will get it in their life time.
    I myself had a melanoma cut out of my neck once.
    Thankfully 90 something percent of melanoma is not deadly.
    This problem is predominately a white problem because being fair skinned they do not have the same protection against the sun as the Maori.
    In addition to that, New Zealand has extremely clean air and due to our proximity to the Antarctica, the hole in the ozone layer sits over the whole of New Zealand and southern Australia in the summer.
    Knowing this, the problem is addressed nationally and assistance is given to help mainly white people by educating them about the sun and offering free medical assistance with skin cancers.

Now God made the races of man and they are all in his image.
    But it is not racist to say that we are different because we are different.
    Just as women are different to men and one country differs from another, so the races are different.

And does not God himself judge individuals, nations, people's?
    Yes because they are all different and have done things differently.

If for example I make truthful comparisons of the USA compared with Australia, am I then a countryist?
    Is it wrong to say that Australia has free medical care and USA doesn't and hence the USA might learn about the benefits that Australians have from this.

I think a racist is one who hates a race just as a sexist hates a gender.
    But a person who tried to help a race is not a racist he would actually be the opposite in my opinion.

I think it is just a fact that certain groups in societies have weaknesses and strengths, and that by seeing what is possible, the idea is that we learn from each other and are better of for it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Let me state again for the record:  If this video only showed the comparison of how one nation acted after an earthquake, versus how another nation acted after an earthquake, I would not have thought it racist.

Even with the words, “Can you really see REAL Kiwis gang raping and killing each other after the earthquake?” written on the screen, as if “REAL Kiwis” are somehow immune from the evils of this world, and are therefore incapable of raping and killing, I would still not have thought it to be about race.  I would have thought it to be senseless nationalistic propaganda, explaining how “Our nation is great, and yours sucks”.  But I would not have thought it to be about the color of people's skin at this point.

But now consider the words of the preacher, that the maker of the film attached to the end:

Before we talk to [God], we have to get right with you, Mr. White Man.  Because, were it not for you, and your provisions, we would be living here in America the same way people are living in Haiti.

God knows if it were not for the white man, you’d be drinking water right out of the sewer right here in New York City.  If he didn’t keep the sanitation, if he didn’t keep the streets clean…………  Because you won’t do it on your own; you won’t protect the buildings.  God knows were it not for him, you would be dying of cholera right here, in New York City; and every place else where black people are.

If you folks are unable to see the severe racism in those comments, then God help you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I think the preacher is making the argument that his people excuse their bad behaviour by blaming the white man who enslaved them.
    He then points to a nation that was free of slavery and shows that with no excuse to blame the white man, what excuse is left.
    I think he pointed out that the African nations (or other places where they exist) were not that much better off and asks the question, maybe it is us that need to change.

And yes he says that the white man is responsible for looking after the black man in some ways.

Ask yourself if this is true or not.

If it is true, then truth should not be labelled as wrong by slapping a label like racism on it.
    If it is not true, then state your case to show otherwise.

Sometimes the truth is offensive, but I think the truth of a matter is what is most important because it is the truth that sets us free and how can any of us change if we do not acknowledge truth.

An no I do not believe that the colour of one's skin determines their character, but as a whole, it is not hard to notice that races are different and overall they all have strengths and weaknesses. We could for example comment on a white preacher who could easily point out the many terrible sins of the white race and we could do the same for the Asian race too. Remember this is collective and there are of course good people who are Negro and bad people who are Caucasian and Asian.

I am a firm believer that we are all different and we can all learn from each other and I think that the Negro race have many endearing qualities too that other races can learn from.

I don't see this guy as racist, but as acknowledging the situation. A racist is one who thinks his own race or a race is superior and considers other races as inferior. I myself do not hate any race and as a believer to me there is ultimately two kinds of people, the righteous and the wicked. For me that is the only real division that truly matters and the righteous are made up from all people and races and so to are the wicked.

I am married to someone from South America and we live in New Zealand. There are good and bad things about my wife's culture that she talks openly about when she makes comparisons with New Zealand. She often says how New Zealand is extremely efficient and people are generally very trusting of each other. On the other-hand, she also notices that family does not have the same status as it does in South America and comments on how great it is in Colombia where where family is really important and close. This is just the way it is and I am not scared to talk about such things because I believe all things should be subject to the light and not swept under the mat in the name of political correctness.

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All:
              Wow , racism ,
                 in America , if Pastor Manning would have stated that , he would be in the news as a racist . and many “black people” would have been offended; and the “white people” would feel good about themselves. But I believe if Noah was alive now and all three of Noah's descendants , they would have been laughing because he would have been referring to his siblings.
                  We went from how countries would have acted during a crises to racism ,,; Racism is the work of the father of all lies, Satan.
    There is no place in the world for it , but ! it's here because of PRIDE. The first of the most deadliest sins man can do. For their is six more in Prov. 6 :16 KJV. that can dam your soul.  
                   My earlier comment wasn't about Racism it was Comparing 2 Nations.
    my opinion only.       
    :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

New Zealand is multi-cultural.

It is predominately White, followed by Polynesian. Asians are increasing in population and it is predicted by the year 2050, that Asians, Polynesians, and White will each be a third of the population.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Does anyone know where the New Zealand earthquake topic went to.
    I thought it was in Prayer, but can't find it anywhere.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 12 2011,16:53)
    Does anyone know where the New Zealand earthquake topic went to.
    I thought it was in Prayer, but can't find it anywhere.

a call in the dark ??

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Dec. 12 2011,09:03)
    Hi All:
              Wow , racism ,
                 in America , if Pastor Manning would have stated that , he would be in the news as a racist . and many “black people” would have been offended; and the “white people” would feel good about themselves. But I believe if Noah was alive now and all three of Noah's descendants , they would have been laughing because he would have been referring to his siblings.
                  We went from how countries would have acted during a crises to racism ,,; Racism is the work of the father of all lies, Satan.
    There is no place in the world for it , but ! it's here because of PRIDE. The first of the most deadliest sins man can do. For their is six more in Prov. 6 :16 KJV. that can dam your soul.  
                   My earlier comment wasn't about Racism it was Comparing 2 Nations.
    my opinion only.       
    :)

Greetings Happyman …… What is your definition of racism and can show me anywhere in Gods law where one race of people were favored over another in the Eternals' eyes…There is nothing wrong with anybody wanting to see that their race survives… It would behoove you to investigate Mr Manning before casting any aspersions or comparisons of him to the father of lies….. The term racist has used to nuetralize any attemps to bring to light the fact that Blacks are lacking leaders with Godly character…( I will give you hint as to the answer to my initial question)They were choosen to receive the law…. over other races…. was this racism???

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 10 2011,12:12)
    I

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 09 2011,18:29)
    What I see is two groups of people each dealing with tragedy in a diferent way ….. one group resorted to violence by choice the other elected to conduct themselves in a civilized responsible fashion….

Yes, you saw that, followed by a preacher telling a bunch of black people that they should thank the white man for setting up the sanitation system as wonderfully as they did.  Then he states to these same black people that if they were left to their own devices, New York would be as much of a slum as the Haiti shown in that video.

What kind of a comment is that?  How the heck does he know what kind of New York a bunch of black, ex slaves would have built, if left on their own?  ???

Theo, if you cannot see the racism in those statements, then I don't know what else to say.

Btw, I never was “ranting”.  I simply offered my opinion of a video.  An opinion to which you apparently took offense.

Greetings Mik …. I take no offense to civil discourse and as a matter fact I welcome it …. This will be the last time I speak to this issue… When you examine the facts they speak for them selves …. To start the folks that are responsible for slavery are generations past…. The civil rights of all americans have been upheld for over 40 years thanks to the efforts of Martin Luther King,Lyndon Johnson,the Kennedys and a host others…. we are now in 2012 and these facts exist… 51 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks, while blacks number only 19 percent of the population of the entire country,70 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock,black neighborhoods become gettos and as a result productive blacks are fleeing…. Black folks need to listen to Rev.Manning their leaders are lacking in Godly character….BTW I grew up in a housing project in Rockaway Queens NY….

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 13 2011,18:49)
    51 percent of violent crimes are committed by blacks, while blacks number only 19 percent of the population of the entire country,70 percent of black babies are born out of wedlock,black neighborhoods become gettos and as a result productive blacks are fleeing.

Theo,

Could you tell me which one of those statistics stems from the color of skin?  

What if we took the skin color out of your statistics?  What if, instead of “70% of black babies are born out of wedlock”, we figured out what percent of people raised in single parent homes had babies out of wedlock?

And instead of “51% of violent crimes being committed by blacks”, what if we figure out which percentage of violent crimes are committed by people growing up in ghettos…………white, hispanic, asian, OR black.

Your stats scream, “IF YOU HAVE BLACK SKIN, YOU ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO COMMIT A VIOLENT CRIME”.

I don't believe that to be true.  In fact, I believe it to be utter nonsense, as if the color of one's skin decides how violent or crime-prone that one is.

How about we figure out the percentage of blacks living below poverty level to the percentage of whites in that situation.  Or the percentage of blacks growing up without a father, with a mother on welfare, and with gang-bangers as peers and role models, versus the percentage of whites growing up that same way.

How does the percentage of 5 year old black children with crack-head parents compare with 5 year old white children using the same criteria?

All of this is besides the point anyway.  

“God knows if it were not for the white man, you’d be drinking water right out of the sewer right here in New York City.  God knows were it not for him, you would be dying of cholera right here, in New York City; and every place else where black people are.”

Those words are racist, pure and simple.

To claim that without people of white skin to do the proper things, the black skinned people would automatically end up in ruin, is a racist statement.

If you cannot see it, I'm okay with that.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

yeah ,I can see your point you are making ;he could have call to his people without mentioning white people “and so wake up his own people to action,but it seems that never worked ,for some reasons ,
    it seems that it is dificult for blacks as a community to take full responsibility of there action,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

What really offended me was the PROPHESY that without the influence of white skinned people, black skinned people are automatically doomed to drink sewer water and contract cholera.

As if white, hispanic, and asian people don't also sometimes live in these kinds of conditions.  Look at Ethiopia in Biblical times.  Didn't they kick some Hebrew butt at one time?

They must have had some white folks down there telling them what to do, because they never would have been a powerful nation without whitey, right?  :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 14 2011,20:08)
    Hi Pierre,

What really offended me was the PROPHESY that without the influence of white skinned people, black skinned people are automatically doomed to drink sewer water and contract cholera.

As if white, hispanic, and asian people don't also sometimes live in these kinds of conditions.  Look at Ethiopia in Biblical times.  Didn't they kick some Hebrew butt at one time?

They must have had some white folks down there telling them what to do, because they never would have been a powerful nation without whitey, right?  :)

Mike

look Egypt and Joseph,
    history is full of up and downs in all races

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account