Gnosticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Scripture is truth and more reliable than man's additions and speculations.
    Satan tried one verse at a time against the one who knew deeper understandings.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,04:42)
    Hi j42,
    And nobody owns the knowledge

Nick

All comes from God.

2 Timothy 4:2   Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Colossians 4:6   Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

1 Peter 3:15   But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

2 Corinthians 5:12   For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

Ephesians 6:16   Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17   And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes j42,
    Preach the word.
    Do not add to it or claim a special gift that others do not have.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,02:30)
    Hi KW,
    Scripture is truth and more reliable than man's additions and speculations.
    Satan tried one verse at a time against the one who knew deeper understandings.

Nick,

Scripture is just words written on pages, it is the Spirit that gives life. Satan does not have the spirit and thus he gives death even as teaching from Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Word is authored by and imbued with the Spirit of God.

Men would make it mere idiom.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..In the last 50 years or so there has been uncovered many older bibical scriptures that are not the same as our text that we have now. There have been numerous changes made from the originals. I asked Kerwin to read a book written by Bart Ehrman on these descovered errors in his book about “misquoting Jesus”, where he brings out so many alterations and contradictions found in our present text that were not in the original bible text, he is a critical textual scholar who has access to the oldest textual documents that have been discovered that we now have at our desposal.

While I know it is the spirit of God that guides us into the truth, none the less he brings out the deceptions of how Jesus came to be perceived as a God in his book entitled “HOW JESUS BECAME GOD”, he shows how the apostles and early Christianity did not view Jesus as a God or diety of any kind , how they saw Jesus as an ordinary man who did not preexist his berth on this earth. He shows how the changes of the perception of Jesus, from a humble apologetic preacher to becoming the preexisting God himself took place. I do believe you would find these books quite revealing, in fact I believe anyone posting here would.

PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Thanks

Of course ‘oldest’ does not prove greater accuracy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    The bible is a spiritual book.
    But it can be examined in an intellectual way and most still do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Gene has raised this subject a few times so perhaps it needs to be looked at.

Do Gnostics believe all humans preexist?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The essence of this false faith seems to be based on belief in your own strong opinions with support from perhaps one verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

In 2007 I said that Jesus was a preexistent being.

I was wrong of course and my error was because I failed to understand the prophetic Word and made assumptions about the unique one Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..The teaching of the Gnostic’s greately corrupted the church right at the time of the apostles John and Paul, and after they died it like a deadly virus infected the complete church, causing the apostasy or falling away of the church. Their teachings turned the true Jesus into a false JESUS, THEY taught that Jesus was a God, that he preexisted his berth on this earth, that Jesus was sent from the pelora of the God’s, that Jesus was not a real human being but was only desguised as a human but was really a preexisting God and that Jesus had no need to be “ANOINTED” BY GOD, because he was a God already, hence the term “Antichrist” or anti-anointing, coined by John.

If anyone believes any of these teachings formed by the Greek Gnostic’s they need to repent and forsake those corrupt teachings, or you will remain blind and x because you love not the truth, God will send unto you a spirit of delusion, inorder for you to believe those “LIES”.

Any Jesus that is preached as a person who did not came into his “EXISTENCE” at the time of his berth on this earth and had to be ANOINTED by God before he could become the MESSIAH, is a false JESUS.

REMEMBER what Jesus said “MANY” will come in my name saying I AM, and “DECIEVE” MANY”, the DECEPTION that exists in nearly all so called Christianity today is about Jesus himself.

Mat 7:13-14….Enter you in at the strait gate for: wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and “MANY” there be go in threat: 14, Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and “FEW” there be that find it.

Peace and love to you all……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh.

This is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourself , that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward.

Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God: The one who abides in the teaching, He has both the Father and the Son.

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, Do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

2jn 9f

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

If you wish to understand

2 Jn 9

I suggest you align it with 1 Tim 3.16.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

It is all about the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Gnosticism is of the flesh.

It starts with an idea that seems reasonable.

That idea becomes a certainty and perhaps a scripture can be found that sounds supportive.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

No wonder you have difficulty understanding “Christ” means God’s anointed ruler;
    you seem to define words whatever way you want, instead of by their application:

Gnos·ti·cism
    ˈnästəˌsizəm/
    noun: Gnosticism

a prominent heretical movement of the 2nd-century Christian Church, partly of pre-Christian origin. Gnostic doctrine taught that the world was created and ruled by a lesser divinity, the demiurge, and that Christ was an emissary of the remote supreme divine being, esoteric knowledge (gnosis) of whom enabled the redemption of the human spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Christ does not specifically mean ANOINTED RULER as you know.

His anointings included KINGSHIP of course.

The ESOTERIC” knowledge”is the basis of gnosticism.

Not proven biblical truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

No question that you have the dictionary meaning down pat.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Jesus was made both

LORD

and

CHRIST

so the meanings are not the same.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account