Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

:D

“The function of genius is not to give new answers, but to pose new questions – which time and mediocrity can solve.”
    – Hugh Trevor

lyrics

I'm ALIVE…AND IF EVERYone SWALLOWED THEIR PRIDE, AND CARED…. WOULD WE SEE THE DAY WHEN NOBODY DIED?

charity
    Participant
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 04 2008,21:07)

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 05 2008,12:38)
    This site has become a place where Christians of differing beliefs argue with each other. Unity of spirit? Ha!

Kejonn It is very sad that you have to come here and say that. If you go to the first posts of this tread all was thankful and shared their lives. Satan is sneaking in everywhere. He knows He only has a little time left.
    Irene

Go to the “Believers” section. Its all back and forth arguing over what the bible says. Things like that give non-Christians all the ammo they need to avoid Christianity.

I truly believe that this constant bickering over what the bible says was one of the many reasons I started to question Christianity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Is the answer to give up on the truth because it offends some?
    Jesus offended many.

I can see the enemy trying to make people think that it is not worth seeking the truth because the opposition just causes too many problems.

Personally I will not give up because of what men say. I think the truth is a precious enough prize to go after regardless of the many hurdles put in the way.

Others just give up because they reason that the truth is not worth the price. But not everyone gives up on the highest ideal.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 05 2008,21:07)
    Jesus offended many.

I can see the enemy trying to make people think that it is not worth seeking the truth because the opposition just causes too many problems.

Personally I will not give up because of what men say. I think the truth is a precious enough prize to go after regardless of the many hurdles put in the way.

Others just give up because they reason that the truth is not worth the price. But not everyone gives up on the highest ideal.

I did not give up when Kejonn left before and I really don't care what He says about my beliefs. I believe what Scriptures have been shown to me by God's Holy Spirit. There is a promise that the Father has given us to Jesus, and He is commissioned to never loose us. I am under His Blood and I will stay there, until Jesus comes to claim me.
    I hope that settles all. I am grounded.
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen to that.

Many give up because it is a marathon, not a sprint.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 05 2008,04:07)
    Jesus offended many.

What truth? If one peruses the various threads in the “Believer” section, you'd find that this “truth” is obviously very subjective. That is the way religion works.

Do you believe you have obtained the “truth” or has WJ?

Or they find that there really is not “truth” when it comes to religion. There is only belief.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 05 2008,09:21)
    I believe what Scriptures have been shown to me by God's Holy Spirit.

Gene Balthrop also claims to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, yet he comes to several different conclusions about the bible than you.

Which of you is right?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 04 2008,13:04)
    Hi Irene,
    No, nothing to do with that either.

It is just that this site may well be taken over by universalists or other groups and become useless to God.

However that is the way of the world and perhaps other avenues may be better for reaching those who are open to truth and who have not already laid a false foundation.

This site is going to become useless to God, because certain people believe that God has the ability and intelligence to save all peoples of the human race? ???

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 18 2008,22:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,20:51)
    Hi Stu,
    Sects follow human leaders.
    Those that are reborn into and follow Christ are the remnant.

kejonn and Stu!  With this I agree and are united in Christ Jesus and whoever beliefs it too. That is the Church of God. In Spirit and in Truth we shall worship our God. It is not organizations at all. So take that to the Bank if you wish, but I already know that YOU will not.

Peace and Love Mrs.

It is not an Organization at all. We do worship in Spirit and in Truth.
    Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 11 2008,11:04)
    Lightenup  Thank you for sharing with us. Raising 5 children was fun, yes?  Knoxville is were our oldest Grandson is with His wife right now. She is finishing up Her Internship as a Psychologist. They are both coming Home in July to start their Careers. He is a High School Math-Teacher and a Baseball-Coach. They will be both employed in the School that they attended as Teenagers. He will also be a Coach at the same Baseball Field where He started out.

So much fun, thank you all.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Just want to correct a word.
    love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 06 2008,12:06)
    What truth? If one peruses the various threads in the “Believer” section, you'd find that this “truth” is obviously very subjective. That is the way religion works.

Lets face it, something is the truth.
    So it would be fair to assume that some are closer than others.
    I think it would also be fair to say that those who seek it earnestly have a better chance of finding it.
    And those who are open to intellectual arguments that satisfy there bias are less open to it.

So if that is the case, then you would find exactly what you find here.

So to throw out the pursuit of truth because of these hurdles is to basically say that the truth isn't worth the investigation and trouble of trying to be honest, open, innocent, and humble.

So I carry on unhindered by your doubts.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 07 2008,09:53)

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 06 2008,12:06)

Lets face it, something is the truth.
    So it would be fair to assume that some are closer than others.
    I think it would also be fair to say that those who seek it earnestly have a better chance of finding it.
    And those who are open to intellectual arguments that satisfy there bias are less open to it.

So if that is the case, then you would find exactly what you find here.

So to throw out the pursuit of truth because of these hurdles is to basically say that the truth isn't worth the investigation and trouble of trying to be honest, open, innocent, and humble.

So I carry on unhindered by your doubts.

Good for you t8 and I am with you in that persuit of finding the truth. With God's Holy Spirit we have found it. And no one can take it away from us. Jesus is in charge of those that have put themself under His Blood. No more doubt and no more fear, only Love left there. I wish with all my heart that Kejonn would find the road back to Jesus.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

The word “truth” has so much rope? it hangs people daily
    with bad religious manners, it slaughters kills and burns the good on earth. surly the context must be seen not be working for good, having been individualized by religions.
    what is ones valued truth is not another s.
    What matters to God is personal Honesty! (within)
    I do not believe God expects us all to be know-it-alls.
    knowing the “whole” story never made a better person.

the secret of change is hidden within-  the state of pure honesty, not perfection.  desire learns.

we would do better to replace those scriptures forcing the word “truth” with the word Honesty?

that way all god expects is that you see as you see for that day. and we then should only expect that others search there hearts in true honesty.

being taught by the schoolmaster prevents the spirit to change. and the word truth has been made aggressively deceitful.
    -charity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Jesus is the truth so we should not fiddle with scripture.

charity
    Participant

no problem Nick I don see any sanity in fiddling with that which has been fiddled with anyway!

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 07 2008,15:47)
    no problem Nick I don see any sanity in fiddling with that which has been fiddled with anyway!

:D
    Tim

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 06 2008,22:47)

That's quote worthy!

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 06 2008,16:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 04 2008,13:04)
    Hi Irene,
    No, nothing to do with that either.

It is just that this site may well be taken over by universalists or other groups and become useless to God.

However that is the way of the world and perhaps other avenues may be better for reaching those who are open to truth and who have not already laid a false foundation.

This site is going to become useless to God, because certain people believe that God has the ability and intelligence to save all peoples of the human race? ???

Greetings Jodi…..I don't think God is trying to save anybody…For one thing “He Is God” and by the power vested in his own existance he does not have to try anything…he can just make it happen….Judgeing from the state of things in this world if he was trying to save us…it appears he is failing…At the end of the day all will have an opportunity to save themselves and some will refuse the opportunity…Gods plan is awesome….His government on this earth will be the essense of his plan that none should perish….as previously stated there will be those who elect not to conform and they will cease to exist…In gods kingdom justice prevail…and judgement will be swift..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    All will have a second chance?
    WWCG doctrine?

Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account