God's messengers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Lee
    Participant

Judges 13:1 And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD delivered them into the hand of the Philistines forty years. 2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not. 3 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive , and bear a son. 4 Now therefore beware , I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: 5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines. 6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying , A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible : but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name: 7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink , neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death. 8 Then Manoah intreated the LORD, and said ,O my Lord, let the man of God which thou didst send come again unto us, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born . 9 And God hearkened to the voice of Manoah; and the angel of God came again unto the woman as she sat in the field: but Manoah her husband was not with her. 10 And the woman made haste , and ran , and shewed her husband, and said unto him, Behold, the man hath appeared unto me, that came unto me the other day. 11 And Manoah arose , and went after his wife, and came to the man, and said unto him, Art thou the man that spakest unto the woman? And he said , I am. 12 And Manoah said , Now let thy words come to pass . How shall we order the child, and how shall we do unto him? 13 And the angel of the LORD said unto Manoah, Of all that I said unto the woman let her beware . 14 She may not eat of any thing that cometh of the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, nor eat any unclean thing: all that I commanded her let her observe . 15 And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, I pray thee, let us detain thee, until we shall have made ready a kid for thee. 16 And the angel of the LORD said unto Manoah, Though thou detain me, I will not eat of thy bread: and if thou wilt offer a burnt offering, thou must offer it unto the LORD. For Manoah knew not that he was an angel of the LORD. 17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the LORD, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour ? 18 And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret ? 19 So Manoah took a kid with a meat offering, and offered it upon a rock unto the LORD: and the angel did wondrously ; and Manoah and his wife looked on . 20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground. 21 But the angel of the LORD did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the LORD. 22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die , because we have seen God. 23 But his wife said unto him, If the LORD were pleased to kill us, he would not have received a burnt offering and a meat offering at our hands, neither would he have shewed us all these things, nor would as at this time have told us such things as these. 24 And the woman bare a son, and called his name Samson: and the child grew , and the LORD blessed him. 25 And the Spirit of the LORD began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
    The angel (messenger) of the Lord is called a MAN, and the messenger answers the question that he was the man who spoke unto the woman.

There is nothing that says the angel was some other creature appearing as a man, the messenger of the Lord is clearly identified as being a man.

Traditional Christian doctrine is founded through the Roman Catholic Church’s Greek converts, who grossly misinterpreted scripture, understanding it through their own pagan beliefs.  The “good and evil” “spirit beings” Christians call “angels and demons”, are none other than a Greek converts invention, IMO.

Taking a good hard look at what the scriptures actually say, I am not convinced that any angel in the bible is anything other than a human being!

Genesis 19: 1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground; 2 And he said , Behold now, my lords, turn in , I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night , and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early , and go on your ways. And they said , Nay; but we will abide in the street all night . 3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat . 4 But before they lay down , the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round , both old and young, all the people from every quarter: 5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. 6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, 7 And said , I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly . 8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing ; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof. 9 And they said , Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn , and he will needs be a judge : now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door. 10 But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. 11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door. 12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place: 13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it. 14 And Lot went out , and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said , Up , get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law. 15 And when the morning arose , then the angels hastened Lot, saying , Arise , take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here ; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city. 16 And while he lingered , the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth , and set him without the city.

The angels of the Lord are identified as men.

Can anyone show me through scripture why I should believe they were anything but men?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………..very good post Sis, the word angel can be said to be Messengers, and very well could be Men, becasue it says God has Made Us a “LITTLE” lower then the angels of heavens in order fro us to “TASTE” death. And if we look at some men and see the powers God granted them at times that also goes along with what you are saying , as in the case of Samson who killed 1000 men with the Jaw bone of a ass. No man with just ordinary strength could do that, and as i heave brought out men were even thrown into furnaces as flesh and blood being and came out as the same being, s men of flesh and Blood. I believe we are just like the angels or messengers of heaven in our present bodies, and we can live for ever in these bodies as God told Adam and Eve they could have if they ate (took to themselves) from the tree of Life , He said they would have never died. The only difference is this “perishable body must put “ON” the unpublishable but it is still this body that puts it on. Jesus was resurected not with a different Body but his same body that could not parish because it is “SPIRITUALLY” kept alive for ever.

Great points and proof, Give the little one a hug and kiss from me……………………love and peace to you and yours……………….gene

ftk
    Participant

Jodi & Gene: Jodi that was a powerful truth that I have thought for many years but it was never laid out as plane and simple as you have done. Great post. I'm sure we and many more have great truths that cannot yet be pronounced or accepted by the masses. Its sad that they want to stay the the doctrinal boxes they create from others or maybe from themselves.

Gene: A note I would add at this point to your post, that is awesome to me is that in Psalms (8:5) where is the scripture you quoted about God creating man, if you look up the word “angels” it is “Elohim”! That's the one time only the word ''Angel'' is actually ''Elohim''! The word translated “Angels” is actually “Elohim”. “God hath made us a little lower than “Elohim” and crowned us with glory and honor. Psalm 8:V6 & 7 & 8 are also some of the scriptures that show us that God gave this whole world. We have been in charge from the beginning. This world has been under the control of man from the beginning of man. As I read it, God can only move on our behalf if invited or asked to do so, hence prayer! Just some thoughts and opinions looking for further clarification. Bless you both and all, IMO, TK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account