Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

The Psalmist prayed for what was good in him not to be taken away. That is not proof that it COULD BE taken away. He just hoped and prayed that it would not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    The Spirit is good as the Spirit is of God and not of man.
    The Spirit is not of compulsion but like to a wind.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,
    My point is that once God gives his Spirit to his children, he does not take it away. It is a deposit that he put down on us as we are purchased from him. At any given point depending on our behavior, does God decide not to buy us from our sins? This sounds unlikely.

Participant

Hi Mandy:

As Christians we obey the commandments of the Lord.  When we make a mistake, we repent and the blood that was shed for us cleanses us from all sin.  The Holy Spirit will continue to indwell us if this is what we are doing, but if we practice sin wilfully without repenting, it is not longer the Holy Spirit that indwells us but sin, and if we continue in sin without repenting, there remains no more sacrifice for sin.

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    Hbr 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    Hbr 10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    Hbr 10:29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    Hbr 10:30  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    Hbr 10:31  [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    God is faithful and so must we be.
    2Tim2
    11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1….Mandy, don't let them cause to doubt, For the Gifts of GOD ARE WITHOUT REVOCATION or Repentance. Jesus Said He would send from God the comforter and He would abide with you (FOREVER) forever doesn't mean he is going to take it back. Remember Mandy not all truly believe in the Power and GRACE of GOD. Those who are looking to their self are always in doubt of their salvation because they are operation out of fear NOT FAITH, and Just do not truly believe in the Working Power of GOD”S (GRACE) God is no loser as He said Whatsoever He puts His hand to He will Accomplish. GOD the Father did not call you to Just throw you out because of some sin or short coming you may have. IN FACT those who vomit out these fears , are themselves servant of sin. IMO

charity
    Participant

use your gift for good and not evil, for prophecy will fail, and those without a true affection toward all the creation will  be seen in full cay light Naked as Adam and Eve. -charity

Participant

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Participant

Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
    Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 15 2008,07:11)
    Hi Mandy:

As Christians we obey the commandments of the Lord.  When we make a mistake, we repent and the blood that was shed for us cleanses us from all sin.  The Holy Spirit will continue to indwell us if this is what we are doing, but if we practice sin wilfully without repenting, it is not longer the Holy Spirit that indwells us but sin, and if we continue in sin without repenting, there remains no more sacrifice for sin.

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    Hbr 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    Hbr 10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    Hbr 10:29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    Hbr 10:30  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    Hbr 10:31  [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Bro,

This passage contradicts so many other's that I could list. Passages that say we are his because of the one sacrifice. That no one can take us from him. That grace and mercy keeps our feet from falling. That sin controls our body because of our flesh, for indeed all have sinned, but that in our hearts we obey the Spirit. There are so many more that I cannot think of right now.

The bible is full of these sorts of contradictions! It's maddening sometimes!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 15 2008,11:42)
    Eze 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.  
    Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Nice.

Participant

Hi Mandy:

Jesus said “if you love me keep my commandments”.  If we do this and repent asking for forgiveness when we do, there will never be a problem.  God's mercy is forever ours because of the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus.  

If I let you believe what Gene is saying and if you are in need of repenting and coming back to the Lord (I don't know where you are on this) and I don't let you know the truth then I have let you down, and also, I have let my Lord down.  He paid to great a price for your redemption.

I have let you know the truth, and so, what you believe and do is between you and God.  I love you and want God's very best for you.

Not3in1
    Participant

The Commandments could not be kept, thus the blood sacrifice! Are you saying that if someone has accepted the sacrifice and then sinned but died before he could ask forgiveness – that he would die in his sins and be burned forever?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,13:14)

The Commandments could not be kept, thus the blood sacrifice!  Are you saying that if someone has accepted the sacrifice and then sinned but died before he could ask forgiveness – that he would die in his sins and be burned forever?

Hi Mandy:

If that person was practicing intentionally, after they had been saved and did not repent then yes, I believe they would be destroyed, but no, they will not burn forever.

The commandments could not be kept without violating them if only inadvertantly, therefore. the sacrifice. As born again Christians we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit. God is the Father of our spirit, and we strive to obey His commandments that have come to us through our Lord Jesus. We make mistakes and so, without the blood to wash away our sins when we do, we could not be saved. But as Christians, we do not practice sin wilfully.

Not3in1
    Participant

With all due respect bro,

If that person was practicing intentionally, after they had been saved and did not repent then yes, I believe they would be destroyed,

Let me get this straight: so a lifelong Christian who had served the Lord for 50+ years slid into willful sin – they got in a car accident and died before they could squeek out, “God forgive me!” and they are destroyed?

Whereas the rapist and murderer asks for forgiveness on their death bed and lives?

As born again Christians we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

But apparently God takes back this gift if we willfully sin?

So he gives the gift, takes back the gift if we sin, then gives the gift again when we repent?

We make mistakes and so, without the blood to wash away our sins when we do, we could not be saved.

But the sacrifice was once and for all. Is it the act of asking forgiveness that saves us or not saves us? Or was it the blood shed so long ago?

But as Christians, we do not practice sin wilfully.

I can't think of one Christian tha I know who HASN'T practiced sin willfully and knowingly!

So much doesn't add up these days. I'm really wondering why?
    Mandy

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,14:06)
    With all due respect bro,

If that person was practicing intentionally, after they had been saved and did not repent then yes, I believe they would be destroyed,

Let me get this straight:  so a lifelong Christian who had served the Lord for 50+ years slid into willful sin – they got in a car accident and died before they could squeek out, “God forgive me!” and they are destroyed?

Whereas the rapist and murderer asks for forgiveness on their death bed and lives?

As born again Christians we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.  

But apparently God takes back this gift if we willfully sin?

So he gives the gift, takes back the gift if we sin, then gives the gift again when we repent?

We make mistakes and so, without the blood to wash away our sins when we do, we could not be saved.

But the sacrifice was once and for all.  Is it the act of asking forgiveness that saves us or not saves us?  Or was it the blood shed so long ago?

But as Christians, we do not practice sin wilfully.

I can't think of one Christian tha I know who HASN'T practiced sin willfully and knowingly!

So much doesn't add up these days.  I'm really wondering why?
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

No one has to go to hell or be destroyed unless they decide that is what they want. Jesus has paid the price for our redemption. I for one love him too much to go back into wilfull sin. How about you?

Who do you believe deserves the greater punishment he who knows the truth and goes back into wilfull sinning without repenting or he who did not know the truth and was practicing sin wilfully?

As I see it, the reason that these things do not make sense to you is that you are listening to people who are trying to lead you astray, and they are causing you to be confused.

Let the scriptures that I have quoted speak for themselves.

Not3in1
    Participant

I for one love him too much to go back into wilfull sin.

You never lie?

All have sinned and fallen short.  Forgiveness is there BECAUSE OF willful sin, imo.

Who do you believe deserves the greater punishment he who knows the truth and goes back into wilfull sinning without repenting or he who did not know the truth and was practicing sin wilfully?

I never said the rapist didn't know the truth.  Some know the truth and decide for themselves not to serve God and then on their death bed they squeek out a, “Forgive me, God!”  My question was, should this person deserve life instead of the faithful servant who fell for a time but died before they could ask for forgiveness?

Is your answer the same?  If so, I think God is unfair and treats his children with a cold heart.  I wouldn't parent that way and I doubt you would either.  

Nope.  I'm not listening to any one person any more.  I'm reading the bible!!  The BIBLE is what is confusing me.  There are too many contradictions.

Let the scriptures that I have quoted speak for themselves.

OK, bro.  Thanks.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Can you have “freedom” and not have “free will”?

Not3in1
    Participant

Doesn't the bible say that we are to be slaves – not to sin – but to the gospel.

A slave is not free.

Participant

Hi Mandy:

You are envisioning scenarios trying to test whether God is just or not.  Do you believe that you would be more just than the God of the whole universe?   But the scripture does state:  “Be not deceived God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap”.  A person's repentance must be sincere in order to receive forgiveness for their sins.  I would not advise any one to play games with God, and think they can get away just in the nick of time.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account