Gnosticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….If what i say does not meet Scripture , you are under obligation to prove it rather then rattle you mouth off . It simply does not meet (YOUR) ideology or OPINIONS, of what (YOU) think Scripture is saying, certainly not everyone else's. Many here disagree with you renditions of scripture. You ask us not to promote “our” words but (YOU) seem to have no problem doing that. Interesting!.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You cannot accept scripture without your additions and subtractions.
    That makes you your own god surely?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Which is better to Parrot scripture and not understand what is means or to give understanding to Scriptures. Anyone can be a Parrot. Few really understand. I ask you for a simple understanding of what Jesus meant by “the words i am telling you (ARE) Spirit and LIFE, but you fail to even understand what Jesus said. On one side of your mouth you say believe scripture , but on the other you refuse to believe what Jesus said. His (WORDS) WERE and (ARE). Your ignorance of these simple statements of Jesus shows you lack understanding. And if that weren't bad enough you even try to prevent other from understand it. You act like you know what Spirit is but cant give us even one scripture to support you assumptions. If fact you are the one adding and subtracting from the words of Jesus yourself.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Better to remember what is written than to add embellishments and trim off the distasteful bits.
    That way you'll finish up with your own gnostic bible.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..as i have said before if anyone here is a gnostic it is you, your Preexistence belief are exactly the same as theirs were. And it is good to remember what is written , but better is to (understand what is written, which you seam to have a hard time doing. It is interesting you seem to find distasteful bits in GOD'S words. I don't find His words and Jesus' distasteful but encouraging and edifying, we must be reading a different bible then you.   IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You do have different scriptures.
    Your own gnostic bible.

And you bring it out every day to try to attract adherents but none will follow you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….No one follows you either, with you fear religion and self Works salvation. What is interesting no matter how many scriptures i and other have quoted from the bible you still refuse to believe or understand them. So please tell us what bibles and Spirit you are using and following. You are seriously mistaking if you think i am trying to get people to follow me, perhaps that is your problem, you really think i am trying to get a following, truth is i could care less if you or anyone follows me, its not about me, it about (UNDERSTANDING GOD'S WORDS). IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There is no unity in gnosticism as everyone is following his own ideas.
    We do need to rely on scripture-it is truth[Jn17.17]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..And what of the (SPIRIT of TRUTH) that gives meaning to scriptures we read , anyone can Parrot scripture but few truly understand them. Fact is there is no unity where the SPIRIT of The LORD in not there. All who have the Spirit of GOD, understand the WORD of GOD, because the SPIRIT reveals it unto them. ALL who are of GOD are taught BY GOD, Jesus said, ” Know you not you shall (all) be taught by GOD”.

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 20 2009,00:07)
    Nick……..And what of the (SPIRIT of TRUTH) that gives meaning to scriptures we read , anyone can Parrot scripture but few truly understand them. Fact is there is no unity where the SPIRIT of The LORD in not there. All who have the Spirit of GOD, understand the WORD of GOD, because the SPIRIT reveals it unto them. ALL who are of GOD are taught BY GOD, Jesus said, ” Know you not you shall (all) be taught by GOD”.

Gene

You mean when they agree with you, right?

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ………..It's not about ME, it's about the love of the TRUTH, which you trinitarians have twisted and rejected. No one has to believe anything i say if they can not find it in scripture, that would be foolish for them to do that. It's not about me OR YOU, its about the TRUTH of what is written in Scriptures. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So you sometimes rely on scripture when it supports your ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..let's not play that cat and mouse game OK, In fact that is exactly what you do. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

So G,
    Should we RELY ON SCRIPTURE and PARROT IT or not?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….learn to give the sense of what Scripture is really saying and you might realize greater Spiritual truths, learn to Hear with the SPIRIT is SAYING, look to GOD for guidance not just scriptures, you should understand this by all the different interpretations given here on almost every subject posted. GOD'S Spirit shows us what the (REAL) TRUTH IS> Without it there is only confusion as Trinitarians and Preexistences have, being given a deluding Spirit (INTELLECT) from GOD (IN ORDER) for them to BELIEVE (THE LIE) and that LIE is Jesus is GOD and He preexisted HIS BERTH.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So just believe the essense that gels with your own ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….If the SPIRIT of GOD is in your MIND, it will gel quite clear.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the mind is the real foundation and then scripture is SOMETIMES able to be relied on?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………You must not believe in the SPIRIT of TRUTH being given into the minds of GOD Childern, you seem to think you get the understanding of truth from scriptures only. Do you even believe in the HOLY SPIRIT at all. What happened to the thousand of Christians who never had bibles to get their “truth” from then. The HOLY SPIRIT is (NOT) our BIBLES , you can have a thousand bibles and have read then all and still be blind as a bat , concerning GOD'S TRUTH. Do you know if you really have recieved the HOLY SPIRIT YET, sometime you talk as if you don't know. Remember it say the SPIRIT bares WITNESS with our SPIRIT that we (ARE) the SONS of GOD.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2009,14:45)
    G,
    So the mind is the real foundation and then scripture is SOMETIMES able to be relied on?

Nick…………”Let this (MIND) be in you as was in Christ Jesus our Lord.” So your answer is YES. WE are (NOT) saved by scripture, we are saved by the BLOOD OF CHRIST being applied to US. I am NOT saying Scripture is not useful they are (NOT) what SAVES YOU.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account