Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother 942767,
    Thanks for such understanding finally so please don't call it as free will but a will of our own or a choice.

I appreciate your blessings for me and my family and I also wish the same to you and your family.

May God continue to bless you in your endeavour.
    Adam

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 25 2008,14:40)
    Hi brother 942767,
    Thanks for such understanding finally so please don't call it as free will but a will of our own or a choice.

I appreciate your blessings for me and my family and I also wish the same to you and your family.

May God continue to bless you in your endeavour.
    Adam

Hi Adam:

I call it a “free will” the freedom to excercise my choice to obey God or not.

You can call it what you want, but please don't tell me what I can call it.

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Hi All.
    Prov.16:4. The Lord has made all thing for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

Ro.9:17-18.
    17 For the scripture is saying to Pharaoh that “For this selfsame thing I rouse you up, so that I should be displaying in you My power, and so that My name should be published in the entire earth.”

Ro.9:18.
    18 Consequently, then, to whom He will, He is merciful, yet whom He will, He is hardening.

Ro.9:20-21.
    20 O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, “Why do you make me thus?”
    21 Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?

Ro.9:22-23.
    22 Now if God, wanting to display His indignation and to make His powerful doings known, carries, with much patience, the vessels of indignation, adapted for destruction,
    23 it is that He should also be making known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He makes ready before for glory —

It seems to me God will do what He wills, not what Mankind wills. Notice what He says about Pharaoh.

Eph.1:10-11
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So those hardened against God are those who, except for the mercy of God, remain under the wrath of God. So all will not be saved, by what is written.

chosenone
    Participant

…to whom He (God) will, He is meciful, yet whom He will He is hardening. I supose this agrees with another scripture “All is of God”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So God wants all to be saved but all will not be.
    God forces nobody to obey Him.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    So you believe Gods word is a lie? …”who is the saviour of all mankind”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    He saves men in a multitude of ways every day.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 26 2008,13:33)
    Hi All.
        Prov.16:4.   The Lord has made all thing for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.

Ro.9:17-18.  
    17 For the scripture is saying to Pharaoh that “For this selfsame thing I rouse you up, so that I should be displaying in you My power, and so that My name should be published in the entire earth.”

18 Consequently, then, to whom He will, He is merciful, yet whom He will, He is hardening.

Ro.9:20-21.
    20 O man! who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God? That which is molded will not protest to the molder, “Why do you make me thus?”
    21 Or has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?

Ro.9:22-23.  
    22 Now if God, wanting to display His indignation and to make His powerful doings known, carries, with much patience, the vessels of indignation, adapted for destruction,
    23 it is that He should also be making known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He makes ready before for glory —

It seems to me God will do what He wills, not what Mankind wills.  Notice what He says about Pharaoh.

Eph.1:10-11
        10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

Blessings.

Amen to all those wonderful scriptures brother Jerry. I praise God our Maker who is in full control over the creation He made.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Ecclesiastes 11:4
    He who watches the wind will not sow and he who looks at the clouds will not reap.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    So who should be understood in that way; the person who is afraid of fututre and pessimistic isn't it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Do not be seduced by the empty futile philosphy of universalism lest you become enamoured just of vanities.
    In Christ we are empowered and encouraged to plant and to sow that we may reap for ourselves and others the promised rewards.

gollamudi
    Participant

Sorry to bother your brother Nick infact I don't know much about this universalism and I am not any universalist so far. I am only seeing verses debated here by brother Chosenone and others.
    Thanks
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Hi gollamudi.
    Thanks for seeing the debates from us. I will not be posting for awhile, It seems so futile to try to debate with some, I think you know who I mean. But if you want to know more about God being “the saviour of all mankind”, I recommend you go to the website http://www.concordant.org, it is a non-denominational website, and producer of the “Concordant version” of scripture (the bible). It has a very detailed explanation as to how this is translation has been done, I believe it to be the most accurate translation to date. But do not just believe me, see for yourself. I will be looking at this website from time to time, and if you do look at the Concordant website, let me know through this thread, “free will”. I would be very interested to see what your opinion is. I enjoyed your posts, you're not judgemental, and very polite, I admire your patience, and the way you pointed it out to me when I crossed the line.
    So again, I will not be posting again, but will look at this site from time to time, and may resume some time later, though not sure.

God Bless, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Universalism is a false and useless philosophy.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 27 2008,12:53)
    Hi gollamudi.
         Thanks for seeing the debates from us.  I will not be posting for awhile, It seems so futile to try to debate with some, I think you know who I mean.   But if you want to know more about God being “the saviour of all mankind”, I recommend you go to the website http://www.concordant.org,  it is a non-denominational website, and producer of the “Concordant version” of scripture (the bible). It has a very detailed explanation as to how this is translation has been done, I believe it to be the most accurate translation to date.  But do not just believe me, see for yourself.  I will be looking at this website from time to time, and if you do look at the Concordant website, let me know through this thread, “free will”.  I would be very interested to see what your opinion is.  I enjoyed your posts, you're not judgemental, and very polite, I admire your patience, and the way you pointed it out to me when I crossed the line.
        So again, I will not be posting again, but will look at this site from time to time, and may resume some time later, though not sure.

God Bless,  Jerry.

Thank you very much brother Jerry.

Infact appreciate your posts on free will, Gospel and other topics. I will gothrough the website you have given with open mind. God is teaching me many concepts in these days from our brothers and sisters here. I believe everyone has some piece of truth with him and only we have to have love and patience to share that one with one another to come closure to put all those individual pieces together to get the full picture of God's revelation of His truth.

Don't be discouraged by any brother's opinion here. After all they are only debating with you here on certain beliefs. Hope you will share more on your understandings of scriptures.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone ………> sorry to see your loss of interest here, I also am beginning to lose interest to, one person seems to be running this site and is able to make all kinds of insinuations and false inference and is to my knowledge never told to stop misrepresenting what people say and he has full power to call other reasonings as (WORLDLY) or (HUMAN LOGIC) or what ever he chooses to with out any warnings from the owners of this site yet he can Have them give warnings to anyone he chooses to. Again sorry to see you Go I have enjoyed you incites and scriptural support of them I will check out the site you gave Adam also.

Love and peace to you and yours Jerry……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If only you showed your love of scripture here instead of just using it to justify your own ideas.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..who are you to Judge my love for God's word, that is nothing but pure arrogance on you part. You have no right to Judge me or my love for God's word. But will someone on this site warn you, I think NOT> You seem to have free range to slander or insult and lie about whats said with no consequences what so ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You do have that love of scripture I am sure so why not shelve your theories and show it.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account