For Wakeup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 793 total)
  • Author
    Marlin1
    Participant

Pierre,  WOW,  I didn't see your name on there anywhere.

That scripture points out those that will try to do it by there own wits.  Are you one of those?
    God has a provided way, find it and follow it.

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 13 2012,22:20)
    Pierre,  WOW,  I didn't see your name on there anywhere.

That scripture points out those that will try to do it by there own wits.  Are you one of those?
    God has a provided way, find it and follow it.

Marlin

Marlin

you were in discussion with me so I assume that it was addressed to me ,

ho,you did not answer me on my post ???why ???

and NO i am not a person like that ,what you think am I ??

Marlin1
    Participant

Pierre, I didn't answer you because I didn't understand your question. I ask you to ask one question at a time. I think we are having trouble communicating, so please go slow.

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 13 2012,22:44)
    Pierre,  I didn't answer you because I didn't understand your question.  I ask you to ask one question at a time.  I think we are having trouble communicating, so please go slow.

Marlin

Marlin

your answer to me is ;

Pierre, you might want to reread about the Word,(Logos), it was always God and it will always be God.

The scriptures you quoted are correct, your interpretation of them I do not understand. Maybe try doing just one point at a time. I will try to keep up.

Marlin

so you did not read my comment just place you opinion right ?

I have given you many scriptures did you look at those scriptures or just ignored them and give you opinion ?? is this what you did ?

so please go back and read what I have written down for you to read ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2012,22:08)
    “Is there  ‘a god’  beside me?
    yea, THERE IS NO GOD;
    I know not any.”

1 Chronicles 16:25
    For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.

Psalm 82:6
    I said, ‘You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.’

2 Kings 1:3
    Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going off to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?

Isaiah 9:6
    For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Exodus 12:12
    “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn—both men and animals—and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

1 Corinthians 8:5
    For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords)

2 Corinthians 4:4
    The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Genesis 14:19
    and he blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth.

Genesis 17:1
    When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty ; walk before me and be blameless.

Deuteronomy 10:17
    For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Psalm 138:1
    Of David. I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the gods I will sing your praise.

Psalm 82:1
    A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the assembly of gods; he gives judgment among the gods

Ed, what do we do with all these scriptures?  (And this is just the tip of the iceberg – there are literally hundreds of them like this.)

What use are terms like “God Almighty” and “God Most High” and “God of gods” if there are no other gods?

Somebody's missing a big part of the scriptures. What is it Nick says about “single verse theology”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are they above Christ?
    Are they above you if you are in Christ?
    If not why do you not agree with Paul when he says

“FOR US there is one God, the Father…”
    1Cor8

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I agree with all scripture, Nick. The question wasn't about who was above who, was it? The question is whether Jehovah is LITERALLY the only god in existence. What do all the scriptures I quoted teach us?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If you are in Christ other gods do not rate.
    They are irrelevant

mikeboll64
    Blocked

What other gods, Nick? Ed is saying that none exist, and you are saying they do exist, but don't rate.

Which one of you is speaking scripturally?

Marlin1
    Participant

MikeB,

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

If you understood this scripture, you would understand who Jesus is.

Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Knowledge can be a trap.
    Wisdom is the goal.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I do understand who Jesus is, Marlin.  

Jesus was begotten BY God. (Psalm 2:7, John 3:16)
    Jesus is a creation OF God. (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14)
    Jesus is the Son OF God. (Matt 16:16)
    Jesus is the Word/Spokesman OF God. (John 1:1, Rev 19:13)
    Jesus is the Messiah/Christ/Anointed One OF God. (Luke 2:11, Acts 2:36)
    Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb OF God. (John 1:29, Rev 7:10)
    Jesus is a prophet OF God. (Luke 4:24, Acts 3:22)
    Jesus is an angel/messenger OF God.  (John 8:28, 12:49, Galatians 4:14, Revelation 22:16)
    Jesus is the mediator BETWEEN God and men. (1 Tim 2:5)
    Jesus is a Priest OF God. (Heb 5:10)
    Jesus is a Servant OF God. (Acts 4:30)
    Jesus OBEYS God. (John 8:29, 12:49)
    Jesus WORSHIPS God. (John 4:22)
    Jesus says his God is greater than him, and all. (John 14:28, 10:29)
    Jesus says that our God is also his own God. (John 20:17, Rev 3:12)
    Jesus distinguishes himself as someone OTHER THAN his God. (John 10:36, 17:3)
    Jesus was sent BY God. (Gal 4:4)
    Jesus sits at the right hand OF God. (Mark 16:19, Acts 2:33)
    Jesus rules in the power, authority, and name OF God. (Micah 5:4, Matt 28:18)
    Jesus will hand the reign of the Kingdom back to his own God. (1 Cor 15:24, 28)

The question is do YOU understand the things I just posted?  Apparently not, because you think Jesus is the God he is all those things OF for some reason.  ???

And you justify that unscriptural belief the same way Nick justifies his unscriptural beliefs – by saying, “You must be led by spirit to understand it”.  But we all know that is just code for, “The Bible doesn't really teach it, but I want to believe it anyway”.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 13 2012,19:58)
    Hi MB,
    Knowledge can be a trap.
    Wisdom is the goal.

I hope you get there someday, Nick. In the meantime, who was right about the “god” issue? You or Ed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Get what MB?
    We have got to have better hearing than the carnal pharisees.

Marlin1
    Participant

MikeB,  Here is what Paul said about your intellectual understanding of scripture.

II COR 5:19 † To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And MikeB, I know you want to come back and say that the above really didn't mean what it says.  Paul also says this.

I COR 14:37 † If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
    38 † But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

What did Peter say about Paul writings.

II PETER 3:16 † As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 14 2012,10:58)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2012,22:08)
    “Is there  ‘a god’  beside me?
    yea, THERE IS NO GOD;
    I know not any.”

1 Chronicles 16:25
    For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.

Psalm 82:6
    I said, ‘You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.’

2 Kings 1:3
    Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going off to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?

Exodus 12:12
    “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn—both men and animals—and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD.

1 Corinthians 8:5
    For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords)

2 Corinthians 4:4
    The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Genesis 14:19
    and he blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth.

Genesis 17:1
    When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty ; walk before me and be blameless.

Deuteronomy 10:17
    For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Psalm 138:1
    Of David. I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; before the gods I will sing your praise.

Psalm 82:1
    A psalm of Asaph. God presides in the assembly of gods; he gives judgment among the gods

Ed, what do we do with all these scriptures?  (And this is just the tip of the iceberg – there are literally hundreds of them like this.)

What use are terms like “God Almighty” and “God Most High” and “God of gods” if there are no other gods?

Somebody's missing a big part of the scriptures.  What is it Nick says about “single verse theology”?

Hi Mike,

Like I said before: none of them are actually real 'gods',
    not even satan though he is called 'the god' of this age.

It is like the phrase “LORD of Lords” (see Rev.19:16),
    there is only one owner, which is what Lord means.

You shouldn't try to pit one verse above another,
    but instead see how seemingly different ideas
    can equally be correct. (like trin & non-trin)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 14 2012,12:50)
    What other gods, Nick?  Ed is saying that none exist, and you are saying they do exist, but don't rate.

Hi Mike,

It's a matter of perspective.
    To the muslim 'al-lah' is their god
    but, to most Christians, we understand
    he is really satan masquerading as YHVH. (See Gal.1:8)

satan is no god at all, but merely a 'fallen Angel'.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 14 2012,12:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 13 2012,19:58)
    Hi MB,
    Knowledge can be a trap.
    Wisdom is the goal.

I hope you get there someday, Nick.   In the meantime, who was right about the “god” issue?  You or Ed?

Hi Mike,

Me and Nick are in agreement on this!
    “But to us there is but one God, the Father,
    of whom are all things, and we in him;” (1 Cor 8:6)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 15 2012,00:10)

What other gods, Nick?  Ed is saying that none exist, and you are saying they do exist, but don't rate.

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

the name god is a tittle that was very popular in ancient times if you were outstanding i guess they call you a god if not you were a king if you were running a city that is,and we know that the nephylim were giants so were also called gods ,and there parents (angels )were also called gods ,and so the master of all of them is also called god (Satan)

we know by scriptures that their is only one God and creator of all things this his the true God,all others are SO called gods,but gods they are to men that is ,NOT TO THE REAL GOD OR TO THE TRUE BELIEVER IN THE TRUE GOD,BUT TO ALL OTHERS THEY ARE,

this is why Satan is called the god of this world,but not the true God that is above him,can you understand this ???
    it is not a matter of being but of believe who is the false god or the true God,the god of the world or the God of RIGHTEOUSNESS AND THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS,

I hope you can see it and understand this,

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 14 2012,17:10)

Hi Mike,

God bless

2Cr 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Cr 4:4 In whom “”the god”” of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Who do you think Paul is referring to here? and I know he didn't mean “God”.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 793 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account