Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Gene:

I am not going to go round and round with you on this. I have the freedom to choose, and that is what I mean by a “free will”. You would have to live in a world by yourself in order not to have any influences.

Proverbs 1:10King James Version (KJV)

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty…..Remember i never said we do not have freedom to excercise our will’s now have i? I am speaking about how the will “ITSELF” functions and there is “nothing” free about it. You are hanging on to the idea about the freedom to excercise that captivated will, that has nothing to do with the will, “ITSELF” NOR HOW IT “ITSELF” IS CONTROLED and functions. WHAT YOU BELIEVE ABOUT OUR FREEDOM TO EXCERCISE OUR WILLS, IS RIGHT, But i am not talking about that Marty.

Peace and love to you and yours ……..gene

princess
    Participant

the origin Gene the origin!

when are we given our will?

if you don’t know that’s alright, because neither do I. that’s  why I am asking. you are very adamant about your belief on it and I am taking it you have studied up on it more then most.

are we born with it? do we attain it at a certain age, is it when one is baptized, gives their heart to Christ what? I have never consider myself to have ‘will’ it really seems quite useless to be honest. what does it gain you, what knowledge does it bring, how does it purify the spirit?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Princess…. i believe we are born with that capacity to will, but as to the moment that takes place i do not know, in fact it may be slowely introduced into our thinking process over time. I really don’t know.

peace and love to you and yours…….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

We are created with a will. I do not know when we can first exercise it. I also do not know at what point of development from a fertilized egg that we first posses it. After all Adam was created as an adult.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Please address the last post I made to you on the previous page.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..I agree with that assessment on you post, but with that being said, it still does not make it right because of peoples wrong or misunderstood views. I have said over an over and over i was not talking about thefact that we do have liberty to excercise our WILL FREELY, MY POINT is dealining with the actual will it self as of “itsel” being free, there exists no will the is itself free. There is not asingle scripture that even hints at our wills are themselves free. What tge dictionary does is give us a defination of what people percieve a will that was free would be like, and all who believe in a will that is free but into it.

Kerwin here is a good example go to a standard dictionary and look up the word “faith”, now go to the scriptures and see what it says Faith is. See if you can see the difference. You see tbe dictionary has abridged over time to take on the common human definition, and has completely eleminate the words “EVIDENCE” OF THINGS NOT SEEN, scripture uses the word “EVIDENCE” which gives the word a complete different meaning. Think about it brother.

peace and love to you and yours ……gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

God did create our will but then he is the Creator and we should not confuse him with a creation. It is like claiming God murders a human because he declares it is that human’s time to die. He is the force of Nature.

The question is not how our will were created but rather if we exercise those wills from ourselves or they are controlled by external forces. The environment of a choice is not an influence on the choice it is part of the query the choice is answering. A dog does not have gills and so cannot breath underwater. The lack of gills does not influence his choice but rather eliminates that choice by the animal’s choice to choose to breath underwater.

You are confusing circumstances with influences.

princess
    Participant

Kerwin,

Nicely put. However, before Adam gets his kudos, we have to remember when that egg is fertilized it’s female so …… perhaps that is where all of us get our will from 😉

much love

princess
    Participant

You humble me Gene, not many have the courage in this day and age to say I don’t know. Thank you! I don’t feel so alone anymore.

take care of yourself Gene.

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

Earth was Adam’s Mother and God was his Father so I think the will of a human is a creation of God and therefore neither of male or female. I do not know whether or not will inherited genetically.

You might find this interesting and that is the Hebrew word erets is feminine. Some believe that when God said “Let us make man in our image” God was talking to the earth. It is plausible but I have continuously though he was talking to the angels as they are part of the unity.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Princess,

The bible DOES SAY we have a “Free Will”,
    and doesn’t say we don’t have Free Will.
    Yet Gene will still believe that we don’t.

It’s almost as if Gene’s will is being held captive. Hey, maybe that’s why
    Gene believes his will is being held captive??? Maybe his is …Hmmm?

princess
    Participant

Kerwin,

Interesting how many beliefs there are on creation and how we came to be. The ultimate question of mankind. Personally I would be quite upset to come to find out that earth was the only form of matter used for my creation. All that surrounds us, all that has been given, all that was made and only one form of matter was used. Such a waste.

princess
    Participant

Most assuredly Edj nothing holds you captive  .

Do you want him to achieve in his search?  He is zealous on the belief, then it is his and even though you may disagree because Constantine’s bible tells you so does not make it so to all that are around you. Perhaps it was the main reason for Gene to come to Christ because he has his will. Could be his very foundation. You or I do not know.

what number does will add up to be?

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

The idea if mother earth and father sky is quite common though Scripture does not view earth as a being, much less a god, and views father sky as God of all things. Many myths seem to arise from artistic liberties and misunderstanding of what is written in Scripture even though the later was written more recently.

This has little to do with the topic of this thread.

AndrewAD
    Participant

It’s quite simple that the bible most of ye worship teaches no freewill but rather that all things are ordained of God; but fear not for thy sins and even thine iniquities are forgiven as God hath ordained. So in this rejoice! If your so called “freewill” is true and not blasphemous myth then we are all required to save ourselves by works of faith and perhaps your God doesn’t even know what will happen next. If this be the case then maybe there is no God at all.

princess
    Participant

Kerwin,

Dear one, I will have to disagree with you on your myth theory. Ancients consider the sun as god (male) the moon as god (female) and earth as the offspring (gyia).

Which scared text one chooses to believe in is their own and should be respected. Whatever lead them there had to be a purity of the heart and that cannot be taken no matter what.

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

I have not looked into them in detail but the Babylonians and Greeks viewed earth as the mother and sky as the father. The Egyptians have a creator god (Atum) they claim created himself. Comparable mythology is interesting.

kerwin
    Participant

Andrew,

You confuse free will with who created are will. Free will is the ability to choose of one’s own will.

princess
    Participant

Kerwin,

Have found mythology has not stopped as some people think it has, still continues to this day.

Mother earth had come into play due to the earth providing substances to live. As a mother nurtures her children, cares for them looks after them. The sun being the father, protects them, brings rays of light to mate with earth so life may continue on. That is why you see the halo’s around most saints, ancient art. The halo represents the sun god, the rays of the sun are just as important as the sun itself.  The reason why gold is treasured, it harnesses the power of the sun. Silver being the reflection of the moon. As the generation have passed so has the story of creation.

You can search cultures and see which metals that they found precious and it will determine which god they thought to be the highest. Alchemist even pulled from this to keep their secrets. The planets were named and behind that name there was an elemental property attached. They would write their stories to remember their mixtures. Some of the best told mythology stories are alchemist revealing their secrets. All along others thought they were great stories to listen too. So some of the best kept secrets are in plain sight.

now I’m really getting off topic……

take care of yourself Kerwin and if you could answer a question for me, where is T at? Haven’t seen him post lately.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account