God’s Family

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,15:18)
    Hi 94,
    Jn5
    24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

So was Jesus speaking of the future or to believers who would listen to his word even now??

John 11:26
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Nick……..the word condemnation should read JUDGMENT, as most all bibles translate it that way. We who believe will not come unto judgement as the rest of the world will , but are now passed from that Judgment unto eon life.

peace and love to you ………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the rest of the world faces the possibility of the lake of fire in the judgement shown in Mt25.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So God has a family.
    Eph3
    14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Jesus is the firstborn Son of God in God's family.
    God is not a trinity but God is the Father.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 05 2009,02:07)
    Hi,
    So God has a family.
    Eph3
    14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Jesus is the firstborn Son of God in God's family.
    God is not a trinity but God is the Father.

I agree!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,.
    If Jesus is not the Son of God then God has no family.
    Trinity theory does not allow God to have a family.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi ya'll,
    This passage was read this week in church since we were specifically celebrating the resurrection of the Lord. Take note of verse 10 and btw the word offspring is in the plural form and literally meads “seed”.

Isa 53:1-12

The Suffering Servant

53 Who has believed our message?
    And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
    2 For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot,
    And like a root out of parched ground;
    He has no stately form or majesty
    That we should look upon Him,
    Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
    3 He was despised and forsaken of men,
    A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
    And like one from whom men hide their face
    He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
    4 Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
    And our sorrows He carried;
    Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
    Smitten of God, and afflicted.
    5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
    He was crushed for our iniquities;
    The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
    And by His scourging we are healed.
    6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,Each of us has turned to his own way;But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us allTo fall on Him.
    7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,Yet He did not open His mouth;Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,So He did not open His mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment He was taken away;And as for His generation, who consideredThat He was cut off out of the land of the livingFor the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due? 9 His grave was assigned with wicked men,Yet He was with a rich man in His death,Because He had done no violence,Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
    10 But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days,And the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand. 11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,He will see it and be satisfied;By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors. NASU

Isa 9:6
    6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
    And the government will rest on His shoulders;
    And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
    NASU

With this post I am establishing that the Son of God is also our Father. He is not to be confused with being “His” Father who is also our Father probably in a more “Grandfather” type of way. The always existent Father had an only Son who fathered the believers, His (the Son's ) offspring or seed.

Thanks for reading,
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    John 13:33
    Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 21:5
    Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

Hebrews 2:13
    And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

BUT

2 Corinthians 6:13
    Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

Galatians 4:19
    My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

1 John 2:1
    My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 2:12
    I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God has a family.
    His children do His will.
    Many set out on fool's errands

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account