Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Show me where my so-called theories are not scriptural, I have listed many many scriptures that back up what i have said. You simple ignore them and try to interrupt when me and other brothers are discussing them by intruding with you condescending words and try to confuse what is being said. Like you know what your talking about and other don't. I'll put my knowledge about the word of God against yours any day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    It would be easier to show how they are scriptural.
    Not at all-pure speculation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I as well as many others here have, you just ignore then unless they fit you dogmas and understandings.

Samuel
    Participant

Matthew 26:34
    Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the #### crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Matthew 26:74
    Then began he to curse and to swear, [saying], I know not the man. And immediately the #### crew.

Matthew 26:75
    And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the #### crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

This is a good example…if no one has used it yet.

But I think that GOD has already seen what we are going to do. And thus has revealed some of this to us at times when he saw fit.

But that still brings up a good question?

Could someone change?

Well, I don't know…Thats not really my field of expertise.
    As if I had a field of expertise.
    Anyway God Bless you all.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…….FREE WILL is a concept of Man. Man wants to not obey God but (BE A GOD) and therefore believes He is the Master of His own destiny and Has the capacity to choose his own way and attain to the understanding of God Himself. But scripture say differently man is limited in his abilities and understanding and has to be guided external of himself inorder to make right choices, there is no “free will” at all . There is only ONE WILL and thats God's WILL that will be done. Jesus plainly told us that saying NOT MY WILL but THY WILL BE DONE. Jesus is portrayed as the Slain lamb of God, why?, because He put His Will to DEATH, and the ONLY WILL working in Him is GOD the FATHERS WILL. He is the example of what we through the power of GOD MUST also Do. Whosoever will save (HIS LIFE) which is expressed through His own will, will loose it and whosoever will lose HIS LIFE will save it. Its all a matter of WILLS God's or Ours. IMO

Peace and love to all………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Certainly the choices of man are not utterly free, but he can choose not to follow God's ways
    or what use would the example given by Jesus be?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2008,07:35)
    Hi GB,
    Certainly the choices of man are not utterly free, but he can choose not to follow God's ways
    or what use would the example given by Jesus be?

I agree with you brother Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Mt6
    10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the will of God is constraining on man
    but not dominating.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen and Amen

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Is God's Will Dependent on our Will or are they equal and we have power over God's Will then. Scripture shows that God does all things after the council of His will, not with the permission of our Wills. Is our transformation a creation of our Wills or GOD'S Will then, is He really able to take out of Us the stony heart and give us soft Hearts, can we really find forgiveness and Cleansing from Him. Is He able to do these things only with our permission are we the potter and the clay or is He the potter and we the clay. Does the clay have power over the potter? These questions need to be addressed in you theology.

imo……..peace………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Which aspect of God's will are you speaking of?
    His perfect will?
    His acceptable will?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Lk19
    22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

So some who were called and equipped as servants he called wicked, and enemies, because they refused his authority. We should be careful to follow his teachings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Still you put the ultimate works in the hand of man, and limit God's part in our salvation, remember the servant who did not produce was the (FEARFUL) one he had not courage to take any risk and His view of God was a wrong one. But those who had courage and viewed God with a loving view went out and did something they were not driven with fear as the one who did nothing was. If we say we love God and Jesus and truly mean it we will have the same courage as Jesus does and will seek to do God's Will and when we fail we will seek forgiveness and God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us from (ALL) unrighteousness. We must all believe that in order to overcome through the power of God as Jesus did.IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You will later find out how grace empowered your good decisions and actions.
    Now you have to make them and do them.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you might be right but i believe i would be a total failure with God GRACE in my life, and i know there is a war in my members the spirit mind and the carnal mind that sometimes prevents me, but i have to say like Paul with my mind i serve the laws of God but with my body the law of sin and death, I also find these are contrary with one other and I to like Paul say O Wretched Man that I AM, who can deliver Me from the BODY of DEATH, and I to say thank GOD through Jesus Christ i will be delievered. For I am Saved BY GRACE and that NOT of MYSELF, and i will never have room to boast the Father has made sure of that.

love and peace to you and yours………… gene

gollamudi
    Participant

What a wonderful way to define God's will and human free will.

Thanks my brother Gene.
    Adam

david
    Participant

For I am Saved BY GRACE and that NOT of MYSELF, and i will never have room to boast the Father has made sure of that.

Of course, a persons salvation is unmerited, undeserved, and only by the undeserved kindness or grace of God. We cannot save ourselves.

But this does not mean effort is not required on our part. Over and over, we're told that we must do things like go down the narrow road, push hard to get through the narrow gate, exert ourselves, put forth effort.

And we have the free will to decide whether or how badly we want to exert ourselves.

seekingtruth
    Participant

I agree David, although God by His grace has done what we could not do, I believe there is “an acknowledging of truth” required on our part where we embrace the concept of repentance from serving self, to one of being motivated by love, to God first, then to our fellow man.

Scriptures

who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness—

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

My opinion – Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The will of God for those to be saved relates to their response to His Son.
    John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account