Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 12 2008,13:21)

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 12 2008,01:07)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 11 2008,16:07)
    gollamudi……..it never stops amazing me how ease you get these things and How so many others can't. It's a true sign of the Spirit of truth at work, you just naturally understand these things. Thats how i know you have God's spirit you don't have to be convinced by anyone you just know. And when you post something i see it that way also, it's just amazing Brother.

Adam Have you ask God's something specific and have it happen, it you haven't yet please do so. And see what will happen.

Love and peace to you and yours………….gene

A true sign…not necessarily…maybe he just agrees…the spirit is at work with all genuinely ask and seek it

DK….. Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and will not follow a false Sheppard , there is a ring to spiritual truths that those of the spirit hear. Why do you think Adam does not follow the false teachings of the trinitarians no man taught him that, the spirit of God lead him to  understand it.

IMO…………gene

Amen to that my brother, Gene. You have spoken my words, there is evidence why I am not following non-biblical doctrines.
    I think DK should properly evaluate before commenting on any brother's heart condition.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2008,18:32)
    Hi GB,
    Should you tell us what matters most when the eunuch only was water baptised?

Nick……….If thats all you got, then thats pretty flimsy reasoning brother, I showed you the truth, you can accept it of reject it , It's up to you.

peace…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You should learn from Acts not judge your brothers actions there.
    It is the Word of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………another senseless statement, another way to dodge the truth,”you shall know them by there Fruits”, and the Fruits of the lips speak for them and you to.

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick ……….I meant to say me also.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You still stand in judgement over scripture[acts} and the apostles actions therein.
    It would be wiser to feed on the bread of heaven and to sit at their feet and learn.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….good advice, take it. And you might be surprised what you will see and learn.

peace brother……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

david
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 12 2008,01:07)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 11 2008,16:07)
    gollamudi……..it never stops amazing me how ease you get these things and How so many others can't. It's a true sign of the Spirit of truth at work, you just naturally understand these things. Thats how i know you have God's spirit you don't have to be convinced by anyone you just know. And when you post something i see it that way also, it's just amazing Brother.

Adam Have you ask God's something specific and have it happen, it you haven't yet please do so. And see what will happen.

Love and peace to you and yours………….gene

A true sign…not necessarily…maybe he just agrees…the spirit is at work with all genuinely ask and seek it

Anythony, I couldn't agree more. It's like you're the only one who gets it and everyone else has so much trouble getting it.

It's always sort of irritated me how sometimes people seem to use other people's agreement as some sort of validation or proof of something. (My first two sentences were sort of a joke with reference to this.)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David…..I am sure if you and Dk were one of the people who weren't getting what Jesus was saying you would respond the same way to Jesus when He told His disciples, the others hear and see but did not get it either. The truth has a ring to it and if you have the spirit of truth you recognize it, but if you don't you simply don't get it.

and all those who agreed with Jesus, he could tell, that's why he said (MY) sheep (HEAR) me voice and will not follow a false Sheppard. Do you think these Sheep were all having different beliefs and standing on there own organizations doctrine which is all different from each other, and saying they all have the only truth. No there is a sound of Truth and if everyone could hear it there would not be all this confusion expressed Here.

IMO……gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi all, who believe free will any thing to beat the drum?

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 28 2008,08:37)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 28 2008,07:59)
    But this is mentioned , thy kingdom come (THY WILL) be done

You know this might be funny, but I always considered this part of the prayer that Jesus led to be what he hoped for.  In other words, he knew his Father's will was done in heaven and he wanted it to also be done on earth.  You pray for what you don't have, usually.

It was obvious that God's will wasn't necessarily being carried out on earth.  Not in those days and certainly not in these days.

Quote (gollamudi @ June 28 2008,14:34)

Hi Mandy,
    You are right, our adversary(Satan) wants us to follow our so called free wills and negate the only sovereign will of our Father in heaven to fulfill it on earth as it is in heaven.

Hi GM

This statement is a contradiction of terms, for if the Fathers sovereign will is that men follow him, then why do men not follow him?

God’s will is all be saved and come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, yet many die in their sins and never repent and follow him. But you and GB would teach men that because God’s sovereign will didn’t choose them then they will have to stand before him and account for their sins and be judged accordingly.

You see in heaven there are no free wills only one supreme will that is being followed by heavenly hosts unlike we who under the bondage of sin.

Really, so God has a bunch of robots in heaven that have no will at all?

What about this…

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Rev 22:17

What does “Whosoever will” mean?

But now we are set free by the blood of Jesus we are no longer under this bondage to follow our free will. Please think over and refer my earlier posts.
    Love to you
    Adam

But how are you set free?

Now turn from your sins and turn to God, so you can be cleansed of your sins. Then wonderful times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will send Jesus your Messiah to you again. Acts 3:19. 20 NIV

These words are useless if there is no choice to be made. Why didn’t they just say “hey guys, guess what, Yeshua has died and shed his blood for your sins, so now everybody will be saved”.

That would only be part of the Gospel, the other part is “turn from your sins and turn to God”, and he will send Jesus your Messiah to you.

Yeshua said…

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31, 32

If I cannot freely make a choice to keep his commandments and follow him, then what are they for?

Yet without him I can do nothing. But as I yield my will to follow him and submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit in me then his grace will give me the power to continue in his word.

Jesus said…

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-30

This is a true picture of a believer and follower of Yeshua. Yeshua said “take his yoke”.

The picture here is of two oxen “yoked” together as “one” bearing a load. However, Yeshua bears most of the load for his yoke is easy and his burden is light.

We are co-laborers together with God, working out our salvation with fear and trembling as we yield to the Spirit allowing him to fill us and giving us his grace, the divine influence in our hearts and its reflection in our lives.

Jesus said, “Let your light shine”. Act of our will.

Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 1 Cor 3:8, 9

Let us therefore labour under the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit together with God to carry out his will in our lives as we submit ourselves to him and walk in the Spirit, and we will receive a reward that is laid up in heaven for those who love him and keep his commandments.

Paul said…

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 1 Tim 4:7, 8

Paul was faithful to the end of his natural life, as so many after him who “chose” to fight and finish their course. That was an act of their will, and surely they will be rewarded for laying down their own wills to follow his

Blessings WJ

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Thanks for directing me to appropriate thread. Yes I am set free from the bondage of sin to follow my Father's will otherwise it was not possible earlier my brother. Nothing that is good that exists in me how can you choose God with your already influed free will which is againgt the laws of God. Please read Romans you will understand what is a man unwretched he is what Paul recognises but not many here.
    I only follow our only master and Lord Jesus Christ who taught us how to follow not his own free will but the only sovereign will of God the Father. There is safety my brother no wavering in this faith. You may quote n-number of things to prove this another myth of 'free will' like Trinity. I don't want go in that trap.
    Please think over
    Adam

Quote (gollamudi @ June 28 2008,17:30)
    Hi WJ,
    Thanks for directing me to appropriate thread. Yes I am set free from the bondage of sin to follow my Father's will otherwise it was not possible earlier my brother. Nothing that is good that exists in me how can you choose God with your already influed free will which is againgt the laws of God. Please read Romans you will understand what is a man unwretched he is what Paul recognises but not many here.
    I only follow our only master and Lord Jesus Christ who taught us how to follow not his own free will but the only sovereign will of God the Father. There is safety my brother no wavering in this faith. You may quote n-number of things to prove this another myth of 'free will' like Trinity. I don't want go in that trap.
    Please think over
    Adam

GM

Yes I will freely think it over. I understand that you do not want to address the scriptures.

For they prove that man can “Choose” to follow God or not to.

Your logic is flawed my friend, for if it is the sovereign will of God to have puppets then every man would be serving him now!

:)

chosenone
    Participant

Hi WJ, may I comment? Eph.1:11… God is operating ALL according to the councel of HIS will. Can our so-called “free will” overcome the will of God?

Blessings.

Quote (chosenone @ June 28 2008,18:12)
    Hi WJ, may I comment?  Eph.1:11… God is operating ALL according to the councel of HIS will.  Can our so-called “free will” overcome the will of God?

Blessings.

CO

No, but you assume that it is God's will that men be puppets and not have a will.

If the scripture you quote means what you imply then why isnt every man following him? It is his will that all come to him, right?

If God is sovereign and he has all power then why do men still commit horrible crimes like murder and rape, if it is not his sovereign will for them to do so?

Pure foolishness. God allows men to choose, which means they have a will.

So Jesus words mean nothing when he says…

And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mk 8:34-38

So how will you sugar coat that one? Yeshua says “whosoever denys himself and takes up his cross and follows him”.

That is an act of the will. The words are the words of God to draw men for sure, but the act to folow that drawing is up to the one who hears it. “Whosoever will”.

:)

chosenone
    Participant

Hi WJ.
    The scriptures you quoted Mk.8:34-38, were for the Jews. (Matt.15:24) “I (Jesus) was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. In this era they were under the “old covenant” and the “Law”. To lose your “soul”, was to loose your life (die). They, of course, thought that they used their “free will” to disobey God. See Ro.11:7-11. 7 What then? What Israel is seeking for, this she did not encounter, yet the chosen encountered it. Now the rest were calloused,8 even as it is written, God gives them a spirit of stupor, eyes not to be observing, and ears not to be hearing, till this very day. And David is saying, Let their table become a trap and a mesh, And a snare and a repayment to them:
    10 Darkened be their eyes, not to be observing, And their backs bow together continually.
    11 I am saying, then, Do they not trip that they should be falling? May it not be coming to that! But in their offense is salvation to the nations, to provoke them to jealousy.

Notice in these verses, it is God that controls them to to do HIS will, while they think they were useing 'their will'. Gods ways are not our ways, He is contolling ALL, to complete His objective to be “All in all”. (1Cor.15:28)

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to that post brother Jerry,
    Wj can not see the real meaning of scripture we quote he only judges brothers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 28 2008,18:12)
    Hi WJ, may I comment?  Eph.1:11… God is operating ALL according to the councel of HIS will.  Can our so-called “free will” overcome the will of God?

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    How much rope does God give us men?
    None at all?

If God does not allow options then freedom does not exist.
    If freedom is never an option why would Jesus offer it?

John 8:36
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

God says this to his saints in Romans
    Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Three options there.

Personally I believe God is not an autocrat Who controls everything in every way all the time.

I do not doubt that He can and may but chooses to give all men some rope so that their own choices are truly valid.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..the son makes you free from our own so-called free will thinking, which imprisons you thats what so called free will got you. Using that to prove free will Ideology only shows you lack of understanding, of what scriptures really mean. And if you think the transforming of your mind is done by your so- called free will , you are really deceived, and couldn't be further from the truth.

gene

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account