Gnosticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The Spirit of God takes us back to the teachings of Jesus.
    But you say do not rely on the bible.

So how can you be sure of your inspiration??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….As i have said (IF) you have the SPIRIT of GOD (IN YOU) You will know if what you said is true or not. “for the spirit (BOTH) accuses US and defends US”. And where have i said we can not rely on scriptures. What is said was you can have a thousand bibles and still not understand what is in them. I am sure of what i am saying by the very same Spirit that was IN Christ is also in ME.

The difference between you and I are this, you believe the bible is the teacher and it's word are always true even though you don't understand them your focus totally on the written word, it has become you real GOD in a sense, you in a sense worship it, While i on the other hand do not, i worship GOD the FATHER (ONLY) and while i read his written words I look to the Spirit of TRUTH to (reveal) there (TRUE) meanings and give me understanding of those truths. I have quoted Jesus' own word explaining that , but you still refuse to believe it, while all the time claiming to follow Jesus' words. Amazing.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    But you are quoting scripture.
    You told us you do not rely on it??
    You trust your own personal inspiration

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..please post where i said you can't rely on scriptures, doesn't it bother you to misrepresent what a person says. My own “PERSONAL” understanding is given by GOD'S Spirit to ME, and then it becomes personal and convicts me. But in your case your seem to have no true convictions of Your Own. So why should even quote anything seeing you have no real understand of what you are quoting even if it is scripture. The SPIRIT of GOD Gives those who have it a Personal conviction of the TRUTH. It is even called the SPIRIT(intellect) OF TRUTH. But then again you don't understand what SPIRIT is even if Jesus explained it to US clearly. I know what you are saying but a person with the HOLY SPIRIT of TRUTH, is taught by that SPIRIT and convience BY IT. That commencement in OUR MINDS, becomes part of His (PERSONAL) inspiration. I do realize by your word you do not understand that.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You said
    “Thinker……..your reliance on Scriptures rather then the Spirit of GOD, causes you much confusion. “

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Should we NOT RELY ON SCRIPTURE?

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    There is no conflict between the Spirit of God and the Scriptures He wrote through men.
    If you prefer the spirit that guides your intellect then you should test the spirits.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 23 2009,06:31)
    G,
    You said
    “Thinker……..your reliance on Scriptures rather then the Spirit of GOD, causes you much confusion. “

Nick………So you read into that statement , I am saying you (can't) rely (at all) rely on scriptures. Nonsense that is not what i was saying. I was telling thinker his reliance on Scripture (rather) then The Spirit of GOD, causes Him much confusion (in understanding Scriptures) was my point, that had nothing to do with saying Scriptures are not reliable, it was the understanding of them that was the issue, and that is also what i believe is your problem also. Your continual efforts to try discredit Me in obvious to me as well as others,. So you like thinker and the rest of the Trinitarians and Preexistences, read things into what we are really saying. You continual (LABELING) and DISTORTING What is said is both offensive and false.

NickHassan
    Participant

For t

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 23 2009,04:38)
    Nick…….As i have said (IF) you have the SPIRIT of GOD (IN YOU) You will know if what you said is true or not. “for the spirit (BOTH) accuses US and defends US”. And where have i said we can not rely on scriptures. What is said was you can have a thousand bibles and still not understand what is in them. I am sure of what i am saying by the very same Spirit that was IN Christ is also in ME.

The difference between you and I are this, you believe the bible is the teacher and it's word are always true even though you don't understand them your focus totally on the written word, it has become you real GOD in a sense,  you in a sense worship it, While i on the other hand do not, i worship GOD the FATHER (ONLY) and while i read his written words I look to the Spirit of TRUTH to (reveal) there (TRUE)  meanings and give me understanding of those truths. I have quoted Jesus' own word explaining that , but you still refuse to believe it, while all the time claiming to follow Jesus' words.  Amazing.

gene

having the spirit means that what you understand is in harmony with scriptures and able us to go deeper into the meaning ,but not away from it

T,

I must admit, I cannot confess as you do in regards to all scripture must harmonize with the spirit. Taking in consideration that I do not read only canonized text. Even so, some canonized text are tough to considered, when we are taught to love one another, for in the Hebrew text, this is not shown at times, much war, killing is involved.

Your son in law who is gnostic, if you ask him, I know he considers the old testament is from another god, and not the true one.

The Hebrew texts when read can really shake ones faith, especially if one has been taught from Greek/Arabic text.  

Listen T, be careful, test everything. If it is your hearts desire to know it will be given.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ April 27 2010,10:55)
    T,

I must admit, I cannot confess as you do in regards to all scripture must harmonize with the spirit. Taking in consideration that I do not read only canonized text. Even so, some canonized text are tough to considered, when we are taught to love one another, for in the Hebrew text, this is not shown at times, much war, killing is involved.

Your son in law who is gnostic, if you ask him, I know he considers the old testament is from another god, and not the true one.

The Hebrew texts when read can really shake ones faith, especially if one has been taught from Greek/Arabic text.  

Listen T, be careful, test everything. If it is your hearts desire to know it will be given.

POK

it does not matter OT or NT,the entire OT explains the NT,

the reasons why all of the killing and wars and hate and murders,and so on,it is understood very well ,

you can compared it to a child birth until he is become mature,
    the phases of live in a way,
    this in God way ;are the phases of his plan.

if you look it in it's whole the bible and Jesus gives all those answers.

as for my in law i have talked to him but he cut me off now because he as no argument beside saying that he does not share my view.

as for the Hebrew text does not change the truth of the will of God.what change is the people view on the word of God,

but wen ask the true question only the truth as to be answered,in English or in Hebrew or ……

and you can not see the truth if you do not want to see it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    When folk entrust their future on knowledge rather than obedient actions taken because of that scriptural knowledge it is a vanity and a source of error for others.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2010,13:52)
    Hi T,
    When folk entrust their future on knowledge rather than obedient actions taken because of that scriptural  knowledge it is a vanity and a source of error for others.

nick

i can say the same about anyone and to anyone.

let see it this way;any true christian is a slave of Christ and God,
    who are we judging someone else slave??

we all on our way to meet Christ ,and our judgement is now,

we may have different views on some of the written word this is true,but quoting the scriptures as a explanation is not much of a help,because we all have bible that we read.

so adding a little understanding is more helpful

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Most who post here are still outside the gate so the Lord is not yet their Master.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2010,15:58)
    Hi T,
    Most who post here are still outside the gate so the Lord is not yet their Master.

nick

agreed and so true.let also consider that it is not knowledge that will save us ,but the sincere and true faith in our hearts toward God and Christ his son.

the only difference between them and a mature member in the church is knowledge and understanding of the word of God.

but as for his faith no difference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Obedience matters too.
    “Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do as I say?”

the reasons why all of the killing and wars and hate and murders,and so on,it is understood very well ,

As understood in our present day?

as for my in law i have talked to him but he cut me off now because he as no argument beside saying that he does not share my view.

Have you ask him his view? Or does one not tread on these grounds. Paul that you speak of with reverence, did he not tread onto these grounds? Did not all?

Phases of a plan, Divine does not play good cop bad cop. He is the Master Chief.

This whole bible you speak of, is this the one the RRC canonized, this is the bible that ones say will give everlasting life, as they take their second breathe to condemn the ones that have the faith of the RRC. Truth comes from them?

Nothing has changed T, the view of god is the same yesterday as it is today. It all depends on which denomination is preaching it.

Not only can our eyes be closed, so can our ears.

T, your one of a few.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2010,16:07)
    Hi T,
    Obedience matters too.
    “Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do as I say?”

nick

it is understood that they do so ,“ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
    Mt 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
    Mt 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
    Mt 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments

this is important ,we know that in some way we may sin but it is not willingly or by misunderstanding.this will be forgiven.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2010,15:58)
    Hi T,

Who are you to judge a man's heart?

Have you been bestowed an honor you have not shared?

No one on this board Nick by your standards is worthly enough, your standards are set higher then the Pharisees themselves.

You show no mercy, grace to anyone. Take heed Nick to your own preachings.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account